Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,472
    I don't know what the Peter Principle is but I'll look it up.

The kids are back in school -week 2 in my community. Eight kids showed up yesterday in my daughter's class.

I'm off to get a covid test this evening.
  • Options
    Hmmm. That seems similar to failing upwards in Hollywood.  =)
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    tish said:
    ^Better than mass hysteria saying the air is poisoned and we have no N95s available for the public for an airborne respiratory disease that causes heart attack, stroke, pneumonia, death etc...

They eased us into it, in a similar way that Ed might let you get to know him as a person before revealing a superstar identity.

I disagree. They lied and it messed up their credibility from the start. It was a terrible decision.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I suppose you're right. One of the things BC did was give us the facts we did a lot of complying.
  • Options
    And it helped that the presentation was done calmly, in a soothing voice, especially by someone who knew what they're talkin about.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,686
    tish said:
    I don't know what the Peter Principle is but I'll look it up.

The kids are back in school -week 2 in my community. Eight kids showed up yesterday in my daughter's class.

I'm off to get a covid test this evening.

Sorry, I should not assume the Peter Principle concept is widely known.  It's based on a book by Lawrence J. Peter who developed the theory that in business and other hierarchies, people to to rise to a level of respective incompetence.  No  doubt there are other factors that are more politically involved ("politician in the more broad sense of power struggle, influence, monetary advantage). 
    My basic point (probably not well made in my current state of lack of rest, state of mind, lol), is that we tend to zero in on the most highly visible personalities.  Like, let's say Dr Fauci. Surely he has good, broad medical knowledge.  But he is fallible, and he is only one person.  I think it would be a mistake to assume this one person had all the answers or all the right answers.  SO if we only look to these most visible sources of information, we are probably getting subjected to a more narrow bias, especially if we go to places like Facebook for answers.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,715
    tish said:
    ^Better than mass hysteria saying the air is poisoned and we have no N95s available for the public for an airborne respiratory disease that causes heart attack, stroke, pneumonia, death etc...

They eased us into it, in a similar way that Ed might let you get to know him as a person before revealing a superstar identity.

I disagree. They lied and it messed up their credibility from the start. It was a terrible decision.
    Bingo 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:

containing your nasty ass breath?

Rand Paul has yet to find a mask that's effective for him at doing this.
    They have N95 versions of underwear?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    edited January 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    Also this site if interested:  https://www.covidtests.gov/

Edit: oops, I didn't realize it all went to the USPS site.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Teachers in BC are now required to report their vaccination status. We had left it up to the districts to decide whether or not mandatory vaccinations for teachers would be put in place. I imagine this was because we place high value on having kids attend school and we don't want them closed because teachers won't get vaccinated.

I haven't quite understood how disclosing status will help suppress spread. Unless we provide more layers of protections like vaccination mandates if we find these numbers are low?
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 410
    US citizens can order 4 free at home C19 tests now.  If you're so inclined

https://www.covidtests.gov/
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    mickeyrat said:
    That was painless to order.

Thank You !!
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    cutz said:
    mickeyrat said:

Thank You !!
    Very easy, just ordered ours too.
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,896
    brianlux said:
    The most logical solution to the mask issue is to pay more attention to what scientists and medical experts say, less attention to what politicians say, and almost no attention to what people on Facebook say.
    TBH I've pretty much stopped listening because it's different from one day to the next.  I get that things change as more is learned, but at this point it's getting beyond ridiculous.  
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    PJPOWER said:
    cutz said:
    mickeyrat said:

Thank You !!
    Commies. 
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited January 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    cutz said:
    mickeyrat said:

Thank You !!
    Commies. 
    I figured that I might as well get them since I’ve already payed for them with taxes, lol
    On another note, some people still think their tax return is “free” money.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Rand Paul banned from YouTube for 7 days due to claiming cloth masks aren’t effective.  August 2021
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1276534

CDC indicates that cloth masks are not as effective.  January 2022.

Another example of why some don’t trust the government.  We knew N95 was better than cloth but why just now at about 2 years in the CDC is saying this?  Tell the people what they should do from the start.  Maybe more would produce N95 masks and make up for the higher demand sooner. 

Yes, YT is a private company.  Just another example though of control of thought.  Facebook banned any talk about the virus coming from a lab until the Biden administration said it was a possibility (then it was okay to talk about again).  

Some on the right see their opinions/thoughts disregarded or told it is misinformation when end of the day they aren’t too far from the truth or mainstream sometimes.  This creates distrust and  people may be prone to believe more crackpot theories.  

"Aren't as effective" and "Aren't effective" are two different things. 
    "Paul falsely claimed in the removed video, “Most of the masks you get over the counter don’t work. They don’t prevent infection," adding that “cloth masks don’t work."

A few months later:

"The C.D.C. concedes that cloth masks do not protect against the virus as effectively as other masks."

Remember when the CDC was telling us to wear both a cloth mask and a surgical mask at the same time? Pathetic.
    You didn’t contradict my point, you just reinforced it.  Thanks?
    "Most of the masks you get over the counter don't work." Rand Paul was right and YouTube was wrong.

This is a false statement.  Cloth masks work when worn properly, but aren't as effective as N95...We've known this since the beginning.  If I am going to the beach and all I have is spf 15 I'm not going to forego sunscreen altogether because SPF 15 isn't as effective as SPF 80.  Jesus Christ some people are thick!
    This is one of the best analogies I have seen regarding masks. Makes perfect sense, unless you're someone with an agenda or just plain ignorant. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    tish said:

Perhaps, but I think we should know the truth from the start.  
    Start meaning Spring of 2020? They've already told us the reason they didn't recommend masks initially was because there was a shortage and the front line workers didn't have enough at the time. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Rand Paul banned from YouTube for 7 days due to claiming cloth masks aren’t effective.  August 2021
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1276534

CDC indicates that cloth masks are not as effective.  January 2022.

