Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,169
    nicknyr15 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    At this point what is the objective of canceling anything? It won’t stop the spread or lessen the cases. It won’t convince people after a year to get vaccinated. It’s really just theater. 
    Yup. Time to move on with life. Covid isn’t going anywhere. Have to learn to live with it. Stop the charade. 
    Almost two years. No one is learning to live with it. This year was worse than last year somehow with 3 vaccines , boosters galore, doses for children etc… more deaths. More cases. It’s never ending. “No one saw this coming”. Really? We’ve been warned about variants for the past year. No one saw this coming? Ok. 
    I’ll say this and then I’m done talking about stupid fucking Covid in here. Why is the major focus not on TREATMENTS!  Most focus for two years now has been prevention. Two weeks to slow the spread is now two years. Prevention isn’t fucking working. The focus needs to be shifted to how to better treat Covid. The end. Not gonna get into further discussion in what’s supposed to be a fun tour rumor thread. 

TREATMENTS are exactly why we have so many cancellations. Covid is not nearly as deadly as cancer, but yet much more difficult to treat if you are one of the unlucky ones that gets a bad case. A bad form of cancer and the patient could be expected to be coherent for two years or more, Covid…ten days. The drug cos are scrambling with new medications, hopefully they will be available within a few months.

Not getting vaccinated is a giant middle finger to the hospital workers struggling for two years to save lives. The vaccines work by a factor of 1400% to keep people out of the hospital and die yet so many refuse it. If we are not in this fight together not sure why anyone would feel entitled to get together publicly to celebrate live music.
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,095
    Merry Christmas!
    Horse Christmas GIF - Horse Christmas Xmas - Discover amp Share GIFs

Dessert Marshmallow GIFs  Tenor
    It's a Marshmallow World in the winter!
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    Go Animal said:
    Merry Christmas!
    Horse Christmas GIF - Horse Christmas Xmas - Discover amp Share GIFs

Dessert Marshmallow GIFs  Tenor
    It's a Marshmallow World in the winter!
    Awesome! Love You Pearl Jam, & all you Ten Club Staff & members! 
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 824
    nicknyr15 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    At this point what is the objective of canceling anything? It won’t stop the spread or lessen the cases. It won’t convince people after a year to get vaccinated. It’s really just theater. 
    Yup. Time to move on with life. Covid isn’t going anywhere. Have to learn to live with it. Stop the charade. 
    Almost two years. No one is learning to live with it. This year was worse than last year somehow with 3 vaccines , boosters galore, doses for children etc… more deaths. More cases. It’s never ending. “No one saw this coming”. Really? We’ve been warned about variants for the past year. No one saw this coming? Ok. 
    I’ll say this and then I’m done talking about stupid fucking Covid in here. Why is the major focus not on TREATMENTS!  Most focus for two years now has been prevention. Two weeks to slow the spread is now two years. Prevention isn’t fucking working. The focus needs to be shifted to how to better treat Covid. The end. Not gonna get into further discussion in what’s supposed to be a fun tour rumor thread. 

TREATMENTS are exactly why we have so many cancellations. Covid is not nearly as deadly as cancer, but yet much more difficult to treat if you are one of the unlucky ones that gets a bad case. A bad form of cancer and the patient could be expected to be coherent for two years or more, Covid…ten days. The drug cos are scrambling with new medications, hopefully they will be available within a few months.

Not getting vaccinated is a giant middle finger to the hospital workers struggling for two years to save lives. The vaccines work by a factor of 1400% to keep people out of the hospital and die yet so many refuse it. If we are not in this fight together not sure why anyone would feel entitled to get together publicly to celebrate live music.
    Come on man...getting vaccinated and mask usage should be a choice and you all know it (even if you don't admit it).

Before your holier than thou replies, read this latest peach of a story that should really end the vax debate for all sane people.  If you don't want to click it, the title is, "U.S. Navy warship remains in port after COVID-19 breaks out among '100% immunized' crew."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/u-s-navy-warship-remains-port-after-covid-19-breaks-out-among-100-immunized-crew

The cases are skyrocketing because of fear tactics.  For most the omicron is nothing more than the common cold or a mild flu.  Time to do away with mask, vax, and testing mandates and live our lives.  
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,488
    While we’re at it, let’s get rid of speed limits, child labor laws, and building/construction codes. It’s time to live our lives!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,959
    nicknyr15 said:
    ComeToTX said:

Come on man...getting vaccinated and mask usage should be a choice and you all know it (even if you don't admit it).

