How long before Ed postpones his tour?

15678911»

Comments

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,617
    3days said:
    I've never understood why wearing a mask, getting a vaccine, or erring on the side of caution means that someone is living in fear. 
    The real answer to that would depress the hell outta you.
    Btw, y'all - MSG Entertainment is holding a meeting today re: events for the next few months. The Beacon is owned by MSG.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Go Animal said:
    3days said:
    I've never understood why wearing a mask, getting a vaccine, or erring on the side of caution means that someone is living in fear. 
    Btw, y'all - MSG Entertainment is holding a meeting today re: events for the next few months. The Beacon is owned by MSG.
    That’s good info.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    Go Animal said:
    3days said:
    That’s good info.
    You probably have the Cron, have already had the Cron, or will get the Cron soon.  We peak in 2 weeks.  Early Feb is good...leave the dates alone!
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966

I'm vaccinated - I got Covid the week of Christmas
    My wife - vaccinated - got Covid the week of Christmas
    In-laws not vaccinated (obese and one smokes) got Covid

You know what is consistent.... it lasts about 4-6 days and is a bad cold. This was consistent in all of us..

So, enough... stop telling people to get booster, stop telling people to wear a mask when the Lord and Savior Fauci openly said "they do not stop you from attracting Covid", get on with your life - stop allowing fear mongering people to poison you with their bullshit..

The common cold mutated probably a trillion times throughout our lives - Covid will continue to mutate... our immune systems have been exposed to it for two years now and we can handle it. My example of my personal life proves that whether you're vaccinated or not.

Move on. Live your life. Whatever you need to do to feel safe (vaccination or not) is your private choice.

Again, move on.
    said perfectly, thank you!
  • KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    I have no idea if these dates go ahead in February or not, but we all need to look at this strictly from a business standpoint. It has nothing to do with audiences being too scared to attend or Vedder being too concerned over whether someone catches covid at his show.

The promoter already has our money and their goal is to keep as much of that money as they can. They know that if they postpone, there will be some people requesting refunds, but that they can easily sell them again. It all boils down to a risk assessment on what allows them to keep as much of our money as they can. The general feeling is that Omicron will peak anywhere from mid January into February. No one knows what variant then comes along, but come April, it probably will be better than it is now.

There will be some costs to the promoter if they postpone, but less than starting up a tour that ends up grinding to a halt due to crew or band members testing positive. Sure, there are tour already happening right now, but once started, you just keep going until something stops you. Starting up with uncertainty if you can complete what you started is a different matter. The promoter may feel February is too risky for the safety of the money they got from us.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,951
    PJ5a1 said:
    JH6056 said:
    Zod said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:
    The vaccines are very effective, I don't know where you're getting information. It prevents severe illness and death that's the most important aspect. It was far more effective against initial infection but still is somewhat. And like natural immunity (which it also provides) it wanes over time. 
    The death rate for unvaccinated is about 3-4x as high as vaccinated. And it's completely safe to get. 
    How are the vaccines effective if we are breaking records right now? And it's just the beginning of the season. You can get that from any news outlet. As far as safety - CDC stopped recommending J&J vaccine last month according to our favorite CNN and Fox. 
    I don't think they work as good as we hoped.  IE make you invincible against covid and end the pandemic.

On the flip side they do help.  While you can still get Omicron and pass it around, the severity of covid for vaccinated individuals is far less than the unvaxxed.

It's more like a preventative cure, then it is a wipe out the virus vaccine like the measles vaccine kind of thing.
    Well, except that IF a much much higher % of people had gotten vaxxed in the US and worldwide when vaxxes were available, then variants have a far smaller chance to form.  But it's the large #s of unvaxxed people worldwide that make variants almost a certainty.

So because the original vaxxes DID seem to prevent catching the original few strains of Covid, in a way they DID work to prevent transmission, but then the virus continued spreading in unvaxxed people and keeps evolving so now boosters & still masking/social distancing are still needed.

You know what is consistent.... it lasts about 4-6 days and is a bad cold. This was consistent in all of us..

So, enough... stop telling people to get booster, stop telling people to wear a mask when the Lord and Savior Fauci openly said "they do not stop you from attracting Covid", get on with your life - stop allowing fear mongering people to poison you with their bullshit..

The common cold mutated probably a trillion times throughout our lives - Covid will continue to mutate... our immune systems have been exposed to it for two years now and we can handle it. My example of my personal life proves that whether you're vaccinated or not.

Move on. Live your life. Whatever you need to do to feel safe (vaccination or not) is your private choice.

Again, move on.

