How long before Ed postpones his tour?

Comments

• Did we solve corona yet?
    We actually did, people just didn’t get the vaccine or wear a mask. Could have been over. 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,951
    Did we solve corona yet?
    We actually did, people just didn’t get the vaccine or wear a mask. Could have been over. 
    Really just get the vaccine. A mask isn’t close to a substitute. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,317
    Did we solve corona yet?
    Non sense. You expect everyone in the entire world to get vaccinated and wear a mask? That was never going to happen. Here in NYC with the most harsh mandates and a high vaccination rate, we are setting records daily with infections. 
  • nicknyr15 said:
    Did we solve corona yet?
    Non sense. You expect everyone in the entire world to get vaccinated and wear a mask? That was never going to happen. Here in NYC with the most harsh mandates and a high vaccination rate, we are setting records daily with infections. 
    Based on what you've been saying recently, the vaxx rate in NY is BS what with all the doctors there taking cash to squirt the syringe in the trash. 
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    nicknyr15 said:
    Did we solve corona yet?
    But the mandates DID work when it was Delta and vaccines not only worked to prevent hospitalization, they worked to significantly reduce spread.  But because so many still did NOT vax and didn't mask, Omicron was able to evolve and now it's much more spreadable by even vaxxed people.

Vaccines STILL WORK, they still prevent hospitalization and death (which is kinda the most important point), but now with Omicron the spread is out of control and everyone has to... again... do a reset.

Meanwhile though, as people who choose to stay unvaxxed either die off or watch someone else die and then finally choose to vax, at some point in the next 6 months or so it's likely some strange steady state of this will present.  Who knows what it will require us to do on a daily basis, but the supply of unvaxxed people who perpetuate this madness IS dwindling. Slowly.

Postponing shows in light of all this isn't about fear. It's about responsibility to your public AND your own crew and band members. And it's honestly not any private pissed off individual's call to make, because as we've seen, a lot of pissed off people are NOT thinking in terms of the larger public interest. They're only thinking about themselves. Promoters, bands, crew, and venues have a LOT of people to consider, and they are right to consider it carefully. Not be absurd, but when there is a new problem (and Omicron is new in it's insane spreadability among even the vaxxed), then they have to pause and consider.
  • JH6056 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Did we solve corona yet?
    But the mandates DID work when it was Delta and vaccines not only worked to prevent hospitalization, they worked to significantly reduce spread.  But because so many still did NOT vax and didn't mask, Omicron was able to evolve and now it's much more spreadable by even vaxxed people.

Vaccines STILL WORK, they still prevent hospitalization and death (which is kinda the most important point), but now with Omicron the spread is out of control and everyone has to... again... do a reset.

Meanwhile though, as people who choose to stay unvaxxed either die off or watch someone else die and then finally choose to vax, at some point in the next 6 months or so it's likely some strange steady state of this will present.  Who knows what it will require us to do on a daily basis, but the supply of unvaxxed people who perpetuate this madness IS dwindling. Slowly.

Postponing shows in light of all this isn't about fear. It's about responsibility to your public AND your own crew and band members. And it's honestly not any private pissed off individual's call to make, because as we've seen, a lot of pissed off people are NOT thinking in terms of the larger public interest. They're only thinking about themselves. Promoters, bands, crew, and venues have a LOT of people to consider, and they are right to consider it carefully. Not be absurd, but when there is a new problem (and Omicron is new in it's insane spreadability among even the vaxxed), then they have to pause and consider.
    +1. Well said!!
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
    Touring during omicron won’t be possible. You’d have positives within the touring group everyday, just like we’re seeing in sports. Let’s just hope we get through this wave quickly. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    nicknyr15 said:
    Did we solve corona yet?
    Based on what you've been saying recently, the vaxx rate in NY is BS what with all the doctors there taking cash to squirt the syringe in the trash. 
    I agree. Plus the fake vaccine cards? But I’m not sure the fake cards actually register in any kind of data base. And the fake shots that do get entered in , I’m sure it’s a very small percent. So I maintain my stance 
  • nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Did we solve corona yet?
    I agree. Plus the fake vaccine cards? But I’m not sure the fake cards actually register in any kind of data base. And the fake shots that do get entered in , I’m sure it’s a very small percent. So I maintain my stance 
    Ok 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,126
    Glen Hansard has another tour scheduled for the middle of March. Not a large window to add more shows to the Ed tour. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Did we solve corona yet?
    Ok 
    You’re still hung up on what I said about that happening huh? 
    ComeToTX said:
    Touring during omicron won’t be possible. You’d have positives within the touring group everyday, just like we’re seeing in sports. Let’s just hope we get through this wave quickly. 
    Positives from asymptomatic vaccinated people. If someone’s symptomatic then they’d isolate. 

The nfl is just testing unvaccinated and symptomatic people. 
    JH6056 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Did we solve corona yet?

With Omicron being much weaker, it should be up to the individual to decide to go or not, and not Ed making the decision. 
  • nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Did we solve corona yet?
    Ok 
    Meh... last week (or whenever) you were suggesting it's happening more than people realize, (IIRC I think you said something about we don't know the lengths people will go to to avoid the mandates or something along those lines) and today you're referencing NYC's high vaccination rate. 

I thought it was a curious enough contradiction to point out, that's all. Truth be told I debated even posting it, that's how little I care about arguing here at this point. 

I don't have the answers to this mess, and I'm pretty sure no one else in this forum has the answers either. 

I'm burnt the fuck out. I hope omicron peaks quickly with little disruption and I get to see Tool in February and I hope everyone who wants to see Eddie & The Earthlings get their shows as well. 

