Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 644
    23scidoo said:
    Seems like he went off script. Good work, Woody. 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,629
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    and still......

this is an addional 1500 dead from yesterday's tally on thus site....

You get in on a hospital for A reason and you came up dead from covid..
    i have seen this movie..it wasn't good one..
    So lets use excess deaths to eliminate that possibility? Remember when the anti-mandate people used to do that with Sweden? I wonder why they stopped? 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    23scidoo said:
    Thinking pharmaceuticals bought up whatever and had the power to institute global mandates, of which were random place to place as far as requirements. I know I never needed the vaccine to “leave the house”, can be seen as the joke. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    I've received notice that I can get COVID booster #3 free in the next 6 weeks or so.  I'm wondering who here I should ask about whether or not that is a good idea...
    biglaugh

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    23scidoo said:
    I really admire Woody's acting, and I think he's done some really good things as an activist. So it saddens me to see him getting this one so wrong. 

In 2020, I don't remember being locked in my home. Some people were forced to isolate, but most of the world was not. In 2020, prior to the availability of any vaccines, I went to work, shopped in grocery stores, visited my mother, went out for walks, picked up food from restaurants. Was I trying to be cautious? Sure. Was I forced to shelter in place? Nope. Neither were people who went to bars, went to church, ate at restaurants, threw "covid parties" (wtf), and attended big family gatherings. 

Fast forward, and we've had a vaccine available for over 2 years. Loads of people are unvaccinated.... by choice. I work in healthcare, and some of my coworkers are not vaccinated... by choice. They used to have to take a free test weekly to continue working. Now they don't even have to test. I remember a certain political party speculating that Joe Biden would force vaccines on all American citizens. POTUS has been in office for over 2 years, so his vaccine mandate plan must have an incredibly slow roll out. 

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    3days said:
    23scidoo said:
    I really admire Woody's acting, and I think he's done some really good things as an activist. So it saddens me to see him getting this one so wrong. 

In 2020, I don't remember being locked in my home. Some people were forced to isolate, but most of the world was not. In 2020, prior to the availability of any vaccines, I went to work, shopped in grocery stores, visited my mother, went out for walks, picked up food from restaurants. Was I trying to be cautious? Sure. Was I forced to shelter in place? Nope. Neither were people who went to bars, went to church, ate at restaurants, threw "covid parties" (wtf), and attended big family gatherings. 

Fast forward, and we've had a vaccine available for over 2 years. Loads of people are unvaccinated.... by choice. I work in healthcare, and some of my coworkers are not vaccinated... by choice. They used to have to take a free test weekly to continue working. Now they don't even have to test. I remember a certain political party speculating that Joe Biden would force vaccines on all American citizens. POTUS has been in office for over 2 years, so his vaccine mandate plan must have an incredibly slow roll out. 

My feeling about this is that if people (not you, 3days) are forming their opinions around something an actor says on a late night comedy show, that probably have much more serious problems brewing. 
    Woody is a funny guy and a fine actor, not a health care professional.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    3days said:
    23scidoo said:

One of my siblings is in film, and was one of two people filming Woody when he was in Toronto shooting something about a year ago. Apparently he was espousing this the entire time (whether anyone wanted to hear it or not), and wouldn't have any debate on the matter.

Great actor. Not a health care practitioner.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    The victimhood is never ending. 
    The only victims here are YouTube scientists. Haha. 
    I don’t understand.  Eight agencies have studied this,  4 have low confidence that it’s natural, 2 say it’s lab with low confidence,  and 2 have not made a determination.  Why do you believe the DOE and FBI over the other 4 agencies?  What information do you have that proves the 2 are right and the 4 are wrong?
    let's be a little serious..they said that the virus was born in a rural market in Juhan..coincidentally, there is also a laboratory nearby that studies viruses..
    coincidence??..
    That's circumstantial evidence, not empirical evidence.  See that's the difference here.  I have never weighed in on this one way or another because I have zero evidence or sources that examined actual empirical evidence.  Jumping to the conclusion you jumped to is irresponsible for a gov't to do.  It's fine for a bunch of yahoos on the internet, but not for a gov't.  At this point, it may be right, and it still may be wrong.  But what you and other did was simply guess.  You had no actual knowledge.  

