Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,933
    Smellyman said:
    Does anybody here that is vaccinated (which seems to be everyone based on that poll I posted a week or two ago) actually ask others if they are or aren't vaccinated? For example, your friend invites you over and there's a few people there you don't know. Are you concerned with whether or not they're vaccinated? Or are you asking the friend if there's going to be non-vaccinated people there before you even decided on attending? One of the primary reasons I got vaccinated was so I wouldn't have to be bothered with that stuff. 

Sure I do.  I want to know if they are a mouth breathing moron or not
    Yes I ask.  Too many children around that can’t get vaccinated and with breakthrough cases/new variant no one is really 100% safe. My sister-in-law said she won’t get the booster shot so I told her I wouldn’t be seeing her probably for a very long time.  I don’t believe it’s intrusive to ask.  Wouldn’t you want to know if this was a plague or Ebola? When it comes to pandemics I don’t think prevention should be a choice.  

If you can still get it vaccinated or not, I don't see the difference in hanging out with someone whom is or isn't vaccinated.
    Well in my case all the little relatives are under 12 so not vaccinated.  There’s a reason they’re telling us to get boosters which tells me if you don’t you have a higher chance of being reinfected/having a breakthrough.  I guess instead of giving us mega doses to begin with better to be safe than sorry and give booster later if needed.  IDK. This is a first go round for this disease which is why it should be taken more seriously and those trying to save all of us should be cut some slack. We have no clue what’s next so how can they. 
    Yes, this is so important to remember. The guidance changed as scientists gained a better understanding of the novel (new!) virus. Remember wiping down packages and groceries?

We get a flu shot annually -- as I think I mentioned before, I missed one year out of the last thirty or so, and ended up regretting it. So I will not be surprised if a covid shot is needed annually for a while, until the virus evolves into something more benign like a cold or immunity is better understood, or established, or whatever.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,933
    I haven't yet had to ask people if they're vaccinated; the people I know, be they friends or hairstylists, etc., tend to volunteer that they're fully vaccinated. We probably will ask, though, before going to any large holiday gatherings with extended family. I don't really feel weird about the idea of asking, for some reason, despite privacy issues. I am very upfront about being vaccinated, as I want to put others at ease. I figure people either will say, "Oh, yes, so are we!" or they'll demur or start talking about microchips/ wanting to see more proof.

But we have an immunocompromised family member and many older friends, so maybe that's why we are not hesitant to broach the subject. I'd hate to be responsible for getting someone else sick, and that's a higher priority for me than risking making someone uncomfortable by asking about their vaccination status.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,750

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited August 2021
    BC announced this week that there will be vaccination passports for all BC residents. They will have to be presented for anyone to access many public places, such as restaurants, ticketed events, gyms, all post-secondary student residences and sports, etc, etc. Stores/malls will still be excluded (unfortunately). After this announcement, the numbers for people scheduling to get the vaccine spiked dramatically.
    Along with this announcement, masks in indoor public spaces became mandatory again, province-wide, and all kids 10 and older (I think that was the age?) will have to wear masks in school.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,176
    https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1430847759964385285?s=21
    So what ever ground we made up is all but gone if we are worse off than last August? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    Smellyman said:
    Does anybody here that is vaccinated (which seems to be everyone based on that poll I posted a week or two ago) actually ask others if they are or aren't vaccinated? For example, your friend invites you over and there's a few people there you don't know. Are you concerned with whether or not they're vaccinated? Or are you asking the friend if there's going to be non-vaccinated people there before you even decided on attending? One of the primary reasons I got vaccinated was so I wouldn't have to be bothered with that stuff. 

Sure I do.  I want to know if they are a mouth breathing moron or not
    Yes I ask.  Too many children around that can’t get vaccinated and with breakthrough cases/new variant no one is really 100% safe. My sister-in-law said she won’t get the booster shot so I told her I wouldn’t be seeing her probably for a very long time.  I don’t believe it’s intrusive to ask.  Wouldn’t you want to know if this was a plague or Ebola? When it comes to pandemics I don’t think prevention should be a choice.  

