Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,607
    benjs said:
    23scidoo said:
    and since you didn't find someone who speaks Italian, maybe you can find someone who speaks Japanese..

https://youtu.be/B4hY30ZqDGk
    A person ranting on youtube being used as a “reliable source”. Where have I seen this before? 
    To be fair, this isn't just a person ranting. The individual speaking is Masanori Fukushima, MD, Ph.D.— Director and Chairman, Translational Research Center for Medical Innovation (TRI), Foundation for Biomedical Research and Innovation at Kobe (FBRI) Professor Emeritus, Kyoto University (lifted from the YouTube video directly). 

I guess I just truly can't wrap my head around how an individual like this, so outspoken amongst his peers, and seemingly credible, can remain so unheard outside of this bubble. My questions are the following (and I honestly can't figure out the answers to any of these):

1. There's a global anti-vaccine movement that's not insignificant. How can this video only have 2,000 views in 3 months if it's seen as a smoking gun?
    2. This man speaks with passion like he knows a truth that must go out, politics, etc. be damned. Why hasn't he started a website/blog to share this, if his opinion's being suppressed on YouTube/Twitter (that's the insinuation made when these random channels pop up)
    3. Fukushima has published 6 medical journals, seemingly unrelated to CoVID, since his first published journal on CoVID recommendations in December of 2020. I've requested access to the full journal, as online one can only access the Abstract without purchasing.
    4. While the news isn't as sensationalized in Japan as it is in the States, I still find it hard to believe that a reputable doctor with a history of objecting to government overreach would be suppressed from the media.

I'm not sure what to say to any of the above. The scenario seems sketchy, but as does this doctor's behaviour (i.e. seemingly giving up after this outburst).
    Is it suppressing though? Regardless of his credibility, what he’s ranting about is the same thing I can find from a random internet person talking about VAERS reports, which is what I think he’s referring to the Japanese equivalent of when he’s waving the paper in the air. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,480
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    So wait, the whole thing hinges on the verb used in Dr. Andersson's email...from Feb of 2020?  Did anyone ask the doctor what he meant by the verb "disproved" and whether it was inarticulate emailing or to be taken literally?

Second, we all said here that we are willing to let the US gov't research and determine the origin.  I don't think anyone has a personal stake in where it originated.  At the end of the day, it left a million Americans dead, regardless of whether it was lab or not.  If it was a lab, it becomes a geopolitical issue, not a medical or science one.  
    Wait, why should we wait US gov to tell us what happened??..
    huge difference if it comes from lab..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,607
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    and still......

this is an addional 1500 dead from yesterday's tally on thus site....

You get in on a hospital for A reason and you came up dead from covid..
    i have seen this movie..it wasn't good one..
    So lets use excess deaths to eliminate that possibility? Remember when the anti-mandate people used to do that with Sweden? I wonder why they stopped? 
    my mother's ex-husband was admitted to the hospital with a respiratory problem and came out dead from covid..another question??

pssst, covid iis a respiratory illness. in case you were wondering.
    Negative before entering..please, this is something i know very well, don't try to doubt it..
    it's like tomorrow you came here and said ''i have experienced this '' and someone try to doupt to you..it's not nice..
    So he wouldn’t be considered an excess death, which is why using excess deaths as a measurement removes ‘with Covid’, ‘from Covid’, ‘the hospital just declared they had Covid,’ from the equation. 
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    benjs said:
    23scidoo said:
    and since you didn't find someone who speaks Italian, maybe you can find someone who speaks Japanese..

https://youtu.be/B4hY30ZqDGk
    A person ranting on youtube being used as a “reliable source”. Where have I seen this before? 
    To be fair, this isn't just a person ranting. The individual speaking is Masanori Fukushima, MD, Ph.D.— Director and Chairman, Translational Research Center for Medical Innovation (TRI), Foundation for Biomedical Research and Innovation at Kobe (FBRI) Professor Emeritus, Kyoto University (lifted from the YouTube video directly). 

I guess I just truly can't wrap my head around how an individual like this, so outspoken amongst his peers, and seemingly credible, can remain so unheard outside of this bubble. My questions are the following (and I honestly can't figure out the answers to any of these):

1. There's a global anti-vaccine movement that's not insignificant. How can this video only have 2,000 views in 3 months if it's seen as a smoking gun?
    2. This man speaks with passion like he knows a truth that must go out, politics, etc. be damned. Why hasn't he started a website/blog to share this, if his opinion's being suppressed on YouTube/Twitter (that's the insinuation made when these random channels pop up)
    3. Fukushima has published 6 medical journals, seemingly unrelated to CoVID, since his first published journal on CoVID recommendations in December of 2020. I've requested access to the full journal, as online one can only access the Abstract without purchasing.
    4. While the news isn't as sensationalized in Japan as it is in the States, I still find it hard to believe that a reputable doctor with a history of objecting to government overreach would be suppressed from the media.