One thing that's surprised me out of all of this is how much weight people give to personal anecdotal experience over scientific research. A sample size of 4 is better than a sample size of millions.
  • PJ5a1 said:
    JH6056 said:
    Zod said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:
    The vaccines are very effective, I don't know where you're getting information. It prevents severe illness and death that's the most important aspect. It was far more effective against initial infection but still is somewhat. And like natural immunity (which it also provides) it wanes over time. 
    The death rate for unvaccinated is about 3-4x as high as vaccinated. And it's completely safe to get. 
    How are the vaccines effective if we are breaking records right now? And it's just the beginning of the season. You can get that from any news outlet. As far as safety - CDC stopped recommending J&J vaccine last month according to our favorite CNN and Fox. 
    I don't think they work as good as we hoped.  IE make you invincible against covid and end the pandemic.

On the flip side they do help.  While you can still get Omicron and pass it around, the severity of covid for vaccinated individuals is far less than the unvaxxed.

It's more like a preventative cure, then it is a wipe out the virus vaccine like the measles vaccine kind of thing.
    Well, except that IF a much much higher % of people had gotten vaxxed in the US and worldwide when vaxxes were available, then variants have a far smaller chance to form.  But it's the large #s of unvaxxed people worldwide that make variants almost a certainty.

So because the original vaxxes DID seem to prevent catching the original few strains of Covid, in a way they DID work to prevent transmission, but then the virus continued spreading in unvaxxed people and keeps evolving so now boosters & still masking/social distancing are still needed.

Again, move on.
    800,000 dead from Covid. And your comment is to move on. Good stuff
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966

Again, move on.
    correct, time to move on, thanks for reiterating the posters point 
  • huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 888
    edited January 2022
    PJ5a1 said:
    JH6056 said:
    Zod said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:

Again, move on.
    Just numbers to roll around-no political motivation here....from the WHO -which, depending on your political bent, either makes this gospel or the work of Satan
    56 million people died last year
    9 million heart disease
    6 million stroke
    3 million COPD
    3 million respiratory infections (is COVID lumped in with this group?)
    2 million neonatal conditions
    2 million lung cancers
    2 million Alzheimer's and similar 
    1.5 million diarrhoeal diseases
    1.5 million diabetes
    1.5 kidney diseases
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,617
    PJ5a1 said:
    JH6056 said:
    Zod said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:

Again, move on.
    Just numbers to roll around-no political motivation here....from the WHO -which, depending on your political bent, either makes this gospel or the work of Satan
    9 million heart disease
    6 million stroke
    3 million COPD
    2 million lung cancers
    1.5 million diabetes
    1.5 kidney diseases
    So, you're saying if we have the chance to save lives, don't take it (because there are so many other ways to die). Got it.
    @Sea, I think we're officially derailed over here.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    PJ5a1 said:
    JH6056 said:
    Zod said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:

Again, move on.
    I think at this point we should take some precautions (get vaccinated, keep washing hands,) but please don't cancel events or shut anything down.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    JH6056 said:
    Zod said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:

Again, move on.
    I think at this point we should take some precautions (get vaccinated, keep washing hands,) but please don't cancel events or shut anything down.  
    That’s really the only logical thing to do right now. Canceling a concert is not going to save lives or stop the spread of Covid. We’re past that now. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Go Animal said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    JH6056 said:
    Zod said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:

Again, move on.
    9 million heart disease
    6 million stroke
    3 million COPD
    2 million lung cancers
    1.5 million diabetes
    1.5 kidney diseases
    So, you're saying if we have the chance to save lives, don't take it (because there are so many other ways to die). Got it.
    @Sea, I think we're officially derailed over here.
    If that is what I was saying I would have said that...actually just trying to provide perspective-everyone seems to love numbers when they support their position and loathe them if they don't march lock step with their beliefs.  I do agree with you when you ask @Sea to right the ship.....
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    KL159781 said:
    I have no idea if these dates go ahead in February or not, but we all need to look at this strictly from a business standpoint. It has nothing to do with audiences being too scared to attend or Vedder being too concerned over whether someone catches covid at his show.

The promoter already has our money and their goal is to keep as much of that money as they can. They know that if they postpone, there will be some people requesting refunds, but that they can easily sell them again. It all boils down to a risk assessment on what allows them to keep as much of our money as they can. The general feeling is that Omicron will peak anywhere from mid January into February. No one knows what variant then comes along, but come April, it probably will be better than it is now.

There will be some costs to the promoter if they postpone, but less than starting up a tour that ends up grinding to a halt due to crew or band members testing positive. Sure, there are tour already happening right now, but once started, you just keep going until something stops you. Starting up with uncertainty if you can complete what you started is a different matter. The promoter may feel February is too risky for the safety of the money they got from us.
    Bingo - with corporations it’s always about profits. With politicians it’s about reelection. Both come in to play here. 

Feelings do not make business decisions.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,010
    This thread is done.
This discussion has been closed.