How long before Ed postpones his tour?

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,393
    If my wife and I aren’t comfortable with going then we will just sell our tickets.  But I don’t think ev should cancel. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,951
    IBTL.

Isn’t Boom The Loveliest. 
    pjhawks said:
    There is zero reason to cancel shows because of the Omicron variant if everyone is vaccinated and you require vaccinations for attendance.  The point of vaccinations was to mitigate the horrible results of COVID and to allow us to return to some normalcy.   Vaccinated people are barely affected by this new variant.  Yes I know they can pass it on to others but even if pass it on to other vaccinated people those vaccinated people will barely be affected.   No reason to consider cancelling at this point in my opinion as long as you require everyone to be vaccinated.  Let's stop treating the omicron variant like it's COVID in 2020 and no one was vaccinated and we barely had effective treatments.
    +2
    DEGBTI said:
    for gods sake, if your not comfortable don't go. How hard is that. This is life now, deal with it. Enough of the world is coming to an end crap. Its a fricken virus that's hear to stay. It will be here in feb, march and so on. Adjust accordingly and move on. So over this crap, its not 2020. Those who want to be vaxed have and those who don't wont. So hear we are. Arguing is pointless at this point. Living life like this is now the way its going to be so lets just do it!
    I feel like this should’ve been in all caps. 
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    Ontario, which had previously cut concert and sports to 50% capacity, announced this afternoon that it will remain at 50% but now to a max of 1000. And if you’re not symptomatic or high risk you can no longer get a free PCR test; basically if you’re symptomatic act as if it’s COVID. 

Locally we have some concerts here next month at the Scotiabank Arena that are sure to be cancelled in the upcoming days.  

I understand that if you’re double or tripled vaccinated you’re ready to move on but if the hospitals get overrun in the next few weeks/months then it will affect all of us.  
  • edited December 2021
    No cancellation incoming. Expect more dates. No Canada 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    Oh yeah! 
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    More EV correct?
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,261

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,393
    Hells yes!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Noload said:
    More EV correct?
    Correct.
    Noload said:
    More EV correct?
    Correct.
    Awesome, thanks...before or after PJ dates?  Have to ask :)
  • Get down south EV!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    uglybabo said:
    Ontario, which had previously cut concert and sports to 50% capacity, announced this afternoon that it will remain at 50% but now to a max of 1000. And if you’re not symptomatic or high risk you can no longer get a free PCR test; basically if you’re symptomatic act as if it’s COVID. 

Locally we have some concerts here next month at the Scotiabank Arena that are sure to be cancelled in the upcoming days.  

I understand that if you’re double or tripled vaccinated you’re ready to move on but if the hospitals get overrun in the next few weeks/months then it will affect all of us.  
    At least here in the US the only people being hospitalized are the unvaccinated.  All reports are the vaccinated are only showing very mild symptoms.  Maybe it's different north of the border but the idea of shutting down in the US at this point makes no sense.  
    edited December 2021
    pjhawks said:
    uglybabo said:

At least here in the US the only people being hospitalized are the unvaccinated.  All reports are the vaccinated are only showing very mild symptoms.  Maybe it's different north of the border but the idea of shutting down in the US at this point makes no sense.  

https://globalnews.ca/news/8479938/ontario-covid-cases-december-30-coronavirus/?utm_source=NewsletterNational&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=2021

‘Ontario Health officials have recently said intensive care occupancy can hit between 250 or 300 patients with COVID before the health care system would be impacted and require ramping down some non-urgent surgeries and procedures.

For those in general hospital wards with COVID, 182 were unvaccinated, 24 were partially vaccinated and 399 were fully vaccinated.’

Here in Ontario we have way fewer ICU spaces than in the US, which may be why we are extra cautious. 

For serious hospitalization (requiring ICU) the majority are unvaccinated, but at over 90% vaxed, the hospitalized cases among the vaccinated are rising too. Of course we didn’t have boosters available to the general public till a few weeks ago. 

Post edited by uglybabo on
    I read above that you’re referring to the Ed solo dates, but any hint of Canada getting dropped from the Gigaton tour?
  • No cancellation incoming. Expect more dates. No Canada 
    Welcome back to your rightful place in this thread! Please, do tell more...
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • uglybabo said:
    I read above that you’re referring to the Ed solo dates, but any hint of Canada getting dropped from the Gigaton tour?
    Canada not getting dropped as of now. 
    uglybabo said:
    Thanks, hopefully stays that way. Obviously hopeful that this is just a month or two long surge for reasons beyond concerts and such.

I could understand concerts and sports not wanting to deal with the uncertainties of the different restrictions and just avoiding Canada for the next while even if the cases become more manageable.
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,835
    uglybabo said:
    This is also good news concerning the 2020 reschedule announcement.  Sounds like that’s still on tap for early 2022. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,816
    edited December 2021
    D-Rod said:
    uglybabo said:
    This is also good news concerning the 2020 reschedule announcement.  Sounds like that’s still on tap for early 2022. 
    Or in November along with MSG and the East Coast

EV February shows will be a 100% go
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Bless you kind sir!!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • At this point we’re counting common colds with these case count numbers. Let’s ride these next few weeks out and enter the endemic phase like champs
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    pjhawks said:
    There is zero reason to cancel shows because of the Omicron variant if everyone is vaccinated and you require vaccinations for attendance.  The point of vaccinations was to mitigate the horrible results of COVID and to allow us to return to some normalcy.   Vaccinated people are barely affected by this new variant.  Yes I know they can pass it on to others but even if pass it on to other vaccinated people those vaccinated people will barely be affected.   No reason to consider cancelling at this point in my opinion as long as you require everyone to be vaccinated.  Let's stop treating the omicron variant like it's COVID in 2020 and no one was vaccinated and we barely had effective treatments.
    Your post misses a KEY point in the original meaning of "vaccination proof required".  Up until Omicron (so from Delta and before), if you gave proof of vaccination, breakthrough cases were very much still the exception.  So it was a reasonable assumption that an indoor venue full of people who showed proof of vaccination meant there was a very slim chance of anyone actually being breakthrough and then you standing right next to them.  I got in quite a few indoor shows (I think 7) between starting to go to shows again in August and now. And even the vaxxed shows I wore my mask and it was all good.

