How long before Ed postpones his tour?

Comments

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,816
    Can't wait to see this thread when EV drops even more dates on top of these
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:
    The vaccines are very effective, I don't know where you're getting information. It prevents severe illness and death that's the most important aspect. It was far moreffective against initial infection but still is somewhat. And like natural immunity (which it also provides) it wanes over time. 
    The death rate for unvaccinated is about 3-4x as high as vaccinated. And it's completely safe to get. 
    How are the vaccines effective if we are breaking records right now? And it's just the beginning of the season. You can get that from any news outlet. As far as safety - CDC stopped recommending J&J vaccine last month according to our favorite CNN and Fox. 
    it’s a new variant. Do you do any research or listen to anyone that may have real information? We are also discussing Moderna and Pfizer. Very safe and very effective. I know 100s of people who got J&J, all got boosted and are all safe and healthy. Lots of people who had other vaccines and boosted and still got sick but it was minor like a cold. That’s the point. Ed should cancel all the shows or make it a vaccine clinic and you have to get boosted to get in the front door. 
    Looking at this Ed's clinic comment I think you might be one of these fellas that wears a double mask while walking a dog on a deserted beach or in the deep woods. 
    Also, pinky swear that you actually know 100s of people who got J&J and boosted? 
    Atleast I wear a mask and if I could go to beach right now and somehow adopt a dog I would be ecstatic. I actually know thousands TBH. Also can a beach be located in the deep woods? Hell of a comeback, you really stung me Karen. There is no coming back from your insult. I hope Ed cancels all his shows and blames the unvaccinated and republicans. Hahaha 
    Right. I think your booster is wearing off. Not republican nor unvaccinated, by the way.
    Nice comment. Classy. I just got my booster so I think I’m good. I’m actually doing my small part to make things better and safer. Whatever happens to the unvaccinated is their doing. They had time to do their small part. I wonder if republicans are worried about having less people to vote next election?  You would think with all their voter suppression that they would actually want to champion the vaccine? Strange strategy. Seems counter productive. 
  • AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:
    The vaccines are very effective, I don't know where you're getting information. It prevents severe illness and death that's the most important aspect. It was far moreffective against initial infection but still is somewhat. And like natural immunity (which it also provides) it wanes over time. 
    The death rate for unvaccinated is about 3-4x as high as vaccinated. And it's completely safe to get. 
    How are the vaccines effective if we are breaking records right now? And it's just the beginning of the season. You can get that from any news outlet. As far as safety - CDC stopped recommending J&J vaccine last month according to our favorite CNN and Fox. 
    it’s a new variant. Do you do any research or listen to anyone that may have real information? We are also discussing Moderna and Pfizer. Very safe and very effective. I know 100s of people who got J&J, all got boosted and are all safe and healthy. Lots of people who had other vaccines and boosted and still got sick but it was minor like a cold. That’s the point. Ed should cancel all the shows or make it a vaccine clinic and you have to get boosted to get in the front door. 
    Looking at this Ed's clinic comment I think you might be one of these fellas that wears a double mask while walking a dog on a deserted beach or in the deep woods. 
    Also, pinky swear that you actually know 100s of people who got J&J and boosted? 
    Atleast I wear a mask and if I could go to beach right now and somehow adopt a dog I would be ecstatic. I actually know thousands TBH. Also can a beach be located in the deep woods? Hell of a comeback, you really stung me Karen. There is no coming back from your insult. I hope Ed cancels all his shows and blames the unvaccinated and republicans. Hahaha 

Yes, in fact it can. 

Just trying to lighten the mood some.  :)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    That will be epic
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,521
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:
    The vaccines are very effective, I don't know where you're getting information. It prevents severe illness and death that's the most important aspect. It was far more effective against initial infection but still is somewhat. And like natural immunity (which it also provides) it wanes over time. 
    I don't think they work as good as we hoped.  IE make you invincible against covid and end the pandemic.

On the flip side they do help.  While you can still get Omicron and pass it around, the severity of covid for vaccinated individuals is far less than the unvaxxed.

