Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,303
    nicknyr15 said:
    White, elected congresswoman advocates gun violence against strangers showing up on your front porch and some folks think the “criminals run the city.” Fuckin A mate, be afraid, very, very afraid.
    What does one have to do with the other? Get over it. What does she have to do with the constant shooting here in NYC?  I didn’t bring up anything to do with politics or race yet here you are in another thread quoting me and bringing up politics and race. Unreal. 
    the dudes unhinged....
    Whats unhinged is an elected member of Congress advocating that you shoot someone who knocks on your door to discuss reality and science. Freedumb.
    she is unhinged too
    Well, at least in my unhingedness, I don’t own any firearms so you don’t have to worry about getting shot ringing my doorbell.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    Preliminary information suggests that the covid infection rate has been extremely low within the Olympic "bubble" and that, by and large, the measures taken around quarantine, masking, and testing have been effective. No evidence at this point that cases have transferred from the "bubble" to the city's population. Those monitoring give partial credit to the high level of vaccination among athletes and crew, which apparently is around 70% - I would have thought it would be higher, actually.

TOKYO, Aug 7 (Reuters) - Before the Olympics began, Japan had feared that the 2020 Games, with thousands of officials, media and athletes descending on Tokyo in the middle of a pandemic, might spread COVID-19, introduce new variants and overwhelm the medical system.

But as the Games draw near their end, the infection numbers from inside the Olympic "bubble" - a set of venues, hotels and the media centre to which those coming for the Games had been mostly confined - tell a different story.

Featuring more than 50,000 people, what amounted to possibly the largest global experiment of this kind since the pandemic began, appears to have largely worked, organisers and some scientists say, with only a sliver of those involved infected.

"Before the Olympics, I thought people would come to Japan with many variants and Tokyo would be a melting pot of viruses and some new variant would emerge in Tokyo," Kei Sato, a senior researcher at the University of Tokyo said.

"But there was no chance for the viruses to mutate."

The main reason for the low number of infections was a vaccination rate of more than 70% among the Olympians, organisers and the news media, daily testing, social distancing and a bar on domestic and international spectators, organisers say.

article continues at link

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/tokyo-has-shown-pandemic-can-be-beaten-games-health-adviser-says-2021-08-07/
    Incredible really. Glad they pulled it off so the athletes could have their moment.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    nicknyr15 said:
    White, elected congresswoman advocates gun violence against strangers showing up on your front porch and some folks think the “criminals run the city.” Fuckin A mate, be afraid, very, very afraid.
    What does one have to do with the other? Get over it. What does she have to do with the constant shooting here in NYC?  I didn’t bring up anything to do with politics or race yet here you are in another thread quoting me and bringing up politics and race. Unreal. 
    the dudes unhinged....
    Whats unhinged is an elected member of Congress advocating that you shoot someone who knocks on your door to discuss reality and science. Freedumb.
    she is unhinged too
    Well, at least in my unhingedness, I don’t own any firearms so you don’t have to worry about getting shot ringing my doorbell.
    You're the best kind of unhinged.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/new-covid-19-cases-in-ontario-jump-above-400-for-first-time-since-mid-june-1.5538982

New COVID-19 cases in Ontario jump above 400 for first time since mid-June

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,651
    You would think obese people would know better.
    He wasn't obese, he was festively plump.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier said:
    Ha.  There should be "American Obese" - which only be reached when 100 pounds overweight.  (We would still be world leaders in obesity.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    edited August 2021
    ^ That always reminds me of the 10C being asked to make a large number of extra large sized t-shirts. I'm like- "why - are all your fans (bad word for obese)"?

I don't know about you guys, but when shit hit the fan, I cranked Gigaton and peddled to the metal to keep my human growth hormone and spirits high.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • tish said:
    ^ That always reminds me of the 10C being asked to make a large number of extra large sized t-shirts. I'm like- "why - are all your fans (bad word for obese)"?

I don't know about you guys, but when shit hit the fan, I cranked Gigaton and peddled to the metal to keep my human growth hormone and spirits high.
    Haha.  The demographic is high in obese white men between 40-55.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    tish said:

Tish, I know that the wildfires are bad in your part of the province - hope you and yours are okay. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Ah shoot, I just came back to delete that comment. 

Thanks grl, so far so good, just missed a few lake swims! And we are being driven indoor to circulate with the 2020 variant du jour.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,745
    tish said:

GnR tonight, I didnt get there early enough for 3x......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    ^ Up here in Canada, I have tix to a magic show in November...
  • Poncier said:
    Ha.  There should be "American Obese" - which only be reached when 100 pounds overweight.  (We would still be world leaders in obesity.)
    one time i had this friend from australia that used to say "americans invented 2 things. 1. patriotism 2. size XXXXL shirts"
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • this is me testing negative for empathy.

i am sorry for my harshness, but people got sick and some may have died because of this man's words. 

may his story be a cautionary tale. but we all know it will not be.

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,931
    Instead of posting this on a thread or two over on The Porch, I'll say it here:

You do not have a constitutional right to be a plague vector -- or a threat to others, period.  It's that simple.

Have questions about the vaccine? Ask your doctor; check the CDC website. Don't listen to some random guy on Facebook.   Sheesh.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038
    this is me testing negative for empathy.

i am sorry for my harshness, but people got sick and some may have died because of this man's words. 

I laughed, NGL. 
  • this is me testing negative for empathy.

I laughed, NGL. 
    i most definitely should not have said that. but it is how i feel. i try to be funny most of the time, but i'm all tapped out right now.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,745

I laughed, NGL. 
    i most definitely should not have said that. but it is how i feel. i try to be funny most of the time, but i'm all tapped out right now.

humor is typically based in truth. are you concerned at all what such a stance means for your humanity? doesnt it kind of become an eroding , coroding thing? starts to slip away unnoticed because its subtle?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    And another....