And for the record, the Wuhan market wasn't 'rural'. Wuhan has 8.5MM people.  The market had over 1000 tenants.  Athens has a metro population of less than 4MM.  So unless you consider Athens a podunk outpost, Wuhan cannot be considered "rural".  
    Common sense..
    Considering several other respiratory illnesses started in the wild, including the devastating SARS, which appeared in China in 2002, common sense is that covid COULD come from a lab, not that it did.  You need actual evidence for a gov't or anyone in a position of authority to draw such a conclusion.  Otherwise you are being irresponsible.  
    I think irresponsibility and (intentional or accidental) misreading of the facts are part of a troll's MO. 23 is right on brand.

The rest of us know the difference between a fact and a theory, and know the difference between a theory and a conspiracy (the body of evidence).
    You have no idea about me..ok??..don't talk about me again..otherwise i have to act as i think..
    last warning..thank you..
    You don't share your own opinion, you post based on content's controversy value, tell everyone they've been fooled in some cryptic way, then repeat the process, acting like you're somehow enlightened while the rest of us eat shit joyously all day - all the while adding nothing to the conversation. It's consistent, it's belittling, and it's tiresome - and wreaks of disingenuous debate (aka trolling).

If you're here to engage genuinely, would you care to respond to mrussel's argument (argument = a theory presented with supporting evidence)? Or can we just assume you know he's right?

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,897
    edited March 2023
    AW124797 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    and still......

By my calculations that's a 0.009998354395939 death rate or an over 99% survival rate.  And, the cases number is most likely grossly underreported as the number of people who have had it that never tested as well as those who have tested but not reported it anywhere has to be large as well. To be fair, the deaths rate is most likely underreported as well (or over reported depending on who you ask), but even so based on the survival rate I wouldn't imagine it moving the needle at all.  I have the vaccine and boosters including the most recent one, but I'm done with those and will take my chances from here on out.
    May I ask what made you have this change of heart? That updated booster must've been very recent. 
    Got the updated booster towards the end of December. I've never gotten a flu shot, and that's where the shot is headed as a best guess of what will protect you at the time.  Between having vaccines and boosters for it, and actually having Covid I'm good with my chances going forward.  But, I respect the decision of anyone who continues to get boosters based on their particular situation.
    Post edited by jwhjr17 on
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,506
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    and still......

So lets use excess deaths to eliminate that possibility? Remember when the anti-mandate people used to do that with Sweden? I wonder why they stopped? 
    my mother's ex-husband was admitted to the hospital with a respiratory problem and came out dead from covid..another question??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    23scidoo said:
    Thinking pharmaceuticals bought up whatever and had the power to institute global mandates, of which were random place to place as far as requirements. I know I never needed the vaccine to “leave the house”, can be seen as the joke. 

remind me this one..he was joking too, right??..

https://youtu.be/iJOb9xHggS4
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,797
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    and still......

my mother's ex-husband was admitted to the hospital with a respiratory problem and came out dead from covid..another question??

pssst, covid iis a respiratory illness. in case you were wondering.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    benjs said:
    23scidoo said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    The victimhood is never ending. 
    The only victims here are YouTube scientists. Haha. 
    I don’t understand.  Eight agencies have studied this,  4 have low confidence that it’s natural, 2 say it’s lab with low confidence,  and 2 have not made a determination.  Why do you believe the DOE and FBI over the other 4 agencies?  What information do you have that proves the 2 are right and the 4 are wrong?
    let's be a little serious..they said that the virus was born in a rural market in Juhan..coincidentally, there is also a laboratory nearby that studies viruses..
    coincidence??..
    That's circumstantial evidence, not empirical evidence.  See that's the difference here.  I have never weighed in on this one way or another because I have zero evidence or sources that examined actual empirical evidence.  Jumping to the conclusion you jumped to is irresponsible for a gov't to do.  It's fine for a bunch of yahoos on the internet, but not for a gov't.  At this point, it may be right, and it still may be wrong.  But what you and other did was simply guess.  You had no actual knowledge.  