It's more like a preventative cure, then it is a wipe out the virus vaccine like the measles vaccine kind of thing.
  • KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    That will be epic
    The only shows I could see being added to this leg of the tour are additional nights in existing cities or possibly adding a city along the way like Denver or Phoenix on Feb 13, or San Francisco or Portland on February 19. Even though Glen has 16 days off before his Swell Season shows start, he will need some rehearsal time and this Earthling tour leg seems to have been designed to end in Seattle. If a second leg is announced, they really only have from late March to late April or October onward to do it.

if the promoter is having doubts over this first leg happening in February, they may want to save April as a back up for it. Glen has a date in Ann Arbor on January 28, so Earthlings rehearsals would likely begin in 2 weeks from now. I would think that once rehearsals begin, they will have every intent to go ahead with February.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Should we argue about who was the best drummer? 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    Jack Irons.  He drummed on their two best albums, No Code and Yield.  Discussion has now ended on this topic.  ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,251
    mcgruff10 said:
    Jack Irons.  He drummed on their two best albums, No Code and Yield.  Discussion has now ended on this topic.  ;)
    Unless he’s one of those dirty unvaccinated people 🤔
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    In a way, everyone is unvaccinated for Omicron.
    Absolutely not true. Even with Omicron, viral load in vaxxed people is less than in unvaxxed, which means as contagious as Omicron is, vaxxed people are still transmitting it less and handling it way better than unvaxxed.  Unvaxxed can still land you in the ER/ICU with Omicron. Not vaxxed.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
    JH6056 said:
    In a way, everyone is unvaccinated for Omicron.
    Absolutely not true. Even with Omicron, viral load in vaxxed people is less than in unvaxxed, which means as contagious as Omicron is, vaxxed people are still transmitting it less and handling it way better than unvaxxed.  Unvaxxed can still land you in the ER/ICU with Omicron. Not vaxxed.
    This seems to be lost on some people. It’s almost like they don’t want to hear the truth. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:
    The vaccines are very effective, I don't know where you're getting information. It prevents severe illness and death that's the most important aspect. It was far more effective against initial infection but still is somewhat. And like natural immunity (which it also provides) it wanes over time. 
    How are the vaccines effective? What % of people in the ERs and ICUs are vaxxed? Less than 5% and mostly people with other underlying health conditions that made them much more vulnerable.  If 95+% of those getting hospitalized and dying are UNvaxxed, vaccines are working.

Omicron is setting records for NEW CASES, which includes vaxxed people with no symptoms who are testing and coming up positive, but otherwise no symptoms or mild symptoms. Maybe a few days of a bad flu, but not hospitalizations.

And it's spreading faster and easier, but being vaxxed is still absolutely key to not getting very sick or dying of covid.
    Zod said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:
    I don't think they work as good as we hoped.  IE make you invincible against covid and end the pandemic.

On the flip side they do help.  While you can still get Omicron and pass it around, the severity of covid for vaccinated individuals is far less than the unvaxxed.

It's more like a preventative cure, then it is a wipe out the virus vaccine like the measles vaccine kind of thing.
    Well, except that IF a much much higher % of people had gotten vaxxed in the US and worldwide when vaxxes were available, then variants have a far smaller chance to form.  But it's the large #s of unvaxxed people worldwide that make variants almost a certainty.

So because the original vaxxes DID seem to prevent catching the original few strains of Covid, in a way they DID work to prevent transmission, but then the virus continued spreading in unvaxxed people and keeps evolving so now boosters & still masking/social distancing are still needed.
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    Rinse, repeat..over and over
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Surprised that there is rumours of more EV shows. Ya they sold well for the ones he already has announced but 40 plus PJ shows has to be in order which without the solo shows would be a very busy year for him. Wonder if Boston will get some love. 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mcgruff10 said:
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I feel some of you want a cancellation because of FOMO.  Remember, it's just an EV show, there will be others. If you feel comfortable, go see EV play.  If you don't feel comfortable, sell your tickets and don't go see EV.  It's as simple as that. 
    Another person who obviously wants everyone dead!  Come on Mike..wheres your virtue? You better start giving us a signal that you care or we will assume you want to extinguish all EV/PJ fans and their elderly family members!
    just the ones with lower fan club numbers than me.  So anyone under 139XX I'm looking at you.  ;)
    135xx  :s
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,260
    PJNB said:
    Surprised that there is rumours of more EV shows. Ya they sold well for the ones he already has announced but 40 plus PJ shows has to be in order which without the solo shows would be a very busy year for him. Wonder if Boston will get some love. 

Too bad there's no EV Canadian solo dates. Wouldn't mind driving down to Boston & catch a show but damn the cases are skyrocketing. It's only time more & more harder restrictions will be laying down.
  • PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
    JH6056 said:
    Zod said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:

Well, except that IF a much much higher % of people had gotten vaxxed in the US and worldwide when vaxxes were available, then variants have a far smaller chance to form.  But it's the large #s of unvaxxed people worldwide that make variants almost a certainty.

So because the original vaxxes DID seem to prevent catching the original few strains of Covid, in a way they DID work to prevent transmission, but then the virus continued spreading in unvaxxed people and keeps evolving so now boosters & still masking/social distancing are still needed.
    I'm vaccinated - I got Covid the week of Christmas
    My wife - vaccinated - got Covid the week of Christmas
    In-laws not vaccinated (obese and one smokes) got Covid

You know what is consistent.... it lasts about 4-6 days and is a bad cold. This was consistent in all of us..