I guess that's where I am at, too. I think these stories need to be shared, not for empathy and not to celebrate "Darwin." But simply in the hopes that it'll open someone's eyes, even if it's not as many eyes as we'd hope.

I don't have empathy, nor am I happy about it. They're just anecdotes that have (at least in theory) some value.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • mickeyrat said:

I laughed, NGL. 

humor is typically based in truth. are you concerned at all what such a stance means for your humanity? doesnt it kind of become an eroding , coroding thing? starts to slip away unnoticed because its subtle?
    i think i have lost some of my humanity over the last 20 months. i have hidden it pretty well, but it has been a bad week for me and i came here for distraction and ended up saying something i should have kept to myself.

• OnWis97 said:
    And another....

I guess that's where I am at, too. I think these stories need to be shared, not for empathy and not to celebrate "Darwin." But simply in the hopes that it'll open someone's eyes, even if it's not as many eyes as we'd hope.

I don't have empathy, nor am I happy about it. They're just anecdotes that have (at least in theory) some value.
    these stories definitely need to be shared. i am not celebrating darwin.

this should be a cautionary tale but it can't be when everybody's hubris is in the way.

it is just a really really sad state of affairs at the moment.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    mickeyrat said:

I laughed, NGL. 

i think i have lost some of my humanity over the last 20 months. i have hidden it pretty well, but it has been a bad week for me and i came here for distraction and ended up saying something i should have kept to myself.
    it's nowhere near as bad as you think it is. believe me, most of us get it. most of us have said or at least thought something similar. don't beat yourself up about it. it's just so incredibly frustrating how so many people are willing to die to own the libs. and maybe infect someone else in the meantime, and especially with this guy, who probably is indirectly responsible for other people making the same choices and possibly killing themselves or others. it's staggeringly stupid, and no, I don't feel sorry for them either. 

if it was just taking a selfie on the edge of a cliff, fine, but this affects other people. it's like the person taking the selfie on the edge of the cliff but grabbing on to someone behind a fence and taking them with them to their death. 

seeing the numbers of those kids in ICU's now in NO; it is ENRAGING. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    Life needs to be uncomfortable and inconvenient for the unvaccinated.

I would like to see 13 military field hospitals in Canada to send the unvaccinated Covid patients to…just put it in the middle of each province?

why should the unvaccinated take up valuable hospital space because of their poor decisions?

and I never would have said this before…but the unvaccinated without reason should be covering their own Covid treatment so or later.

Ontarios weak premier is to much of a clown to have mandatory vaccinations of heAlth care workers, education workers and children attending school.  He refuses to issue vaccine passports.

Ontario is so fucked and behind the 8 ball.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • mickeyrat said:

I laughed, NGL. 

it's nowhere near as bad as you think it is. believe me, most of us get it. most of us have said or at least thought something similar. don't beat yourself up about it. it's just so incredibly frustrating how so many people are willing to die to own the libs. and maybe infect someone else in the meantime, and especially with this guy, who probably is indirectly responsible for other people making the same choices and possibly killing themselves or others. it's staggeringly stupid, and no, I don't feel sorry for them either. 

if it was just taking a selfie on the edge of a cliff, fine, but this affects other people. it's like the person taking the selfie on the edge of the cliff but grabbing on to someone behind a fence and taking them with them to their death. 

thanks for the words, man. i have been angry about the current situation for a while now and i think i am realizing how hopeless the situation is. people are going to do what they want to do, no matter the risk. but i draw the line at them risking other people. that is where my anger comes from. especially when i have sacrificed and done everything in my power to protect THEM. got the vaccine, continue to mask up and wash hands, etc. it is beyond frustrating. now i just feel sad, and me putting things like "testing negative for empathy" out into the universe is not helping anybody.

mickeyrat said:

I laughed, NGL. 

thanks for the words, man. i have been angry about the current situation for a while now and i think i am realizing how hopeless the situation is. people are going to do what they want to do, no matter the risk. but i draw the line at them risking other people. that is where my anger comes from. especially when i have sacrificed and done everything in my power to protect THEM. got the vaccine, continue to mask up and wash hands, etc. it is beyond frustrating. now i just feel sad, and me putting things like "testing negative for empathy" out into the universe is not helping anybody.
    well, it kind of is. gives the rest of us who are equally frustrated and sad a laugh, even for a second. 

honestly, that saying should go viral, be on a shirt, etc. 

www.headstonesband.com

• KatKat Posts: 4,832
    mickeyrat said:

I laughed, NGL. 

This morning the news show host announced that the next guest would be talking about how the children in the hospital with covid are there alone, away from family. I shut it off...can't listen anymore. It's frustrating....how do you get people to care enough to do things so they won't die?...the children won't die or become orphaned or lose one parent? 

Falling down,...not staying down
    Kat said:
    mickeyrat said:

I laughed, NGL. 

This morning the news show host announced that the next guest would be talking about how the children in the hospital with covid are there alone, away from family. I shut it off...can't listen anymore. It's frustrating....how do you get people to care enough to do things so they won't die?...the children won't die or become orphaned or lose one parent? 

i can't imagine how frightened those kids would be. it would KILL me to know one of my daughters was in that situation. it was bad enough when my first born was 6 and had a two week stay while they got her colitis under control, and we couldn't stay with her. leaving her there in the evening was TORTURE. I can't imagine weeks on end with ZERO contact. makes me so sad for those kids/families. 

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.