• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    meanwhile.....

COVID vaccines to be required for military under new US plan
    By LOLITA C. BALDOR
    41 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Members of the U.S. military will be required to get the COVID-19 vaccine beginning next month under a plan laid out by the Pentagon Monday and endorsed by President Joe Biden. In memos distributed to all troops, top Pentagon leaders said the vaccine is a necessary step to maintain military readiness.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said the mid-September deadline could be accelerated if the vaccine receives final FDA approval or infection rates continue to rise.

“I will seek the president’s approval to make the vaccines mandatory no later than mid-September, or immediately upon" licensure by the Food and Drug Administration "whichever comes first,” Austin said in his memo, warning them to prepare for the requirement.

The Pentagon plan provides time for the FDA to give final approval to the Pfizer vaccine, which is expected early next month. Without that formal approval, Austin needs a waiver from Biden to make the shots mandatory, and Biden has already made clear he supports it.

Austin's decision reflects similar moves by governments and companies around the world, as nations struggle with the highly contagious delta variant that has sent new U.S. cases, hospitalizations and deaths surging to heights not seen since last winter. The concerns are especially acute in the military, where service members live and work closely together in barracks and on ships, increasing the risks of rapid spreading. Any large virus outbreak in the military could affect America’s ability to defend itself in any security crisis.

Austin warned that if infection rates rise and potentially affect military readiness, “I will not hesitate to act sooner or recommend a different course to the President if l feel the need to do so. To defend this Nation, we need a healthy and ready force.”

continues......

Nothing new here. I served in the USN during Desert Storm, and we got pin cushioned from the time we entered boot camp without any say in the matter or even being told what we were being injected with. It didn't matter what your opinion was, you got the shot. I was stationed overseas, so it was mandatory that I get a Typhoid shot. Every year we had to get a FLU shot. One year I said I didn't want to get it and wasn't going to base medical. My Senior Chief not so politely told me he didn't care what I wanted and told me to get my dumb ass up to medical to get the shot or deal with defying a direct order. I got the shot. 

oh I know. Was pin cushion myself.... San Diego RTC.

Really look forward to the right screaming about this......
    Great Mistakes IL, in the Winter. What the hell was I thinking?? 

HA!!!!  Friend went there. Cant recall season.

Chicago winter is no joke.

Drive truck now. Had a load near there once about 8 yrs ago. Seeing all those new squidlies on liberty weekend after graduation brought back some memories.....
    We went to Chicago in 2015 to see the 50th anniversary Grateful Dead show at Soldier Field. We went to the Navy Pier to watch the fireworks and saw a bunch of them wandering around. They looked like a bunch of middle schoolers had hit up a Navy surplus store. My wife served in the Navy too and when she saw them she asked me if we really looked that young when we graduated.  =)  
    maggie 3 names got suspended from twitter for a week for again spreading covid vaccine disinformation. i think she is on strike 7 or 8, but apparently this was her final warning.
    She is on Double Secret Probation!
    she's probably hoping for a perma-ban so it gives her extra fuel to get more donations
    either that, or since on double secret probation she gets to throw a toga party, because that is what you do on double secret probation.
    TOGA TOGA TOGA!!!
  • maggie 3 names got suspended from twitter for a week for again spreading covid vaccine disinformation. i think she is on strike 7 or 8, but apparently this was her final warning.
    she's probably hoping for a perma-ban so it gives her extra fuel to get more donations
    either that, or since on double secret probation she gets to throw a toga party, because that is what you do on double secret probation.
    TOGA TOGA TOGA!!!
    "i pledge allegiance, to the frat........with liberty and fraternity for all....amen."
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,745
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    meanwhile.....

COVID vaccines to be required for military under new US plan
    By LOLITA C. BALDOR
    41 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Members of the U.S. military will be required to get the COVID-19 vaccine beginning next month under a plan laid out by the Pentagon Monday and endorsed by President Joe Biden. In memos distributed to all troops, top Pentagon leaders said the vaccine is a necessary step to maintain military readiness.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said the mid-September deadline could be accelerated if the vaccine receives final FDA approval or infection rates continue to rise.

“I will seek the president’s approval to make the vaccines mandatory no later than mid-September, or immediately upon" licensure by the Food and Drug Administration "whichever comes first,” Austin said in his memo, warning them to prepare for the requirement.

The Pentagon plan provides time for the FDA to give final approval to the Pfizer vaccine, which is expected early next month. Without that formal approval, Austin needs a waiver from Biden to make the shots mandatory, and Biden has already made clear he supports it.

