Options

EV SOLO 2022 Tour

Comments

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,931
    bbiggs said:
    JojoRice said:
    Has anyone been able to see the odds on tickets? They usually have odds posted. 

Based on the responses in these threads I'd say the odds are extremely high.  ;)
    Truth.
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    edited December 2021
    WesC said:
    tdawe said:
    WesC said:
    $250 a ticket and being forced to show health status AND wear a mask inside the venue? Hard pass on that BS.  I wonder if EV has to mask up? No, he's the singer and famous so he's exempt.  Will the rest of the band mask up? Doubt it. Can no one see the hypocrisy?
    The world has come undone...
    A big part of our problems now arise from the fact that a lot of the people who can easily plonk down $250 for a concert ticket have discovered that doing so doesn’t exempt them from public health requirements, and they’re fucking furious about it. 
    I by no means think that paying a fee for anything exempts me from anything at all.  I'm not that crazy.  I do think having a room full of vaccinated people or people who have tested negative and are still required to wear masks is one of the most insane concepts I've ever heard.  But I understand that's the new normal for the sheep.
    I'm shocked at how hard this still is for some people to understand.

1. Vaccinations protect people from severe consequences of COVID. They don't eliminate the possibility of contracting COVID altogether.

2. Requiring vaccinated people who gather in large groups -- especially indoors -- to wear masks reduces the risk of mass transmission considerably.

3. The fact that vaccinated folks who catch COVID can spread the disease to unvaccinated people (who may consequently suffer severe consequences) makes it necessary to continue enacting measures to prevent mass transmission.

The government (federal/state/local) has always had a responsibility to protect its citizens during a health crises. These measures are not crazy -- they're literally in line with one of government's most important roles. The sheep are not those masking up and getting vaccinated, they're those who continue to defy experts on the subject and folks who know infinitely more about contagious diseases than they do as some sort of political stance on a subject that is medical, not political.

You know what would make it so that everyone who is vaccinated in a crowded space didn't have to wear a mask? If everyone else whom they may interact with outside of that space also got vaccinated. But we all know how that's going.

Post edited by walkunafraid on
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 495
    bbiggs said:
    JojoRice said:

Based on the responses in these threads I'd say the odds are extremely high.  ;)
    Truth.
    this man knows.
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    My biggest gripe is lack of southeast dates and dates in general. Why not hit a bunch more cities? My only guess is the Earthlings will have more tours down the line. - and no way it’s a we don’t know the demand thing because it’s a modern day supergroup! They know they will sell them. 

Instead of charging more in order to play less, PLAY MORE and charge a little less. These guys barely have to work to survive anymore and they can’t be bothered to do at least 10 shows? 8 nights of their lives is all they got in them? Same with Pearl Jam honestly, the touring schedule is so light of late (covid reasons excluded). I know this just sounds like gimme gimme gimme, but I know they can give us more. Something we don’t know about holds them back. 

I would like to believe the band is putting their money where their mouth is. 

Hopefully they continue to avoid states that are too preoccupied with:
    • overturning Roe v Wade
    • minority oppression
    • voter suppression
    • baking cakes for homosexuals
    • gendered bathrooms
    • gun fetishization
    • tax cuts for the wealthy
    • privatizing health care
    • and destroying public schools
    (did I miss anything)

I tend to agree in principle but the cities in those states are where they would be playing and they are not like the state at large.  Houston for example.  Houston might be in Texas but it’s not Texas.

it’s like group punishment for people that have nothing to do with it 
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 495
    WesC said:
    tdawe said:
    WesC said:
    $250 a ticket and being forced to show health status AND wear a mask inside the venue? Hard pass on that BS.  I wonder if EV has to mask up? No, he's the singer and famous so he's exempt.  Will the rest of the band mask up? Doubt it. Can no one see the hypocrisy?
    A big part of our problems now arise from the fact that a lot of the people who can easily plonk down $250 for a concert ticket have discovered that doing so doesn’t exempt them from public health requirements, and they’re fucking furious about it. 
    I by no means think that paying a fee for anything exempts me from anything at all.  I'm not that crazy.  I do think having a room full of vaccinated people or people who have tested negative and are still required to wear masks is one of the most insane concepts I've ever heard.  But I understand that's the new normal for the sheep.