I'm not sure what to say to any of the above. The scenario seems sketchy, but as does this doctor's behaviour (i.e. seemingly giving up after this outburst).
    Is it suppressing though? Regardless of his credibility, what he’s ranting about is the same thing I can find from a random internet person talking about VAERS reports, which is what I think he’s referring to the Japanese equivalent of when he’s waving the paper in the air. 
    You're right - at this point, the 'suppression' is unvalidated. I'm just trying to take these seemingly incongruous facts and see if the truth is somewhere visible in here. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    and still......

So lets use excess deaths to eliminate that possibility? Remember when the anti-mandate people used to do that with Sweden? I wonder why they stopped? 
    my mother's ex-husband was admitted to the hospital with a respiratory problem and came out dead from covid..another question??

Negative before entering..please, this is something i know very well, don't try to doubt it..
    it's like tomorrow you came here and said ''i have experienced this '' and someone try to doupt to you..it's not nice..

So he did die from complications of covid then or just with covid? and not just listed as such? If thats the case, then the hospital failed to follow some basic mitigation procedures, no?  at what point during the pandemic was this? Were the vaccines available at that time? if so, was he vaccinated?
    November 2020..no vaccines available..he enter at the hospital Tuesday if i remember right..he was very carefully cause his respiratory problem..three days later, the hospital call his dayghter and tell her that her father is worst and must be enter at ER..they didn't let anyone to see him..logic..
    two days later, last call, your father died from covid..yes, i know, he could get it at the hospital those five days..
    but all happens very fast with poor explanations..really don't know..

To me, this seems explainable by the chaos experienced at hospitals at that time. Contracting it at the hospital over five days during a period like that really reads to me as the most logical conclusion.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,943
    I had a high school acquaintance that went to the hospital for back surgery a few years ago that ended up dying of covid there.

Based on his FB comments I'm pretty sure he wasn't vaxxed. Can't say if it would have saved him but my guess is that it would have.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    So wait, the whole thing hinges on the verb used in Dr. Andersson's email...from Feb of 2020?  Did anyone ask the doctor what he meant by the verb "disproved" and whether it was inarticulate emailing or to be taken literally?

Second, we all said here that we are willing to let the US gov't research and determine the origin.  I don't think anyone has a personal stake in where it originated.  At the end of the day, it left a million Americans dead, regardless of whether it was lab or not.  If it was a lab, it becomes a geopolitical issue, not a medical or science one.  
    In the US, that's our primary resource of trust.  It's not like I have the data and access to classified information to make a sound judgment.  I don't use You Tube and untethered speculation to inform my opinions.  Should I wait for the Greek gov't to render an opinion?  Will that be coming soon?
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:

In the US, that's our primary resource of trust.  It's not like I have the data and access to classified information to make a sound judgment.  I don't use You Tube and untethered speculation to inform my opinions.  Should I wait for the Greek gov't to render an opinion?  Will that be coming soon?
    Υοu should definitely not waiting the Greek gov..lol..we don't trust them, you shouldn't either..
    but your gov is so trustworthy??..the global super power who tell us what happened??..
    and of course you mean the gov with specific president, right??..

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,651
    benjs said:
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    and still......

So he did die from complications of covid then or just with covid? and not just listed as such? If thats the case, then the hospital failed to follow some basic mitigation procedures, no?  at what point during the pandemic was this? Were the vaccines available at that time? if so, was he vaccinated?
    November 2020..no vaccines available..he enter at the hospital Tuesday if i remember right..he was very carefully cause his respiratory problem..three days later, the hospital call his dayghter and tell her that her father is worst and must be enter at ER..they didn't let anyone to see him..logic..
    two days later, last call, your father died from covid..yes, i know, he could get it at the hospital those five days..
    but all happens very fast with poor explanations..really don't know..

To me, this seems explainable by the chaos experienced at hospitals at that time. Contracting it at the hospital over five days during a period like that really reads to me as the most logical conclusion.

coupled with the fact he had this underlying respiratory thing to begin with. It is also possible that his negative testing was too soon to reveal the infection. Meaning he really could have entered hospital with the infection but they released him or didnt admit him without a positive test.  Also, delta could have been prevelant at that time as well as it was first identified in Oct of 2020 in India, quickly becoming the dominant strain worldwide and later named delta in 2021.