That's where I'm at. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Did we solve corona yet?
    Ok 
    Meh... last week (or whenever) you were suggesting it's happening more than people realize, (IIRC I think you said something about we don't know the lengths people will go to to avoid the mandates or something along those lines) and today you're referencing NYC's high vaccination rate. 

I thought it was a curious enough contradiction to point out, that's all. Truth be told I debated even posting it, that's how little I care about arguing here at this point. 

I don't have the answers to this mess, and I'm pretty sure no one else in this forum has the answers either. 

I'm burnt the fuck out. I hope omicron peaks quickly with little disruption and I get to see Tool in February and I hope everyone who wants to see Eddie & The Earthlings get their shows as well. 

That's where I'm at. 
    That’s cool. I completely understand where you’re coming from, I’m with you. Especially your last paragraph! Hope you get to those Tool shows (me too) and have a happy new year ! 👍🏼👍🏼
  • nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Did we solve corona yet?
    Ok 

That's where I'm at. 
    That’s cool. I completely understand where you’re coming from, I’m with you. Especially your last paragraph! Hope you get to those Tool shows (me too) and have a happy new year ! 👍🏼👍🏼
    Happy New Year to you too & everyone else here as well. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,939
    JH6056 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Did we solve corona yet?

With Omicron being much weaker, it should be up to the individual to decide to go or not, and not Ed making the decision. 

Certainly individuals should make their own decisions to go or not go IF there is a show, but the decision on whether there will be a show 100% belongs to Ed. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    JH6056 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Did we solve corona yet?

Certainly individuals should make their own decisions to go or not go IF there is a show, but the decision on whether there will be a show 100% belongs to Ed. 
    Obviously. I guess I’m speaking to the readers who think they should be postponed. 
  • No way there is a tour. It will be canceled shortly im sure. It’s just common sense. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    edited December 2021
    Common sense is moving forward. If this is cancelled and most other events for that matter, there will be no end to covid making headlines and dictating the rest of our lives.

Everyone is going to packed grocery stores and holiday events still, so why not a concert? I will be enjoying a nice NYE concert this evening. Happy new year everyone!  
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,939
    2021 was better than 2020.  I believe 2022 will be better than 2021.  There’s a path forward, but it’s not as simple as flipping a switch and turning everything back on at once.  It’s like turning a battleship. It’s going to take time. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Common sense is moving forward. If this is cancelled and most other events for that matter, there will be no end to covid making headlines and dictating the rest of our lives.

Everyone is going to packed grocery stores and holiday events still, so why not a concert? I will be enjoying a nice NYE concert this evening. Happy new year everyone!  
    NHL canceled, flights canceled, shows canceled, it’s inevitable. No shows for Ed. It’s common sense to make safety a priority. He can always reschedule. Whatever we are doing now isn’t working. I hope I’m wrong but shits getting worse.
    Common sense is moving forward. If this is cancelled and most other events for that matter, there will be no end to covid making headlines and dictating the rest of our lives.

NHL canceled, flights canceled, shows canceled, it’s inevitable. No shows for Ed. It’s common sense to make safety a priority. He can always reschedule. Whatever we are doing now isn’t working. I hope I’m wrong but shits getting worse.
    If someone wants to make safety the top priority, then common sense says make it vaccinated only. 
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    Omicron is already out there widespread. Largest county in GA estimates 1 in 3 have it now. Testing is a non factor now as is tracing.  Isreal is administering their 4th shot already.  Its not going to stop. Agree vax is best but this is going to cycle through and if it continues to be mild, may be the best thing. No one knows but I hope our country remains open and private parties can set their rules. 
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
    Noload said:
    Omicron is already out there widespread. Largest county in GA estimates 1 in 3 have it now. Testing is a non factor now as is tracing.  Isreal is administering their 4th shot already.  Its not going to stop. Agree vax is best but this is going to cycle through and if it continues to be mild, may be the best thing. No one knows but I hope our country remains open and private parties can set their rules. 
    Nationally it’ll peak in about two weeks, and will essentially stop soon after. 
    Noload said:
    Nationally it’ll peak in about two weeks, and will essentially stop soon after. 
    Agreed.  If Faucci is saying end of Jan that probably means mid Jan as they play it safe predicting. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited December 2021
    You would have to think if the cities he is playing do not impose restrictions at the time of the shows they are going to actually happen. Obviously if restrictions are put in place he will not play. I do not see him pulling out otherwise. Also rescheduling these will be a huge pain in the ass I would bet with the talent he has grouped together. 
  • Common sense is moving forward. If this is cancelled and most other events for that matter, there will be no end to covid making headlines and dictating the rest of our lives.

Agree with you 100% but good luck trying to talk some sense into the majority of people on this forum.  Happy New Year!
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!

Agree with you 100% but good luck trying to talk some sense into the majority of people on this forum.  Happy New Year!
    You guys obviously want people to die. We kid out of love. Happy New Year to all of wide ranging opinionated PJ fans. Lets play some music in 22!
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    its odd how so many people for years go out with the threat of getting a cold/flue from someone, but now its full panic. They even count daily cases. Wow. And before you start telling me how the flue doesn't kill as many people as covid, I'm talking about omicron. Because that's what it is. So why would anyone cancel anything? I know why, cause people watch the news and have no ability to connect the dots and see this is all a game. The media vrs the sheep who have no ability to see the bs they tell us everyday and keep you hiding in your house. Wake up. FWIW, I am triple vaxed and had the actual covid in 2020, it sucked.
This discussion has been closed.