Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,177
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    Its not really i feel  ok about it. But i feel  like  no choice. On the scale of life. I have 4 kids and  dont  like how the  present and future looks
    Sorry my post was not meant to be your wrong and I am right with our ways of thinking but to say you are ok never seeing a live show again is a long ass time. 
    No its cool i understand. Its hard to think  about  gigs atm. Im very lucky to say ive seen them  over 40 times all over the world and thats enough  for me.  Ive got memories ive got shit. Haha. 
     I hope all that get to go love every minute
    I’ll be 61 in two weeks! Seen PJ over 40 times & I’ve attended at least 400 to 500 shows from other bands ! I’m ok with my stance! Looking forward to retirement 
    Happy early birthday! Too young to retire from shows Jose!!! Hahaha.  I sure hope one day you will feel
    comfortable going back. 
    Thanks! I’m happy to be alive and if that day arrives when I can feel comfortable being in large crowds I will give it a go tone I’m just not there! Enjoy SHN 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    Its not really i feel  ok about it. But i feel  like  no choice. On the scale of life. I have 4 kids and  dont  like how the  present and future looks
    Sorry my post was not meant to be your wrong and I am right with our ways of thinking but to say you are ok never seeing a live show again is a long ass time. 
    No its cool i understand. Its hard to think  about  gigs atm. Im very lucky to say ive seen them  over 40 times all over the world and thats enough  for me.  Ive got memories ive got shit. Haha. 
    I’ll be 61 in two weeks! Seen PJ over 40 times & I’ve attended at least 400 to 500 shows from other bands ! I’m ok with my stance! Looking forward to retirement 
    Happy early birthday! Too young to retire from shows Jose!!! Hahaha.  I sure hope one day you will feel
    comfortable going back. 
    Thanks! I’m happy to be alive and if that day arrives when I can feel comfortable being in large crowds I will give it a go tone I’m just not there! Enjoy SHN 

me neither.  avoiding sweaty people soup for the foreseeable future.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,750
    Smellyman said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    comfortable going back. 

pretty comical coming from smellyman.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,039
    I can’t envision not going to concerts again, but I can also wait at least until 2022… I’m in no rush to be in a crowd of thousands. 
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    mickeyrat said:
    Smellyman said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    comfortable going back. 

nice. I went to Hella Mega at Target Field on Monday.  My friend and I perhaps put too much faith in her vaccinations but I kind of do feel like I’ve done my part and getting it and I continue to wear a mask and indoor public situations and I want to do certain things that I haven’t been doing for a long time including ticketed events. I have been to one MLB game and this concert.  I’m still not feeling confident about indoors and I’m being choosier. For example the Minnesota state fair is going on and I’m not a hard-core fan. Therefore I’m not even considering it.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Smellyman said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    comfortable going back. 

nice. I went to Hella Mega at Target Field on Monday.  My friend and I perhaps put too much faith in her vaccinations but I kind of do feel like I’ve done my part and getting it and I continue to wear a mask and indoor public situations and I want to do certain things that I haven’t been doing for a long time including ticketed events. I have been to one MLB game and this concert.  I’m still not feeling confident about indoors and I’m being choosier. For example the Minnesota state fair is going on and I’m not a hard-core fan. Therefore I’m not even considering it.
    but but but elephant ears....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,351
    mickeyrat said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Smellyman said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    comfortable going back. 

I only like funnel cake. 

Went to see DMB last night.  Vaccine or 48 hour test required.  They didn't match a test or vax to an ID, so you definitely could have lied.  The VDH had a tent setup at the entrance for instant tests.  We were in the pit but hung in the back.  It was nice to be back in a venue though. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    edited August 2021
    went to an all day festival here for Manitoba 150. It was supposed to be July 2020. Bachman/Cummings were the headliner. vaxxed only. It was great. But I'm not gonna lie, I'm having some CRAZY covid-related anxiety today. going to shows at this point may not be worth it for me yet. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

went to an all day festival here for Manitoba 150. It was supposed to be July 2020. Bachman/Cummings were the headliner. vaxxed only. It was great. But I'm not gonna lie, I'm having some CRAZY covid-related anxiety today. going to shows at this point may not be worth it for me yet. 
    Randy Bachman?  Damn, he's gotta be 80.
    mrussel1 said:
    Randy Bachman?  Damn, he's gotta be 80.
    yeah, he's close. and it shows, both in his energy and his guitar playing. some of his solos were uncomfortable to listen to, to be honest. missing notes, even full chord strums. cummings still rocks with the best of them. 

www.headstonesband.com

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    edited August 2021
    Try to stay optimistic!  If you’re pessimistic your mind will start bothering (hurting) your body so think positive.  Concentrate on how great you said it was. 
    Post edited by cblock4life on
    Try to stay optimistic!  If you’re pessimistic you’re mind will start bothering (hurting) your body so think positive.  Concentrate on how great you said it was. 
    thanks. there's no doubt my body reacts exactly how my anxiety wants it to, so I do keep this in mind. thanks for the reminder though. it helps. 

www.headstonesband.com

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Smellyman said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    comfortable going back. 

I only like funnel cake. 

Went to see DMB last night.  Vaccine or 48 hour test required.  They didn't match a test or vax to an ID, so you definitely could have lied.  The VDH had a tent setup at the entrance for instant tests.  We were in the pit but hung in the back.  It was nice to be back in a venue though. 
    My son went to the Maryland show (he follows Dave more than we follow PJ) and he said he got in fast so no way it was getting checked properly.  I’ll have to remember to ask him about the Pittsburgh show Saturday (haven’t spoken to him yet) to see if they were any better.  And he’s headed to the Gorge on Wednesday so he’s really taking some chances….he’s vaccinated and he’s an adult so I just keep my mouth shut. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Smellyman said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    comfortable going back. 