Regardless, the result is the same if lab leak or natural jump to humans.

i'm sorry for your loss. Same as I'm sorry for the loss of close to 7 million people when many could have been prevented......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:

Υοu should definitely not waiting the Greek gov..lol..we don't trust them, you shouldn't either..
    but your gov is so trustworthy??..the global super power who tell us what happened??..

What choice do you have?  These people on the internet don't follow the scientific process.  They don't have access to intelligence, confidential or secret information.  If the British gov't made a determination, that would have some influence on me as well, same with the French.  That doesn't mean I think they are 100% trustworthy or right all the time.  But the alternative is some yahoo on You Tube.  How is that better?
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:

What choice do you have?  These people on the internet don't follow the scientific process.  They don't have access to intelligence, confidential or secret information.  If the British gov't made a determination, that would have some influence on me as well, same with the French.  That doesn't mean I think they are 100% trustworthy or right all the time.  But the alternative is some yahoo on You Tube.  How is that better?
    I mean, I think this really does get at a larger issue - we have a serious trust crisis. If we don't trust institutions, each other, the scientists, the controversialists, the media - do we just ignore experts and go our own ways and somehow hope for the best? 

Can anyone stop this train?

EV
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:

I mean, I think this really does get at a larger issue - we have a serious trust crisis. If we don't trust institutions, each other, the scientists, the controversialists, the media - do we just ignore experts and go our own ways and somehow hope for the best? 

I trust Fox news to give me the fair and balanced news everyday.  That's how I know Kari Lake is the right gov of Arizona.  And there is no such thing a lawsuit by Dominion against Fox. 
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:

I trust Fox news to give me the fair and balanced news everyday.  That's how I know Kari Lake is the right gov of Arizona.  And there is no such thing a lawsuit by Dominion against Fox. 
    Obviously I know this is a joke, but you have to recognize that for some people, every word of what you wrote is true. 

EV
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,570
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:

No.

On social media platforms, more sharing means less caring about accuracy

An MIT-led study reveals a core tension between the impulse to share news and to think about whether it is true.

As a social media user, you can be eager to share content. You can also try to judge whether it is true or not. But for many people it is difficult to prioritize both these things at once.

That’s the conclusion of a new experiment led by MIT scholars, which finds that even considering whether or not to share news items on social media reduces people’s ability to tell truths from falsehoods.

The study involved asking people to assess whether various news headlines were accurate. But if participants were first asked whether they would share that content, they were 35 percent worse at telling truths from falsehoods. Participants were also 18 percent less successful at discerning truth when asked about sharing right after evaluating them.

“Just asking people whether they want to share things makes them more likely to believe headlines they wouldn’t otherwise have believed, and less likely to believe headlines they would have believed,” says David Rand, a professor at the MIT Sloan School of Management and co-author of a new paper detailing the study’s results. “Thinking about sharing just mixes them up.”

The results suggest an essential tension between sharing and accuracy in the realm of social media. While people’s willingness to share news content and their ability to judge it accurately can both be bolstered separately, the study suggests the two things do not positively reinforce each other when considered at the same time.

“The second you ask people about accuracy, you’re prompting them, and the second you ask about sharing, you’re prompting them,” says Ziv Epstein, a PhD student in the Human Dynamics group at the MIT Media Lab and another of the paper’s co-authors. “If you ask about sharing and accuracy at the same time, it can undermine people’s capacity for truth discernment.”

The paper, “The social media context interferes with truth discernment,” is published today in Science Advances. The authors are Epstein; Nathaniel Sirlin, a research assistant at MIT Sloan; Antonio Arechar, a professor at the Center for Research and Teaching in Economics in Mexico; Gordon Pennycook, an associate professor at the University of Regina; and Rand, who is the Erwin H. Schell Professor, a professor of management science and of brain and cognitive sciences, and the director of MIT’s Applied Cooperation Team.  

To carry out the study, the researchers conducted two waves of online surveys of 3,157 Americans whose demographic characteristics approximated the U.S. averages for age, gender, ethnicity, and geographic distribution. All participants use either Twitter or Facebook. People were shown a series of true and false headlines about politics and the Covid-19 pandemic, and were randomly assigned to two groups. At times they were asked only about accuracy or only about sharing content; at other times they were asked about both, in differing orders. From this survey design, the scholars could determine the effect that being asked about sharing content has on people’s news accuracy judgments.

In conducting the survey, the researchers were exploring two hypotheses about sharing and news judgements. One possibility is that being asked about sharing could make people more discerning about content because they would not want to share misleading news items. The other possibility is that asking people about sharing headlines feeds into the generally distracted condition in which consumers view news while on social media, and therefore detracts from their ability to tell truth from falsity.

