How long before Ed postpones his tour?

Comments

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,951
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    At this point, it seems to be:

You have vaccine availability. If you don't get vaccinated and follow the guidelines...if you end up in the ICU, too fuckin' bad. You've been warned that the vast majority of ICU patients are unvaccinated and you chose to ignore the warnings. Blame yourself.
    Sucks to be someone who needs the ICU spot for something that has nothing to do with Covid?
    This
    Yeah.  I actually am growing weary of the unvaccinated and am tempted to say "to hell with them" but there so many other ripple effects to doing this.
    I’ll say it then, fu*k the unvaccinated. They have had more than enough to get their shot. They are selfish and causing this pandemic to spiral. There, I said it. 
    Look at Israel. Everybody is vaxxed, covid positive and already lined up for 4th shot/2nd booster. 
    Again,the point of the vaccine is to limit symptoms and keep people from being hospitalized or dead. Hospitals are over run, people can’t get the medical assistance they need in a quick fashion because ERs and hospitals are packed with morons who couldn’t take 10 minutes to get a shot. Enough is enough. The unvaccinated are the same people who can’t even wear a mask in the grocery store. I’ve had enough and I think things are going to get worse for the unvaccinated. No flying, no medical care, etc. and all the unvaccinated I know are all republicans. Shocking! It’s pathetic. Does being a republican mean you have to be a liar, selfish and clueless! All signs point to yes. Not sure why your political affiliation has any bearing on your decision to get a shot. Even the orange turd who told some crowd he was boosted, they booed him. Wtf? I wonder if watching the brains at Fox News has any bearing on that? Cmon people, do your small part, wear a mask, get vaccinated, avoid going out when sick. 
    Wrong. The point of the vaccine is to keep you immune. We wouldn't have this problem if the vaccines were actually safe and effective as they promised one year ago. 
    Efficacy of the vaccines was never 100%. 
    True, but efficacy of the vaccines in my family is at disappointing 0.0%. 
    And close to 100% for my family and friends. I know one person back in the Midwest who’s gotten sick with it in the last couple months. Point is to look at the population as a whole when we’re assessing risk. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,126
    Drive-By Truckers postponing shows scheduled for mid-January. 

https://www.jambase.com/article/drive-by-truckers-heathens-homecoming-residency-postpone-covid-19

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • estarr31estarr31 Posts: 575
    The vaccines are very effective, I don't know where you're getting information. It prevents severe illness and death that's the most important aspect. It was far more effective against initial infection but still is somewhat. And like natural immunity (which it also provides) it wanes over time. 
    The death rate for unvaccinated is about 3-4x as high as vaccinated. And it's completely safe to get. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
    estarr31 said:
    The vaccines are very effective, I don't know where you're getting information. It prevents severe illness and death that's the most important aspect. It was far more effective against initial infection but still is somewhat. And like natural immunity (which it also provides) it wanes over time. 
    The death rate for unvaccinated is about 3-4x as high as vaccinated. And it's completely safe to get. 
    The death rate for unvaccinated is much higher than that. 14x as of late Nov
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 665
    estarr31 said:
    How are the vaccines effective if we are breaking records right now? And it's just the beginning of the season. You can get that from any news outlet. As far as safety - CDC stopped recommending J&J vaccine last month according to our favorite CNN and Fox. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:
    How are the vaccines effective if we are breaking records right now? And it's just the beginning of the season. You can get that from any news outlet. As far as safety - CDC stopped recommending J&J vaccine last month according to our favorite CNN and Fox. 
    I think they stated that.