1. Vaccinations protect people from severe consequences of COVID. They don't eliminate the possibility of contracting COVID altogether. SO....LIKE ANY FLU VIRUS

2. Requiring vaccinated people who gather in large groups -- especially indoors -- to wear masks reduces the risk of mass transmission considerably. IT REALLY DOESN'T. 

3. The fact that vaccinated folks who catch COVID can spread the disease to unvaccinated people (who may consequently suffer severe consequences) makes it necessary to continue enacting measures to prevent mass transmission. ANYONE WHO WANTED THE 'VACCINE' COULD HAVE GOTTEN IT BY NOW. SO THIS IS PRETTY MUCH IRRELEVANT. 

The government (federal/state/local) has always had a responsibility to protect its citizens (BUT THEY DON'T ACTUALLY DO IT) during a health crises. These measures are not crazy -- they're literally in line with one of government's most important roles. The sheep are not those masking up and getting vaccinated, they're those who continue to defy experts on the subject and folks who know infinitely more about contagious diseases than they do as some sort of political stance on a subject that is medical, not political. "EXPERTS" ARE LED BY A GUY WHO CONTINUOUSLY LIES TO THE PUBLIC. THIS HAS BEEN ABOUT MONEY FROM THE GET GO. I DONT KNOW HOW ANYONE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THAT. 

You know what would make it so that everyone who is vaccinated in a crowded space didn't have to wear a mask? If everyone else whom they may interact with outside of that space also got vaccinated. But we all know how that's going. BUT IF 'VACCINATED' CAN SPREAD IT AND ALL THAT THEN IF EVERYONE GOT 'VACCINATED' BY YOUR LOGIC, YOU'D STILL HAVE TO WEAR A MASK. SOOOO THAT MEANS MASKS FOREVER!

WesC said:
    tdawe said:
    WesC said:

1. Vaccinations protect people from severe consequences of COVID. They don't eliminate the possibility of contracting COVID altogether.

2. Requiring vaccinated people who gather in large groups -- especially indoors -- to wear masks reduces the risk of mass transmission considerably.

3. The fact that vaccinated folks who catch COVID can spread the disease to unvaccinated people (who may consequently suffer severe consequences) makes it necessary to continue enacting measures to prevent mass transmission.

The government (federal/state/local) has always had a responsibility to protect its citizens during a health crises. These measures are not crazy -- they're literally in line with one of government's most important roles. The sheep are not those masking up and getting vaccinated, they're those who continue to defy experts on the subject and folks who know infinitely more about contagious diseases than they do as some sort of political stance on a subject that is medical, not political.

You know what would make it so that everyone who is vaccinated in a crowded space didn't have to wear a mask? If everyone else whom they may interact with outside of that space also got vaccinated. But we all know how that's going.

First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    LaddieLaddie Posts: 301
    edited December 2021
    nvm
    Post edited by Laddie on
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I know a lot of PJ fans in 2014 that probably agree with letting people poop where they please had a show canceled on them because other people, that were not going to the show, didn't agree with letting people poop where they please.

Not sure why you punish those that want to let people poop where they please.  Also, never did find out how the shit settled on that issue.

(topics i never envisioned debating as a child .... )
  • Options
    I'm sure I'm late to the party but these prices are ridiculous. 
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,453
    I put in for two tickets.  It feels expensive.  But I’m not angry over it and I have a couple days to think it over.  In all likelihood I’m not going to get tickets anyway because of the demand.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    Jason P said:
    I know a lot of PJ fans in 2014 that probably agree with letting people poop where they please had a show canceled on them because other people, that were not going to the show, didn't agree with letting people poop where they please.

