Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,833
    I’m actually a little nervous about these mandates here in NYC. Garbage hasn’t been picked up in a week in certain neighborhoods, including mine. And we can’t afford to lose cops and firefighters in this city. 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited October 2021
    I've registered my 7 year old for the vaccine. He will be getting it as soon as it's available. No hesitation. He will be helping protect his friends, family and community.

Once the vaccine is readily available for his age group, I believe those kids should be held to the same vaccine mandates as everyone else.

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,135
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’m actually a little nervous about these mandates here in NYC. Garbage hasn’t been picked up in a week in certain neighborhoods, including mine. And we can’t afford to lose cops and firefighters in this city. 
    That's right.  That's why they should be for the vaccine.  

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-police-officers-leading-cause-death/

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,135
    If you "back the blue" - you should get the vaccine too
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Exactly....what part of "protect and serve" do these idiots not understand?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    Agreed, I would think good cops will be lining up to get vaccinated. It’s what’s best for the community. That’s why I got it. 
  • Options
    Agreed, I would think good cops will be lining up to get vaccinated. It’s what’s best for the community. That’s why I got it. 
    That is what happens when tRumpsters infiltrate leadership positions. 

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,683
    dignin said:
    I've registered my 7 year old for the vaccine. He will be getting it as soon as it's available. No hesitation. He will be helping protect his friends, family and community.

Once the vaccine is readily available for his age group, I believe those kids should be held to the same vaccine mandates as everyone else.

Thank you for contributing to a greater pool of data, which many parents of the young are waiting for. 

Case counts in my province-region don't merit it currently, but we'll see how things progress and what the next set of data reveals.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,835
    Kids have to wear covid masks outside instead of halloween masks in my area for the 31st.. Also parents have to wear them outside too even just standing on the street. My kids are not allowed to go trick or treating with friends or family members not in our household either. So if they see a classmate or a cousin out trick or treating I have to explain to them yes you can sit on the bus with them yes you can play in the playground with them but sorry you can't go door to door with them cause well I dont have a good reason sorry kiddos. 

They had me at the start of this pandemic but my care for what the province is pushing now is severely dropping. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,563
    Its not infect and serve?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    PJNB said:
    Kids have to wear covid masks outside instead of halloween masks in my area for the 31st.. Also parents have to wear them outside too even just standing on the street. My kids are not allowed to go trick or treating with friends or family members not in our household either. So if they see a classmate or a cousin out trick or treating I have to explain to them yes you can sit on the bus with them yes you can play in the playground with them but sorry you can't go door to door with them cause well I dont have a good reason sorry kiddos. 

They had me at the start of this pandemic but my care for what the province is pushing now is severely dropping. 
    That's dumb.  Really dumb
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,664
    One of the largest companies we deal with just mandated that all contractors working in the field for them (thousands) must be fully vaxxed.
    $10B company, not a lightweight.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    One of the largest companies we deal with just mandated that all contractors working in the field for them (thousands) must be fully vaxxed.
    BJ’s? Costco? Wally Marts? 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,664
    BJ’s? Costco? Wally Marts? 
    Not a retailer, in this case, a reseller.  I won't share their name but they sell some items to most all large companies in the US.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    PJNB said:

over the course of this pandemic there has been some real noodle scratchers, as Ned Flanders would say. this is one of them. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,056
    edited October 2021
    You are lucky we have zero restrictions and look how well it's going  trick or treat here is going to be deadly 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    You are lucky we have zero restrictions and look how well it's going  trick or treat here is going to be deadly 
    as long as we don't have parents spraying sanitizer all over the candy, it's an outdoor activity. i think it will be fine. even in problem areas. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Respectfully disagree. There was no restrictions last year here and we had zero issues related to trick or treating and cases. 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,683
    ^^I'm glad they're trying to get you to the other side of that peak. I thought I read parts of NB can't socialize beyond the house? 

Last year we didn't know what we could here. Parents were gonna Halloween candy hunt with flashlights in our homes. We did an outdoor scare walk. I'm so proud of my kid. 2 of her friends cried. When Pipsqeak told me she peed herself a little, I thought it was because she, too, was afraid. Nope she pissed herself laughing at them. 

Enjoy the kiddos this year, PJNB!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Respectfully disagree. There was no restrictions last year here and we had zero issues related to trick or treating and cases. 
    We are near 100.000 cases a day very high cases going door to door is stupid here.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    tish said:
    ^^I'm glad they're trying to get you to the other side of that peak. I thought I read parts of NB can't socialize beyond the house? 

Last year we didn't know what we could here. Parents were gonna Halloween candy hunt with flashlights in our homes. We did an outdoor scare walk. I'm so proud of my kid. 2 of her friends cried. When Pipsqeak told me she peed herself a little, I thought it was because she, too, was afraid. Nope she pissed herself laughing at them. 

Enjoy the kiddos this year, PJNB!

Will do! Hope all is good with you guys as well. That is awesome with the outdoor scare walk. My kids would not be into that yet but look forward to when they do. 

• Options

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,912

had KISS just stayed the fuck home or retired after any one of their other last tour forever tours , this man might still be alive.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,763
    This didn't help:
    " ...the band reveals that workers concealed sickness and even faked vaccine cards in some cases."

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,912
    brianlux said:
    This didn't help:
    " ...the band reveals that workers concealed sickness and even faked vaccine cards in some cases."

which could have been made known with testing..... before and during the tour.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    "But guys, Pearl Jam is so negative for not touring.  They should be playing all over, everyone else is."
    blahblahblahblah

/s

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,833
    "But guys, Pearl Jam is so negative for not touring.  They should be playing all over, everyone else is."
    blahblahblahblah

/s

Fuck kiss, but in all fairness, plenty if not most bands have returned to touring in a responsible and safe way. 
  • Options
    I'm going to see Silversun Pickups in Indy next week. The venue requires proof of vax or negative test and mask wearing inside.

It's amazing to see people still bitching about that.

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I'm going to see Silversun Pickups in Indy next week. The venue requires proof of vax or negative test and mask wearing inside.

Are you really surprised?  People are tired of it all, and it is likely that where we are now as a country is as good as it gets with covid unless it goes away.   We can't solve guns, underfunding of education, misinformation, the environment, equal rights, voting rights etc, but somehow more is expected when it comes to dealing with a virus?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,763

For sure.  And not just for shows.  Everywhere.  Parents encouraging their kids to walk out of school in protest.  People not wearing masks in grocery stores. And on and on.  More freedumb in the Land of the Free Dumb.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This discussion has been closed.