Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,684
    Fauci Says Domestic Travel Vaccination Rule Should Be Considered (msn.com)

I'm vaccinated (including booster) and have flown 5 times in the last couple months, but i disagree with this.  You can catch the virus and transmit whether you are vaxed or non-vaxed.   The unvaccinated have been on planes and in restaurants ever since March 2020.  Why start now?  COVID19 is terrible, but time for people to make their own decisions about what they are comfortable doing and move on.  
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,944

I'm vaccinated (including booster) and have flown 5 times in the last couple months, but i disagree with this.  You can catch the virus and transmit whether you are vaxed or non-vaxed.   The unvaccinated have been on planes and in restaurants ever since March 2020.  Why start now?  COVID19 is terrible, but time for people to make their own decisions about what they are comfortable doing and move on.  
    The same dude who said there would be no mandates and it goes against peoples freedom…..Im against this mandate and honestly sick of hearing what this guy has to say. I have a feeling a lot of people would  be sick of him too if he didn’t become such a political figure. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    It just seems at this point we are only delaying the inevitable.   
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,185
    nicknyr15 said:

The same dude who said there would be no mandates and it goes against peoples freedom…..Im against this mandate and honestly sick of hearing what this guy has to say. I have a feeling a lot of people would  be sick of him too if he didn’t become such a political figure. 
    the situation evolves as the science evolves. our top health official said "don't bother with masks" and a week later said "everyone wear a mask". this pandemic isn't static. everything changes with every new strain/season/etc. when fauci says something he's saying it as if thing remains as they are. when the situation changes, his stance can change. that's the nature of science and discovery. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:

the situation evolves as the science evolves. our top health official said "don't bother with masks" and a week later said "everyone wear a mask". this pandemic isn't static. everything changes with every new strain/season/etc. when fauci says something he's saying it as if thing remains as they are. when the situation changes, his stance can change. that's the nature of science and discovery. 
    I understand that, but that just means that sometimes he is wrong.  So it is fair to disagree with some of his comments because he isn’t always right.  
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I understand this rebuttal to anything that bashes Fauci. But I honestly don’t care. It doesn’t change the way I feel about him. And I genuinely believe if he was a less political figure , more people would dislike him. When him and Biden say something like “no one seen this coming” about this current strain, my eyes roll. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:

Yep. Same Here.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I understand that, but that just means that sometimes he is wrong.  So it is fair to disagree with some of his comments because he isn’t always right.  
    he's generally been right with the information he had at hand. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I understand this rebuttal to anything that bashes Fauci. But I honestly don’t care. It doesn’t change the way I feel about him. And I genuinely believe if he was a less political figure , more people would dislike him. When him and Biden say something like “no one seen this coming” about this current strain, my eyes roll. 
    Why do you see him as a political figure? I don't.  I see him as an infectious disease expert.  His role is to be conservative.  

The analogy I use is working with you general counsel in business.  Their role is to eliminate risk.  They give you the zero risk scenario.  But if you listened to them word for word,  you wouldn't have a business.  
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

he didn't say "no one seen this coming" in the way you are claiming here. he said the current number of mutations in omicron is unprecedented, but he obviously forecasted that mutations themselves would be part of life. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10326203/We-saw-coming-Fauci-contradicts-Harris-claim-administration-did-not-predict-variants.html

it's really odd to me that people expect him to be ahead of this once-in-a-lifetime situation 100% of the time, especially when the top officials often don't listen to him, or politicize him, or downright lie about him. 

I really don't see what there is to dislike about the guy. I guess some people expect him to be some guy with an S on his chest and save the world. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

he didn't say "no one seen this coming" in the way you are claiming here. he said the current number of mutations in omicron is unprecedented, but he obviously forecasted that mutations themselves would be part of life. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10326203/We-saw-coming-Fauci-contradicts-Harris-claim-administration-did-not-predict-variants.html

it's really odd to me that people expect him to be ahead of this once-in-a-lifetime situation 100% of the time, especially when the top officials often don't listen to him, or politicize him, or downright lie about him. 

