Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    5G … you guys got ripped off.  In Canada we mix doses, we now get 7G…the internet is now so fast it loads pages before I type in the search field.  Amazing.
    I might mix still.  They have us doing 28 days until the next shot.

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    this is me again testing negative for... nevermind

i have decided i am having a better day today...
    What are we supposed to think/feel about this?  I mean I know the PC answer but there’s a huge distance between that and what I really think.  And then the more I think of it the worse I feel about myself.  Pretty messed up situation we’re in right now. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm going Thursday for my first of two injections that will hopefully help w my 5G reception.

I will finally go and get my shot and was shocked at how many questions they asked in order for me to do it.

I tried to do a "walk in" on 4 times in the last month and was told there are no more walk ins so I don't know why they keep reporting in my local news that they are.
    What did they ask that you were surprised at? I don’t recall being asked anything more than basic demographic info.

I think you’ll be disappointed in the effect on your 5G. I haven’t seen an improvement and I’m considering a complaint. 
    Asked for my SS number, that one surprised me.

I didn't expect it to be like a formal doctors visit, like the pamphlets you fill out on arrival.

I'm going to be disappointed then that my 5G will still be subpar.  Hopefully the nano's that I'm injected with get upgraded w the booster a few months down the line.  I'm joking of course but I was surprised at all the questions they ask.  Insurance, job.  Weird.
    I didn't get any of that. I did get social I think, but not insurance or job.  But I got mine in March/April.  

Yeah, I almost said F it...

But I didn't.  I want my 5G and to be vaxxed now.  I'm happy w the numbers behind it.
    Was it actually required that you provide that information or just requested, in order to book? I am thinking that they can’t require you to provide it, but they likely want it for public health stats. 

When you get your shot, make sure to tell them you want the upgraded chip. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    I edited the picture so it wouldn’t be flagged as inappropriate, this seems to be spot on. 
  • Suck it Abbott!

Dallas County Judge is going to be able to institute a mask mandate. Good thing because our hospitals are about to be in serious trouble.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,745
     By Joel Achenbach, Carolyn Y. Johnson, Lena H. Sun and Brittany Shammas

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/delta-variant-most-prevalent/2021/08/08/d1017f0e-f558-11eb-9068-bf463c8c74de_story.html

The variant battle in the United States is over. Delta won.
    Since late last year, the country has been overrun by a succession of coronavirus variants, each with its own suite of mutations conferring slightly different viral traits. For much of this year, the alpha variant — officially known as B.1.1.7 and first seen in the United Kingdom — looked like the clear winner, accounting for the majority of cases by April. In second place was iota, B.1.526, first seen in New York City. A few others made the rogue’s gallery of variants: gamma, beta, epsilon.
    Then came delta — B.1.617.2. It had spread rapidly in India, but in the United States, it sat there for months, doing little as the alpha advanced. As recently as May 8, delta caused only about 1 percent of new infections nationally.
    Today, it has nearly wiped out all of its rivals. The coronavirus pandemic in America has become a delta pandemic. By the end of July, it accounted for 93.4 percent of new infections, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
    The speed with which it dominated the pandemic has left scientists nervous about what the virus will do next. The variant battles of 2021 are part of a longer war, one that is far from over.
    Delta is sending thousands of people into hospitals every day and has knocked the Biden administration back on its heels. In a few short weeks, the delta variant changed the calculations for what it will take to end the pandemic.

continues.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,268
    CM189191 said:

Out of curiosity, do you think a 100% vaccinated US means the pandemic is over? If so, you might want to hang on to some of those fuck you’s. I support the vaccine and encouraging others to protect themselves, but I see zero value in this approach.
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm going Thursday for my first of two injections that will hopefully help w my 5G reception.

I will finally go and get my shot and was shocked at how many questions they asked in order for me to do it.

I tried to do a "walk in" on 4 times in the last month and was told there are no more walk ins so I don't know why they keep reporting in my local news that they are.
    What did they ask that you were surprised at? I don’t recall being asked anything more than basic demographic info.

I think you’ll be disappointed in the effect on your 5G. I haven’t seen an improvement and I’m considering a complaint. 

I didn't expect it to be like a formal doctors visit, like the pamphlets you fill out on arrival.

