Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,750
    I'm good. Thanks.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    So, anti mask, rail against covid protection policies, catch covid, end up in critical care in the hospital and start a gofundme to pay for your hospital bills? Freedumb. ‘Murica style.

https://apple.news/AutSUTMbwTUi1wklbQU4xTQ
    I think it's time for insurance companies to be able to deny claims or at the very least start charging non-vaccinated people a surcharge...like they do smokers and like other insurance does (life) based on risk.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    edited August 2021
    What a poorly written article. 

"At the very least, the results of the study are good news for patients who have already successfully battled COVID but show the challenge of relying exclusively on immunizations to move past the pandemic."

The bad news is the 4M deaths it took to get there I guess. Also no where does it talk about how well the vaccines are for protecting you against the Delta right now vs if you never had covid yet. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
    PJNB said:

"At the very least, the results of the study are good news for patients who have already successfully battled COVID but show the challenge of relying exclusively on immunizations to move past the pandemic."

The bad news is the 4M deaths it took to get there I guess. Also no where does it talk about how well the vaccines are for protecting you against the Delta right now vs if you never had covid yet. 
    This is still important in relation to who should get shots though right?  And if those people don't need shots, they can be distributed to other areas/other people?
    hippiemom = goodness
    PJNB said:

well it IS written by the figment of imagination of a fictional character...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited August 2021
    PJNB said:

This is still important in relation to who should get shots though right?  And if those people don't need shots, they can be distributed to other areas/other people?
    Who needs the shot still and is looking for them? Are we talking outside of North America here? That is a whole other story if that is what you are talking about. Boosters being planned 6-8months past your first shot for the immunocompromised or whoever else wants it in the US tells me that they are more interested in protecting what is theirs vs the rest of the world. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
    I am all for more information and guidance given to those that had Corona already to be given out. To act like natural herd immunity vs vaccinations is and was the way to go as that article ridiculously tries to push is garbage however. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    There's nothing that indicates this is peer reviewed or the credentials of the study. You don't make public policy from a random study out of Israel.  If this is credible,  then cincy is right saying you may slightly adjust vaccination usage based on how long ago someone had covid,  but to conclude that herd immunity is now the way to go is pure idiocy and a wilful misreading.
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Who needs shot still and is looking for them? Are we talking outside of North America here? That is a whole other story if that is what you are talking about. Boosters being planned 6-8months past your first shot for the immunocompromised or whoever else wants it in the US tells me that they are more interested in protecting what is theirs vs the rest of the world. 
    Yes I am talking about worldwide.  If people really don't need shots, they should be used elsewhere.

Look, right up until this study I've been nothing but a proponent of everyone getting the shots and the boosters.  But if this is true, it might change that rollout a little.  Still need vaccines for those who have not had it, cause getting Covid and risking a bad outcome just to get anti-bodies is a pretty dumb choice imo.

And yes I saw Tyler Durden wrote that...so I searched to find it elsewhere. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Who needs shot still and is looking for them? Are we talking outside of North America here? That is a whole other story if that is what you are talking about. Boosters being planned 6-8months past your first shot for the immunocompromised or whoever else wants it in the US tells me that they are more interested in protecting what is theirs vs the rest of the world. 
    Yes I am talking about worldwide.  If people really don't need shots, they should be used elsewhere.

Look, right up until this study I've been nothing but a proponent of everyone getting the shots and the boosters.  But if this is true, it might change that rollout a little.  Still need vaccines for those who have not had it, cause getting Covid and risking a bad outcome just to get anti-bodies is a pretty dumb choice imo.

And yes I saw Tyler Durden wrote that...so I searched to find it elsewhere. ;)
    I agree with that but that is not the direction the US is taking right now. Countries need the vaccine will not be getting it ahead of the boosters being given out. 

If you caught covid and are either against the vaccine or think that the vaccine will go to someone in a 3rd world country that has no access to it yet then ya maybe pass on it but that is not the way it will work over here. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    So, anti mask, rail against covid protection policies, catch covid, end up in critical care in the hospital and start a gofundme to pay for your hospital bills? Freedumb. ‘Murica style.

I think it's time for insurance companies to be able to deny claims or at the very least start charging non-vaccinated people a surcharge...like they do smokers and like other insurance does (life) based on risk.
    Seeing who gets to live or die?

No way.  That is crazy talk.