I really don't see what there is to dislike about the guy. I guess some people expect him to be some guy with an S on his chest and save the world. 
    I accept that you’re a fan of him. I am not and I don’t feel the need to have to defend my opinion of him. To me he’s become a Dr Phil, Dr Oz, Dr Drew etc… I don’t take him seriously like I did when this first started. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,567
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Why do you see him as a political figure? I don't.  I see him as an infectious disease expert.  His role is to be conservative.  

The analogy I use is working with you general counsel in business.  Their role is to eliminate risk.  They give you the zero risk scenario.  But if you listened to them word for word,  you wouldn't have a business.  
    The vast majority of people who see him as a political figure are the ones trying to demonize him for trying to keep us safe. Guy was originally appointed to his position by Reagan. He's not a political figure. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    There's been a concerted effort to undermine and vilify Fauci, and it's been quite successful among conservative America.

The following quotes are taken from this recent NY Times article written in the wake of Jesse Watters' suggestion that Fauci needs to be "ambushed" with a "kill shot". https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/23/business/media/fox-anthony-fauci-jesse-watters.html

“Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida, who is widely viewed as a leader of the Republican Party, referred to Dr. Fauci as a “Covid authoritarian””

“Senator Ted Cruz, Republican of Texas, described Dr. Fauci as “the most dangerous bureaucrat in the history of the country” during a Fox News interview”

“In April, Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Georgia Republican, introduced the Fire Fauci Act, a bill that, among other measures, would strip Dr. Fauci of his salary. (It has not progressed in Congress.)"

"Former President Donald J. Trump has called Dr. Fauci “a radical masker” and questioned the doctor’s efforts to combat the pandemic.”

"Fox News is a frequent venue for the criticism, and where the doctor is occasionally referred to as “Lord Fauci.” The network’s highest-rated hosts often depict him as an authoritarian determined to strip Americans of basic freedoms. Tucker Carlson has claimed that Dr. Fauci “created Covid,” and accused him of spreading “authoritarian germ hysteria.”

“On Oct. 4, Mr. Carlson accused Mr. Fauci of deciding “to unilaterally end Christmas,” in remarks that also included a reference to “sneezing, unvaccinated illegal immigrants coming into this country,” which Mr. Carlson said had contributed to more Covid-19 cases."

“Lara Logan, a former CBS News correspondent, used an appearance on Fox News in November to compare Dr. Fauci to Josef Mengele, the notorious Nazi doctor and murderer, prompting a rebuke from the Anti-Defamation League. Since then, Ms. Logan has not appeared on Fox News or the streaming platform Fox Nation.“

• Options
    There's been a concerted effort to undermine and vilify Fauci, and it's been quite successful among conservative America.

The following quotes are taken from this recent NY Times article written in the wake of Jesse Watters' suggestion that Fauci needs to be "ambushed" with a "kill shot". https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/23/business/media/fox-anthony-fauci-jesse-watters.html

“Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida, who is widely viewed as a leader of the Republican Party, referred to Dr. Fauci as a “Covid authoritarian””

“Senator Ted Cruz, Republican of Texas, described Dr. Fauci as “the most dangerous bureaucrat in the history of the country” during a Fox News interview”

“In April, Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Georgia Republican, introduced the Fire Fauci Act, a bill that, among other measures, would strip Dr. Fauci of his salary. (It has not progressed in Congress.)"

"Former President Donald J. Trump has called Dr. Fauci “a radical masker” and questioned the doctor’s efforts to combat the pandemic.”

"Fox News is a frequent venue for the criticism, and where the doctor is occasionally referred to as “Lord Fauci.” The network’s highest-rated hosts often depict him as an authoritarian determined to strip Americans of basic freedoms. Tucker Carlson has claimed that Dr. Fauci “created Covid,” and accused him of spreading “authoritarian germ hysteria.”

