EV SOLO 2022 Tour

Comments

• DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    I look at it this way, if your like me and PJ/Ed is your go to, you need to go. Simple. We are all getting older, world is changing. I have the chance to see my favorite one more time, its a no brainier. A year from know the ticket price wont replace the memory. 
  • Given2FlyGiven2Fly Seattle Posts: 167
    Zod said:
    I put it for Night 2 Seattle tickets.  I'll get my wife to put in for night 1.  Fingers crossed.  Would love to see a show or two.

As for the prices.  Meh, I paid more to see GNR in Seattle 5 years ago, and to see the Stones in Seattle 2 years ago.   They're small venues, so I guess it makes a little sense?

I have been curious what was going to happen to ticket prices after artists haven't been able to tour for 2 years.
    Stop stealing my tickets Canadian. :)
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    tdawe said:
    It’s fine to be upset about the high ticket prices, especially if it puts the show out of your range. And it would be nice if they had 10C options at the lower price tiers - really not sure why they wouldn’t do that. 

But this is a limited tour in small venues with an “All Star” band. I’d hold off on a larger freak out until we see $200 fan club tickets for Pearl Jam arena shows.  
    This is about where I am with it.  I compared some other solo acts, at comparable venues, and they are all within the ballpark.  This is sort of the going rate at the moment.  

I would be upset if a full Pearl Jam ticket to Wrigley was $200 each.  Then again...as others posted...this is sort of the price we pay for streaming music killing album sales, and inflation, and venues losing money with the pandemic, etc. Not to mention, probably added insurance for the venues. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    So these tickets available to 10C members are just seats that 10C got first dibs on, but 10C members have no better odds of getting tickets than anyone else when the Verified Fan sale takes place, correct?  It's just one big lottery drawing? 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2021
    bbiggs said:
    So these tickets available to 10C members are just seats that 10C got first dibs on, but 10C members have no better odds of getting tickets than anyone else when the Verified Fan sale takes place, correct?  It's just one big lottery drawing? 
    Negative. The 10c is presale lottery (at least that's my understanding). Verified fan sales would be after tickets are distributed via 10c presale.
    bbiggs said:
    Negative. The 10c is presale lottery (at least that's my understanding). Verified fan sales would be after tickets are distributed via 10c presale.
    But the 10C seat allocation is a lottery, right?  Some win, some lose?

edited December 2021
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Yes, at least that's how I've understood it.
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

10-4.  Thanks bud.

• bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    where are you seeing the ticket costs??

PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited December 2021
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

10-4.  Thanks bud.

Did your respond from your cb radio?
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • The thing that hasn’t been discussed beyond the tix price is what this says about the state of the band.

Clearly Ed is restless and members of the band don’t want to go on the road. If not, why not just have PJ play a bunch of small venues for $250/ticket.

only other explanation is the all-star band members are suffering financially and Ed’s throwing them a bone and escaping domestic life for a bit.

Doesn’t bode well for a full May tour in my mind given the variant emergence. 
    "Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fuckin' quarter up here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck, you're blowin' it for fuckin' everybody. Hit me with a fuckin' quarter again and, fuck it, I'm outta here. We're all outta here. Fuck you, and if anyone sees someone throw fuckin' change right next to them, you have my permission to beat the fuckin' holy shit outta them."
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    PJ_Soul said:
    goblues82 said:
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    I put it for Night 2 Seattle tickets.  I'll get my wife to put in for night 1.  Fingers crossed.  Would love to see a show or two.

As for the prices.  Meh, I paid more to see GNR in Seattle 5 years ago, and to see the Stones in Seattle 2 years ago.   They're small venues, so I guess it makes a little sense?

I have been curious what was going to happen to ticket prices after artists haven't been able to tour for 2 years.
    Smaller venue bigger price makes sense to me. I think the average show here is like 3500 people if that. 
    … then play larger venues…

Larger venues don't suit an EV show at all.
    I had to change my mind about that after seeing him in Dublin. Absolutely electric.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Get_Right said:
    It is not an Ed solo show.  It is Ed and half the Chili Peppers in small venues and in large metro areas.  But I agree $250 a ticket is a bit steep. 
    I’d prefer just Ed

Were you at Ohana 1?  Something totally different from what we have seen before. Just when you think Ed has gotten soft he brings that band out and they killed it. It was raw rock n roll energy. I love the solo shows, but this was just something totally unexpected and new.  Not sure I would pay $250 to see it again, but at the time it was killer.
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    The thing that hasn’t been discussed beyond the tix price is what this says about the state of the band.

