How long before Ed postpones his tour?

Comments

• At this point, it seems to be:

You have vaccine availability. If you don't get vaccinated and follow the guidelines...if you end up in the ICU, too fuckin' bad. You've been warned that the vast majority of ICU patients are unvaccinated and you chose to ignore the warnings. Blame yourself.
    Sucks to be someone who needs the ICU spot for something that has nothing to do with Covid?
    This
    Yeah.  I actually am growing weary of the unvaccinated and am tempted to say "to hell with them" but there so many other ripple effects to doing this.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    I can't imagine these getting postponed/cancelled. There will likely always be a surge at some point or even new variants, and predicting the exact timing of them is next to impossible. 

Most venues are also getting away from the negative test if your not vaccinated. For example, as of today, Auditorium Theatre changed its policy to this. Also, Tool changed one of my shows to this, where it previously showed one or the other.

There are a lot of events in January at some of these theaters. None have been canceled or postponed (yet, I know). Id imagine all these shows (not just EV) will go, unless the artist isn't comfortable. The venues have essentially removed liability by the health checks. 

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    KL159781 said:
    Definitely not shutting down because it's only 2-3k capacity venues, just not enough people even with it being indoors, IMHO. 
    Our high ticket prices likely helped pay for insurance to cover postponement.
    Ding ding ding
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22

You have vaccine availability. If you don't get vaccinated and follow the guidelines...if you end up in the ICU, too fuckin' bad. You've been warned that the vast majority of ICU patients are unvaccinated and you chose to ignore the warnings. Blame yourself.
    Sucks to be someone who needs the ICU spot for something that has nothing to do with Covid?
    This
    Yeah.  I actually am growing weary of the unvaccinated and am tempted to say "to hell with them" but there so many other ripple effects to doing this.
    I’ll say it then, fu*k the unvaccinated. They have had more than enough to get their shot. They are selfish and causing this pandemic to spiral. There, I said it. 
  • In a way, everyone is unvaccinated for Omicron.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,951
    In a way, everyone is unvaccinated for Omicron.
    No
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 665
    edited January 2022
    At this point, it seems to be:

This
    I’ll say it then, fu*k the unvaccinated. They have had more than enough to get their shot. They are selfish and causing this pandemic to spiral. There, I said it. 
    Look at Israel. Everybody is vaxxed, covid positive and already lined up for 4th shot/2nd booster. 
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,203
    edited January 2022
    I'm fully vaxxed and boosted.  Vaxxing has proven to not be the answer (ending the pandemic); in the beginning, "breakthrough" cases were said to be rare.  Now, we're seeing they're anything but that.  The only way out of this is herd immunity, one way or another.

Postponing shows is pointless, unless it's for the long term, because this virus isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.
    Post edited by SJD3232 on
  • reyrey Posts: 280
    SJD3232 said:
    I'm fully vaxxed and boosted.  Vaxxing has proven to not be the answer; in the beginning, "breakthrough" cases were rare.  Now, we're seeing they're anything but that.  The only way out of this is herb immunity, one way or another.

Postponing shows is pointless, unless it's for the long term, because this virus isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.
    herb immunity.......now that is something I can get behind!   :D
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,203
    rey said:
    SJD3232 said:
    I'm fully vaxxed and boosted.  Vaxxing has proven to not be the answer; in the beginning, "breakthrough" cases were rare.  Now, we're seeing they're anything but that.  The only way out of this is herb immunity, one way or another.

fixed lol :dizzy:
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,251

This
    Simply not true. 
  • The dumbest ones are always the most obnoxious. Every. Single. Time.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,665
    rey said:
    SJD3232 said:

This weekend we rock Portland
  • AW124797 said:

This
    Look at Israel. Everybody is vaxxed, covid positive and already lined up for 4th shot/2nd booster. 
    Again,the point of the vaccine is to limit symptoms and keep people from being hospitalized or dead. Hospitals are over run, people can’t get the medical assistance they need in a quick fashion because ERs and hospitals are packed with morons who couldn’t take 10 minutes to get a shot. Enough is enough. The unvaccinated are the same people who can’t even wear a mask in the grocery store. I’ve had enough and I think things are going to get worse for the unvaccinated. No flying, no medical care, etc. and all the unvaccinated I know are all republicans. Shocking! It’s pathetic. Does being a republican mean you have to be a liar, selfish and clueless! All signs point to yes. Not sure why your political affiliation has any bearing on your decision to get a shot. Even the orange turd who told some crowd he was boosted, they booed him. Wtf? I wonder if watching the brains at Fox News has any bearing on that? Cmon people, do your small part, wear a mask, get vaccinated, avoid going out when sick. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,317
    AW124797 said:

