Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    my just-turned-12-year old got her first pfizer dose today. so in 6 weeks or so our entire family will be fully vaxxed, which is good. i'm just worried about the variants that will pop up. now there's a delta plus. jesus. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    my just-turned-12-year old got her first pfizer dose today. so in 6 weeks or so our entire family will be fully vaxxed, which is good. i'm just worried about the variants that will pop up. now there's a delta plus. jesus. 
    Cool.  My 12 year old was dosed two months ago.  The last one to get it was my 19 year old son who is just lazy.  But he had covid last year at school too.  I told him we probably had to show cards to get into the Padres game when we were in CA, so that got him going.  It's also required to attend classes in the fall. So the whole family is done too.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    I wish those fucking cards fit in my wallet...horrible planning on that
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Yeah.  I just took the photo
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    nicknyr15 said:
    at this point i think we need to just start shaming the antivaxxers. keep them out of places where they can spread to other people who are masking and following recommendations.

you don't want to get a vaccine? fine. do not go to that restaurant. do not go to that concert. we have done what has been asked of us. we have gotten the vaccine and still wear masks and still wash hands and take precautions. i am tired of doing everything that has been asked of me and still having to fear going to places because of people who refuse to do the bare minimum. 

i believe it is time for rewards and consequences. we should have been on the other side of this thing months ago. the non vaccinated are fucking up my business and costing me money and i am sick of it. 
    Shaming won’t work. Ever. I thinks it’s time for everyone to mind their own business and move on. I’m sick of hearing from both vaccinated and non vaccinated people.  I’m not directing this at you or anyone in particular at all. It’s just tiring. 
    no. 

the unvaccinated are taking up all of the hospital beds here. that means no elective surgeries happen because there are no rooms and beds to put people. 90+% of these inpatients are unvaccinated, therefore preventable. now my access to my biggest accounts is limited because of this. if there are no surgeries, i am not selling anything and my business is retracting instead of growing. i have a 500K sale on the table that i am going to fucking lose again for the 2nd year in a row because surgeries and surgical income is down at those facilites. i can understand last year because there was no vaccine. now there are vaccines for everyone and i am going to lose 45k this year because of these people refusing to take it. 

they do not want the vaccine? they can isolate from society and stay home and let the rest of us go about our lives as normal. i am so sick of accommodating the unvaccinated.
    +1
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    Well y’all they say the Antichrist will come from the east…..never said it was human 

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,745
    mrussel1 said:

mine is on a mychart app with the hospital system I got jabbed at.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

I just went ahead and got chipped, total time saver
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    Manitoba schools opening up completely sept 7.

masks recommended but not required. 

motherfucker. 
    Geez I wonder how the social pressure's going to shake out on that...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Plus, the chip can be activated to kill any tail or third eye that you might develop.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Plus, the chip can be activated to kill any tail or third eye that you might develop.

waiting to see how it affects people and gets approval. maybe version 6.7 on the 18th booster shot.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    now I know where all the chips went.  Automakers and truck manufacturers are at the back of the line....

OnWis97 said:
    Manitoba schools opening up completely sept 7.

masks recommended but not required. 

motherfucker. 
    Geez I wonder how the social pressure's going to shake out on that...
    it's going to be an utter SHITSHOW. many businesses are already coming out saying they will still require mask wearing. I do anticipate a lot of pushback on that, confrontations, etc. it's going to be ugly

www.headstonesband.com

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    edited August 2021
    I hope were I live my 6 and 5 year old do not need to wear masks this year at school. Still waiting on NB to have a roll out plan for what is going to happen. 

Also my wife owns a business. She has to deal with both sides of people wanting to wear masks still and those that do not. Hard to keep everyone happy. Ultimately they went with the message of strongly encourage everyone to wear masks and all of her workers wear them. 
    Post edited by PJNB on

I love that guy LOL

www.headstonesband.com

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    PJNB said:
    I hope were I live my 6 and 5 year old do not need to wear masks this year at school. Still waiting on NB to have a roll out plan for what is going to happen. 

Also my wife owns a business. She has to deal with both sides of people wanting to wear masks still and those that do not. Hard to keep everyone happy. Ultimately they went with the message of strongly encourage everyone to wear masks and all of her workers wear them. 
    Gov of NJ will be announcing tomorrow that all K-12 students will have to wear masks in schools.  Ugh.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/08/nj-students-in-grades-k-12-must-wear-masks-at-start-of-school-year-murphy-to-announce.html
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

Gov of NJ will be announcing tomorrow that all K-12 students will have to wear masks in schools.  Ugh.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/08/nj-students-in-grades-k-12-must-wear-masks-at-start-of-school-year-murphy-to-announce.html
    I am hoping you guys are close to your peak in NJ man. Things are still rising but the rate of the rise is slowing down. When it drops again hopefully restrictions can once again lift with it.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    Give Peas A Chance…

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    Here at this hospital the vaccine is mandated for all employees, these anti-vaccine crowd is not too happy! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    Here at this hospital the vaccine is mandated for all employees, these anti-vaccine crowd is not too happy! 
    In Ontario, they are not making vaccines mandatory for health care workers or education workers, or are they requiring children 12 and above to be vaccinated to attend school...wtf.

If a 4th wave happens I doubt the idiot running this province will be able to successfully introduce a lockdown...small business is fed up losing money...and I don't blame them...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    Can anyone recommend a good vax app that you can use as proof of vax? Some seem to be phishing so I'm looking for something that isn't doing that. Are there any good ones? Thanks. :) Stay safe.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    edited August 2021
    Kat said:
    Can anyone recommend a good vax app that you can use as proof of vax? Some seem to be phishing so I'm looking for something that isn't doing that. Are there any good ones? Thanks. :) Stay safe.

My healthcare provider/system has an app where I can upload medical 'documents'. I would encourage you all to see if yours does as well and consider using that. Benefit is that you have a profile that can be corroborated with any photo ID, etc., and from what I've heard anecdotally anyway, seems to work for places that require presentation of one's vaccine card. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,929
    Kat said:

Tech article from WaPo reviewing how to prove vax status:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/07/31/covid-vaccine-card-phone/
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    Kat said:

Here's an article from the Post a few days ago that went through them.  If you can't see it, I can post it in full.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/07/31/covid-vaccine-card-phone/
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,929

<<Yelp on Thursday announced it was introducing two new features to help direct users to businesses that are taking extra precautions amid the COVID-19 pandemic and the spread of the delta variant.

In a press release, the company said that users will now be able to apply filters for businesses where proof of vaccination is required for customers and for businesses where all staff members are fully vaccinated.>>

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:

Here's an article from the Post a few days ago that went through them.  If you can't see it, I can post it in full.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/07/31/covid-vaccine-card-phone/
    Thanks, we can't post complete articles for copyright reasons but a short portion of it followed by a link is respecting copyrights. That one is behind a paywall so can you characterize it? I've taken a photo of my vax card and some articles are saying that could be enough. Has anyone done that and used the image successfully as proof? :) 
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.