I only like funnel cake. 

My son went to the Maryland show (he follows Dave more than we follow PJ) and he said he got in fast so no way it was getting checked properly.  I’ll have to remember to ask him about the Pittsburgh show Saturday (haven’t spoken to him yet) to see if they were any better.  And he’s headed to the Gorge on Wednesday so he’s really taking some chances….he’s vaccinated and he’s an adult so I just keep my mouth shut. 
    Honestly, considering the age and that he's vaccinated, I don't know that he's taking real chances.  I doubt that the rate of people lying about their status was very high.  There was no indication that you wouldn't have to show ID.  The process wasn't communicated.  So I fully expected to have to show ID coming in.  Because of that, hopefully the liars was just 1% or something.  I don't think the events are particularly high risk, to be honest. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Smellyman said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    comfortable going back. 

I only like funnel cake. 

Honestly, considering the age and that he's vaccinated, I don't know that he's taking real chances.  I doubt that the rate of people lying about their status was very high.  There was no indication that you wouldn't have to show ID.  The process wasn't communicated.  So I fully expected to have to show ID coming in.  Because of that, hopefully the liars was just 1% or something.  I don't think the events are particularly high risk, to be honest. 
    You’re probably right but this made me laugh - considering the age - I was a super young mom so he’s getting close to 40!!!! If I had to deal with 20-30 year olds again id run away!  Thanks for making me laugh!  
    Just getting picked off one by one. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,495
    Some  young  people  dying  unvaccinated.  Sad really.  This is a terrible  virus indeed
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Some  young  people  dying  unvaccinated.  Sad really.  This is a terrible  virus indeed
    So just read the Spanish flu was 1-2 years so I think we’ll beat that number.  The difference being that in 1918 (in the US) we took the vaccines without question.  This may be forever known as the stupidest US generations of all time. You guys are doing pretty well vaccine wise, but as long as the US isn’t doing it’s part (short of forbidding us to travel into others countries) it’s never going away.  
    I find it all really sad and upsetting  so many families  touched and ruined  forever even with vaccines. Im at the point i feel sad for vaccinated  and un vaccinated  a like. Its all just horrific 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I m vaccinated  and  i understand  fear on both sides
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

edited August 2021
    I’m sure you’ve all seen/heard this and it’s not pushing any religion just a cute joke….

“A religious man is on top of a roof during a great flood. A man comes by in a boat and says “get in, get in!” The religous man replies, ” no I have faith in God, he will grant me a miracle.”

Later the water is up to his waist and another boat comes by and the guy tells him to get in again. He responds that he has faith in god and god will give him a miracle. With the water at about chest high, another boat comes to rescue him, but he turns down the offer again cause “God willgrant him a miracle.”

With the water at chin high, a helicopter throws down a ladder and they tell him to get in, mumbling with the water in his mouth, he again turns down the request for help for the faith of God. He arrives at the gates of heaven with broken faith and says to Peter, I thought God would grand me a miracle and I have been let down.” St. Peter chuckles and responds, “I don’t know what you’re complaining about, we sent you three boats and a helicopter”

*Looking for the author will edit to include    when I find it. 

*Appears there are lots of versions of “The drowning man” based off of a bible story.  Now I’m going to have to read all about this or it will drive me crazy 

Post edited by cblock4life on
    I’m sure you’ve all seen/heard this and it’s not pushing any religion just a cute joke….

“A religious man is on top of a roof during a great flood. A man comes by in a boat and says “get in, get in!” The religous man replies, ” no I have faith in God, he will grant me a miracle.”

Later the water is up to his waist and another boat comes by and the guy tells him to get in again. He responds that he has faith in god and god will give him a miracle. With the water at about chest high, another boat comes to rescue him, but he turns down the offer again cause “God willgrant him a miracle.”

With the water at chin high, a helicopter throws down a ladder and they tell him to get in, mumbling with the water in his mouth, he again turns down the request for help for the faith of God. He arrives at the gates of heaven with broken faith and says to Peter, I thought God would grand me a miracle and I have been let down.” St. Peter chuckles and responds, “I don’t know what you’re complaining about, we sent you three boats and a helicopter”

*Looking for the author will edit to include    when I find it. 

*Appears there are lots of versions of “The drowning man” based off of a bible story.  Now I’m going to have to read all about this or it will drive me crazy 

I believe it was Pat Robertson, of all people, who said that the vaccines are a miracle from God. 
    a very wise man.....

• SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    So just read the Spanish flu was 1-2 years so I think we’ll beat that number.  The difference being that in 1918 (in the US) we took the vaccines without question.  This may be forever known as the stupidest US generations of all time. You guys are doing pretty well vaccine wise, but as long as the US isn’t doing it’s part (short of forbidding us to travel into others countries) it’s never going away.  

and in 1918 didn't travel everywhere and go to huge concerts
    Smellyman said:

and in 1918 didn't travel everywhere and go to huge concerts

no, just boarded troop ships and spent aong time at sea...

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,039
    mrussel1 said:

At least they had the courage of their conviction to not get the vaccine, unlike the Tucker Carlsons of the world pushing vaccine resistance despite having got the vaccine themselves. 

• OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
This discussion has been closed.