This
    Again,the point of the vaccine is to limit symptoms and keep people from being hospitalized or dead. Hospitals are over run, people can’t get the medical assistance they need in a quick fashion because ERs and hospitals are packed with morons who couldn’t take 10 minutes to get a shot. Enough is enough. The unvaccinated are the same people who can’t even wear a mask in the grocery store. I’ve had enough and I think things are going to get worse for the unvaccinated. No flying, no medical care, etc. and all the unvaccinated I know are all republicans. Shocking! It’s pathetic. Does being a republican mean you have to be a liar, selfish and clueless! All signs point to yes. Not sure why your political affiliation has any bearing on your decision to get a shot. Even the orange turd who told some crowd he was boosted, they booed him. Wtf? I wonder if watching the brains at Fox News has any bearing on that? Cmon people, do your small part, wear a mask, get vaccinated, avoid going out when sick. 
    They watch too much Fox , you watch too much CNN. Same thing 
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    Shut it down lol
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,126
    AMT sucks. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    AW124797 said:

This
    Wrong. The point of the vaccine is to keep you immune. We wouldn't have this problem if the vaccines were actually safe and effective as they promised one year ago. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,317
    Noload said:
    Shut it down lol
    😁😁

This
    Simply not true. 
    Hell of a comeback. 
  • AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

This
    Wrong. The point of the vaccine is to keep you immune. We wouldn't have this problem if the vaccines were actually safe and effective as they promised one year ago. 
    They worked against original Covid.  Covid evolved.  I’m no expert but it seems to me we need evolved vaccines to match.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    edited January 2022
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

This
    They worked against original Covid.  Covid evolved.  I’m no expert but it seems to me we need evolved vaccines to match.  
    I'm no expert either, but this one clearly doesn't work and does nothing against the spread among the vaccinated.
    Post edited by AW124797 on
  • AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

This
    The vaccines are safe, don’t post misinformation. The vaccines were strong against original strain and delta but because we didn’t get enough people vaccinated we have more variants and it’s less strong vs omnicron. You want promises? You can’t people to wear a mask in the grocery store. Some People don’t care about others, it’s sad. I don’t want 1 more person to die, we could have stopped this. 
    edited January 2022
    THEBIBLEISTEN said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

This
    The vaccines are safe, don’t post misinformation. The vaccines were strong against original strain and delta but because we didn’t get enough people vaccinated we have more variants and it’s less strong vs omnicron. You want promises? You can’t people to wear a mask in the grocery store. Some People don’t care about others, it’s sad. I don’t want 1 more person to die, we could have stopped this. 
    Ok, I'll pass on promises, but I'll take vaccine injury liability instead. Deal?
    Post edited by AW124797 on
    AW124797 said:

This
    We should look at Israel. Over the last 10 days, severe cases only went from 77 to 110, which is a much smaller fraction of the overall increase in cases. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,521
    nicknyr15 said:
    AW124797 said:

This

I thought I was the only one who noticed that.   Both channels uses a similar delivery system of information (tiny bits of news, but lots of discussion and opinion peices).   CNN skews to the left, and Fox to the right.   They're both really hard to watch  (or maybe it's me as a Canadian watching from the outside).  I tend to agree more with what CNN says because that's where I lean, but it's just the leftist version of fox news (allthough I'll admit they probably do more fact checking).
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

This
    Efficacy of the vaccines was never 100%. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
    Zod said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    AW124797 said:

This

I thought I was the only one who noticed that.   Both channels uses a similar delivery system of information (tiny bits of news, but lots of discussion and opinion peices).   CNN skews to the left, and Fox to the right.   They're both really hard to watch  (or maybe it's me as a Canadian watching from the outside).  I tend to agree more with what CNN says because that's where I lean, but it's just the leftist version of fox news (allthough I'll admit they probably do more fact checking).
    If you find yourself agreeing with news then you’re probably not watching the news. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • uglybabo said:
    Omicron isn’t being shut down any time soon but it doesn’t mean it’s a smart decision to try to put on a tour during it. 
    Yeah, I mean people are going to be like I’m not feeling great but it’s Eddie so I’ll go anyway. In a way, having events can encourage bad decisions. 

I saw a few theatres in NYC are asking for full vaccination and a negative test. There’s a belief that broadway may be heading that way - not sure if it’s feasible on a large scale. 
    Full vaccination AND a negative test?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

This
    Efficacy of the vaccines was never 100%. 
    True, but efficacy of the vaccines in my family is at disappointing 0.0%. 
This discussion has been closed.