Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,176
    https://twitter.com/laurie_garrett/status/1430261168355020802?s=21
    Yeah not sure if these gatherings are safe enough! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    Does anybody here that is vaccinated (which seems to be everyone based on that poll I posted a week or two ago) actually ask others if they are or aren't vaccinated? For example, your friend invites you over and there's a few people there you don't know. Are you concerned with whether or not they're vaccinated? Or are you asking the friend if there's going to be non-vaccinated people there before you even decided on attending? One of the primary reasons I got vaccinated was so I wouldn't have to be bothered with that stuff. 
    I have for some things.  And I planned a small get together with 5 friends from different places a long time ago for this october...so far it's still on, but I did ask them all if they were vaccinated.  I've asked it about families of my daughter's friends...well asked her how her friends talk about it and if they are likely vaccinated before deciding some interactions are ok.  Some for covid and some because I don't really want to be around or have my daughter around crazy right wingers.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    someone on twitter said

"even dogs are not allowed to hang out with other dogs if they do not have all of their vaccines."

i say we try that with unvaccinated people.
    I already do this.
    Everyone I work with is vaccinated 
    Everyone in my family is vaccinated 
    All of my immediate friends are vaccinated 
    I do not spend any sort of quality time with anyone who is not. And I won't. Until maybe Ohana
    Question.  If a vaccinated person can spread it, what difference does it make if they are or aren't?
    I feel that not being around unvaccinated people lessens my chance of getting it. But also if I were to have it and unknowingly pass it on I'd like that person to be vaccinated as well to lessen the negative outcome.
    Plus my. S/O is immunity-compromized so we do our best to mitigate negative situations and outcomes. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    Does anybody here that is vaccinated (which seems to be everyone based on that poll I posted a week or two ago) actually ask others if they are or aren't vaccinated? For example, your friend invites you over and there's a few people there you don't know. Are you concerned with whether or not they're vaccinated? Or are you asking the friend if there's going to be non-vaccinated people there before you even decided on attending? One of the primary reasons I got vaccinated was so I wouldn't have to be bothered with that stuff. 
    I don't go that far.  I don't understand why people don't just get the vaccine but I don't really ask unless it comes up.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    someone on twitter said

"even dogs are not allowed to hang out with other dogs if they do not have all of their vaccines."

I already do this.
    I do not spend any sort of quality time with anyone who is not. And I won't. Until maybe Ohana
    Question.  If a vaccinated person can spread it, what difference does it make if they are or aren't?
    I feel that not being around unvaccinated people lessens my chance of getting it. But also if I were to have it and unknowingly pass it on I'd like that person to be vaccinated as well to lessen the negative outcome.
    Plus my. S/O is immunity-compromized so we do our best to mitigate negative situations and outcomes. 
    I was curious.  Thanks for answering.

Another question.  Can the I/C person receive a dose of the vaccine?  None at all?  I've read that they might need multiples.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    someone on twitter said

I already do this.
    I was curious.  Thanks for answering.

Another question.  Can the I/C person receive a dose of the vaccine?  None at all?  I've read that they might need multiples.
    My S/O got vaccinated early because of her "status" but also because she is an educator. 
    The same goes for the booster.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    I don't go that far.  I don't understand why people don't just get the vaccine but I don't really ask unless it comes up.
    I’m the same way. My thought is COVID is their problem at this point. I’m not really worried about it. Though I do have a fully vaccinated friend who was subject to a “breakthrough case” and was very sick for about two weeks. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    No we do not ask at all or care for that matter. I only care if you are going to push your no vaccine bullshit on me like I did something wrong. I would never do that to them and would expect the same treatment. I do live in a low case area though and unsure if it would change if I lived in a populated area. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    PJNB said:
    No we do not ask at all or care for that matter. I only care if you are going to push your no vaccine bullshit on me like I did something wrong. I would never do that to them and would expect the same treatment. I do live in a low case area though and unsure if it would change if I lived in a populated area. 
    I actually had a friend poke fun at me for getting the vaccine…as if it made me a pussy. But he also did that when I told him I didn’t vote for Trump, he’s kinda stuck in his ways. I don’t care if someone refuses the vaccine but like you, I don’t want to be preached to like I’m the one that’s wrong. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,748

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    No one’s ever asked me except for my docs. I would never ask someone if they are; I figure it’s on them to make their own decisions and deal with it as they see fit for themselves. 
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524

Sure I do.  I want to know if they are a mouth breathing moron or not
    mickeyrat said:

OMG this was hysterical.  TY.

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    edited August 2021
    Smellyman said:

Yes I ask.  Too many children around that can’t get vaccinated and with breakthrough cases/new variant no one is really 100% safe. My sister-in-law said she won’t get the booster shot so I told her I wouldn’t be seeing her probably for a very long time.  I don’t believe it’s intrusive to ask.  Wouldn’t you want to know if this was a plague or Ebola? When it comes to pandemics I don’t think prevention should be a choice.  

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    Smellyman said:

Yes I ask.  Too many children around that can’t get vaccinated and with breakthrough cases/new variant no one is really 100% safe. My sister-in-law said she won’t get the booster shot so I told her I wouldn’t be seeing her probably for a very long time.  I don’t believe it’s intrusive to ask.  Wouldn’t you want to know if this was a plague or Ebola? When it comes to pandemics I don’t think prevention should be a choice.  

