Options

EV SOLO 2022 Tour

Comments

• Options
    TH113769TH113769 Posts: 436
    jpgoegel said:
    did anyone receive this after requesting tix?   hours later and still nothing

For your records, we’ve sent you an email with a summary of your ticket request. If you can’t find the email, please search your inbox for the sender "Ticketstoday - a Ticketmaster Company" <tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com>

No - was wondering the same thing
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • Options
    TH113769 said:
    jpgoegel said:
    did anyone receive this after requesting tix?   hours later and still nothing

For your records, we’ve sent you an email with a summary of your ticket request. If you can’t find the email, please search your inbox for the sender "Ticketstoday - a Ticketmaster Company" <tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com>

No - was wondering the same thing
    I did. Right away.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    I don't care how much the tickets cost. I just wish PJ would play closer to where I live (south Texas) more often. I'll gladly pay $1,000 for two tickets as long as I don't have to travel 1,500 miles to see a show. 

Yah me too. Seattle is only 80 miles away in a straight line but it involved gas, ferries, an international border and not driving in a straight line.   Still not at the point the tickets cost more than the transportation/hotels.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,185
    Noload said:
    WesC said:
    WesC said:
    MUZIK said:
    WesC said:
    MUZIK said:
    WesC said:
    $250 a ticket and being forced to show health status AND wear a mask inside the venue? Hard pass on that BS.  I wonder if EV has to mask up? No, he's the singer and famous so he's exempt.  Will the rest of the band mask up? Doubt it. Can no one see the hypocrisy?
    The world has come undone...
    Fake news bro 

🤦‍♂️ 
    What part of what I said is fake news bro?
    Wearing mask @ the beacon is fake news.

stop spreading misinformation, your’re already embarrassing yourself enough. 
    When did I mention the Beacon? I was talking about the Auditorium Theater in Chicago.
    He is correct. Although the email and ticketmaster has the standard generic covid language, the Auditoriums website does state masks are required.

3 nights there last month for MMJ. Had to show proof of vax and wear a mask to get in but 99% of the fans had beers/drinks each night and didn't wear their masks for the entirety of the sets. Mask wearing wasn't enforced at all.
    This is kind of my point...why have a requirement when it's not enforced? And if so many people are so concerned about this then why would 99% of people not be wearing a mask? The answer... optics and herd mentality. People are so easily influenced by what others do and say they can't get out of their own way to conform.  Look no further than the person driving alone in their car wearing a mask.  That says it all to me.

It's theater! Enjoy the show;)
    If they are charging Hamilton prices then they should lottery the first two rows for $20 tickets. :)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    If they are charging Hamilton prices then they should lottery the first two rows for $20 tickets. :)
    That is a seriously great point & great idea! They really SHOULD lottery a # of tix off as pairs at $20 or even $40/pair. I never did win the Hamilton lottery for the $10 tix, but I did wait in line ALL DAY one day for the standing room tix at $60/ticket, and we were right behind last row of orchestra, incredible viewpoint, but best of all there was NO ONE BEHIND US so my daughter & I lip synched and DANCED OUR ASSES OFF, and the ushers thought we were hysterical. Best use of $60.00 ever...

So yeah PJ, think about it, that's a great idea!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    $240 ... hmm ... how about $2 and a Casio?

• Options
    PJammin said:
    Ed will ask for, and get, $199 for a lower level ticket at Auditorium Theater. That's the price of the meat. If you don't want steak for dinner keep walking down the meat aisle until you reach the hot dogs. You'll probably find Liam Gallagher there mumbling to himself.
    Shout out to this guy for comparing the inevitable cover of “Hard Sun” to a steak dinner. 😂🤣  
  • Options
    So, I'm sure I will get ripped for this, but here goes. Lots of people are balking at the $200 ticket price. Is $125 THAT much different? It's $75. Thats a crappy dinner out. This is a once in a few years concert. I understand not everyone is well off financially, I get it. It just seems that people waste $75 on much dumber things. And I am now ready for the "I need that $75 for rent". If so, I would say you probably shouldn't spend $125 either.
     Problem is it isn’t $200… it’s $235… so maybe just add in another $75 and make it $310. 
  • Options
    Looked at the price of the tickets and decided that it was out of range for me and my gf. Sent the schedule to my older bro who is in a diff tax bracket but who is also busy constantly with family work etc..... To my shock and amazement he came back with we should totally go. So I'm in the lotto for night two of New York. If I get it that's my Christmas present from my gf. Expensive for sure but a road trip with my brother to New York to see ed will be a once in a lifetime thing. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    edited December 2021
    Does anyone remember what the Taormina tickets were in 2017? They had cheaper priced tiered seats than this tour but feel like the best seats were very similar to this price. 

