Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,304
    The Governator has a message for everyone: Don't be a schmuck.

<<But some of the responses really worried me. Many people told me that the Constitution gives them rights, but not responsibilities. They feel no duty to protect their fellow citizens.

That’s when I realized we all need a civics lesson. I can’t help but wonder how much better off we’d be if Americans took a step back from politics and spent a minute thinking about how lucky we are to call this country home. Instead of tweeting, we could think about what we owe to the patriots who came before us and those who will follow us.

I am not an academic, but I can tell you that selfishness and dereliction of duty did not make this country great. The Constitution aimed to “promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty for ourselves and our posterity.” It’s right there in our founding document. We need to think beyond our selfish interests.>>

Editing to add this OUTSTANDING shout-out to South Park:

<<I often think about how many Americans sacrificed to make this country great. John Adams wrote that “it was the Duty of a good Citizen to sacrifice all to his Country.” Or, as the classic film Team America taught us: “Freedom isn’t free.”>>

The Governator shouldn’t be using the term “schmuck.” He lost all rights to the word.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    edited August 2021
    I am glad that Rand pushed on the origin of COVID-19.   Think about how for a while Facebook wouldn’t allow you to post stories that suggest the virus anything but natural.  Scary stuff.  We don’t know the answer but at least the government now acknowledges it may have been lab generated.

I guess we have to take the good with the bad regarding freedom of speech.

I'm not sure what you mean by that last sentence. "Freedom of speech" as outlined in the Constitution means that you cannot be thrown in prison by the government for your words. That is an unequivocal good.

"Free speech" absolutely does not mean that Rand Paul or you or I or anyone has a right to go on YouTube or TV or Twitter and spew whatever comes into our heads. Social media can ban anyone who is violating their terms of service. News channels can refuse to give air time to nut jobs and conspiracy theorists. We have a right to protest, but that does not extend everywhere. You do not have a right to abuse Trader Joe's employees over their masking rules because "I have free speech!" Too often, people misconstrue "free speech" to mean "I can say what I want, when and where I want, with no consequences." That's not how it works.

I was a little lazy but mainly meant it that we are free to have ideas and talk about them without retribution from the government.

At some point though these private companies like Facebook and Twitter get so large and engrained in society that I don’t like the idea of a few non-elected individuals getting to pick and choose what people can talk about.  This isn’t like some mom and pop business.  These are services that dominate national and world communication and information sharing.  

FB was banning articles referencing the virus starting in a lab.  They only stopped when one political party said it was okay to talk about.  That is scary stuff.  The origin of a pandemic creating virus could not be discussed during a pandemic.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    We all think (myself included) that when it starts hitting the kids things will change.  
    Then I thought, kids were dying during school shootings and barely nothing changed with that so I guess we’re just delusional.   
  • We all think (myself included) that when it starts hitting the kids things will change.  
    Then I thought, kids were dying during school shootings and barely nothing changed with that so I guess we’re just delusional.   

Correct, in my estimation. 
    There are other examples as well but I think the one you used is the best one.

"Don't fuck with my freedoms -- I don't really care about your kids." 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

<<But some of the responses really worried me. Many people told me that the Constitution gives them rights, but not responsibilities. They feel no duty to protect their fellow citizens.

That’s when I realized we all need a civics lesson. I can’t help but wonder how much better off we’d be if Americans took a step back from politics and spent a minute thinking about how lucky we are to call this country home. Instead of tweeting, we could think about what we owe to the patriots who came before us and those who will follow us.

I am not an academic, but I can tell you that selfishness and dereliction of duty did not make this country great. The Constitution aimed to “promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty for ourselves and our posterity.” It’s right there in our founding document. We need to think beyond our selfish interests.>>

<<I often think about how many Americans sacrificed to make this country great. John Adams wrote that “it was the Duty of a good Citizen to sacrifice all to his Country.” Or, as the classic film Team America taught us: “Freedom isn’t free.”>>

The Governator shouldn’t be using the term “schmuck.” He lost all rights to the word.
    I grew up hearing my dad say “schmuck”!

I later learned it’s a Yiddish negative term for penis (among other things) :lol:
    hedonist said:

I later learned it’s a Yiddish negative term for penis (among other things) :lol:
    Me too. Usually uttered in connection with Nixon.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    We all think (myself included) that when it starts hitting the kids things will change.  
    The anti-vaxx/maskers don't  care who dies or how many as long as they can maintain their "freedom" and their body their choice.
  • hedonist said:

What is the positive term for penis?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    I am glad that Rand pushed on the origin of COVID-19.   Think about how for a while Facebook wouldn’t allow you to post stories that suggest the virus anything but natural.  Scary stuff.  We don’t know the answer but at least the government now acknowledges it may have been lab generated.

I guess we have to take the good with the bad regarding freedom of speech.

I'm not sure what you mean by that last sentence. "Freedom of speech" as outlined in the Constitution means that you cannot be thrown in prison by the government for your words. That is an unequivocal good.