I see no issue in asking.  If someone doesn't want to answer, that's up to them.   
    hippiemom = goodness
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    Smellyman said:

Vaccinated but won’t get a booster?  Weird.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    Smellyman said:

If you can still get it vaccinated or not, I don't see the difference in hanging out with someone whom is or isn't vaccinated.
    Smellyman said:

If you can still get it vaccinated or not, I don't see the difference in hanging out with someone whom is or isn't vaccinated.

which is your choice. she chooses differently.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Comirnaty?

Sounds communist.

#FreeDumb
    mickeyrat said:
    Smellyman said:

No shit?  I actually said my choice was not to be near anyone.

I really am interested in the persons reasons and not everyone else opinions on it.  This seems to be an ongoing theme on here.
    mickeyrat said:
    Smellyman said:

I really am interested in the persons reasons and not everyone else opinions on it.  This seems to be an ongoing theme on here.

Not seeing the difference suggests you dont mind being around either. you didnt explicitly state what you just did. say what you mean or intend. we dont read minds.

now, I have a suggestion. go take back the flag. well I have another too.....

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Smellyman said:

Not seeing the difference suggests you dont mind being around either. you didnt explicitly state what you just did. say what you mean or intend. we dont read minds.

now, I have a suggestion. go take back the flag. well I have another too.....
    I asked a question.  There is no mind reading in that.  it's a question...  People are always reading into something that isn't there on here.  

Was it you I mentioned the "take back the flag" pitch?  I mentioned this to a few people.  If you really are serious I will start that up.  It didn't seem to take up much speed.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    mickeyrat said:

LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • i just got back from an account in southern IL, 3 of their OR nurses that scrub and assist the main doctor in surgery all tested positive yesterday afternoon. i was in a case with one of them last week, so fortunately I appear to have been around her before she had it. 2 of the 3 are vaccinated.

the hospital is at full capacity and due to staff covid cases they do not have enough people to care for the inpatients. what a fucking shit show.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    i just got back from an account in southern IL, 3 of their OR nurses that scrub and assist the main doctor in surgery all tested positive yesterday afternoon. i was in a case with one of them last week, so fortunately I appear to have been around her before she had it. 2 of the 3 are vaccinated.

the hospital is at full capacity and due to staff covid cases they do not have enough people to care for the inpatients. what a fucking shit show.
    Southern Illinois might as well be in Florida the way people are acting. We have 51 school districts that have been put on probationary status with the State Board of Education due them refusing to institute a mask mandate in school. My county has 2 school districts in it, the one I live in is on probation with the rest of them, the one my wife teaches in is mandating masks (thankfully). The next step is a hearing with the State Board of Education, and then if they aren't in compliance within 60 days, they will lose recognition which will result in the loss of funding, put diplomas for graduating seniors in jeopardy, and being banned from athletic competition. I don't think it will come to that, I think the school districts will back down.  
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,039
    mickeyrat said:

OMG this was hysterical.  TY.

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

• i just got back from an account in southern IL, 3 of their OR nurses that scrub and assist the main doctor in surgery all tested positive yesterday afternoon. i was in a case with one of them last week, so fortunately I appear to have been around her before she had it. 2 of the 3 are vaccinated.

Southern Illinois might as well be in Florida the way people are acting. We have 51 school districts that have been put on probationary status with the State Board of Education due them refusing to institute a mask mandate in school. My county has 2 school districts in it, the one I live in is on probation with the rest of them, the one my wife teaches in is mandating masks (thankfully). The next step is a hearing with the State Board of Education, and then if they aren't in compliance within 60 days, they will lose recognition which will result in the loss of funding, put diplomas for graduating seniors in jeopardy, and being banned from athletic competition. I don't think it will come to that, I think the school districts will back down.  
    oh that is horrible. but yeah, some of these smaller communities are like florida, haha.

hopefully they can get it figured out. the most likely best option is for the school districts to back down in the interest of safety.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    OnWis97 said:
    Smellyman said:

Vaccinated but won’t get a booster?  Weird.
    Yes she’s definitely bizarre.  I didn’t ask but she voluntarily offered that the shot made her sick.  Then she proceeded outside to smoke another cigarette. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    i just got back from an account in southern IL, 3 of their OR nurses that scrub and assist the main doctor in surgery all tested positive yesterday afternoon. i was in a case with one of them last week, so fortunately I appear to have been around her before she had it. 2 of the 3 are vaccinated.

oh that is horrible. but yeah, some of these smaller communities are like florida, haha.

hopefully they can get it figured out. the most likely best option is for the school districts to back down in the interest of safety.
    It won't be in the interest of safety, it will end up being the threat of losing funding and not being able to play sports.
    Smellyman said:

Well in my case all the little relatives are under 12 so not vaccinated.  There’s a reason they’re telling us to get boosters which tells me if you don’t you have a higher chance of being reinfected/having a breakthrough.  I guess instead of giving us mega doses to begin with better to be safe than sorry and give booster later if needed.  IDK. This is a first go round for this disease which is why it should be taken more seriously and those trying to save all of us should be cut some slack. We have no clue what’s next so how can they. 
This discussion has been closed.