I'm going to be disappointed then that my 5G will still be subpar.  Hopefully the nano's that I'm injected with get upgraded w the booster a few months down the line.  I'm joking of course but I was surprised at all the questions they ask.  Insurance, job.  Weird.
    I didn't get any of that. I did get social I think, but not insurance or job.  But I got mine in March/April.  

But I didn't.  I want my 5G and to be vaxxed now.  I'm happy w the numbers behind it.
    Was it actually required that you provide that information or just requested, in order to book? I am thinking that they can’t require you to provide it, but they likely want it for public health stats. 

Yes they did ask that.  I had a hard time giving them my SS# but I get that I have to have a direct link to myself and the shots.  The other questions about work and insurance I wasn't so sure about...
    edited August 2021
    FiveBelow said:
    CM189191 said:

Out of curiosity, do you think a 100% vaccinated US means the pandemic is over? If so, you might want to hang on to some of those fuck you’s. I support the vaccine and encouraging others to protect themselves, but I see zero value in this approach.
    If you can pass the virus even inoculated this persons point is moot.

Edit:  I also don't care for threatening messages to others that isn't signed.  Lay claim to your words or it doesn't have legs.
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,745
    edited August 2021
    mrussel1 said:

Yes they did ask that.  I had a hard time giving them my SS# but I get that I have to have a direct link to myself and the shots.  The other questions about work and insurance I wasn't so sure about...

it will go into a gov database. fed and state, local....

ins is covering this or is the payment processor. your work? maybe for tracing?

where did you go for it?
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    FiveBelow said:
    CM189191 said:

I think we need to clarify what "pandemic is over" means. It does NOT mean covid is eradicated. It simply means it is no longer a global health crisis, crippling our health care systems. in that case, yes, 100% vaccinated would mean the pandemic is over. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

where did you go for it?
    All y other info is out there so why not share this too?

CVS
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

where did you go for it?
    All y other info is out there so why not share this too?

CVS
    I’m surprised they let you use you SS number.  Here in Canada, we are told to protect our SIN (Canadian version) because of identity theft.

when I got my shots I just showed them my health card…
    Give Peas A Chance…
    FiveBelow said:
    CM189191 said:

I think we need to clarify what "pandemic is over" means. It does NOT mean covid is eradicated. It simply means it is no longer a global health crisis, crippling our health care systems. in that case, yes, 100% vaccinated would mean the pandemic is over. 
    The US makes up 4% of the global population. The social media click bait that was posted addressed only Americans. That is not very sound reasoning if you ask me. The other 7 billion+ people we share this planet with play a part in the pandemic, as well.
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    CM189191 said:

The US makes up 4% of the global population. The social media click bait that was posted addressed only Americans. That is not very sound reasoning if you ask me. The other 7 billion+ people we share this planet with play a part in the pandemic, as well.
    I agree with that. But what was posted was addressing vaccine hesitancy-which we don't know if we'll see in other countries, developing countries, because they simply don't have access to them yet to determine that. 

I highly doubt CM believes that 100% vaccinated US means pandemic is over, by the way. Since there's no fox news in india, I'd imagine once they have real access, they won't have this same problem. 

www.headstonesband.com

• PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    edited August 2021
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    CM189191 said:

I agree with that. But what was posted was addressing vaccine hesitancy-which we don't know if we'll see in other countries, developing countries, because they simply don't have access to them yet to determine that. 

I highly doubt CM believes that 100% vaccinated US means pandemic is over, by the way. Since there's no fox news in india, I'd imagine once they have real access, they won't have this same problem. 
    This got me curious and I believe this article is related (although not specifically about COVID-19).  It rates the countries with the highest rates of vaccine hesitancy worldwide.  
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    CM189191 said:

I feel like religious beliefs alone will pay a big factor in vaccine hesitancy worldwide.
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    CM189191 said:

I feel like religious beliefs alone will pay a big factor in vaccine hesitancy worldwide.
    why? it doesn't seem to be about religious beliefs here. it's some dumbed down idea of freedom and mistrust in science perpetuated by conservatives. I think the fact it's on the right that coincides with religious people is just a coincidence. sure, there's the kooks who think god will protect them, but I honestly think that's a small, vocal minority. 

www.headstonesband.com

FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    CM189191 said:

why? it doesn't seem to be about religious beliefs here. it's some dumbed down idea of freedom and mistrust in science perpetuated by conservatives. I think the fact it's on the right that coincides with religious people is just a coincidence. sure, there's the kooks who think god will protect them, but I honestly think that's a small, vocal minority. 
    The right wing media are definitely the ones pushing anti-science/anti-vaccine rhetoric.  I think that the buy -ins to those far right media outlets are the ones refusing to get vaccinated.  

FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    CM189191 said:

Just a hunch. Based on information within the local medical community, the most common reasoning for vaccine refusal among staff was religious exemptions. Given the diversity typically found within the medical community, I do not think hesitancy will only be unique to americans.

FiveBelow said:

FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    CM189191 said:

Just a hunch. Based on information within the local medical community, the most common reasoning for vaccine refusal among staff was religious exemptions. Given the diversity typically found within the medical community, I do not think hesitancy will only be unique to americans.

To play the devil’s advocate, what other reasons can they use to refuse the vaccine?  There is no “political exemption”, or “my hillbilly friend said” exemption, :)
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,490
    edited August 2021
    People here are refusing  due to fears of what the vaccine  will do to you. 
    Its not political or religious here at all from what ive seen. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    But there's a correlation here.  It's no coincidence that the hesitancy is rooted in the Republican party and that's also the party that is more religious and less educated.  It doesn't mean that ONLY Republicans, but there is a correlation.  
    PJPOWER said:
    FiveBelow said:

FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    CM189191 said:

To play the devil’s advocate, what other reasons can they use to refuse the vaccine?  There is no “political exemption”, or “my hillbilly friend said” exemption, :)
    Lol. I couldn’t speak to that, but the fact it is an exemption is telling. For many it is probably seen as an “out”, but for those who feel it goes against their beliefs it is a reason we will have to accept. Rob has given many examples of hesitancy not being uniquely American. 
    True religious exemptions should be vanishingly rare, since none of the major world religions are anti-vaccination. Christian Scientists (and what a misnomer that is) believe only in healing by prayer, and some small Christian evangelical churches believe only in faith healing, but that’s about it. Even religious cultural groups like the Amish aren’t anti-vaccination in their basic teachings, though some sects may go that way. The use of “religious exemption” is basically a cloak for personal beliefs, which can be swayed by a number of factors beyond religion. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    mrussel1 said:
    But there's a correlation here.  It's no coincidence that the hesitancy is rooted in the Republican party and that's also the party that is more religious and less educated.  It doesn't mean that ONLY Republicans, but there is a correlation.  

By demographic (though the data is incomplete), the least vaccinated group in America are black people. So you're right that it's not ONLY Republicans, but it might not be MAINLY Republicans either, going off the assumption that there's more black Democrats than there are black Republicans. 

"Black Americans are the least vaccinated demographic group, according to the Centers for Disease Control, which estimates that 25% of the Black population in the US is fully vaccinated. Of the US population that is fully vaccinated, only 9% are Black. However, this data is incomplete -- the CDC reports that race and ethnicity data is available for 68% of people who are fully vaccinated."

"The difference between life and death" Community leaders boost efforts to reach unvaccinated Black Americans amid Delta spike - CNN
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Also, in some developing nations there is vaccine hesitancy related to prior aid programming that hasn’t been done well, and fears stoked by misinformation that the vaccines are designed to sterilize the population, etc. This predates covid vaccination. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    mrussel1 said:

By demographic (though the data is incomplete), the least vaccinated group in America are black people. So you're right that it's not ONLY Republicans, but it might not be MAINLY Republicans either, going off the assumption that there's more black Democrats than there are black Republicans. 

"Black Americans are the least vaccinated demographic group, according to the Centers for Disease Control, which estimates that 25% of the Black population in the US is fully vaccinated. Of the US population that is fully vaccinated, only 9% are Black. However, this data is incomplete -- the CDC reports that race and ethnicity data is available for 68% of people who are fully vaccinated."

"The difference between life and death" Community leaders boost efforts to reach unvaccinated Black Americans amid Delta spike - CNN
    Blacks make up only 14% of the population.  So while it is true that by demographic they are the least, there are more white Americans unvaxxed than black ones.  And the hesitancy is rooted in the GOP, not the D's.  https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/11/majorities-support-vaccine-mask-mandates-republicans-503506
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038

I don't know, maybe if conservative media and politicians weren't leading the vaccine rejection charge and spreading rampant misinformation then trumpers wouldn't be getting the lions' share of blame here? 

Just a thought. 
This discussion has been closed.