Options

EV SOLO 2022 Tour

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    PJamminPJammin Posts: 572
    Did they not think the first would sell well? Come on. Why not just release all at once. Now for those who got night one can put in for night 2 correct?
    That is correct
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 644
    PJammin said:
    Did they not think the first would sell well? Come on. Why not just release all at once. Now for those who got night one can put in for night 2 correct?
    That is correct
    Incorrect.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    AW124797 said:
    PJammin said:
    That is correct
    Incorrect.
    where do you see this explained?
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    PJammin said:
    That is correct
    Incorrect.
    Not correct? Getting a ticket to night 1 makes you ineligible for night 2?!?!
  • Options
    PJammin said:
    AW124797 said:
    PJammin said:
    That is correct
    Incorrect.
    Not correct? Getting a ticket to night 1 makes you ineligible for night 2?!?!
    that is how the sale worked for NY and Sea, member could not win both nights.  however I do not see anything stating that is the case for chicago. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Hmmm
    Post edited by PJammin on
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551
    From the email
    Ticket Limits:
    We expect the demand for Eddie Vedder tickets to be overwhelming. These venues are small and we want to spread the love around to as many members as possible. There is a 2 ticket limit for this show. There is a limit of one show, for cities where there are two performance dates.  Members that already have Ten Club tickets to Night 1 of Chicago cannot be selected for Night 2. 

• Options
    PJammin said:
    Yeah....I got a night 1 ticket and had no issues submitting for night 2. 
    you will most likely see the identical show, maybe a different cover or something thrown in there.  
  • Options
    From the email
    Ticket Limits:
    We expect the demand for Eddie Vedder tickets to be overwhelming. These venues are small and we want to spread the love around to as many members as possible. There is a 2 ticket limit for this show. There is a limit of one show, for cities where there are two performance dates.  Members that already have Ten Club tickets to Night 1 of Chicago cannot be selected for Night 2. 

Thanks for this. I totally missed it. Be warned - you are able to submit for night 2 of chicago if having already won night 1. I went the safe route and cxld my night 2 request so not to lose the night 1 tix i've already obtained. Thanks for this. Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    edited December 2021
    You know what seems to get lost in this whole discussion? The fact that the band seems so proud of their "neutral" carbon footprint while on tour. However, one could easily argue that by effectively forcing a substantial percentage of fans to travel excessive distances to see PJ shows, their macro-level carbon footprint might actually be worse than other bands (i.e. - Stone Temple Pilots, Bush) that get around a lot more. I'm not saying -- I'm just saying. 

I bet those bands play the same songs with much of the same between-song banter.

Fans don't *have* to see 15 PJ shows per year to chase some rare song. They choose to. We know PJ is going to tour the USA *and* Europe next year...but watch a ton of Europeans come to the USA when the band is traveling 2-3 hours away from their hometown a few short weeks later.

How many other bands have websites and apps devoted entirely to "I'm one song away from an entire album" or "They've played this song 18 times since 2012 and they haven't played that song at all since 2003?"
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

What a clusterfuck.

I'd bet anything that N2 Chicago was in the works when the tour was originally announced. They announce "you can only win one show per city" for NYC and Seattle or whatever it was.

But now watch everyone who has other shows try for this show.

Unless they put HARD restrictions on who can buy this show, it'll essentially be a one-night tour when it comes to the drawing 
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 792
    edited December 2021

What a clusterfuck.

I'd bet anything that N2 Chicago was in the works when the tour was originally announced. They announce "you can only win one show per city" for NYC and Seattle or whatever it was.

But now watch everyone who has other shows try for this show.

Unless they put HARD restrictions on who can buy this show, it'll essentially be a one-night tour when it comes to the drawing 
    Oh absolutely... "we sold 80k tix over a weekend at wrigley multiple times... i'm not sure we can sell 7k tix to an intimate show and haven't really played in 4 years.." or Ed calls the Earthlings.. "you guys want another 20k each to play another night in Chicago?" 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,185
    Ed’s solo shows are similar but not identical. I am very thankful I went to DC 1 and 2 ‘08 and Baltimore 1 and 2 ‘09. I was talked out of doing both nights NY 2011 and still regret that. Tickets back then were $75 lol.

I still plan on going to both NY nights, if demand drops =) or if some ADA seats drop the morning of! That’s how I got my DC 2 ticket.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,098
    Oh my who would talk you out of doing it??
    Not a very nice person! ;)

OceansJenny said:
    Ed’s solo shows are similar but not identical. I am very thankful I went to DC 1 and 2 ‘08 and Baltimore 1 and 2 ‘09. I was talked out of doing both nights NY 2011 and still regret that. Tickets back then were $75 lol.

I still plan on going to both NY nights, if demand drops =) or if some ADA seats drop the morning of! That’s how I got my DC 2 ticket.

• Options
    pjbugs007 said:
    Oh my who would talk you out of doing it??
    Not a very nice person! ;)

OceansJenny said:

Ha! The boyfriend (now hubs). He said “isn’t once enough?” But he did wait with me after night 1 for Ed to come out, at some ungodly hour, after partying with Josh Brolin (who also flew out the Beacon doors hooting and hollering about something).

Also missed the Backspacer tour because it came through right during finals, and he said that “wasn’t the best idea” to go, but perhaps that was the right call there (also… Backspacer). But now he knows not to say no to any PJ shows. =) Two nights at Fenway showed him that yeah, the band is worth seeing back to back! Wish I could have converted him earlier.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Well at least you got him to join you on the multiple shows
    bandwagon! That’s all that matters! A keeper for sure!! Now he just needs to score a ticket for you for the Beacon!
  • Options
    pjbugs007 said:
    bandwagon! That’s all that matters! A keeper for sure!! Now he just needs to score a ticket for you for the Beacon!
    Absolutely! He says we’re going one way or another, so something will pull through. Even if it’s me standing outside the Beacon with a cardboard sign. =)
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    From the email
    Ticket Limits:

I missed this too.  Not an issue since I got shut out on 10C and VF for CHI1.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Lol perfect! I think it can happen!! Sorry I don’t have 2 extra tickets:) so far just 1 extra.. unless someone wants to offer me a night 2 ticket for a night 1. :)

pjbugs007 said:
    Absolutely! He says we’re going one way or another, so something will pull through. Even if it’s me standing outside the Beacon with a cardboard sign. =)
    pjbugs007 said:

• Options
    pjbugs007 said:
    Lol perfect! I think it can happen!! Sorry I don’t have 2 extra tickets:) so far just 1 extra.. unless someone wants to offer me a night 2 ticket for a night 1. :)

pjbugs007 said:
    pjbugs007 said:

Keep me in mind for the 1 if you can’t find a trade!