Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,304
    can't they just slap Mr. Yuk stickers on that animal de-wormer people are taking?

Mr. Yuk stickers work on most people in kindergarten, so maybe it would help?
    I guess but I’m too busy trying to get my silverware to stick to my forehead.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    can't they just slap Mr. Yuk stickers on that animal de-wormer people are taking?

So here is what my Right winged friends have been taking/reading up on

Novavax. Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin.  That last one Israel was doing trials with. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    Smellyman said:
    I was enlightened by a co worker this morning. There are currently more people in hospitals from the effects of the vaccine than there are for the virus itself. He said the data is on the CDC website, you just need to dig for it. I dug, and to my surprise, I couldn't find it. He is a dyed in the wool MAGA 'patriot" who believed every falsehood and conspiracy theory put out by FOX (until they acknowledged that Trump lost) and NEWSMAX . He has been a constant denier of the virus who just returned from being off for being sick with COVID.  

Your coworker might be onto something.  Keep us informed of what they find out!
    I'll be really mad if this is at all true.
    It isn't true, he is a spreader of misinformation about everything. Hunter's laptop, massive voter fraud, Antifa attacked the Capitol, Biden is coming to confiscate guns, vaccines are more dangerous than the virus, horse medicine will cure COVID, etc.  His "sources" usually end up being FB and Twitter posts and YouTube channels.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348

Novavax. Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin.  That last one Israel was doing trials with. 
    Nothing like taking a dose designed for a horse.  Great idea. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,495
    mrussel1 said:

I guess some people weigh a ton
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    mrussel1 said:

Oh c'mon.  Special K?  That was a thing once, no? lol
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    mrussel1 said:

I guess some people weigh a ton
    :lol:
    Anyone know what the VAERS analysis is?  It seems to be the antivaxers bible.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839

It's a public health website that existed COVID, where you can report your own adverse reactions to vaccinations that you might've had.

The site: Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) (hhs.gov)

Info on the site from CDC: VAERS | Vaccine Safety | CDC

While I'm sure it was a very useful website, I wouldn't be surprised if it has been flooded with both real and fake adverse reactions to the COVID vaccines over the past year. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

It's a public health website that existed COVID, where you can report your own adverse reactions to vaccinations that you might've had.

While I'm sure it was a very useful website, I wouldn't be surprised if it has been flooded with both real and fake adverse reactions to the COVID vaccines over the past year. 
    So this is the Angies List for viruses?  What could possibly go wrong?

So this is the Angies List for viruses?  What could possibly go wrong?
    Well again, in the past, I'm sure the CDC got a lot of useful information from people reporting adverse reactions that they could then look into. But I'm sure they're getting a lot of bullshit reports right now...to go along with some real ones. I wouldn't want to be the person that has to sort through them 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • "the vaccine turned me into a newt.

i got better."
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • someone on twitter said

"even dogs are not allowed to hang out with other dogs if they do not have all of their vaccines."

i say we try that with unvaccinated people.

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    "the vaccine turned me into a newt.

i got better."
    So now the vaccine is witchcraft? It's a fair cop I guess.
    "the vaccine turned me into a newt.

i got better."
    So now the vaccine is witchcraft? It's a fair cop I guess.
    Build a bridge out of her
  • the vaccine is made out of wood?

the vaccine is made out of wood?
    Could be very small rocks,  churches,  etc.
    Its big its heavy is wood GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Its big its heavy is wood GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER
    It's better than bad, it's good.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    someone on twitter said

"even dogs are not allowed to hang out with other dogs if they do not have all of their vaccines."

I already do this.
    Everyone I work with is vaccinated 
    Everyone in my family is vaccinated 
    All of my immediate friends are vaccinated 
    I do not spend any sort of quality time with anyone who is not. And I won't. Until maybe Ohana
    someone on twitter said

I already do this.
    I do not spend any sort of quality time with anyone who is not. And I won't. Until maybe Ohana
    Question.  If a vaccinated person can spread it, what difference does it make if they are or aren't?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    someone on twitter said

I already do this.
    Question.  If a vaccinated person can spread it, what difference does it make if they are or aren't?
    um....hospitalization?  intubation?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    someone on twitter said

I already do this.
    He mentioned that he won't spend time with anyone whom isn't vaccinated.

So I will ask again.

If a vaccinated person can spread it, what difference does it make if they are or aren't?

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    someone on twitter said

I already do this.

So I will ask again.

If a vaccinated person can spread it, what difference does it make if they are or aren't?

It appears that for the first 5 days, a vaccinated individual can shed (spread) the same amount of the virus as a non-vaccinated person.  After that though, the vaccinated person ability to shed decreases much faster than someone that is unvaccinated.  

hippiemom = goodness
    someone on twitter said

I already do this.

So I will ask again.

It appears that for the first 5 days, a vaccinated individual can shed (spread) the same amount of the virus as a non-vaccinated person.  After that though, the vaccinated person ability to shed decreases much faster than someone that is unvaccinated.  

I was really hoping that the person I asked the question to was going to answer...

I was curious as to why is all.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    someone on twitter said

I already do this.

So I will ask again.

I was really hoping that the person I asked the question to was going to answer...

Well, I just wanted to answer your question with the data.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    someone on twitter said

I already do this.

So I will ask again.

Maybe he doesn't want to spend time with selfish people. People that are ignorant, etc.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    someone on twitter said

I already do this.

So I will ask again.

Well, I just wanted to answer your question with the data.
    I'm still interested in what Bently has to say.  Really I am.
    edited August 2021
    Does anybody here that is vaccinated (which seems to be everyone based on that poll I posted a week or two ago) actually ask others if they are or aren't vaccinated? For example, your friend invites you over and there's a few people there you don't know. Are you concerned with whether or not they're vaccinated? Or are you asking the friend if there's going to be non-vaccinated people there before you even decided on attending? One of the primary reasons I got vaccinated was so I wouldn't have to be bothered with that stuff. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
This discussion has been closed.