Not sure why you punish those that want to let people poop where they please.  Also, never did find out how the shit settled on that issue.

(topics i never envisioned debating as a child .... )
    I wouldn’t say shit is settled, but what happened in the immediate wake of the cancelled NC show is that the state legislature was successfully pressured (not just because of Pearl Jam obviously, but in large part due to the combined weight of similar boycotts) to repeal the law in question. That’s why you do it - not to “punish” the fans. 
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,892
    On another completely different note (that possibly has zero to do with this thread): I'm really excited to hear Ed play songs from The Flag Day Soundtrack (or Glen play some in his set), I loved what I saw from the band on "Take the Long Way" and I just want to be around that energy, that band, these fans! I need it. I hope we can get past the cost and get the people in the building that love the experience! Be good and good luck!
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Urgh, no dice using any connections I have to get NJPAC tickets.

This is the 1st show I have not been able to use my sources to get me into a show there ever.

Apparently, the venue was given zero tickets.

Every single ticket is being allocated by the 10C or Ticketmaster.

Dammit.

Here's to hoping I win the lotto I guess.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 696
    edited December 2021
    on2legs said:
    I put in for two tickets.  It feels expensive.  But I’m not angry over it and I have a couple days to think it over.  In all likelihood I’m not going to get tickets anyway because of the demand.  
    Exactly. It’s best to set expectations realistically. It’ll be millions going for thousands of tickets. Chances are you aren’t getting tixs. So why waste time and energy complaining about something you don’t have, and probably won’t be getting anyway.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Based on venue size. Assuming a million people go after tix in pairs. My estimation is 1% or less. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,777
    CP218430 said:
    On another completely different note (that possibly has zero to do with this thread): I'm really excited to hear Ed play songs from The Flag Day Soundtrack (or Glen play some in his set), I loved what I saw from the band on "Take the Long Way" and I just want to be around that energy, that band, these fans! I need it. I hope we can get past the cost and get the people in the building that love the experience! Be good and good luck!
    Based on seeing them do it a few times at Ohana, you're in for a treat. 
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    I am also excited to see/hear the setlists. Assuming a majority of the Earthlings album. Some Flag Day stuff. Will they rework some Into the Wild and Ukulele songs? Probably some covers.  Should be fun for those going. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179

"I make memes for the american working man, because that is what I am, and that is who I care about."

- Ray Zalinsky
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,375
    Hahaha fantastic.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Based on venue size. Assuming a million people go after tix in pairs. My estimation is 1% or less. 
    I highly doubt that there are a million 10C members, not to mention a million 10C members going for tickets in any one venue. 

I would guess odds to be somewhere in the 10-20% range, maybe higher if the price scares as many people away as this thread suggests it might.

That said, I very strongly expect for those who enter the lottery to have a greater chance of losing than winning.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    WesC said:
    Is this a joke
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    Does anyone have a view on lotto odds yet? I’m still trying to figure out which nights I can make so haven’t put my choices in yet. 
  • Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    The more fans that buy these tickets the more tickets will continue to go up year after year.

Obviously if tickets don’t sell that will send a clear message to the promoter and the band.
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    MUZIK said:
    The more fans that buy these tickets the more tickets will continue to go up year after year.

Obviously if tickets don’t sell that will send a clear message to the promoter and the band.
    We should all hold a strike!!!

