mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    Renfield said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Awful. If they get through customs…Typos, unfinished words… no one is looking that closely when they are rushing you through security at a concert or theater or anywhere. 
    “Forging the cards is a federal crime, punishable by a fine and up to five years in prison for forging government seals found on the card.” 
    What is the punishment for those buying & using the fake cards? 
    The real question is why did they use such basic easily copiable designs and card stock?

how much do you think 330 million cards would cost?
    Less than the endless wars, and corporate giveaways…

piss poor deflection.
    right I forgot this is America where we don't think twice about spending on waste, but nickel and dime ourselves to death over the things that matter

another piss poor deflection.
    So we can print trillions due to the pandemic but we can’t print uncounterfeitable vaxx cards. Makes sense in america…I guess. Maybe we can get a refund on Afghanistan?
    It's pretty sad that we have to think about stuff like that.  I'm not sure it was top of mind when this was trying to be rolled out ASAP...but I guess it should have been.  They have all the records...perhaps develop cards and mail to houses?  Or better yet, develop an app for a digital card?
    But do you really hold back on the vaccination process while you build a fake proof, centralized federal system?  That seems like a bad idea.  A few fakes is less of a risk than stalling the process of vaccinating.  
    I certainly don;t think you hold up shots in arms for it.  And I think you could do some retroactively...as I said they should have all the data somewhere.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    we have a backlog of vaxx cards but that isn't holding up shots. not sure why anyone would think one would hold back the other. we do get our QR codes electronically instantly after applying, however. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    we have a backlog of vaxx cards but that isn't holding up shots. not sure why anyone would think one would hold back the other. we do get our QR codes electronically instantly after applying, however. 
    I don't understand your methodology here.  Can you explain?  And was it in production when the vaccine rolled out, and is it fraud proof?
    edited August 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't understand your methodology here.  Can you explain?  And was it in production when the vaccine rolled out, and is it fraud proof?
    I think the difference here is that when we made our appointment to get our shots, the appointment was tied in with our Manitoba Health information. so after you are 2 weeks past your second shot, you go to this website, you confirm that it is you by signing up with your health info, and instantly you get a QR code that confirms you are fully vaccinated. If you want, you can also ask for physical card, which I got about 2 weeks later. the QR code ONLY confirms you are fully vaccinated; it contains no other health or personal information. and the physical card has the QR code on the back, and when presenting it for entrance to an event, the name on the the card needs to jive with your government issued ID (SIN card, driver's license, etc). 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on

www.headstonesband.com

• RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054
    Renfield said:
    I'm off to get my shot!

C'ya in a bit!
    So….did you get the upgraded chip as suggested by @oftenreading?   Hope all went smoothly. 
    I’m good so far.  My 5G is superb.  Arm hurts from the needle which is expected.  Wearing my mask indoors as I should.  Hand sanitizer at the ready.  Got my 10,000 steps in today.

I hopefully am good to go my friend.  TY for asking.
    Glad to hear all is good.
    https://youtu.be/OPwPo-IAQ-E
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    Yep plenty of fake cards at all events! SHN will be no different..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
     "A new glocalization should advance in tandem with reduced air travel, local production, smart growth, and greatly reduced automobile trips, among other measures. Adapted locally but with a globally cooperative ethic, these measures may be the best way to simultaneously alleviate the rapidly moving pandemic crisis and the slower moving environmental crisis."

