Options

EV SOLO 2022 Tour

Comments

• Options
    WesCWesC Posts: 92
    PJINFLA said:
    $240 a ticket to hear the Evenbros yell out their song requests during the entire show, that sounds like fun!
    Especially after they’ve been cooped up for two years. 

I feel better about all of this as it confirms everybody ends up selling out at some point including EV.

I wish the band would just play and stop with all the platitudes - they’ve lost all credibility about being better than the rest after hyper merchandising everything the last couple years, Ed mugging for every camera that would follow him around Chicago and Cubs, playing private parties, using his privilege to get his daughters career going, and now indoor shows with $250 tickets while a pandemic rages into a 4th wave.
    Lol. Don’t go. 
    6/30/06 Milwaukee 8/23/09 Chicago 05/03/10 Kansas City 09/03/11 Alpine Valley 09/04/11 Alpine Valley 11/16/13 Oklahoma City
    11/19/13 Phoenix 11/29/13 Portland 10/03/14 St. Louis 10/17/14 Moline 10/19/14 St. Paul 04/26/16 Lexington 08/07/16 Boston
    08/22/16 Chicago 08/08/18 Seattle 08/10/18 Seattle 08/13/18 Missoula 08/18/18 Chicago
  • Options
    WesC said:
    PJINFLA said:
    $240 a ticket to hear the Evenbros yell out their song requests during the entire show, that sounds like fun!

I feel better about all of this as it confirms everybody ends up selling out at some point including EV.

I wish the band would just play and stop with all the platitudes - they’ve lost all credibility about being better than the rest after hyper merchandising everything the last couple years, Ed mugging for every camera that would follow him around Chicago and Cubs, playing private parties, using his privilege to get his daughters career going, and now indoor shows with $250 tickets while a pandemic rages into a 4th wave.
    Lol. Don’t go. 
    Please genius - weren’t you just opining on EV not wearing a mask while singing? LOLZ

Let me know how that no mask freedom anthem works out for you. 
    "Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fuckin' quarter up here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck, you're blowin' it for fuckin' everybody. Hit me with a fuckin' quarter again and, fuck it, I'm outta here. We're all outta here. Fuck you, and if anyone sees someone throw fuckin' change right next to them, you have my permission to beat the fuckin' holy shit outta them."
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,243
    PJINFLA said:

I've never really felt the band merchandises that much.  They do for the live shows selling lots of posters/shorts/knick knacks, but every band does that.   On their won website I've felt things are a little sparse.  It's not like you make a mint when you sell 1000 viewmasters, or some funkpops which only equates to a couple of limited edition items a year? I dunno...  they aren't kiss level or metallica level with the merch.
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    $240 ... hmm ... how about $2 and a Casio?

This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on the forum.  Just perfect! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    Jason P said:
    $240 ... hmm ... how about $2 and a Casio?

This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on the forum.  Just perfect! 
    Agreed. Totally random and from one of my all-time favorite films. The sentiment is also there - will barter for it. 
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    PJINFLA said:
    I hope the audience has matured enough in 10 years to respect the performance

I doubt it, but I can hope
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 495
    edited December 2021
    Eddie to Spin Magazine in 1995….

but now they've gotten the money for 26yrs and are worth millions so they don't care about that anymore. best line ever in a song was fugazi saying "it's not what they're selling, it's what you're buying".
    so true. charge $2000 a ticket...it will still sell out. ridiculous but people will pay, as you see everyone on here defending the prices. regardless of the $$ i was pretty much done seeing these guys after 2018 anyway. they've always been hypocrites ('couldn't tour in 1995 very well', umm ya you could, tons of bands do. just say you couldn't tour AND make the millions you wanted. totally different story there.) but now it just effects our pockets a lot more
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Has anyone been able to see the odds on tickets? They usually have odds posted. 
    Based on venue size. Assuming a million people go after tix in pairs. My estimation is 1% or less. 
    I highly doubt that there are a million 10C members, not to mention a million 10C members going for tickets in any one venue. 

I would guess odds to be somewhere in the 10-20% range, maybe higher if the price scares as many people away as this thread suggests it might.

That said, I very strongly expect for those who enter the lottery to have a greater chance of losing than winning.
    Yeah. A million was aggressive lol. 10% seems realistic. 

But is it 10k per show? My back of the napkin math

Benaroya seats 2500. Divide that in two assuming most buy in pairs. How many go to TC 2000? For the sake of argument, lets assume they are all available (They aren't). 1250 winners/ how many people are going for them?

10k = 12.5%

Public sale? I think you have better odds with the real lotto

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    These will probably sell out based on where they are. No chance those prices fly in most of the country. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    These will probably sell out based on where they are. No chance those prices fly in most of the country. 
    True dat.  PJ 2020 tix weren't selling well in OKC or Quebec, and that was for $100ish/ticket to see the full band.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    edited December 2021
    I am going to pose a possibility that could occur which I haven’t seen mentioned. It applies specifically to the LA area show but could occur in other cities.

