Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,304
    “One hell of a model American.” Says it all.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    nicknyr15 said:
    Anyone at that Kanye super spreader last night? 
    The Dead just played.  Foos played.  PJ is slated to play.  Phish just played.

Every one of these are potential superspreaders.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    nicknyr15 said:

not if they require vaxx or are outside. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,750

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,301
    nicknyr15 said:

No vaccination required for Kanye. That’s the only reason I brought it up. But hey… 13 people got vaccinated at the on site vaccination center!! 

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,176
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I wondered about this ....

COVID vaccination site opens at Dulles for arriving Afghans
    By AAMER MADHANI
    2 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. government has opened a mass COVID-19 vaccination site for arriving Afghans near Dulles International Airport, where some of the thousands fleeing the Taliban are now arriving daily.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki on Friday confirmed that the site — which was set up by the Federal Emergency Management Agency — has begun administering vaccinations to the Afghan evacuees. A second mass vaccination site is expected open in the coming days for evacuees who will be arriving at the Philadelphia International Airport, according to a senior administration official who was not authorized to comment and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The White House announced earlier this week that it was working to provide vaccinations to medically eligible evacuees upon arrival in the U.S.

Biden administration officials were intent on making sure that evacuees are vaccinated as soon as possible after arriving in the country and decided that the most efficient way to do so was to set up a vaccination site at Dulles Expo Center, where many of the arriving evacuees are receiving medical screenings and being temporarily housed before being transferred to military bases in New Jersey, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Texas.

continues....

I love this….wonder how many of our (possibly citizens someday) visitors will refuse the vaccine??? 

article said its a condition for entry. using the j and j....
    Exactly you’d have to be totally crazy to refuse it and not get in to this country because of it, I bet they will all agree to it .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Screw that I’m totally ok with having attended my last shows/concerts indoor/outdoor, I never want to have another human breathing down my back at a packed event! 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,495
    Screw that I’m totally ok with having attended my last shows/concerts indoor/outdoor, I never want to have another human breathing down my back at a packed event! 
    Exactly  how i feel
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054
    mickeyrat said:

Brilliant!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    Could not imagine being ok without seeing live shows again. I will be at every PJ concert I can attend from here on out. 
    PJNB said:
    Could not imagine being ok without seeing live shows again. I will be at every PJ concert I can attend from here on out. 
    Yea for sure. 
    edited August 2021
    Its not really i feel  ok about it. But i feel  like  no choice. On the scale of life. I have 4 kids and  dont  like how the  present and future looks
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    Its not really i feel  ok about it. But i feel  like  no choice. On the scale of life. I have 4 kids and  dont  like how the  present and future looks
    Sorry my post was not meant to be your wrong and I am right with our ways of thinking but to say you are ok never seeing a live show again is a long ass time. 
    PJNB said:
    Sorry my post was not meant to be your wrong and I am right with our ways of thinking but to say you are ok never seeing a live show again is a long ass time. 
    No its cool i understand. Its hard to think  about  gigs atm. Im very lucky to say ive seen them  over 40 times all over the world and thats enough  for me.  Ive got memories ive got shit. Haha. 
     I hope all that get to go love every minute
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

PJNB said:
    No its cool i understand. Its hard to think  about  gigs atm. Im very lucky to say ive seen them  over 40 times all over the world and thats enough  for me.  Ive got memories ive got shit. Haha. 
    I’ll be 61 in two weeks! Seen PJ over 40 times & I’ve attended at least 400 to 500 shows from other bands ! I’m ok with my stance! Looking forward to retirement 
    PJNB said:
    I’ll be 61 in two weeks! Seen PJ over 40 times & I’ve attended at least 400 to 500 shows from other bands ! I’m ok with my stance! Looking forward to retirement 
    Happy early birthday! Too young to retire from shows Jose!!! Hahaha.  I sure hope one day you will feel
    comfortable going back. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    I just found out that a high school friend died this am from covid. He was in the hospital for back surgery and ended up catching it there. Got intubated and died a few days later.