Did I mention I’m a scab?
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    For those trying for 10C tickets, are you also registering for Verified Fan as a backup? 
  • Options
    ed needs to tour more. it's really messed up
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,928
    bbiggs said:
    For those trying for 10C tickets, are you also registering for Verified Fan as a backup? 
    Yes. That is what I also did for the Gigaton tour tickets and it paid off. I didn’t get any 10c tickets but was able to get tickets from the verified fan presale. 
  • Options
    PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 676
    $240 a ticket to hear the Evenbros yell out their song requests during the entire show, that sounds like fun!
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    GlowGirl said:
    bbiggs said:
    Yes. That is what I also did for the Gigaton tour tickets and it paid off. I didn’t get any 10c tickets but was able to get tickets from the verified fan presale. 
    Thanks. I know there’s no legitimacy to this, but part of me feels like registering for VF decreases your chance of getting 10C since both of the sales are through TM. I know it sounds like superstitious nonsense and it probably is.  I just don’t trust TM. 
  • Options
    WesCWesC Posts: 92
    WesC said:
    tdawe said:
    WesC said:

1. Vaccinations protect people from severe consequences of COVID. They don't eliminate the possibility of contracting COVID altogether. SO....LIKE ANY FLU VIRUS

2. Requiring vaccinated people who gather in large groups -- especially indoors -- to wear masks reduces the risk of mass transmission considerably. IT REALLY DOESN'T. 

3. The fact that vaccinated folks who catch COVID can spread the disease to unvaccinated people (who may consequently suffer severe consequences) makes it necessary to continue enacting measures to prevent mass transmission. ANYONE WHO WANTED THE 'VACCINE' COULD HAVE GOTTEN IT BY NOW. SO THIS IS PRETTY MUCH IRRELEVANT. 

The government (federal/state/local) has always had a responsibility to protect its citizens (BUT THEY DON'T ACTUALLY DO IT) during a health crises. These measures are not crazy -- they're literally in line with one of government's most important roles. The sheep are not those masking up and getting vaccinated, they're those who continue to defy experts on the subject and folks who know infinitely more about contagious diseases than they do as some sort of political stance on a subject that is medical, not political. "EXPERTS" ARE LED BY A GUY WHO CONTINUOUSLY LIES TO THE PUBLIC. THIS HAS BEEN ABOUT MONEY FROM THE GET GO. I DONT KNOW HOW ANYONE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THAT. 

You know what would make it so that everyone who is vaccinated in a crowded space didn't have to wear a mask? If everyone else whom they may interact with outside of that space also got vaccinated. But we all know how that's going. BUT IF 'VACCINATED' CAN SPREAD IT AND ALL THAT THEN IF EVERYONE GOT 'VACCINATED' BY YOUR LOGIC, YOU'D STILL HAVE TO WEAR A MASK. SOOOO THAT MEANS MASKS FOREVER!

WesC said:
    tdawe said:
    WesC said:

Preach brother. 
    6/30/06 Milwaukee 8/23/09 Chicago 05/03/10 Kansas City 09/03/11 Alpine Valley 09/04/11 Alpine Valley 11/16/13 Oklahoma City
    11/19/13 Phoenix 11/29/13 Portland 10/03/14 St. Louis 10/17/14 Moline 10/19/14 St. Paul 04/26/16 Lexington 08/07/16 Boston
    08/22/16 Chicago 08/08/18 Seattle 08/10/18 Seattle 08/13/18 Missoula 08/18/18 Chicago
  • Options
    PJINFLA said:
    $240 a ticket to hear the Evenbros yell out their song requests during the entire show, that sounds like fun!
    Especially after they’ve been cooped up for two years. 

I feel better about all of this as it confirms everybody ends up selling out at some point including EV.

I wish the band would just play and stop with all the platitudes - they’ve lost all credibility about being better than the rest after hyper merchandising everything the last couple years, Ed mugging for every camera that would follow him around Chicago and Cubs, playing private parties, using his privilege to get his daughters career going, and now indoor shows with $250 tickets while a pandemic rages into a 4th wave.
    "Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fuckin' quarter up here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck, you're blowin' it for fuckin' everybody. Hit me with a fuckin' quarter again and, fuck it, I'm outta here. We're all outta here. Fuck you, and if anyone sees someone throw fuckin' change right next to them, you have my permission to beat the fuckin' holy shit outta them."