This tour brought back memories of the Temple of the Dog tour 5 years ago, which was as limited in shows as this Vedder tour. The ticket prices were about of half of this tour and all shows quickly sold out. I’m in L.A., so I dont know how it went on the East Coast but the show here was at the Forum. As the show approached, tickets on Stubhub were getting as low as $20-30. Some of the people selling were scalpers, but obviously some were fans with extra tickets.

I personally had tickets for one of the San Francisco shows that I couldn’t make and had them listed below face on Stubhub. I got fortunate that someone I know bought them from me for face. The 2 SF shows were small venue and selling below face.

Fast forward to this Vedder tour. The San Diego show will likely be a tough ticket but the LA show is in a 6-7,000 seat venue with room for another show to be added.

Southern California may be oversaturated for Vedder right now after 5 nights of Ohana, including 2 public shows by this Earthlings band to 15,000 each. Ohana second weekend didn't sell out, resale prices were very low and Pearl Jam has 2 LA shows in May. There may very well be enough big fans here to sell out the show and possibly add a second which will add to the oversaturation.

What I am cautioning people on is if you buy for this L.A. show and are unable to attend, it may not be as easy to sell them as people think. The problem this time is your only option to sell is the fan to fan resale at only face value. If I understand correctly, unlike Stubhub, you cannot sell for under face. Due to over saturation and high ticket prices, you may not be able to get anything for your tickets if they aren’t amongst the best seats or pit. 
    Post edited by KL159781 on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,243
    I think EV solo would have higher demand than ToTD.  EV is something even the even bros, know about  ToTD had a single album and for many casual fans is a bit of a deep cut.

I think the wild card with concerts is covid.   How many people are willing to travel for shows right now kind of thing.  PJ shows sell out because PJ tours have historically been small, so the only way for many people to see a show is to travel to one.   I've always wondered what PJ's ability to sell out shows would be like if their tours were larger and people didn't have to travel as much.

I get the feeling with new album, small venues, and 8 dates to see the tour for the album, that these will probably sell like hot cakes.  That being said Covid is still the wild card.  If a large portion of fan's can't or uncomfortable travelling, it could make it less demand.

I guess I'm hoping it's in demand as we put in for Seattle tickets.  Right now we can cross the border for 72 hours by land without issue, but if anything happens with the borders before Feb, I'm hoping I can sell them on f2f (assuming we get any tickets).

• Options
    Yeah, I agree. I mean, my political opinions are completely aligned with those of PJ, but I'm not going to move to a "blue" state only to see my favorite band more easily. I mean, PJ plays in New Orleans despite it being located in Louisiana. Why not play in Austin despite its location within Texas? 
  • Options
    As much as I'd love to live in Seattle, San Diego, or Denver, I can't afford to purchase a home in those cities, so I guess I'll continue living here in an affordable area. My biggest problem regarding traveling 1,500 miles each way to see PJ is I have a very demanding job, a spouse, and three children in grade school. As a result, it's difficult from a time and logistical standpoint to take a week off and travel to the west coast. It'd be loads of fun though. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree. I mean, my political opinions are completely aligned with those of PJ, but I'm not going to move to a "blue" state only to see my favorite band more easily. I mean, PJ plays in New Orleans despite it being located in Louisiana. Why not play in Austin despite its location within Texas? 
    If they are avoiding red states due to politics, it makes no sense. If they view themselves as activists trying to create change, you have to go into the fire and not just stay in blue states and preach to the choir. 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    I think EV solo would have higher demand than ToTD.  EV is something even the even bros, know about  ToTD had a single album and for many casual fans is a bit of a deep cut.

I think the wild card with concerts is covid.   How many people are willing to travel for shows right now kind of thing.  PJ shows sell out because PJ tours have historically been small, so the only way for many people to see a show is to travel to one.   I've always wondered what PJ's ability to sell out shows would be like if their tours were larger and people didn't have to travel as much.

I get the feeling with new album, small venues, and 8 dates to see the tour for the album, that these will probably sell like hot cakes.  That being said Covid is still the wild card.  If a large portion of fan's can't or uncomfortable travelling, it could make it less demand.

I guess I'm hoping it's in demand as we put in for Seattle tickets.  Right now we can cross the border for 72 hours by land without issue, but if anything happens with the borders before Feb, I'm hoping I can sell them on f2f (assuming we get any tickets).

If you get tickets and are unable to travel to Seattle, I don’t for see a problem selling them.

My situation for trying for tickets is that my wife and I are both Ten Club members. As much as we hate the prices, we are planning to put in for all 4 West Coast tickets and see what happens.  My concern is we both win for LA, will we be able to unload the extra, not as good of seats. I have asked my local Pearl Jam friends if they are planning to attend and have got responses like “hell no”. We may just have to have only one of us try for that show, as due to the size of venue, it’s the most likely one we will get tickets for.
  • Options
    Nicely stated KL159781. You even incorporated rhyme into your comment. By the way, I agree with you. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,820
    edited December 2021
    ddeschler said:
    True dat.  PJ 2020 tix weren't selling well in OKC or Quebec, and that was for $100ish/ticket to see the full band.
    Not sure about OKC but Quebec was a sellout in front of the stage with over half of the back sold out. I would not consider that not selling well. 
  • Options
    Here’s how many seats are available at each venue. 