They are effective at preventing serious illness, hospitalization and death. That is a fact.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,939

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    J&J is not being recommended due to blood clotting, not effectiveness. Just sayin
  • AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    At this point, it seems to be:

You have vaccine availability. If you don't get vaccinated and follow the guidelines...if you end up in the ICU, too fuckin' bad. You've been warned that the vast majority of ICU patients are unvaccinated and you chose to ignore the warnings. Blame yourself.
    Sucks to be someone who needs the ICU spot for something that has nothing to do with Covid?
    This
    Yeah.  I actually am growing weary of the unvaccinated and am tempted to say "to hell with them" but there so many other ripple effects to doing this.
    I’ll say it then, fu*k the unvaccinated. They have had more than enough to get their shot. They are selfish and causing this pandemic to spiral. There, I said it. 
    Look at Israel. Everybody is vaxxed, covid positive and already lined up for 4th shot/2nd booster. 
    Again,the point of the vaccine is to limit symptoms and keep people from being hospitalized or dead. Hospitals are over run, people can’t get the medical assistance they need in a quick fashion because ERs and hospitals are packed with morons who couldn’t take 10 minutes to get a shot. Enough is enough. The unvaccinated are the same people who can’t even wear a mask in the grocery store. I’ve had enough and I think things are going to get worse for the unvaccinated. No flying, no medical care, etc. and all the unvaccinated I know are all republicans. Shocking! It’s pathetic. Does being a republican mean you have to be a liar, selfish and clueless! All signs point to yes. Not sure why your political affiliation has any bearing on your decision to get a shot. Even the orange turd who told some crowd he was boosted, they booed him. Wtf? I wonder if watching the brains at Fox News has any bearing on that? Cmon people, do your small part, wear a mask, get vaccinated, avoid going out when sick. 
    Wrong. The point of the vaccine is to keep you immune. We wouldn't have this problem if the vaccines were actually safe and effective as they promised one year ago. 
    Efficacy of the vaccines was never 100%. 
    True, but efficacy of the vaccines in my family is at disappointing 0.0%. 
    And close to 100% for my family and friends. I know one person back in the Midwest who’s gotten sick with it in the last couple months. Point is to look at the population as a whole when we’re assessing risk. 
    100% of my family as well. All vaccinated. 
    mfc2006 said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:

They are effective at preventing serious illness, hospitalization and death. That is a fact.

This comment has probably been said 25 times in this thread, but every 7th comment is saying they aren't effective. It's so frustrating.
    DEGBTI said:
    J&J is not being recommended due to blood clotting, not effectiveness. Just sayin

It's also not an mRNA vaccine like Pfizer and Moderna.
  • AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:
    The vaccines are very effective, I don't know where you're getting information. It prevents severe illness and death that's the most important aspect. It was far moreffective against initial infection but still is somewhat. And like natural immunity (which it also provides) it wanes over time. 
    it’s a new variant. Do you do any research or listen to anyone that may have real information? We are also discussing Moderna and Pfizer. Very safe and very effective. I know 100s of people who got J&J, all got boosted and are all safe and healthy. Lots of people who had other vaccines and boosted and still got sick but it was minor like a cold. That’s the point. Ed should cancel all the shows or make it a vaccine clinic and you have to get boosted to get in the front door. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:
    The vaccines are very effective, I don't know where you're getting information. It prevents severe illness and death that's the most important aspect. It was far moreffective against initial infection but still is somewhat. And like natural immunity (which it also provides) it wanes over time. 
    it’s a new variant. Do you do any research or listen to anyone that may have real information? We are also discussing Moderna and Pfizer. Very safe and very effective. I know 100s of people who got J&J, all got boosted and are all safe and healthy. Lots of people who had other vaccines and boosted and still got sick but it was minor like a cold. That’s the point. Ed should cancel all the shows or make it a vaccine clinic and you have to get boosted to get in the front door. 
    You seem to be very outspoken about Ed cancelling the shows.  You can try to will it into existence, but like the rest of us, you're going to have to be patient and see where the chips fall.  For every person begging for cancellations, there is another person wanting the shows to continue that feels it can be done safely and responsibly with the current measures in place.  One thing is for sure.  Ed does not give one damn what you or I say about how he should handle his tour, nor should he.
    A booster shot to gain entry.  That is a new one. 