So, enough... stop telling people to get booster, stop telling people to wear a mask when the Lord and Savior Fauci openly said "they do not stop you from attracting Covid", get on with your life - stop allowing fear mongering people to poison you with their bullshit..

The common cold mutated probably a trillion times throughout our lives - Covid will continue to mutate... our immune systems have been exposed to it for two years now and we can handle it. My example of my personal life proves that whether you're vaccinated or not.

Move on. Live your life. Whatever you need to do to feel safe (vaccination or not) is your private choice.

Again, move on.
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    good luck 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • PJ5a1 said:
    JH6056 said:
    Zod said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:

You know what is consistent.... it lasts about 4-6 days and is a bad cold. This was consistent in all of us..

So, enough... stop telling people to get booster, stop telling people to wear a mask when the Lord and Savior Fauci openly said "they do not stop you from attracting Covid", get on with your life - stop allowing fear mongering people to poison you with their bullshit..

The common cold mutated probably a trillion times throughout our lives - Covid will continue to mutate... our immune systems have been exposed to it for two years now and we can handle it. My example of my personal life proves that whether you're vaccinated or not.

Move on. Live your life. Whatever you need to do to feel safe (vaccination or not) is your private choice.

Again, move on.
    100% agreed (should be a thread ender).  The flu virus always mutates.  That's why that vaccine (after decades) is only about 50% effective. 

We need to stop testing.  Stay home if you're sick.  Go out (triple masked and vax'd) if you want.  Get your booster every 4 to 6 months if you want.  And stop ripping others for not doing what you do, or for doing what you don't do.  

Play on Ed and Pearl Jam.  People should be responsible for THEIR health and they can make the decision to go or not go. 
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!

• Yes, in fact it can. 

wow. thats incredible. where is this place?
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,939

Yes, in fact it can. 

New Jersey. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Yes, in fact it can. 

Heaven if truly is does exist.

That a one of the lakes on the hike to Grinnell Glacier in the Many Glacier section of Glacier National Park in Montana. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 665
    PJ5a1 said:
    JH6056 said:
    Zod said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:

Again, move on.
    Very well said. Sad to see most people losing common sense when they live in constant fear. 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I feel some of you want a cancellation because of FOMO.  Remember, it's just an EV show, there will be others. If you feel comfortable, go see EV play.  If you don't feel comfortable, sell your tickets and don't go see EV.  It's as simple as that. 
    Another person who obviously wants everyone dead!  Come on Mike..wheres your virtue? You better start giving us a signal that you care or we will assume you want to extinguish all EV/PJ fans and their elderly family members!
    just the ones with lower fan club numbers than me.  So anyone under 139XX I'm looking at you.  ;)
    Wow, Scruffy, anything for a move up! Given this sentiment, perhaps @josevolution would be willing to reallocate his +1 to me! :rofl:
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    PJ5a1 said:
    JH6056 said:
    Zod said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:

Again, move on.
    100% agreed (should be a thread ender).  The flu virus always mutates.  That's why that vaccine (after decades) is only about 50% effective. 

We need to stop testing.  Stay home if you're sick.  Go out (triple masked and vax'd) if you want.  Get your booster every 4 to 6 months if you want.  And stop ripping others for not doing what you do, or for doing what you don't do.  

Play on Ed and Pearl Jam.  People should be responsible for THEIR health and they can make the decision to go or not go. 
    Only thing that should end is your participation in this thread. Seriously. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 665
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:
    Right. I think your booster is wearing off. Not republican nor unvaccinated, by the way.
    Nice comment. Classy. I just got my booster so I think I’m good. I’m actually doing my small part to make things better and safer. Whatever happens to the unvaccinated is their doing. They had time to do their small part. I wonder if republicans are worried about having less people to vote next election?  You would think with all their voter suppression that they would actually want to champion the vaccine? Strange strategy. Seems counter productive. 
    Classy? Sorry, I thought you mentioned "f*ck unvaccinated" yesterday morning. 
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,158
    I've never understood why wearing a mask, getting a vaccine, or erring on the side of caution means that someone is living in fear. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    mcgruff10 said:
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wow, Scruffy, anything for a move up! Given this sentiment, perhaps @josevolution would be willing to reallocate his +1 to me! :rofl:
    I'm already his +1!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Wishing Ed had some better material to tour behind. Not really impressed with what I have heard.

But I hope those lucky enough to be in attendance have a great time and the shows safely go on. 
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
This discussion has been closed.