Beacon Theatre - 2,894 X 2 Nites = 5,788

New Jersey Performing Arts Center - 3,352

Chicago Auditorium Theatre- 3,875

The Magnolia - 1,200

Utube Theater - 6,000

Benaroya Hall - 2,500 X 2 Nites = 5,000

Good luck to everyone that wants to go.
  • Options
    let's not get this thread locked. The moderators are itching to pull the trigger. 
  • Options
    This thread fucking sucks.  We all know that it's way too much money.  If you can do it, and you want to go, pay the money.  If not, don't.  No one cares about your opinion.  This isn't hard.  The market sets the price.  Be mad if you want to, and if you want to spend a thousand dollars for a couple really fun nights of music, you can do that too.  Eddie and the band are running a fucking business.  You dont have to participate.  Rant over.  
    I don't want to think, I wanna feel....

2.5.95 Seattle
    9.16.96 Seattle
    7.18.98 Portland
    7.21.98 Seattle
    7.22.98 Seattle
    10.30.99 Mountain View, CA
    10.31.99 Mountain View, CA
    5.10.00 Bellingham, WA
    11.2.00 Portland, WA
    11.3.00 Boise, ID
    11.5.00 Seattle, WA
    11.6.00 Seattle, WA
    10.22.21 Seattle, WA
    9.1.05 George, WA
    7.6.06 Las Vegas, NV
    7.22.06 George, WA
    7.23.06 George, WA
    6.28.08 Mansfield, MA
    9.21.09 Seattle, WA
    9.22.09 Seattle, WA
    11.29.13 Portland, OR
    12.6.13 Seattle, WA
    8.8.18 Seattle, WA
    8.10.18 Seattle,WA
  • Options

I was paying 99¢ a gallon for gas in 1995.  
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 603
    Do we think there’ll be a UK/EU tour?
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    KL159781 said:
    If they are avoiding red states due to politics, it makes no sense. If they view themselves as activists trying to create change, you have to go into the fire and not just stay in blue states and preach to the choir. 
    Pearl Jam is playing Tennessee, Missouri, and Oklahoma on the upcoming tour.  Those are all red states.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    edited December 2021

I was paying 99¢ a gallon for gas in 1995.  
    So you’re saying Eddie is as greedy as the oil companies? 

99¢ in 1995 equals $1.80 today. But you’re paying a lot than $1.80 a gallon today aren’t you? 

Eddie’s $250.00 ticket today would be $137.75 in 1995, which is way more than the $50 price that the very thought of “frightened” him in 1995. 

Post edited by Sea on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I guess it's okay in the end. I'm just going to have to either (1) drive 1,000 miles to Dallas and back when PJ plays there, or (2) I'll have to spend $500 on two concert tickets, $800 on two plane tickets, $400 on a hotel room, and about $300 at restaurants to travel to PJ's location. I'm not really complaining -- just stating a fact. Their tours are quite short these days, and they tend to visit the same places over and over and over again. I'll always love them nonetheless.  
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    KL159781 said:
    Even most cities in red states are blue. Every major city in Texas went for Biden. I hope we’re not being punished because of midland and Odessa politics. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,193
    You only regret the shows you don’t go to, not the ones you do.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Has there been any indication that a portion of the proceeds will go to the Vitalogy Foundation or other charities? They usually make that pretty explicit for PJ shows, but I don't see anything about it for this. 
  • Options
    marcPJfanmarcPJfan Austin, TX Posts: 802
    I guess it's okay in the end. I'm just going to have to either (1) drive 1,000 miles to Dallas and back when PJ plays there, or (2) I'll have to spend $500 on two concert tickets, $800 on two plane tickets, $400 on a hotel room, and about $300 at restaurants to travel to PJ's location. I'm not really complaining -- just stating a fact. Their tours are quite short these days, and they tend to visit the same places over and over and over again. I'll always love them nonetheless.  
    Are you in the valley?  I’m from McAllen.  Live in Round Rock now.
    09/16/95, 09/16/96, 06/29/98, 07/02/98, 07/05/98, 09/08/98, 09/10/98, 09/11/98, 09/18/98, 09/19/98, 06/13/99, 10/30/99, 10/31/99, 05/29/00, 05/30/00, 10/14/00, 10/17/00, 10/18/00, 11/05/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/06/02, 04/05/03, 04/06/03, 06/09/03, 10/22/03, 09/24/04, 05/12/06, 05/13/06, 05/27/06, 05/28/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 06/11/08, 06/12/08, 08/01/08, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 10/04/09, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/06/10, 05/07/10, 07/02/11, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 10/23/11, 11/15/13, 11/16/13, 10/19/14, 10/25/14, 10/26/14, 11/28/15, 04/23/16, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 09/09/17, 08/18/18, 09/02/18, 09/04/18, 10/01/21, 10/02/21, 05/06/22, 05/07/22, 05/12/22, 05/13/22, 08/31/23, 09/02/23, 09/13/23, 09/15/23, 09/18/23, 09/19/23