"Free speech" absolutely does not mean that Rand Paul or you or I or anyone has a right to go on YouTube or TV or Twitter and spew whatever comes into our heads. Social media can ban anyone who is violating their terms of service. News channels can refuse to give air time to nut jobs and conspiracy theorists. We have a right to protest, but that does not extend everywhere. You do not have a right to abuse Trader Joe's employees over their masking rules because "I have free speech!" Too often, people misconstrue "free speech" to mean "I can say what I want, when and where I want, with no consequences." That's not how it works.

I was a little lazy but mainly meant it that we are free to have ideas and talk about them without retribution from the government.

At some point though these private companies like Facebook and Twitter get so large and engrained in society that I don’t like the idea of a few non-elected individuals getting to pick and choose what people can talk about.  This isn’t like some mom and pop business.  These are services that dominate national and world communication and information sharing.  

FB was banning articles referencing the virus starting in a lab.  They only stopped when one political party said it was okay to talk about.  That is scary stuff.  The origin of a pandemic creating virus could not be discussed during a pandemic.
    I don't buy into the complaining about social media.  It's not a govt entity.  There's no world where their right to free speech (and what not to allow) is trumped by yours.  That's total bullshit.  Go to Parler. Go to Gettr. Start your own company destined to fail. 

Correct, in my estimation. 
    There are other examples as well but I think the one you used is the best one.

"Don't fuck with my freedoms -- I don't really care about your kids." 
    And there you go…..school shooting today….3rd day of school. And no more icu beds for kids in Dallas.  Land of the fucked up 
    hedonist said:

“Well, HELLO!” =)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,651
    BREAKING: The Supreme Court refuses grant Indiana University students’ request to block the school’s vaccine mandate. Justice Amy Coney Barrett rejected the request without referring it to the full court.

Justice Coney Barrett tells anti-vaxers to get fucked. This along with a handful of other rulings on vaccine mandates will put to bed any potential suits. Also, I’m sure it’s been mentioned before, but the SCOTUS ruled back in 1905 that vaccine mandates are constitutional.
    Wonder if Orange Donnie regrets nominating her.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    Poncier said:
    BREAKING: The Supreme Court refuses grant Indiana University students’ request to block the school’s vaccine mandate. Justice Amy Coney Barrett rejected the request without referring it to the full court.

Justice Coney Barrett tells anti-vaxers to get fucked. This along with a handful of other rulings on vaccine mandates will put to bed any potential suits. Also, I’m sure it’s been mentioned before, but the SCOTUS ruled back in 1905 that vaccine mandates are constitutional.
    He couldn't care less about her rulings so long as they don't affect him directly. 
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

“Well, HELLO!” =)
    .......schlong.

Brilliantati©
    hedonist said:

https://youtu.be/fiVNsis2h0M
    Poncier said:

I’ve been surprised (in a good way) by many of her decisions so far.  And come on, fuck face had no clue who she was or what she “really” stood for.  He listened to others who may have set it up knowing that she’s not as fucked up as some others and wouldn’t be bullied.  I don’t know, I’m still apprehensive about her, I’m just glad she did this.  
    Poncier said:

I’ve been surprised (in a good way) by many of her decisions so far.  And come on, fuck face had no clue who she was or what she “really” stood for.  He listened to others who may have set it up knowing that she’s not as fucked up as some others and wouldn’t be bullied.  I don’t know, I’m still apprehensive about her, I’m just glad she did this.  
    Yeah, I feel same about her. To her credit, thus far she seems to have just followed the rules of law/The Constitution and hasn't let any personal viewpoints influence her. 

Poncier said:
    hedonist said:

https://youtu.be/fiVNsis2h0M
    :lol:
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,931
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Yeah, I feel same about her. To her credit, thus far she seems to have just followed the rules of law/The Constitution and hasn't let any personal viewpoints influence her. 

Her decision was the correct, conservative, decision to make. TFG probably has no clue what "conservative" actually means. Precedent was clear.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054
    I'm off to get my shot!

C'ya in a bit!
    So….did you get the upgraded chip as suggested by @oftenreading?   Hope all went smoothly. 
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    Renfield said:
    I'm off to get my shot!

C'ya in a bit!
    So….did you get the upgraded chip as suggested by @oftenreading?   Hope all went smoothly. 
    Gotta get the upgraded chip. If you start to grow a tail, it can be activated to stop it.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    OnWis97 said:
    Renfield said:
    I'm off to get my shot!

C'ya in a bit!
    Gotta get the upgraded chip. If you start to grow a tail, it can be activated to stop it.
    This is true however every time you take a shit the TV changes to oan
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,746

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • OnWis97 said:
    Renfield said:
    I'm off to get my shot!

C'ya in a bit!
    Wait, you don't want the tail?

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,495
    mickeyrat said:

Perfect 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    edited August 2021
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Her decision was the correct, conservative, decision to make. TFG probably has no clue what "conservative" actually means. Precedent was clear.

You’re right it was.  I felt like she was being honest when speaking about precedent during her “interview”.  Clearly she’s pro life but her abortion precedent statements were either sincere or she’s a good actress.  Could be alone in my opinion but she’s does appear intelligent as well.  I think new cases (especially involving religious rights) will show her conventional beliefs. 
    sorry for getting off topic 
    Post edited by cblock4life on
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited August 2021
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054
    cutz said:
    What size straitjacket should I order for her?
This discussion has been closed.