If you can still get it vaccinated or not, I don't see the difference in hanging out with someone whom is or isn't vaccinated.
    Well in my case all the little relatives are under 12 so not vaccinated.  There’s a reason they’re telling us to get boosters which tells me if you don’t you have a higher chance of being reinfected/having a breakthrough.  I guess instead of giving us mega doses to begin with better to be safe than sorry and give booster later if needed.  IDK. This is a first go round for this disease which is why it should be taken more seriously and those trying to save all of us should be cut some slack. We have no clue what’s next so how can they. 
    I heard this discussed on the news yesterday about  doses and long term effectiveness.  They now have data to back it up.
    Moderna stayed 67% effective and Pfizer 74% after 6 months.  That is still pretty damn good numbers.
    https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/covid-jab-protection-wanes-within-six-months-uk-researchers-2021-08-25/

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    So what ever ground we made up is all but gone if we are worse off than last August? 
    Well, the delta is worse. Imagine it without vaccines.
    hippiemom = goodness
    No doubt scary crap it just sucks! 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    It sure does. I’m very thankful for the vaccines. 

It’s not going away, best we can hope for is it settles into a normal flu season pattern…..
    hippiemom = goodness
    It sure does. I’m very thankful for the vaccines. 

It’s not going away, best we can hope for is it settles into a normal flu season pattern…..
    Yes me too i agree! 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,495
    I was trying  to say its worse on here months ago and people called me a scaremonger
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,750
    I was trying  to say its worse on here months ago and people called me a scaremonger
    you had front row seat to what came here. several times.....

thank you for telling what you know.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • i see sturgis rally is a superspreader event... areas of south dakota have seen a 1500% rise in cases the last two weeks.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    i see sturgis rally is a superspreader event... areas of south dakota have seen a 1500% rise in cases the last two weeks.
    You don't say....
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426

Vaccine works. We are extremely lucky here. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    PJNB said:

It's not luck.  We have a higher percentage of stupid people than you. 
    mrussel1 said:
    PJNB said:

It's not luck.  We have a higher percentage of stupid people than you. 
    I am from Canada and meant here in general not just the UK. 

The US is such a big country in population and land wise. It is unfortunate how politicized the vaccine has become and certain states are really paying for it right now. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    i see sturgis rally is a superspreader event... areas of south dakota have seen a 1500% rise in cases the last two weeks.
    There will be an abundance of used Harleys on the market soon...

PJNB said:

Maybe it was masks?  July 4th was when masks were no longer mandatory.  That is when the increase in deaths started to rise here in the US.
    PJNB said:

Maybe it was masks?  July 4th was when masks were no longer mandatory.  That is when the increase in deaths started to rise here in the US.
    Maybe masks play a role but I think it is a direct correlation to vaccination numbers per state. There is no surprise that the most vaccinated states are not seeing a huge rise in deaths ( a rise but nothing with the same ratio per case before) compared to the bottom 5 vaccinated states. 
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Maybe masks play a role but I think it is a direct correlation to vaccination numbers per state. There is no surprise that the most vaccinated states are not seeing a huge rise in deaths ( a rise but nothing with the same ratio per case before) compared to the bottom 5 vaccinated states. 
    Of course but I don't think it's a coincidence that when we started wearing masks deaths went down and when we took them off deaths went back up.

I also wonder how much hygiene has declined since July.

These are things I ponder...
    dankind said:
    You don't say....
    Well we all know nothing comes between bikers and their rally! Freedum & 2A can’t touch it..
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Of course but I don't think it's a coincidence that when we started wearing masks deaths went down and when we took them off deaths went back up.

I also wonder how much hygiene has declined since July.

These are things I ponder...
    True but the states that are having the most trouble right now and carrying this 4th wave on their shoulders are states that have some of the lowest vaccinated numbers along with the weakest implemented covid restrictions including masks. No matter what the CDC said about masks being off and masks back on these states did not change a thing and this 4th wave would of been happening no matter what the guidance was.  Also these states that are having issues at the moment are known to have waves in the summer with more people indoors out of the heat. That goes back to your masks not being worn being a potential issue of course.  
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,495
    Masks 
     Yes  from  me
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    I was afraid this was coming. :(

Falling down,...not staying down
  • this is just a global tragedy.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    Kat said:
    I never even thought about this.  This thing hurts so many at so many levels. 
    edited August 2021
    Kat said:
    I never even thought about this.  This thing hurts so many at so many levels. 
    Dental care as well has taken a huge hit. I know not the same degree as vaccines but lots of families we know kids are having teeth issues after taking a year and a half off. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,304
    So, anti mask, rail against covid protection policies, catch covid, end up in critical care in the hospital and start a gofundme to pay for your hospital bills? Freedumb. ‘Murica style.

https://apple.news/AutSUTMbwTUi1wklbQU4xTQ
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.