Clearly Ed is restless and members of the band don’t want to go on the road. If not, why not just have PJ play a bunch of small venues for $250/ticket.

only other explanation is the all-star band members are suffering financially and Ed’s throwing them a bone and escaping domestic life for a bit.

Doesn’t bode well for a full May tour in my mind given the variant emergence. 
    If Pearl Jam played a small theater it would be more then $250
  • Pricing tickets closer to market value squeezes the scalpers and puts more money in the band member's pockets.  With every tour announcement, tickets are more expensive and the same people complain about the prices.  Has there ever been an EV show that didn't sell out?  These shows will all sell out at the suggested prices which tells me the tickets are not over-priced no matter how little you guys hope to pay to get in.  
    Gorge
  • dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    edited December 2021
    dmbolp said:
    Put in for the 4 NYC and SEA shows, pairs, wife may bail on a show, so might be looking for seat buddies as we can only be confirmed for 1 SEA and NYC show, if any at all.
    OK, wife wouldn't appreciate these shows, so want to edit my selections to singles.  Do you just do the whole process over again?  Following the steps it looks like I restart with no requests?

And knowing we can't be confirmed for both shows of a 2 night stop (NYC & SEA) do you just put in for one, or does putting in for both double your chances of getting 1 of the shows?

Edit: Didn't get the confirmation email mentioned in the details, but able to client on the MY REQUESTS link, see my original request, and the ability to cancel it and do a new one.  And found the FAQs that cover cancelling/resubmitting a request

https://blog.ticketmaster.com/eddie-vedder-tour-2022/
    Post edited by dmbolp on
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

10-4.  Thanks bud.

Did your respond from your cb radio?
    Haha!  The good old CB...I wish I still had one of those things.  Over and out.  ;)

• jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    Elections have consequences.  Welcome to the world of inflation! 
  • Has there ever been an EV show that didn't sell out?  These shows will all sell out at the suggested prices which tells me the tickets are not over-priced no matter how little you guys hope to pay to get in.  
    Disgusting view to have.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • WesCWesC Posts: 92
    $250 a ticket and being forced to show health status AND wear a mask inside the venue? Hard pass on that BS.  I wonder if EV has to mask up? No, he's the singer and famous so he's exempt.  Will the rest of the band mask up? Doubt it. Can no one see the hypocrisy?
    The world has come undone...
    6/30/06 Milwaukee 8/23/09 Chicago 05/03/10 Kansas City 09/03/11 Alpine Valley 09/04/11 Alpine Valley 11/16/13 Oklahoma City
    11/19/13 Phoenix 11/29/13 Portland 10/03/14 St. Louis 10/17/14 Moline 10/19/14 St. Paul 04/26/16 Lexington 08/07/16 Boston
    08/22/16 Chicago 08/08/18 Seattle 08/10/18 Seattle 08/13/18 Missoula 08/18/18 Chicago
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    WesC said:
    $250 a ticket and being forced to show health status AND wear a mask inside the venue? Hard pass on that BS.  I wonder if EV has to mask up? No, he's the singer and famous so he's exempt.  Will the rest of the band mask up? Doubt it. Can no one see the hypocrisy?
    A big part of our problems now arise from the fact that a lot of the people who can easily plonk down $250 for a concert ticket have discovered that doing so doesn’t exempt them from public health requirements, and they’re fucking furious about it. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited December 2021
    PJ_Soul said:
    Zod said:

PJ_Soul said:
    I want to go for Seattle, and I had my finger hovering over the submit button with my requests..... and then I remembered that I could be subject to all kinds of problems trying to cross the border at that time. I'm not prepared to have to be tested or quarantined to make one of these shows, and who knows what the requirements might be in February. I feel like COVID is making it too risky for me to plan for this. And I'd be SO BUMMED that EV isn't hopping up to Vancouver, except if it even occurred to him, I'm sure he's concerned about the very same issues for him and his band and crew. Dammit.