Austin's decision reflects similar moves by governments and companies around the world, as nations struggle with the highly contagious delta variant that has sent new U.S. cases, hospitalizations and deaths surging to heights not seen since last winter. The concerns are especially acute in the military, where service members live and work closely together in barracks and on ships, increasing the risks of rapid spreading. Any large virus outbreak in the military could affect America’s ability to defend itself in any security crisis.

Austin warned that if infection rates rise and potentially affect military readiness, “I will not hesitate to act sooner or recommend a different course to the President if l feel the need to do so. To defend this Nation, we need a healthy and ready force.”

continues......

Nothing new here. I served in the USN during Desert Storm, and we got pin cushioned from the time we entered boot camp without any say in the matter or even being told what we were being injected with. It didn't matter what your opinion was, you got the shot. I was stationed overseas, so it was mandatory that I get a Typhoid shot. Every year we had to get a FLU shot. One year I said I didn't want to get it and wasn't going to base medical. My Senior Chief not so politely told me he didn't care what I wanted and told me to get my dumb ass up to medical to get the shot or deal with defying a direct order. I got the shot. 

oh I know. Was pin cushion myself.... San Diego RTC.

Really look forward to the right screaming about this......
    Great Mistakes IL, in the Winter. What the hell was I thinking?? 

HA!!!!  Friend went there. Cant recall season.

Chicago winter is no joke.

Drive truck now. Had a load near there once about 8 yrs ago. Seeing all those new squidlies on liberty weekend after graduation brought back some memories.....
    We went to Chicago in 2015 to see the 50th anniversary Grateful Dead show at Soldier Field. We went to the Navy Pier to watch the fireworks and saw a bunch of them wandering around. They looked like a bunch of middle schoolers had hit up a Navy surplus store. My wife served in the Navy too and when she saw them she asked me if we really looked that young when we graduated.  =)  

middle schoolers. thats a riot...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    maggie 3 names got suspended from twitter for a week for again spreading covid vaccine disinformation. i think she is on strike 7 or 8, but apparently this was her final warning.
    TOGA TOGA TOGA!!!
    "i pledge allegiance, to the frat........with liberty and fraternity for all....amen."

just watched that on tbs or something last week...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
     By Timothy Bella

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/08/10/cruz-paul-mandates-mask-vaccine/

so thats the libertarian agenda? you can and should die if I want you to? Eh Rand? 

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    mickeyrat said:
     By Timothy Bella

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/08/10/cruz-paul-mandates-mask-vaccine/

so thats the libertarian agenda? you can and should die if I want you to? Eh Rand? 

“It’s time for us to resist. They can’t arrest all of us,” Paul said. 

No, but we can start at the top and work our way down.
     By Danielle Paquette

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/08/10/guinea-marburg-virus-west-africa/

Guinea orders 155 people into quarantine after West Africa’s first case of Marburg virus is detected
    By Danielle Paquette
    August 10 at 6:38 AM ET
    Guinea has ordered 155 people into quarantine after confirming West Africa’s first known case of the Marburg virus, a hemorrhagic fever known as Ebola’s cousin that has killed one person in the nation’s forested south.
    Health officials scrambled Tuesday to trace everyone who may have interacted with the patient, who had sought medical help in the town of Gueckedou near the high-traffic border with Liberia and Sierra Leone.
    The infection emerged in the same area where the deadliest Ebola epidemic on record began. That 2014-2016 outbreak killed at least 11,325 people across three West African countries. Guinea had just recovered from a smaller scare this year — a resurgence of Ebola in February that claimed 12 lives.
    The 155 suspected contact cases are undergoing 21 days of quarantine, Guinea’s Health Ministry said.
    “The potential for the Marburg virus to spread far and wide means we need to stop it in its tracks,” Matshidiso Moeti, the World Health Organization’s regional director for Africa, said in a statement. “We are working with the health authorities to implement a swift response that builds on Guinea’s past experience and expertise in managing Ebola, which is transmitted in a similar way.”
    Fatality rates for the Marburg virus have varied from 24 percent to 88 percent, according to the WHO, depending on the virus strain and quality of care.
    Previous outbreaks and sporadic cases have struck Angola, Congo, Kenya, South Africa and Uganda. No vaccines or antiviral treatments have been approved to fight the scourge.
    The Marburg virus spreads mainly through bodily fluids. Early symptoms include fever, chills, a headache and muscle pain. Severe cases lead to shock, liver failure and internal bleeding.
    The malady is thought to be transmitted to people from fruit bats, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
    CDC researchers found the Marburg virus in bat colonies for the first time in West Africa in January 2020. Some of the infected creatures, which were tested across four districts in Sierra Leone, carried a strain that resembled one found in Angola about 16 years ago — the deadliest known variant, the scientists noted.
    That 2005 outbreak killed 252 people, according to the CDC’s tally. Nine of 10 people who contracted the virus at the time died.
    Guinea’s battle against Marburg starts as the country of nearly 13 million struggles against a third wave of the coronavirus. Daily case counts in August are nearing spring highs, as health officials lobby for more vaccines. Health authorities said less than 4 percent of people in the nation are fully vaccinated against the coronavirus.
    The man who caught West Africa’s first reported case of Marburg developed symptoms in late July, according to the WHO.
    He showed up at a health clinic with a fever, headache, abdominal pain and bleeding around his teeth. By Aug. 2, he was dead.
    Health authorities promptly launched an investigation and have heightened disease surveillance on the borders. Three of the people in quarantine are considered “high-risk” contacts, the WHO said — two family members and a health worker.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    mickeyrat said:
     By Danielle Paquette