Ethan Goffman (2020) In the wake of COVID-19, is glocalization our sustainability future?, Sustainability: Science, Practice and Policy, 16:1, 48-52, DOI: 10.1080/15487733.2020.1765678
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    edited August 2021
    Lolla was a success with the same rules as SHN. It will be a ok either way. Also what is plenty to you and how do you know that there are plenty at all events?
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,301
    PJNB said:
    Lolla was a success with the same rules as SHN. It will be a ok either way. Also what is plenty to you and how do you know that there are plenty at all events?
    If I have to guess I’d say 10-20% will have fake cards. 
    edited August 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    What are you basing this off of? I am assuming it is more anecdotal evidence.
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    What are you basing this off of? 
    I’m low balling honestly. Everyone knows someone who sells fake cards in the city.  The few people I know literally cannot keep enough to meet demand. It’s a shitty situation but not a surprising one. Forged document will always be a thing. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    I’m low balling honestly. Everyone knows someone who sells fake cards in the city.  The few people I know literally cannot keep enough to meet demand. It’s a shitty situation but not a surprising one. Forged document will always be a thing. 
    I agree with it always being a thing but  up to 1 in 5 at SHN will have a fake card just seems way too high to me. 
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    I agree with it always being a thing but  up to 1 in 5 at SHN will have a fake card just seems way too high to me. 
    I hope I’m waaaayyyyyyyyyy off. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    Even if you are close Lolla was a success by their standards so maybe it really does not matter one way or another outdoors too much. It seems to me at least that outside events can happen in certain states at the moment and not put too much of an impact on the healthcare system. 
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    Even if you are close Lolla was a success by their standards so maybe it really does not matter one way or another outdoors too much. It seems to me at least that outside events can happen in certain states at the moment and not put too much of an impact on the healthcare system. 
    I agree 100%. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,304
    Gotta love Tejas, more guns, less vaccination. What could possibly go wrong?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/08/16/joel-valdez-houston-covid-hospitals/

Covid related so it shouldn’t be paywalled.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    PJNB said:
    Folks have been using fake cards since the hockey playoffs! That’s when I 1st heard about them..
    PJNB said:
    Folks have been using fake cards since the hockey playoffs! That’s when I 1st heard about them..
    I am not saying they are not out there. I was asking why you would use the word plenty.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    Is anyone going to do tracing for it like say Sturgis?  Let's see if it was a success.
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    I am not saying they are not out there. I was asking why you would use the word plenty.
    Once they are out there people rather use fake cards then get vaccinated it’s not like they only made 1000 I’d say they are thousands out in circulation!
    edited August 2021
    Boosters are starting to come out soon. This is going to help the people that trust in the science and further push away those that do not. If it is needed I am all for it but if you need a booster 8 months after you already have been vaccinated the number of people willing to go in for more is going to drop off significantly I feel. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,931
    PJNB said:
    Boosters are starting to come out soon. This is going to help the people that trust in the science and further push away those that do not. If it is needed I am all for it but if you need a booster 8 months after you already have been vaccinated the number of people willing to go in for more is going to drop off significantly I feel. 

Yes, the news late last night was that booster shots for recipients of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are recommended eight months after being fully vaccinated. Boosters are expected to be rolled out on a wide scale in September (immune-suppressed people can get them now).

An annual flu shot already is part of our family routine, so I don't think it will be an issue for people like us.

And for the "OMG this is such new technology!" people -- once again, the mRNA vaccine technology was developed years ago in an effort to find a vaccine for HIV. This morning, I read that such a vaccine is ready for trials.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    PJNB said:
    I got my second Moderna shot in February, so It should be sometime in October when it is recommended for me to get the booster. Time to roll up the sleeve. 
    PJNB said:
    I got my second Moderna shot in February, so It should be sometime in October when it is recommended for me to get the booster. Time to roll up the sleeve. 
    queue up the "where does it end?" anti-vaxxer angle. 

www.headstonesband.com

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Any word on whether the boosters are expected to have any side-effects similar to those of the initial vaccine?
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,931
    PJNB said:

Never mind that boosters already are required for many vaccines; my son had to get a tetanus booster the other day for grad school. And as a doctor recently noted, many of the vaccine we receive in childhood require multiple injections. This is nothing new, but some people will act like it is.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    PJNB said:

Never mind that boosters already are required for many vaccines; my son had to get a tetanus booster the other day for grad school. And as a doctor recently noted, many of the vaccine we receive in childhood require multiple injections. This is nothing new, but some people will act like it is.
    Another angle for you.  Those vaccines were worked on for years.  Not 12 months.

That is also what is said.
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    edited August 2021

NO vaccine exemption policies for children under 12. Our negative test to enter the States will suffice instead.

Which brings me back to the Feb 2020 question... is it better to catch the (delta) virus now than before or on vacations?
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    hedonist said:
    Any word on whether the boosters are expected to have any side-effects similar to those of the initial vaccine?
    Is a booster a different compound?  I thought it was the same compound, just third shot. 
This discussion has been closed.