No, just who is paying for it.  You against the surcharge as well?  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076

Yes.  No surcharge.  That's crazy.  Doing things like that can become elitist real quick.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,301
    Anyone at that Kanye super spreader last night? 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,304
    nicknyr15 said:
    I heard the Kardashians were there with Kimmy wearing a wedding dress in a desperate plea for him to take her back.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • nicknyr15 said:
    i'd rather get covid on my own than go to that, thank you.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    mrussel1 said:
    There's nothing that indicates this is peer reviewed or the credentials of the study. You don't make public policy from a random study out of Israel.  If this is credible,  then cincy is right saying you may slightly adjust vaccination usage based on how long ago someone had covid,  but to conclude that herd immunity is now the way to go is pure idiocy and a wilful misreading.
    Oh yeah I agree with this.  Just some new info that might mean you need to shift strategy.  And certainly, just allowing people to get it and hoping they don't get really sick or die is certainly not the path to follow.

But it would also seem that hitting the required % through vaccines and people who have had covid might actually be doable?  though I've seen lots of different numbers for that and with the variants I do not know how that works tbh
    hippiemom = goodness

Yes.  No surcharge.  That's crazy.  Doing things like that can become elitist real quick.
    Not sure I get "elitist".  There are certain things that raise the risk.  Insurance doesn't like risk.  Thus having to disclose if you smoke and pay a premium on your insurance.  And thus getting a health exam for life insurance.  

I understand your point of view and why it would be potentially controversial...but they are literally doing nothing and letting others pay for it...seems like just the stuff most of them complain about regarding welfare, etc.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • some of those that work forces
    want the paste that's for horses

-rage against the vaccine
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    I wondered about this ....

COVID vaccination site opens at Dulles for arriving Afghans
    By AAMER MADHANI
    2 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. government has opened a mass COVID-19 vaccination site for arriving Afghans near Dulles International Airport, where some of the thousands fleeing the Taliban are now arriving daily.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki on Friday confirmed that the site — which was set up by the Federal Emergency Management Agency — has begun administering vaccinations to the Afghan evacuees. A second mass vaccination site is expected open in the coming days for evacuees who will be arriving at the Philadelphia International Airport, according to a senior administration official who was not authorized to comment and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The White House announced earlier this week that it was working to provide vaccinations to medically eligible evacuees upon arrival in the U.S.

Biden administration officials were intent on making sure that evacuees are vaccinated as soon as possible after arriving in the country and decided that the most efficient way to do so was to set up a vaccination site at Dulles Expo Center, where many of the arriving evacuees are receiving medical screenings and being temporarily housed before being transferred to military bases in New Jersey, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Texas.

continues....

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    mickeyrat said:

By AAMER MADHANI
    2 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. government has opened a mass COVID-19 vaccination site for arriving Afghans near Dulles International Airport, where some of the thousands fleeing the Taliban are now arriving daily.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki on Friday confirmed that the site — which was set up by the Federal Emergency Management Agency — has begun administering vaccinations to the Afghan evacuees. A second mass vaccination site is expected open in the coming days for evacuees who will be arriving at the Philadelphia International Airport, according to a senior administration official who was not authorized to comment and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The White House announced earlier this week that it was working to provide vaccinations to medically eligible evacuees upon arrival in the U.S.

Biden administration officials were intent on making sure that evacuees are vaccinated as soon as possible after arriving in the country and decided that the most efficient way to do so was to set up a vaccination site at Dulles Expo Center, where many of the arriving evacuees are receiving medical screenings and being temporarily housed before being transferred to military bases in New Jersey, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Texas.

continues....

I love this….wonder how many of our (possibly citizens someday) visitors will refuse the vaccine??? 
    mickeyrat said:

By AAMER MADHANI
    2 hours ago

continues....

I love this….wonder how many of our (possibly citizens someday) visitors will refuse the vaccine??? 

article said its a condition for entry. using the j and j....

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

By AAMER MADHANI
    2 hours ago

continues....

article said its a condition for entry. using the j and j....
    Well that’s even better, thanks 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    mrussel1 said:
    he was. he pulled out at the last minute 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524

This dudes last post was to blame Biden for letting immigrants in with covid.  MAGA!

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    Smellyman said:

This dudes last post was to blame Biden for letting immigrants in with covid.  MAGA!

fucking moron. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 412
    that reddit forum as well as insane people of facebook are amazing
This discussion has been closed.