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,939
    This thread would be much better if 3 or 4 people would head to AMT to continue the conversation. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    mfc2006 said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:

This comment has probably been said 25 times in this thread, but every 7th comment is saying they aren't effective. It's so frustrating.
    Yup, it sure is.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:
    Looking at this Ed's clinic comment I think you might be one of these fellas that wears a double mask while walking a dog on a deserted beach or in the deep woods. 
    Also, pinky swear that you actually know 100s of people who got J&J and boosted? 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,317
    on2legs said:
    This thread would be much better if 3 or 4 people would head to AMT to continue the conversation. 
    Agreed. And it’s sooooooo much fun there too. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,393
    I feel some of you want a cancellation because of FOMO.  Remember, it's just an EV show, there will be others. If you feel comfortable, go see EV play.  If you don't feel comfortable, sell your tickets and don't go see EV.  It's as simple as that. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    mcgruff10 said:
    I feel some of you want a cancellation because of FOMO.  Remember, it's just an EV show, there will be others. If you feel comfortable, go see EV play.  If you don't feel comfortable, sell your tickets and don't go see EV.  It's as simple as that. 
    Another person who obviously wants everyone dead!  Come on Mike..wheres your virtue? You better start giving us a signal that you care or we will assume you want to extinguish all EV/PJ fans and their elderly family members!
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Another person who obviously wants everyone dead!  Come on Mike..wheres your virtue? You better start giving us a signal that you care or we will assume you want to extinguish all EV/PJ fans and their elderly family members!
    just the ones with lower fan club numbers than me.  So anyone under 139XX I'm looking at you.  ;)
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    mcgruff10 said:
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    just the ones with lower fan club numbers than me.  So anyone under 139XX I'm looking at you.  ;)
    Diabolical!  I had to look up FOMO by the way.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
    nicknyr15 said:
    on2legs said:
    Agreed. And it’s sooooooo much fun there too. 

That's where all the cool kids are!
  • on2legs said:
    I'm social distancing from that thread.
  • AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:
    Looking at this Ed's clinic comment I think you might be one of these fellas that wears a double mask while walking a dog on a deserted beach or in the deep woods. 
    Also, pinky swear that you actually know 100s of people who got J&J and boosted? 
    Atleast I wear a mask and if I could go to beach right now and somehow adopt a dog I would be ecstatic. I actually know thousands TBH. Also can a beach be located in the deep woods? Hell of a comeback, you really stung me Karen. There is no coming back from your insult. I hope Ed cancels all his shows and blames the unvaccinated and republicans. Hahaha 
  • huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 888
    edited January 2022
    You Spin Me Round Dead Or Alive GIF - You Spin Me Round Dead Or Alive Pete Burns GIFs
  • huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 888
    edited January 2022
    You Spin Me Round Dead Or Alive GIF - You Spin Me Round Dead Or Alive Pete Burns GIFs
    I am so confused as to who I am supposed to be upset with right now.....double maskers v. non maskers-- beach walkers v. forest visitors....unvaccinated v. vaccinated---people with EV tix v. people without...  someone who posts a Dead or Alive meme v. someone who doesn't (wait... that was me-begin self loathing)

• You Spin Me Round Dead Or Alive GIF - You Spin Me Round Dead Or Alive Pete Burns GIFs

How come he sometimes has the eye patch and sometimes he doesn't....?
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Diabolical!  I had to look up FOMO by the way.
    ha ha.  My daughter has fomo bad!
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,317
    I am so confused as to who I am supposed to be upset with right now.....double maskers v. non maskers-- beach walkers v. forest visitors....unvaccinated v. vaccinated---people with EV tix v. people without...  someone who posts a Dead or Alive meme v. someone who doesn't (wait... that was me-begin self loathing)

Non maskers 
    forest visitors 
    unvaccinated 
    people with EV tickets 
    someone who doesn’t 
    edited January 2022
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    estarr31 said:
    Atleast I wear a mask and if I could go to beach right now and somehow adopt a dog I would be ecstatic. I actually know thousands TBH. Also can a beach be located in the deep woods? Hell of a comeback, you really stung me Karen. There is no coming back from your insult. I hope Ed cancels all his shows and blames the unvaccinated and republicans. Hahaha 
    Right. I think your booster is wearing off. Not republican nor unvaccinated, by the way.
    Post edited by AW124797 on
This discussion has been closed.