As for the pricing... yep, that is STEEP. But he's still $100 cheaper than McCartney for decent seats, lol.
    Yah, I'm nervous about that part.  Right now from my understanding, you don't need a test to enter the US if your double vaxxed.  If your returning I don't think you need one if you were in the US for less than 72 hours.  If we took the ferry over and drove down on the Monday and back on the Wednesday that would only be 48 hours.  Just enough to bring back some US booze :)

Obviously things could change before then.  The fact we can flip the tickets on F2F should make it easy to dispose of tickets should something come up.   I'll have to make sure whatever hotel we book is refundable.

Yes, those are the rules now, and it would be perfect if the shows were now, lol. But indeed, I'm concerned about things changing, especially with this new mutated strain making new waves and creating new restrictions in many places. I understand taking the risk... I'm just not much of a gambler. Of course, it could go the other way, and everything could be easy peasy by then... but missing a show due to an abundance of caution sounds better to me than making out-of-country travel plans that could easily be ruined, plus non-transferable tickets, because of a pandemic. Apparently I'm sticking with home shows only for now!
    Where did you see no more tests to get into USA from Canada for short trips? I thought it was only return you didn’t need as long as you aren’t gone more than 72 hours?

It's both ways now for non-air travel crossings for 72 hour or less trips ... Literally just came into effect yesterday!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    Elections have consequences.  Welcome to the world of inflation! 
    ...go on...
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    tdawe said:
    WesC said:
    A big part of our problems now arise from the fact that a lot of the people who can easily plonk down $250 for a concert ticket have discovered that doing so doesn’t exempt them from public health requirements, and they’re fucking furious about it. 
    I by no means think that paying a fee for anything exempts me from anything at all.  I'm not that crazy.  I do think having a room full of vaccinated people or people who have tested negative and are still required to wear masks is one of the most insane concepts I've ever heard.  But I understand that's the new normal for the sheep.
    6/30/06 Milwaukee 8/23/09 Chicago 05/03/10 Kansas City 09/03/11 Alpine Valley 09/04/11 Alpine Valley 11/16/13 Oklahoma City
    11/19/13 Phoenix 11/29/13 Portland 10/03/14 St. Louis 10/17/14 Moline 10/19/14 St. Paul 04/26/16 Lexington 08/07/16 Boston
    08/22/16 Chicago 08/08/18 Seattle 08/10/18 Seattle 08/13/18 Missoula 08/18/18 Chicago
    edited December 2021
    Maybe I missed something. Where does it say anything about wearing masks inside the venue? No where I read.

Edit: If your referring to the language in the health section talking about what MAY be required, that is the norm for every single event post COVID that has these health requirements. I've been to 8 shows, all saying the same thing. 

Your reading it incorrectly. 
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    WesC said:
    tdawe said:
    WesC said:
    I by no means think that paying a fee for anything exempts me from anything at all.  I'm not that crazy.  I do think having a room full of vaccinated people or people who have tested negative and are still required to wear masks is one of the most insane concepts I've ever heard.  But I understand that's the new normal for the sheep.
    Breaking news! The world has rules! You need a shirt AND shoes to go in the supermarket. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Has there ever been an EV show that didn't sell out?  These shows will all sell out at the suggested prices which tells me the tickets are not over-priced no matter how little you guys hope to pay to get in.  
    Disgusting view to have.
    I'm disgusting as well. EV is the draw of this band. I love the sum of the parts of PJ as a group but he deserves what he can get and apparently we will pay it. If it turns out these shows don't sell out I will stand corrected.  They voluntarily set the price, we voluntarily decide to pay or not pay.  
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • But, but, WHY is Chad Smith playing drums?
  • jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 410
    did anyone receive this after requesting tix?   hours later and still nothing

For your records, we’ve sent you an email with a summary of your ticket request. If you can’t find the email, please search your inbox for the sender "Ticketstoday - a Ticketmaster Company" <tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com>

on2legs said:
    WesC said:
    tdawe said:
    WesC said:
    Breaking news! The world has rules! You need a shirt AND shoes to go in the supermarket. 
    Does everyone need a shirt and shoes to go to the supermarket? Because not everyone has to mask up where other people are required to.