Another example of why some don’t trust the government.  We knew N95 was better than cloth but why just now at about 2 years in the CDC is saying this?  Tell the people what they should do from the start.  Maybe more would produce N95 masks and make up for the higher demand sooner. 

Yes, YT is a private company.  Just another example though of control of thought.  Facebook banned any talk about the virus coming from a lab until the Biden administration said it was a possibility (then it was okay to talk about again).  

Some on the right see their opinions/thoughts disregarded or told it is misinformation when end of the day they aren’t too far from the truth or mainstream sometimes.  This creates distrust and  people may be prone to believe more crackpot theories.  

"Aren't as effective" and "Aren't effective" are two different things. 
    "Paul falsely claimed in the removed video, “Most of the masks you get over the counter don’t work. They don’t prevent infection," adding that “cloth masks don’t work."

A few months later:

"The C.D.C. concedes that cloth masks do not protect against the virus as effectively as other masks."

Remember when the CDC was telling us to wear both a cloth mask and a surgical mask at the same time? Pathetic.
    You didn’t contradict my point, you just reinforced it.  Thanks?
    "Most of the masks you get over the counter don't work." Rand Paul was right and YouTube was wrong.

This is a false statement.  Cloth masks work when worn properly, but aren't as effective as N95...We've known this since the beginning.  If I am going to the beach and all I have is spf 15 I'm not going to forego sunscreen altogether because SPF 15 isn't as effective as SPF 80.  Jesus Christ some people are thick!
    This is one of the best analogies I have seen regarding masks. Makes perfect sense, unless you're someone with an agenda or just plain ignorant. 

then you have those folks applying baby oil......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

US faces wave of omicron deaths in coming weeks, models say By CARLA K. JOHNSON Today The fast-moving omicron variant may cause less severe disease on average, but COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. are climbing and modelers forecast 50,000 to 300,000 more Americans could die by the time the wave subsides in mid-March.  The seven-day rolling average for daily new COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. has been trending upward since mid-November, reaching nearly 1,700 on Jan. 17 — still below the peak of 3,300 in January 2021. COVID-19 deaths among nursing home residents started rising slightly two weeks ago, although still at a rate 10 times less than last year before most residents were vaccinated.  Despite signs omicron causes milder disease on average, the unprecedented level of infection spreading through the country, with cases still soaring in many states, means many vulnerable people will become severely sick. If the higher end of projections comes to pass, that would push total U.S. deaths from COVID-19 over 1 million by early spring.  “A lot of people are still going to die because of how transmissible omicron has been,” said University of South Florida epidemiologist Jason Salemi. “It unfortunately is going to get worse before it gets better.”

continues...

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,185
    tish said:

Start meaning Spring of 2020? They've already told us the reason they didn't recommend masks initially was because there was a shortage and the front line workers didn't have enough at the time. 
    The issue is with what was actually said. Trying to bury this by saying it was done to ensure front line workers had access still doesn't change the contradiction of his statement. Either his 50+ prior years in the field taught him nothing about the effectiveness of masks or he knowingly spewed an outright lie on national tv. Both scenarios are a bad look for the chief medical advisor and undoubtedly affected his perceived credibility, along with creating distrust from the outset.

There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.”

~Anthony Fauci
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    tish said:

yes, but that's the point he's making. that they should have said that instead of saying "masks don't work" or "masks aren't necessary at this time" when they clearly were. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    forgetting he was speaking on behalf of fuckstick and amateur hour.....

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    theresa tam, canada's "dr fauci", said the exact same thing. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    theresa tam, canada's "dr fauci", said the exact same thing. 
    strange to believe coordinated messaging or your folks just followed our folks?

the run on masks was immediate. by mid feb, none to be found anywhere.

meanwhile, our stockpile had been sent to china as I recall. because it wasnt coming here, blah blah blah

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

US faces wave of omicron deaths in coming weeks, models say By CARLA K. JOHNSON Today The fast-moving omicron variant may cause less severe disease on average, but COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. are climbing and modelers forecast 50,000 to 300,000 more Americans could die by the time the wave subsides in mid-March.  The seven-day rolling average for daily new COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. has been trending upward since mid-November, reaching nearly 1,700 on Jan. 17 — still below the peak of 3,300 in January 2021. COVID-19 deaths among nursing home residents started rising slightly two weeks ago, although still at a rate 10 times less than last year before most residents were vaccinated.  Despite signs omicron causes milder disease on average, the unprecedented level of infection spreading through the country, with cases still soaring in many states, means many vulnerable people will become severely sick. If the higher end of projections comes to pass, that would push total U.S. deaths from COVID-19 over 1 million by early spring.  “A lot of people are still going to die because of how transmissible omicron has been,” said University of South Florida epidemiologist Jason Salemi. “It unfortunately is going to get worse before it gets better.”

continues...
    I'm predicting that we hit 1,000,000 by the end of May/beginning of June. How many of these 150,000 will be unvaccinated? I'm guessing 90-95%. Sad.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mickeyrat said:
    forgetting he was speaking on behalf of fuckstick and amateur hour.....
    "On behalf of?"  So he speaks based on what someone else tells him to say?  That is concerning whether it was Trump, Biden or anyone else.