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/08/10/guinea-marburg-virus-west-africa/

Guinea orders 155 people into quarantine after West Africa’s first case of Marburg virus is detected
    By Danielle Paquette
    August 10 at 6:38 AM ET
    Guinea has ordered 155 people into quarantine after confirming West Africa’s first known case of the Marburg virus, a hemorrhagic fever known as Ebola’s cousin that has killed one person in the nation’s forested south.
    Health officials scrambled Tuesday to trace everyone who may have interacted with the patient, who had sought medical help in the town of Gueckedou near the high-traffic border with Liberia and Sierra Leone.
    The infection emerged in the same area where the deadliest Ebola epidemic on record began. That 2014-2016 outbreak killed at least 11,325 people across three West African countries. Guinea had just recovered from a smaller scare this year — a resurgence of Ebola in February that claimed 12 lives.
    The 155 suspected contact cases are undergoing 21 days of quarantine, Guinea’s Health Ministry said.
    “The potential for the Marburg virus to spread far and wide means we need to stop it in its tracks,” Matshidiso Moeti, the World Health Organization’s regional director for Africa, said in a statement. “We are working with the health authorities to implement a swift response that builds on Guinea’s past experience and expertise in managing Ebola, which is transmitted in a similar way.”
    Fatality rates for the Marburg virus have varied from 24 percent to 88 percent, according to the WHO, depending on the virus strain and quality of care.
    Previous outbreaks and sporadic cases have struck Angola, Congo, Kenya, South Africa and Uganda. No vaccines or antiviral treatments have been approved to fight the scourge.
    The Marburg virus spreads mainly through bodily fluids. Early symptoms include fever, chills, a headache and muscle pain. Severe cases lead to shock, liver failure and internal bleeding.
    The malady is thought to be transmitted to people from fruit bats, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
    CDC researchers found the Marburg virus in bat colonies for the first time in West Africa in January 2020. Some of the infected creatures, which were tested across four districts in Sierra Leone, carried a strain that resembled one found in Angola about 16 years ago — the deadliest known variant, the scientists noted.
    That 2005 outbreak killed 252 people, according to the CDC’s tally. Nine of 10 people who contracted the virus at the time died.
    Guinea’s battle against Marburg starts as the country of nearly 13 million struggles against a third wave of the coronavirus. Daily case counts in August are nearing spring highs, as health officials lobby for more vaccines. Health authorities said less than 4 percent of people in the nation are fully vaccinated against the coronavirus.
    The man who caught West Africa’s first reported case of Marburg developed symptoms in late July, according to the WHO.
    He showed up at a health clinic with a fever, headache, abdominal pain and bleeding around his teeth. By Aug. 2, he was dead.
    Health authorities promptly launched an investigation and have heightened disease surveillance on the borders. Three of the people in quarantine are considered “high-risk” contacts, the WHO said — two family members and a health worker.

deforestation is going to be the collapse of the human race. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:
     By Timothy Bella

This. See how quick they change their tune when there are actual consequences for their advocating this crap.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,931
    mickeyrat said:
     By Timothy Bella

He's so full of crap.

I'm a proud small-"L" libertarian. I'll even admit to voting for Ron (not Rand) Paul in my misspent youth (1988). And I made sure that our entire family was vaccinated at the first opportunity.

Once more, with feeling: You do not have the right to be a plague vector. "My rights end at the tip of your nose" -- NOT deep inside your nasal cavity or somewhere in your lungs. 

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    mickeyrat said:
     By Timothy Bella

He's so full of crap.

I'm a proud small-"L" libertarian. I'll even admit to voting for Ron (not Rand) Paul in my misspent youth (1988). And I made sure that our entire family was vaccinated at the first opportunity.