And for the record, the Wuhan market wasn't 'rural'. Wuhan has 8.5MM people.  The market had over 1000 tenants.  Athens has a metro population of less than 4MM.  So unless you consider Athens a podunk outpost, Wuhan cannot be considered "rural".  
    Common sense..
    Considering several other respiratory illnesses started in the wild, including the devastating SARS, which appeared in China in 2002, common sense is that covid COULD come from a lab, not that it did.  You need actual evidence for a gov't or anyone in a position of authority to draw such a conclusion.  Otherwise you are being irresponsible.  
    I think irresponsibility and (intentional or accidental) misreading of the facts are part of a troll's MO. 23 is right on brand.

The rest of us know the difference between a fact and a theory, and know the difference between a theory and a conspiracy (the body of evidence).
    You have no idea about me..ok??..don't talk about me again..otherwise i have to act as i think..
    last warning..thank you..
    You don't share your own opinion, you post based on content's controversy value, tell everyone they've been fooled in some cryptic way, then repeat the process, acting like you're somehow enlightened while the rest of us eat shit joyously all day - all the while adding nothing to the conversation. It's consistent, it's belittling, and it's tiresome - and wreaks of disingenuous debate (aka trolling).

If you're here to engage genuinely, would you care to respond to mrussel's argument (argument = a theory presented with supporting evidence)? Or can we just assume you know he's right?

so to finish, in eleven years here I have not offended anyone, the opposite has happened.. your opinion is respected, that's what I learned from my parents.. until you came up with anecdotes.. and you ask me to have a discussion??. .no my ''friend'' you don't even deserve my attention..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    and since you didn't find someone who speaks Italian, maybe you can find someone who speaks Japanese..

https://youtu.be/B4hY30ZqDGk
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    Amazing. 
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    and still......

Which is why excess deaths removes this question around these individual scenarios. Do you see how that works?  
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    AW124797 said:
    23scidoo said:

Woody’s serious. That’s the joke. 
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    and since you didn't find someone who speaks Italian, maybe you can find someone who speaks Japanese..

A person ranting on youtube being used as a “reliable source”. Where have I seen this before? 
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

A person ranting on youtube being used as a “reliable source”. Where have I seen this before? 
    To be fair, this isn't just a person ranting. The individual speaking is Masanori Fukushima, MD, Ph.D.— Director and Chairman, Translational Research Center for Medical Innovation (TRI), Foundation for Biomedical Research and Innovation at Kobe (FBRI) Professor Emeritus, Kyoto University (lifted from the YouTube video directly). 

I guess I just truly can't wrap my head around how an individual like this, so outspoken amongst his peers, and seemingly credible, can remain so unheard outside of this bubble. My questions are the following (and I honestly can't figure out the answers to any of these):

1. There's a global anti-vaccine movement that's not insignificant. How can this video only have 2,000 views in 3 months if it's seen as a smoking gun?
    2. This man speaks with passion like he knows a truth that must go out, politics, etc. be damned. Why hasn't he started a website/blog to share this, if his opinion's being suppressed on YouTube/Twitter (that's the insinuation made when these random channels pop up)
    3. Fukushima has published 6 medical journals, seemingly unrelated to CoVID, since his first published journal on CoVID recommendations in December of 2020. I've requested access to the full journal, as online one can only access the Abstract without purchasing.
    4. While the news isn't as sensationalized in Japan as it is in the States, I still find it hard to believe that a reputable doctor with a history of objecting to government overreach would be suppressed from the media.

I'm not sure what to say to any of the above. The scenario seems sketchy, but as does this doctor's behaviour (i.e. seemingly giving up after this outburst).