His fb feed is full of anti mask and anti vaccine shit. Oh the irony. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    So sad. Really fuckin sad
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,835
    edited August 2021
    PJNB said:
    I am vaccinated.  Covid is here to stay.  I am going to concerts.  If I die I won’t be alive to know it.  The world will keep spinning.  I will have joined the ranks of the billions and billions that have come before and won’t be spending the rest of my days hiding from people.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    1st shingles vax on board now.

SiL and BF wife both recently got shingles.

sounded terrible so.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    Smellyman said:
    Does anybody here that is vaccinated (which seems to be everyone based on that poll I posted a week or two ago) actually ask others if they are or aren't vaccinated? For example, your friend invites you over and there's a few people there you don't know. Are you concerned with whether or not they're vaccinated? Or are you asking the friend if there's going to be non-vaccinated people there before you even decided on attending? One of the primary reasons I got vaccinated was so I wouldn't have to be bothered with that stuff. 

Sure I do.  I want to know if they are a mouth breathing moron or not
    Yes I ask.  Too many children around that can’t get vaccinated and with breakthrough cases/new variant no one is really 100% safe. My sister-in-law said she won’t get the booster shot so I told her I wouldn’t be seeing her probably for a very long time.  I don’t believe it’s intrusive to ask.  Wouldn’t you want to know if this was a plague or Ebola? When it comes to pandemics I don’t think prevention should be a choice.  

If you can still get it vaccinated or not, I don't see the difference in hanging out with someone whom is or isn't vaccinated.
    Well in my case all the little relatives are under 12 so not vaccinated.  There’s a reason they’re telling us to get boosters which tells me if you don’t you have a higher chance of being reinfected/having a breakthrough.  I guess instead of giving us mega doses to begin with better to be safe than sorry and give booster later if needed.  IDK. This is a first go round for this disease which is why it should be taken more seriously and those trying to save all of us should be cut some slack. We have no clue what’s next so how can they. 
    Yes, this is so important to remember. The guidance changed as scientists gained a better understanding of the novel (new!) virus. Remember wiping down packages and groceries?

We get a flu shot annually -- as I think I mentioned before, I missed one year out of the last thirty or so, and ended up regretting it. So I will not be surprised if a covid shot is needed annually for a while, until the virus evolves into something more benign like a cold or immunity is better understood, or established, or whatever.

Reading this the first picture that comes to mind is when Jeff got his copy of Gigaton and was spraying and wiping it.  Did he also have gloves and glasses on?  And didn’t someone drop it off at his door and then left it?  It seems so clear in my mind but I can’t remember it all. (God hope it wasn’t a dream)
    So thinking back things have gotten better for those of us who’ve followed the suggested guidelines.  With so many being vaccinated and so few having severe reactions to those vaccines wouldn’t you think even the simplest minded people would finally understand that it’s safe?  I mean I know the answer but doesn’t the real news ever get to these people?  I’m starting to think they’re either aliens or they were abducted and tampered with cause it just doesn’t make sense. Just kidding about the alien stuff 
    Smellyman said:
    Does anybody here that is vaccinated (which seems to be everyone based on that poll I posted a week or two ago) actually ask others if they are or aren't vaccinated? For example, your friend invites you over and there's a few people there you don't know. Are you concerned with whether or not they're vaccinated? Or are you asking the friend if there's going to be non-vaccinated people there before you even decided on attending? One of the primary reasons I got vaccinated was so I wouldn't have to be bothered with that stuff. 

Yes I ask.  Too many children around that can’t get vaccinated and with breakthrough cases/new variant no one is really 100% safe. My sister-in-law said she won’t get the booster shot so I told her I wouldn’t be seeing her probably for a very long time.  I don’t believe it’s intrusive to ask.  Wouldn’t you want to know if this was a plague or Ebola? When it comes to pandemics I don’t think prevention should be a choice.  