As a fan that travels everywhere to see them play the ticket price is the least of my worry for PJ. This being a theatre tour in small venues and the allstar cast of band members in this group it makes sense that the tickets are more than a ballpark or arena show. That said I have no desire to travel to see these shows but that has nothing to do with ticket prices. 
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 749
    edited December 2021
    I thought prices of the 2017 EV tour were all the same. Round 110 euros a ticket.
    Post edited by Robbert on
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    Robbert said:
    I thought prices of the 2017 EV tour were all the same. Round 110 euros a ticket.
    Ya maybe they were I can not remember and got tickets on the public sale for Taormina. I think I payed $500 for a pair though but am not sure. 
  • Options
    Robbert said:
    Poltronissima Tribunetta Centrale Numerata in Taormina was $203 per Ticket including all fees. Would spend it any day again!
  • Options
    bzouidenbzouiden KC Area Posts: 95
    Agreed 200/seat is really high, about a 100/hour of entertainment.  I too am wondering what the next PJ tour looks like cost wise.  I mean I guess I paid 639 for 2 ohanaencore weekend passes this year so not too far off.  But that was 10 bands over 2 nights and 2 nights of pj and it was on a beach.

Kansas City 1998
    Kansas City 2000
    Kansas City 2003
    St. Louis 2014
    Ohana Encore N1 & N2 2021
    St. Louis 2022
    OKC 2022
    Chicago N1 & N2 2023
  • Options
    Noload said:
    WesC said:
    WesC said:
    MUZIK said:
    WesC said:
    MUZIK said:
    WesC said:
    $250 a ticket and being forced to show health status AND wear a mask inside the venue? Hard pass on that BS.  I wonder if EV has to mask up? No, he's the singer and famous so he's exempt.  Will the rest of the band mask up? Doubt it. Can no one see the hypocrisy?
    The world has come undone...
    Fake news bro 

🤦‍♂️ 
    What part of what I said is fake news bro?
    Wearing mask @ the beacon is fake news.

stop spreading misinformation, your’re already embarrassing yourself enough. 
    When did I mention the Beacon? I was talking about the Auditorium Theater in Chicago.
    He is correct. Although the email and ticketmaster has the standard generic covid language, the Auditoriums website does state masks are required.

3 nights there last month for MMJ. Had to show proof of vax and wear a mask to get in but 99% of the fans had beers/drinks each night and didn't wear their masks for the entirety of the sets. Mask wearing wasn't enforced at all.
    This is kind of my point...why have a requirement when it's not enforced? And if so many people are so concerned about this then why would 99% of people not be wearing a mask? The answer... optics and herd mentality. People are so easily influenced by what others do and say they can't get out of their own way to conform.  Look no further than the person driving alone in their car wearing a mask.  That says it all to me.

It's theater! Enjoy the show;)
    I can go to any "theater" show on Broadway right now for less than a hundred bucks. 
  • Options
    bzouidenbzouiden KC Area Posts: 95
    also agreed I have found myself more disappointed with Eddie this year.  Not that it matters or that he should give a shit what I think. but yep the elton duet thing (better than the Brandi and elton song), private party in a zoo in texas, now 200/seat for his solo show. Probably Trumps fault.
    Kansas City 1998
    Kansas City 2000
    Kansas City 2003
    St. Louis 2014
    Ohana Encore N1 & N2 2021
    St. Louis 2022
    OKC 2022
    Chicago N1 & N2 2023
  • Options
    I don't care how much the tickets cost. I just wish PJ would play closer to where I live (south Texas) more often. I'll gladly pay $1,000 for two tickets as long as I don't have to travel 1,500 miles to see a show. 
    Travelling is 1/2 the fun! I even do lots of solo trips. And I feel like I can eat like a king because I spend less than what I would on a meal for 2.
    15 years ago today I was in Hawaii to see PJ. 18 hours of flight for three nights on Oahu. But man, what a thrill that was. If I can save 0,75$ by buying two peanut butter jars instead of just one, I’ll do it. I’ll fill the gas tank wherever gas in cheaper. Grabbing coffee at the office rather than Starbucks since cheaper and quicker. But I do fly left and right anytime PJ or EV plays anywhere. To each their own spending and saving, and their own pleasure doing so. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    Has anyone been able to see the odds on tickets? They usually have odds posted. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    edited December 2021
    goblues82 said:
    PJammin said:
    Ed will ask for, and get, $199 for a lower level ticket at Auditorium Theater. That's the price of the meat. If you don't want steak for dinner keep walking down the meat aisle until you reach the hot dogs. You'll probably find Liam Gallagher there mumbling to himself.
    Shout out to this guy for comparing the inevitable cover of “Hard Sun” to a steak dinner. 😂🤣  
    Agreed, steak for me right now would be Pearl Jam at my local arena, or any arena I could get to for that matter; this... isn't steak.