Continues 

https://news.mit.edu/2023/social-media-platforms-more-sharing-means-less-caring-about-accuracy-0303

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:

Obviously I know this is a joke, but you have to recognize that for some people, every word of what you wrote is true. 
    Sadly I do.  They have been radicalized.  The interesting thing is that the gov't is no more diabolical than it ever was, in fact it is likely to be significantly more transparent.  But we trusted them until Vietnam went wrong, and the Pentagon Papers, followed by Watergate, the Church committee, etc.  

I don't have a solution to your question other than attempting to hold gov officials accountable through oversight and elections.  The concept of a gov lying to the people is as old as civilization.  It's not a harbinger of the downfall of society.  
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:

Sadly I do.  They have been radicalized.  The interesting thing is that the gov't is no more diabolical than it ever was, in fact it is likely to be significantly more transparent.  But we trusted them until Vietnam went wrong, and the Pentagon Papers, followed by Watergate, the Church committee, etc.  

I don't have a solution to your question other than attempting to hold gov officials accountable through oversight and elections.  The concept of a gov lying to the people is as old as civilization.  It's not a harbinger of the downfall of society.  

Sad indeed.
    And not only have these people been radicalized, many have been beguiled to the point of delusion in believing the lies they are fed.  Their being duped very much illustrates a number of things including a lack of a quality education, an pervasive inability to use critical thinking, and a tendency for masses of people to follow charismatic "leaders".
    And like you say, they don't trust government.  Instead, they prefer blind acceptance of those marginal radical authoritarian "leaders" whom they believe care for their them and have concern for their own good.
    History is repeating itself yet again.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,570
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:

But it may very well be the downfall of a democratic society.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:

Sad indeed.
    And not only have these people been radicalized, many have been beguiled to the point of delusion in believing the lies they are fed.  Their being duped very much illustrates a number of things including a lack of a quality education, an pervasive inability to use critical thinking, and a tendency for masses of people to follow charismatic "leaders".
    And like you say, they don't trust government.  Instead, they prefer blind acceptance of those marginal radical authoritarian "leaders" whom they believe care for their them and have concern for their own good.

Karl Marx quote History repeats itself the first as tragedy then as  farce
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,919
    Sweden had the lowest excess mortality during the corona pandemic in the EU

In no other EU country did the number of deaths increase as little as in Sweden during the corona years 2020-2022. This is shown by figures produced by Statistics Sweden/SvD.

Statistics Sweden SCB has, on behalf of Svenska Dagbladet, calculated the so-called excess mortality during the corona years 2020-2022 in the EU countries and the EEA countries Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein. The figure includes all those who have died, including from reasons other than COVID-19.

The result is Sweden had the lowest excess mortality of all. The average number of deaths per year in 2020-2022 was an increase of 4.4 percent compared to the previous three years. The largest increase in the number of deaths during the pandemic years was recorded by Bulgaria and Slovakia

Anders Tegnell efter pandemin: Överdödlighet ger inte hela svaret | SvD

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,651
    gift article.....

Opinion | Available evidence still points to covid originating from spillover
    Opinion by Angela Rasmussen and Saskia Popescu
    March 07, 2023 at 16:19 ET
    Angela Rasmussen is a virologist and principal research scientist at the Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization at the University of Saskatchewan. Saskia Popescu is an infectious-disease epidemiologist and assistant professor of biodefense at the Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University.
    The news last week that the Energy Department had concluded with “low confidence” that SARS-CoV-2 originated from a “lab leak” caused FBI Director Christopher A. Wray to remind Fox News viewers that his agency reached the same conclusion about the coronavirus in 2021.
    No new evidence is available for public scrutiny. It is impossible to evaluate the Energy Department’s claims. Yet they have been repeated in many quarters as if they were proof of a lab origin — a belief that fuels demands to curtail work on dangerous infectious agents.
    This circus makes the United States and the world less prepared, not more, to defend itself against emerging pathogens that could lead to pandemics, including the alarming influenza strain H5N1 spreading globally in animals or the deadly Marburg virus outbreak in Equatorial Guinea.
    To be clear, all the evidence available for scrutiny points to the pandemic originating from transmission from live animals to humans — zoonotic spillover — at the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market in Wuhan, China.
    Two studies (one co-authored by one of us) published in 2022 in the U.S. journal Science mapped the verifiable earliest cases, environmental samples collected at the Huanan market, records of animal sales at the market, social media data and susceptibility data about the animals. Triangulating all this demonstrated that the pandemic started with two independent spillover events at the market, or just upstream in the common supply chain where the animals were sourced or transported.

continues....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Sweden had the lowest excess mortality during the corona pandemic in the EU

In no other EU country did the number of deaths increase as little as in Sweden during the corona years 2020-2022. This is shown by figures produced by Statistics Sweden/SvD.