Once more, with feeling: You do not have the right to be a plague vector. "My rights end at the tip of your nose" -- NOT deep inside your nasal cavity or somewhere in your lungs. 

15 years ago Rand seemed principled, even if I disagreed with him.  Now he's just a parody of himself.  Issue after issue, he isn't a libertarian, he's a contrarian.  His criminal referral to the DOJ of Fauci is just a bad joke. 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    benjs said:
    CM189191 said:

The problem as I see it, is we started with a population who don't want to (or have been taught not to) think critically. Next ingredient: distrust of 'others', to assure we're highly skeptical of those with differing opinions. Add several mountains of misinformation from positions of trust, and you have a pretty damn good undue thought influence system. 

That system has created this reality, and while this cohort likely contains the stupid, the ignorant, the selfish - it also contains legitimately fearful individuals. I'm frustrated that those legitimately fearful individuals are now being grouped as loonies, or ineligible for empathy.

Until the megaphones for misinformation are removed, people will be duped into doing the wrong thing (or, more specifically, the thing the misinformation manufacturers are seeking them to), and until that point, I truly feel for those who have been intentionally misled to believe something seriously dangerous. To the disingenuous folks amongst that cohort, I have little to no respect for, but also little to no ability to differentiate those from the authentic ones.
    Couldn’t agree more! Great framing of things as I see them and struggle to put into words
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • any healthcare workers on here feel like going to texas to help out?

abbot can figure this mess out on his own as far as i am concerned. you want to be a rugged individualist? you want to do not even the bare minimum?? at least have a fucking plan when everything falls apart.

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,931
    any healthcare workers on here feel like going to texas to help out?

abbot can figure this mess out on his own as far as i am concerned. you want to be a rugged individualist? you want to do not even the bare minimum?? at least have a fucking plan when everything falls apart.

It worked out so well with their power grid, after all.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • any healthcare workers on here feel like going to texas to help out?

texas needs its own infrastructure week.

didn't they already have 2?
    a winter version then a summer version?

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:
     By Timothy Bella

His neighbor shoulda finished the job. Quitter 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,303

Tejas needs to be given back to Mexico.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    I'm going Thursday for my first of two injections that will hopefully help w my 5G reception.

I will finally go and get my shot and was shocked at how many questions they asked in order for me to do it.

I tried to do a "walk in" on 4 times in the last month and was told there are no more walk ins so I don't know why they keep reporting in my local news that they are.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    I'm going Thursday for my first of two injections that will hopefully help w my 5G reception.

I will finally go and get my shot and was shocked at how many questions they asked in order for me to do it.

I tried to do a "walk in" on 4 times in the last month and was told there are no more walk ins so I don't know why they keep reporting in my local news that they are.
    What did they ask that you were surprised at? I don’t recall being asked anything more than basic demographic info.

I think you’ll be disappointed in the effect on your 5G. I haven’t seen an improvement and I’m considering a complaint. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

What did they ask that you were surprised at? I don’t recall being asked anything more than basic demographic info.

I think you’ll be disappointed in the effect on your 5G. I haven’t seen an improvement and I’m considering a complaint. 
    Asked for my SS number, that one surprised me.

I didn't expect it to be like a formal doctors visit, like the pamphlets you fill out on arrival.

I'm going to be disappointed then that my 5G will still be subpar.  Hopefully the nano's that I'm injected with get upgraded w the booster a few months down the line.  I'm joking of course but I was surprised at all the questions they ask.  Insurance, job.  Weird.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348

I didn't expect it to be like a formal doctors visit, like the pamphlets you fill out on arrival.

I'm going to be disappointed then that my 5G will still be subpar.  Hopefully the nano's that I'm injected with get upgraded w the booster a few months down the line.  I'm joking of course but I was surprised at all the questions they ask.  Insurance, job.  Weird.
    I didn't get any of that. I did get social I think, but not insurance or job.  But I got mine in March/April.  

mrussel1 said:

I didn't get any of that. I did get social I think, but not insurance or job.  But I got mine in March/April.  

Yeah, I almost said F it...

But I didn't.  I want my 5G and to be vaxxed now.  I'm happy w the numbers behind it.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    5G … you guys got ripped off.  In Canada we mix doses, we now get 7G…the internet is now so fast it loads pages before I type in the search field.  Amazing.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • this is me again testing negative for... nevermind

i have decided i am having a better day today...

this is me again testing negative for... nevermind

did steal that and used in regards to gov douchenozzle on adbook....

• mickeyrat said:

lol yes!!!!!!!

mickeyrat said:

lol yes!!!!!!!

its gotten a like and a love.....

This discussion has been closed.