3K capacity theaters are awesome, but this lineup does nothing for me, nor do the new songs Eddie's released for the new album. 

To each his own though, it's all subjective. Good luck getting tickets for those trying!
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,955
    Rather the money go to him and the band rather than a scalper who will very much charge this amount for a seat. 
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    Rather the money go to him and the band rather than a scalper who will very much charge this amount for a seat. 
    scalpers will double up the price on secondary.  it may help a little, but scalpers are going to scalp and buyers are going to buy
  • Options
    BK221359BK221359 Charleston, SC Posts: 237
    These threads are pretty rough…surprisingly somehow the forum reads like Twitter…what happened?  Thank you Ed for getting out on the road.  Hoping to catch you in NYC/NJ.  Looking forward to the rescheduled PJ shows in Nashville and Amsterdam.  
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    New Orleans, LA - 9-17-1995
    New Orleans, LA - 8-14-2000
    Lexington, KY - 4-26-2016
    Nashville, TN - 6-9-2016 (TMR)
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Chicago, IL - 8-18-2018 & 8-20-2018
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9-18-2021
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
    Ohana Fest Encore - 10-1-2021 & 10-2-2021
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,955
    scalpers will double up the price on secondary.  it may help a little, but scalpers are going to scalp and buyers are going to buy
    If its decreased demand due to the retail prices, the secondary market won't have much of a markup. Anecdotally, it seems like people are less interested in going at these prices. 

Or we're all sheep and people will will complain and still go.

• Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    bingo
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    JojoRice said:
    Has anyone been able to see the odds on tickets? They usually have odds posted. 

Based on the responses in these threads I'd say the odds are extremely high.  ;)
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    If its decreased demand due to the retail prices, the secondary market won't have much of a markup. Anecdotally, it seems like people are less interested in going at these prices. 

Or we're all sheep and people will will complain and still go.

yep
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    My biggest gripe is lack of southeast dates and dates in general. Why not hit a bunch more cities? My only guess is the Earthlings will have more tours down the line. - and no way it’s a we don’t know the demand thing because it’s a modern day supergroup! They know they will sell them. 

Instead of charging more in order to play less, PLAY MORE and charge a little less. These guys barely have to work to survive anymore and they can’t be bothered to do at least 10 shows? 8 nights of their lives is all they got in them? Same with Pearl Jam honestly, the touring schedule is so light of late (covid reasons excluded). I know this just sounds like gimme gimme gimme, but I know they can give us more. Something we don’t know about holds them back. 

I would like to believe the band is putting their money where their mouth is. 

Hopefully they continue to avoid states that are too preoccupied with:
    • overturning Roe v Wade
    • minority oppression
    • voter suppression
    • baking cakes for homosexuals
    • gendered bathrooms
    • gun fetishization
    • tax cuts for the wealthy
    • privatizing health care
    • and destroying public schools
    (did I miss anything)

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,874
    Price of these tickets could also be justified depending on what you think of the new album once it's released.  
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    goblues82 said:
    So, I'm sure I will get ripped for this, but here goes. Lots of people are balking at the $200 ticket price. Is $125 THAT much different? It's $75. Thats a crappy dinner out. This is a once in a few years concert. I understand not everyone is well off financially, I get it. It just seems that people waste $75 on much dumber things. And I am now ready for the "I need that $75 for rent". If so, I would say you probably shouldn't spend $125 either.
     Problem is it isn’t $200… it’s $235… so maybe just add in another $75 and make it $310. 

Well, the $179 tickets end up closer to $200.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    My biggest gripe is lack of southeast dates and dates in general. Why not hit a bunch more cities? My only guess is the Earthlings will have more tours down the line. - and no way it’s a we don’t know the demand thing because it’s a modern day supergroup! They know they will sell them. 

Instead of charging more in order to play less, PLAY MORE and charge a little less. These guys barely have to work to survive anymore and they can’t be bothered to do at least 10 shows? 8 nights of their lives is all they got in them? Same with Pearl Jam honestly, the touring schedule is so light of late (covid reasons excluded). I know this just sounds like gimme gimme gimme, but I know they can give us more. Something we don’t know about holds them back. 

I would like to believe the band is putting their money where their mouth is. 

Hopefully they continue to avoid states that are too preoccupied with:
    • overturning Roe v Wade
    • minority oppression
    • voter suppression
    • baking cakes for homosexuals
    • gendered bathrooms
    • gun fetishization
    • tax cuts for the wealthy
    • privatizing health care
    • and destroying public schools
    (did I miss anything)

That’s all fine and dandy, but they are only hurting their fans in these areas at the end of the day. They can get on that stage and start the show with a 10 minute rant and make more of a statement imo
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016