Statistics Sweden SCB has, on behalf of Svenska Dagbladet, calculated the so-called excess mortality during the corona years 2020-2022 in the EU countries and the EEA countries Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein. The figure includes all those who have died, including from reasons other than COVID-19.

The result is Sweden had the lowest excess mortality of all. The average number of deaths per year in 2020-2022 was an increase of 4.4 percent compared to the previous three years. The largest increase in the number of deaths during the pandemic years was recorded by Bulgaria and Slovakia

Anders Tegnell efter pandemin: Överdödlighet ger inte hela svaret | SvD

I have been seriously missing seeing this meme in this thread.  I am glad he has been redeemed again.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,221
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:

Sad indeed.

Karl Marx clearly died his mustache. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,184
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:

Sad indeed.

Looks alive and well to me.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    edited March 2023
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:

Sad indeed.

LOL!  Maybe his eye brows as well.   Funny thing is, without all the hair and the beard, he is actually...
    Michael Bay Pens Tribute to Sean Connery and His James Bond Smile of  Approval  The Hollywood Reporter
    Sean Connery!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    FiveBelow said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:

Sad indeed.

Fake news. 

He Died Suddenly ™️ after taking the Moderna booster. 
    FiveBelow said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:

Sad indeed.

Fake news. 

Smart move, getting the trademark in.  
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    mrussel1 said:
    FiveBelow said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:

Sad indeed.

Fake news. 

Smart move, getting the trademark in.  
    Common sense. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,961
    mickeyrat said:
    gift article.....

Opinion | Available evidence still points to covid originating from spillover
    Opinion by Angela Rasmussen and Saskia Popescu
    March 07, 2023 at 16:19 ET
    Angela Rasmussen is a virologist and principal research scientist at the Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization at the University of Saskatchewan. Saskia Popescu is an infectious-disease epidemiologist and assistant professor of biodefense at the Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University.
    The news last week that the Energy Department had concluded with “low confidence” that SARS-CoV-2 originated from a “lab leak” caused FBI Director Christopher A. Wray to remind Fox News viewers that his agency reached the same conclusion about the coronavirus in 2021.
    No new evidence is available for public scrutiny. It is impossible to evaluate the Energy Department’s claims. Yet they have been repeated in many quarters as if they were proof of a lab origin — a belief that fuels demands to curtail work on dangerous infectious agents.
    This circus makes the United States and the world less prepared, not more, to defend itself against emerging pathogens that could lead to pandemics, including the alarming influenza strain H5N1 spreading globally in animals or the deadly Marburg virus outbreak in Equatorial Guinea.
    To be clear, all the evidence available for scrutiny points to the pandemic originating from transmission from live animals to humans — zoonotic spillover — at the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market in Wuhan, China.
    Two studies (one co-authored by one of us) published in 2022 in the U.S. journal Science mapped the verifiable earliest cases, environmental samples collected at the Huanan market, records of animal sales at the market, social media data and susceptibility data about the animals. Triangulating all this demonstrated that the pandemic started with two independent spillover events at the market, or just upstream in the common supply chain where the animals were sourced or transported.

continues....

People actually want these labs closed down?  That's just nuts.  They are definitely needed.  If the leak came from a lab I think it twould do the world some good to learn how it happened, not close them.
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 642
    jwhjr17 said:
    AW124797 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    and still......

By my calculations that's a 0.009998354395939 death rate or an over 99% survival rate.  And, the cases number is most likely grossly underreported as the number of people who have had it that never tested as well as those who have tested but not reported it anywhere has to be large as well. To be fair, the deaths rate is most likely underreported as well (or over reported depending on who you ask), but even so based on the survival rate I wouldn't imagine it moving the needle at all.  I have the vaccine and boosters including the most recent one, but I'm done with those and will take my chances from here on out.
    May I ask what made you have this change of heart? That updated booster must've been very recent. 
    Got the updated booster towards the end of December. I've never gotten a flu shot, and that's where the shot is headed as a best guess of what will protect you at the time.  Between having vaccines and boosters for it, and actually having Covid I'm good with my chances going forward.  But, I respect the decision of anyone who continues to get boosters based on their particular situation.
    Got it. Thanks.
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 642
    FiveBelow said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:

Sad indeed.

Fake news. 

No, he died suddenly from covid after 4 Moderna boosters. Funnier and more probable.