“On Oct. 4, Mr. Carlson accused Mr. Fauci of deciding “to unilaterally end Christmas,” in remarks that also included a reference to “sneezing, unvaccinated illegal immigrants coming into this country,” which Mr. Carlson said had contributed to more Covid-19 cases."

“Lara Logan, a former CBS News correspondent, used an appearance on Fox News in November to compare Dr. Fauci to Josef Mengele, the notorious Nazi doctor and murderer, prompting a rebuke from the Anti-Defamation League. Since then, Ms. Logan has not appeared on Fox News or the streaming platform Fox Nation.“

Blood on all those folks' hands. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

The vast majority of people who see him as a political figure are the ones trying to demonize him for trying to keep us safe. Guy was originally appointed to his position by Reagan. He's not a political figure. 
    This is exactly what I mean. If you dislike Fauci, you’re labeled an anti science , republican. Which isn’t the case with me. But whatever. 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792

Yep.  I'm fully vaxxed and currently dealing with my own case of covid.  It's blatantly obvious that being vaxxed does not help contain the spread so why on earth would they institute a mandate like this??  It will do nothing.  It's like the vax mandate that Chicago and Cook County have going into place in January where you have to be fully vaxxed to go to gyms, restaurants, movies, etc...  NYC and LA have had a similar mandate in place for months and they are both seeing record amounts of cases.  What science are they following here???  It's all just political theater.  
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

This is exactly what I mean. If you dislike Fauci, you’re labeled an anti science , republican. Which isn’t the case with me. But whatever. 
    "Vast majority" does not mean everyone, does it?
    https://www.axios.com/approval-rating-roberts-biden-mcconell-pelosi-schumer-26675fe1-3101-4b9b-8762-25f6c01384b6.html
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,317
    well our global sales meeting in florida in 5 weeks has been canceled due to covid. 

i am glad because i really did not want to fucking go and be around all those people. especially in florida.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    i have spent the last 2 days trying to find at home tests and have been to 12 pharmacies here and nobody has them. i looked online and most are out of stock. even wal mart has sold out of them.

i have had sinus pressure for 4 days and an ear ache for the last 2. no fevers, no loss of smell or taste, no cough. no sore throat. only other symptom is being tired but i am tired all the time now, haha. my nose is not running, and my sinus and throat passage feels dry. 

honestly i have had colds and bouts of seasonal allergies worse than this so i doubt it is covid. but fucking hell i can't even get tested to rule it out.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    this is brilliant. the horse names had me rolling, haha  sound up

• Options
    donald trump got the covid booster shot. total fucking sheep move ... 
    i've lost all trust in him right after he pulled that bone head move    ;)
    weak
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I accept that you’re a fan of him. I am not and I don’t feel the need to have to defend my opinion of him. To me he’s become a Dr Phil, Dr Oz, Dr Drew etc… I don’t take him seriously like I did when this first started. 
    Good lord.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Good lord.
    I know. How dare me. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    CDC has just decreased recommended quarantine time from 10 days to 5 days after testing positive for COVID

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Good lord.
    so because i trust him and listen to what he recommends, does that make me a fauci fanboy?

there are a lot of people i respect, but i would not consider myself a fan of them. like buying fauci merch or something. 

that concept is ludicrous to me. it is just a way to criticize other people.

"you don't agree with him you have to hate him!!" or "you respect him you gotta love him, fanboy!!"

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,019
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Good lord.
    I was looking for the words, but yours are perfect. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Good lord.
    so because i trust him and listen to what he recommends, does that make me a fauci fanboy?

there are a lot of people i respect, but i would not consider myself a fan of them. like buying fauci merch or something. 

"you don't agree with him you have to hate him!!" or "you respect him you gotta love him, fanboy!!"

Seems as if you are not the one politicizing him in this back and forth here. Just wanted to point that out....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Good lord.

To your first question, ask nick.

is there fauci merch? Who knew.

what concept are you referring to?

Love/hate? Do The Right Thing?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Did someone say merch? 

• Options
    Did someone say merch? 

But is there fan boy fauci merch?

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.