The elephant in the room....Covid and these Pearl Jam shows

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    davidos said:
    My COVID experience has been pretty humbling… I get it now. I’m healthy, in shape, etc. COVID is a nasty fucker… If you are going to Ohana and you are close enough to smell the people around you, then you are too close period. It will spread outdoors when you are that close. Unfortunately after not seeing my favorite band for 3 years I let the excitement get the best of me and tried to get as close as I could at SHN… it’s a small percentage, but breakthrough does happen. Just get a comfortable n95 and have fun. The whole PJ crew is wearing them so you won’t look like a loser…

I hope you recover quickly!

And I expect we will keep on lingering in the back this weekend, despite the excitement. I gave up on trying to be cool thirty years ago or so, LOL.
    It sounds great in the back too. Plus, you'll have more space to move around.
    I will be hanging back there. From the looks of the map, the bleachers aren't really that far back from the stage. I figure standing in front of them or bit closer is going to be close enough. Definitely not like the pictures I saw of SHN where the crowd just kept extending back and back down the beach. 
    Yup, the bleachers are closer than I thought they'd be. We sat there for a bit on Saturday and the sound was great. Plus, you can see the stage and the giant screens.
    As it got more crowded as the day/night went on, was there still room to move around closer to the back of the standing area? 
    Yup
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    davidos said:
    My COVID experience has been pretty humbling… I get it now. I’m healthy, in shape, etc. COVID is a nasty fucker… If you are going to Ohana and you are close enough to smell the people around you, then you are too close period. It will spread outdoors when you are that close. Unfortunately after not seeing my favorite band for 3 years I let the excitement get the best of me and tried to get as close as I could at SHN… it’s a small percentage, but breakthrough does happen. Just get a comfortable n95 and have fun. The whole PJ crew is wearing them so you won’t look like a loser…

And I expect we will keep on lingering in the back this weekend, despite the excitement. I gave up on trying to be cool thirty years ago or so, LOL.
    I will be hanging back there. From the looks of the map, the bleachers aren't really that far back from the stage. I figure standing in front of them or bit closer is going to be close enough. Definitely not like the pictures I saw of SHN where the crowd just kept extending back and back down the beach. 
    Yup, the bleachers are closer than I thought they'd be. We sat there for a bit on Saturday and the sound was great. Plus, you can see the stage and the giant screens.
    As it got more crowded as the day/night went on, was there still room to move around closer to the back of the standing area? 
    Yup
    Good to know, I’m likely dropping back after last weekend’s slightly-anxiety-inducing days of holding a spot.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    tschav said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    davidos said:

Yup
    Good to know, I’m likely dropping back after last weekend’s slightly-anxiety-inducing days of holding a spot.
    We went pretty early for all 3 days and saw the opening bands. We'd start out close, then just move back as the day went on.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    davidos said:

Yup
    Thanks, I am not sure I want to be packed in with people for hours just yet. Standing near the back with some elbow room will be more in my comfort zone. Plus I won't have to worry about having to save a spot and get back to it every time I need to use the bathroom or grab something to eat. 
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,254
    We probably will be back by the picnic tables again. I'll be the woman who looks like she's dressed for weather 20 degrees colder than it actually is, and my husband will be singing -- very badly. ;-)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.