Omicron, obviously, is different.  People who are vaxxed and even boosted are getting it.  Some of the MOST careful, cautious, "I won't even socialize outdoors until I know the vaxxes work" people we know are not positive for Covid.  Omicron spreads like nobody's difference.

WHICH, for people who have immuno-compromised people at home, or kids under 12 at home, CHANGES THE CALCULATION OF RISK.  It is VERY possible to go to an indoor show, sit/stand in 1 place for at least 90 min (usually more if there's a support act), and then walk out having picked up Omicron. Esp if you don't have a KN95 or N95 mask.

So you can't talk about indoor shows under Omicron as if nothing has changed in the actual transmission calculation when everyone is vaxxed, because it's absolutely changed.  Some states and even a couple of other countries are only NOW, under Omicron, breaking their previous records of #s of new cases in a day.  SURE most people who were vaxxed are having minimal symptoms.  But let me scream this for the people in the back: IF YOU LIVE WITH OR ARE AROUND OLD PEOPLE, IMMUNO-COMPROMISED PEOPLE, OR CHILDREN UNDER 12, YOU DO **NOT** WANT TO BE POSITIVE FOR COVID & POSSIBLY PASS IT ON!!!

It changes things and it's good that bands and promoters are offering refunds or rescheduling.
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    DEGBTI said:
    for gods sake, if your not comfortable don't go. How hard is that. This is life now, deal with it. Enough of the world is coming to an end crap. Its a fricken virus that's hear to stay. It will be here in feb, march and so on. Adjust accordingly and move on. So over this crap, its not 2020. Those who want to be vaxed have and those who don't wont. So hear we are. Arguing is pointless at this point. Living life like this is now the way its going to be so lets just do it!
    What you say is great for individual ticket holders.

What you say does NOT work for those responsible for holding the events and playing/working the tours.  It is more than an individual decision, it's a whole universe of people affected.  

So sure, you do you, go or don't go based on your comfort.  Promoters, bands, and venues though, have to think much bigger.  I'm not saying the answer will always be "Cancel" or "Postpone", but the responsibility is far greater and affects far more people so not at all as basic as "go if you're comfortable, don't go if you're not."
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Did we solve corona yet?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    JH6056 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Your post misses a KEY point in the original meaning of "vaccination proof required".  Up until Omicron (so from Delta and before), if you gave proof of vaccination, breakthrough cases were very much still the exception.  So it was a reasonable assumption that an indoor venue full of people who showed proof of vaccination meant there was a very slim chance of anyone actually being breakthrough and then you standing right next to them.  I got in quite a few indoor shows (I think 7) between starting to go to shows again in August and now. And even the vaxxed shows I wore my mask and it was all good.

Omicron, obviously, is different.  People who are vaxxed and even boosted are getting it.  Some of the MOST careful, cautious, "I won't even socialize outdoors until I know the vaxxes work" people we know are not positive for Covid.  Omicron spreads like nobody's difference.

WHICH, for people who have immuno-compromised people at home, or kids under 12 at home, CHANGES THE CALCULATION OF RISK.  It is VERY possible to go to an indoor show, sit/stand in 1 place for at least 90 min (usually more if there's a support act), and then walk out having picked up Omicron. Esp if you don't have a KN95 or N95 mask.

So you can't talk about indoor shows under Omicron as if nothing has changed in the actual transmission calculation when everyone is vaxxed, because it's absolutely changed.  Some states and even a couple of other countries are only NOW, under Omicron, breaking their previous records of #s of new cases in a day.  SURE most people who were vaxxed are having minimal symptoms.  But let me scream this for the people in the back: IF YOU LIVE WITH OR ARE AROUND OLD PEOPLE, IMMUNO-COMPROMISED PEOPLE, OR CHILDREN UNDER 12, YOU DO **NOT** WANT TO BE POSITIVE FOR COVID & POSSIBLY PASS IT ON!!!

It changes things and it's good that bands and promoters are offering refunds or rescheduling.
    With vaccines if this is still the standard then life as we know it is over.  We will never go out in public again.  Vaccines work.  Its proven by the numbers but fear sells 
    pjhawks said:
    JH6056 said:
    pjhawks said:

With vaccines if this is still the standard then life as we know it is over.  We will never go out in public again.  Vaccines work.  Its proven by the numbers but fear sells 
    Yeah but if one person has the potential to make another person sick we must, in the name of safety safety safety safety safety safety safety, take a pause,  take 15 days to slow the spread, wait for effective vaccines, postpone, temporarily suspend, cancel...life. Bring on the shows before I'm so old I can't attend, not because of the fear but because I can't stay up that late!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Noload said:
    pjhawks said:
    JH6056 said:
    pjhawks said:

Yeah but if one person has the potential to make another person sick we must, in the name of safety safety safety safety safety safety safety, take a pause,  take 15 days to slow the spread, wait for effective vaccines, postpone, temporarily suspend, cancel...life. Bring on the shows before I'm so old I can't attend, not because of the fear but because I can't stay up that late!
    Staying up late is definitely a challenge lately! lol
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    Did we solve corona yet?

Not yet, but I believe everything we need to solve it is contained in these forums.  Step aside Fauci...make room for the 10C!
This discussion has been closed.