Before your holier than thou replies, read this latest peach of a story that should really end the vax debate for all sane people.  If you don't want to click it, the title is, "U.S. Navy warship remains in port after COVID-19 breaks out among '100% immunized' crew."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/u-s-navy-warship-remains-port-after-covid-19-breaks-out-among-100-immunized-crew

The cases are skyrocketing because of fear tactics.  For most the omicron is nothing more than the common cold or a mild flu.  Time to do away with mask, vax, and testing mandates and live our lives.  
    It says SOME sailors on board got Covid and most had mild symptoms which shows the vaccine is working.    RIF bro.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,615
    Yes, let’s get rid of vax mandates which have existed in this country since George Washington. GMAFB. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,003
    edited December 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    ComeToTX said:

Not sure if this counts as a “holier than thou reply”, but I think you should try to show your work a little bit more regarding how you get from “vaccines are not 100% effective at preventing infection” to “getting vaccinated and mask usage should be a choice.”

Not saying you have to or should do it here (and definitely not saying that I want you to), but maybe just to yourself in your own mind, try to really connect the dots on those two points. 
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,220
    Don’t look up.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,545
    Don’t look up.
    We watched it yesterday, and yep.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,344
    nicknyr15 said:
    ComeToTX said:

Fox go ahead keep spewing your nonsense and go ahead do away with your mask don’t get vaccinated and don’t get tested it’s all your choice! No one is preventing you from acting like a spoiled American! Happy new year 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,063
    Let's get back to tour rumors 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,935
    hihobibo said:
    Hopefully we are a couple of weeks away from knowing all of 2022. Doubtful and wishful thinking but really hoping they announce it all together to make planning easier. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,813
    PJNB said:
    hihobibo said:
    Hopefully we are a couple of weeks away from knowing all of 2022. Doubtful and wishful thinking but really hoping they announce it all together to make planning easier. 
    Tuesday January 25th we get the reschedule announcement.   That’s my prediction. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,095
    on2legs said:
    While we’re at it, let’s get rid of speed limits, child labor laws, and building/construction codes. It’s time to live our lives!
    I chuckled, and then raised my brow when I realized the GOP would dump all of that if that if they could...
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,891
    Go Animal said:
    on2legs said:
    I chuckled, and then raised my brow when I realized the GOP would dump all of that if that if they could...
    Same!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,054
    This thread has derailed. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Do we get a January announcement for rescheduled dates?  2022 is upon us.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t hear about dates until March. “Early next year” can still mean June in the Pearl Jam world. Besides the November rumor, I just find it crazy that we have no inside info for the first time in forever. 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,639
    edited December 2021
    CDC just decreased recommended quarantine time from 10 to 5 days after testing positive for COVID

Side note - Monday January 24th is my prediction for the announcement of the May 2022 tour

Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,488

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 931
    CDC just decreased recommended quarantine time from 10 to 5 days after testing positive for COVID

Side note - Monday January 24th is my prediction for the announcement of the May 2022 tour

bingo! now what is the news going to do to try and scare everyone? Science showing the truth, not the fear mongers. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,639
    edited December 2021
    Pretty big implications for the touring industry (and really all industries) now that any positives for band, crew etc just got their quarantine time cut in half 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,294
    JojoRice said:
    yep. it's embarrassing
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,916
    JojoRice said:
    Well there are never any real rumors in these threads anyway lol
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 241
    I hope we get these soon. Flights from Seattle to Oakland are super cheap right now.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,916
    DEGBTI said:

bingo! now what is the news going to do to try and scare everyone? Science showing the truth, not the fear mongers. 
    I know several doctors who disagree with the CDC. It’s not just the media. 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,220
    Don’t look up.
    We watched it yesterday, and yep.
    Adam McKay has become my favorite director with that film. Stepbrother,The Big Short,Vice. The list goes on. 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,524
    Any more rumors with Pearl Jam playing the September festival in southern Connecticut since they are friends with Jim Koplik, the promoter?
  • Options
    DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 241
    Any more rumors with Pearl Jam playing the September festival in southern Connecticut since they are friends with Jim Koplik, the promoter?

That looks like it's probably the same weekend as Ohana, so it seems unlikely.