EV
  • Options
    benjs said:
    23scidoo said:

To be fair, this isn't just a person ranting. The individual speaking is Masanori Fukushima, MD, Ph.D.— Director and Chairman, Translational Research Center for Medical Innovation (TRI), Foundation for Biomedical Research and Innovation at Kobe (FBRI) Professor Emeritus, Kyoto University (lifted from the YouTube video directly). 

I guess I just truly can't wrap my head around how an individual like this, so outspoken amongst his peers, and seemingly credible, can remain so unheard outside of this bubble. My questions are the following (and I honestly can't figure out the answers to any of these):

1. There's a global anti-vaccine movement that's not insignificant. How can this video only have 2,000 views in 3 months if it's seen as a smoking gun?
    2. This man speaks with passion like he knows a truth that must go out, politics, etc. be damned. Why hasn't he started a website/blog to share this, if his opinion's being suppressed on YouTube/Twitter (that's the insinuation made when these random channels pop up)
    3. Fukushima has published 6 medical journals, seemingly unrelated to CoVID, since his first published journal on CoVID recommendations in December of 2020. I've requested access to the full journal, as online one can only access the Abstract without purchasing.
    4. While the news isn't as sensationalized in Japan as it is in the States, I still find it hard to believe that a reputable doctor with a history of objecting to government overreach would be suppressed from the media.

I'm not sure what to say to any of the above. The scenario seems sketchy, but as does this doctor's behaviour (i.e. seemingly giving up after this outburst).

his channel? his translation?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    benjs said:
    23scidoo said:

Good point. Two more oddities I wish the doctor had provided. 

EV
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    benjs said:
    23scidoo said:

I see now. so channel belongs to this guy. same question then. Who did the translation...

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    and still......

Negative before entering..please, this is something i know very well, don't try to doubt it..
    it's like tomorrow you came here and said ''i have experienced this '' and someone try to doupt to you..it's not nice..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    benjs said:
    23scidoo said:

I'm not sure what to say either but thank you for your info..because we would call him crazy τοο..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    AW124797 said:
    23scidoo said:

Woody’s serious. That’s the joke. 
    we have different sense of humor i guess..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    and still......

Negative before entering..please, this is something i know very well, don't try to doubt it..
    it's like tomorrow you came here and said ''i have experienced this '' and someone try to doupt to you..it's not nice..

So he did die from complications of covid then or just with covid? and not just listed as such? If thats the case, then the hospital failed to follow some basic mitigation procedures, no?  at what point during the pandemic was this? Were the vaccines available at that time? if so, was he vaccinated?

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    23scidoo said:
    So wait, the whole thing hinges on the verb used in Dr. Andersson's email...from Feb of 2020?  Did anyone ask the doctor what he meant by the verb "disproved" and whether it was inarticulate emailing or to be taken literally?

Second, we all said here that we are willing to let the US gov't research and determine the origin.  I don't think anyone has a personal stake in where it originated.  At the end of the day, it left a million Americans dead, regardless of whether it was lab or not.  If it was a lab, it becomes a geopolitical issue, not a medical or science one.  
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    and still......

So he did die from complications of covid then or just with covid? and not just listed as such? If thats the case, then the hospital failed to follow some basic mitigation procedures, no?  at what point during the pandemic was this? Were the vaccines available at that time? if so, was he vaccinated?
    November 2020..no vaccines available..he enter at the hospital Tuesday if i remember right..he was very carefully cause his respiratory problem..three days later, the hospital call his dayghter and tell her that her father is worst and must be enter at ER..they didn't let anyone to see him..logic..
    two days later, last call, your father died from covid..yes, i know, he could get it at the hospital those five days..
    but all happens very fast with poor explanations..really don't know..

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    newly released emails uncovered by House Republicans probing the COVID-19 pandemic show the former head of the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases both commissioned and had final approval on a scientific paper which claimed it was 'improbable' that the virus leaked out of a lab in Wuhan, China.

1. I would like to see the entire emails these portions were lifted from. You know, for context.
    2. Improbable, is not the same or in the same ballpark as impossible or definitively did not.