If you can still get it vaccinated or not, I don't see the difference in hanging out with someone whom is or isn't vaccinated.
    Well in my case all the little relatives are under 12 so not vaccinated.  There’s a reason they’re telling us to get boosters which tells me if you don’t you have a higher chance of being reinfected/having a breakthrough.  I guess instead of giving us mega doses to begin with better to be safe than sorry and give booster later if needed.  IDK. This is a first go round for this disease which is why it should be taken more seriously and those trying to save all of us should be cut some slack. We have no clue what’s next so how can they. 
    Yes, this is so important to remember. The guidance changed as scientists gained a better understanding of the novel (new!) virus. Remember wiping down packages and groceries?

We get a flu shot annually -- as I think I mentioned before, I missed one year out of the last thirty or so, and ended up regretting it. So I will not be surprised if a covid shot is needed annually for a while, until the virus evolves into something more benign like a cold or immunity is better understood, or established, or whatever.

Reading this the first picture that comes to mind is when Jeff got his copy of Gigaton and was spraying and wiping it.  Did he also have gloves and glasses on?  And didn’t someone drop it off at his door and then left it?  It seems so clear in my mind but I can’t remember it all. (God hope it wasn’t a dream)
    So thinking back things have gotten better for those of us who’ve followed the suggested guidelines.  With so many being vaccinated and so few having severe reactions to those vaccines wouldn’t you think even the simplest minded people would finally understand that it’s safe?  I mean I know the answer but doesn’t the real news ever get to these people?  I’m starting to think they’re either aliens or they were abducted and tampered with cause it just doesn’t make sense. Just kidding about the alien stuff 
    if even they boo trump for saying to get the vaccine, that tells you something. they are too far gone on this issue, they won't even follow the turd on it. 

www.headstonesband.com

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    Smellyman said:

if even they boo trump for saying to get the vaccine, that tells you something. they are too far gone on this issue, they won't even follow the turd on it. 
    You’re right.  Didn’t he even tell them to get the vaccine?  They are in their own little world. 
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,933
    edited August 2021
    mickeyrat said:

Good luck with that one; both doses knocked me out.

Edit to add detail: I felt both doses of Moderna (dull headache and fatigue for 3-4 days after the first dose, 12-18 hours of "flu-like symptoms" after the second), but Shingrix was an entirely different level of miserable -- it was like having the actual damn flu: chills, crushing headache, full-body aches, including the sore feet that I had with H1N1.
    Post edited by curmudgeoness on
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    mickeyrat said:

thanks. very very sore arm right now 5 hrs in....

Smellyman said:

You’re right.  Didn’t he even tell them to get the vaccine?  They are in their own little world. 
    he did. then they booed, so he switched gears saying "ya gotta have your freedoms". 

www.headstonesband.com

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    PJNB said:
    I am vaccinated.  Covid is here to stay.  I am going to concerts.  If I die I won’t be alive to know it.  The world will keep spinning.  I will have joined the ranks of the billions and billions that have come before and won’t be spending the rest of my days hiding from people.
    I don’t know that I would call it hiding. I figure people weigh the risks for themselves and make their choices based on that.

I’m not sure what i’ll do if/when the opportunities arise; just step by step here. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

I hope that is all you get. I got both shingles vaccines last year and had no side effects besides the sore arm. So I hope the same for you. Good luck. 
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

I hope that is all you get. I got both shingles vaccines last year and had no side effects besides the sore arm. So I hope the same for you. Good luck. 
    Same here. I was good after two days. But OW!
    PJNB said:
    I’m not hiding from people I’m still doing all fun stuff outside by the shore, camping in the forests, hiking trails etc etc, but I totally respect everyone’s choice to live how they see fit.. enjoy the shows you will attend 
This discussion has been closed.