Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,441
    i have spent the last 2 days trying to find at home tests and have been to 12 pharmacies here and nobody has them. i looked online and most are out of stock. even wal mart has sold out of them.

i have had sinus pressure for 4 days and an ear ache for the last 2. no fevers, no loss of smell or taste, no cough. no sore throat. only other symptom is being tired but i am tired all the time now, haha. my nose is not running, and my sinus and throat passage feels dry. 

honestly i have had colds and bouts of seasonal allergies worse than this so i doubt it is covid. but fucking hell i can't even get tested to rule it out.

no available appts at pharmacies anywhere?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    Did someone say merch? 

I'm so tired of Fauci politicizing the pandemic...
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Fauci Says Domestic Travel Vaccination Rule Should Be Considered (msn.com)

I'm vaccinated (including booster) and have flown 5 times in the last couple months, but i disagree with this.  You can catch the virus and transmit whether you are vaxed or non-vaxed.   The unvaccinated have been on planes and in restaurants ever since March 2020.  Why start now?  COVID19 is terrible, but time for people to make their own decisions about what they are comfortable doing and move on.  
    The same dude who said there would be no mandates and it goes against peoples freedom…..Im against this mandate and honestly sick of hearing what this guy has to say. I have a feeling a lot of people would  be sick of him too if he didn’t become such a political figure. 
    the situation evolves as the science evolves. our top health official said "don't bother with masks" and a week later said "everyone wear a mask". this pandemic isn't static. everything changes with every new strain/season/etc. when fauci says something he's saying it as if thing remains as they are. when the situation changes, his stance can change. that's the nature of science and discovery. 
    I understand this rebuttal to anything that bashes Fauci. But I honestly don’t care. It doesn’t change the way I feel about him. And I genuinely believe if he was a less political figure , more people would dislike him. When him and Biden say something like “no one seen this coming” about this current strain, my eyes roll. 
    he didn't say "no one seen this coming" in the way you are claiming here. he said the current number of mutations in omicron is unprecedented, but he obviously forecasted that mutations themselves would be part of life. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10326203/We-saw-coming-Fauci-contradicts-Harris-claim-administration-did-not-predict-variants.html

it's really odd to me that people expect him to be ahead of this once-in-a-lifetime situation 100% of the time, especially when the top officials often don't listen to him, or politicize him, or downright lie about him. 

I really don't see what there is to dislike about the guy. I guess some people expect him to be some guy with an S on his chest and save the world. 
    I accept that you’re a fan of him. I am not and I don’t feel the need to have to defend my opinion of him. To me he’s become a Dr Phil, Dr Oz, Dr Drew etc… I don’t take him seriously like I did when this first started. 
    Good lord.
    so because i trust him and listen to what he recommends, does that make me a fauci fanboy?

there are a lot of people i respect, but i would not consider myself a fan of them. like buying fauci merch or something. 

that concept is ludicrous to me. it is just a way to criticize other people.

"you don't agree with him you have to hate him!!" or "you respect him you gotta love him, fanboy!!"

To your first question, ask nick.

is there fauci merch? Who knew.

what concept are you referring to?

Love/hate? Do The Right Thing The Night of the Hunter
    Fixed. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,489
    nicknyr15 said:
    Fauci Says Domestic Travel Vaccination Rule Should Be Considered (msn.com)

I'm vaccinated (including booster) and have flown 5 times in the last couple months, but i disagree with this.  You can catch the virus and transmit whether you are vaxed or non-vaxed.   The unvaccinated have been on planes and in restaurants ever since March 2020.  Why start now?  COVID19 is terrible, but time for people to make their own decisions about what they are comfortable doing and move on.  
    The same dude who said there would be no mandates and it goes against peoples freedom…..Im against this mandate and honestly sick of hearing what this guy has to say. I have a feeling a lot of people would  be sick of him too if he didn’t become such a political figure. 
    Who made him a villain? Let’s see if your memory serves you right , fuck the unvaccinated I say make their lives miserable yeah let’s hold him responsible for a virus that will just keep evolving! His message has to change with it..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    CDC has just decreased recommended quarantine time from 10 days to 5 days after testing positive for COVID

My understanding is that this is for vaxxed and unvaxxed alike.  A move in the positive direction IMO.  Hoping that variants get milder from here on out and people decide to stop hating on each other about their personal health practices.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    Did someone say merch? 

The real question is how am I supposed to drink a beer with a mask on? and don't you dare say with a straw!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Did someone say merch? 

The real question is how am I supposed to drink a beer with a mask on? and don't you dare say with a straw!
    Shotgunning beers is the CDC recommended drinking process.  It minimizes the time the mask if off.  
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I just take my alcohol with an IV…safety first.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I just take my alcohol with an IV…safety first.
    Smart, but I'm tired of running out of needles at the bar and having to scrounge around to find one on the floor.  PITA. 
  • Options
    Is this the quote for the 'mandate' that caused the ruckus here yesterday?

Fauci: 'I don’t think people should expect' a domestic flight vaccine mandate

"It’s on the table," he added. "But that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. I doubt if we’re going to see something like that in the reasonably foreseeable future.”

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    I don’t think he is a political figure. I think he is a politicized figure. And there is a difference. In fact, I wish he was better at politics and understood that people are going to struggle with the changing nature of science and then he would air on the cautious side with things like masks.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    We should have just rode herd.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,940
    mrussel1 said:

"It’s on the table," he added. "But that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. I doubt if we’re going to see something like that in the reasonably foreseeable future.”

Yes because he’s never said one thing and did another. And no.. the quote that caused all the ruckus was me stating that I don’t like Fauci. And suggesting that many more would feel the same if some of the louder GOP members didn’t express dislike for him. Must love Fauci because Cruz, Trump etc doesn’t like him…… how dare me. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yes because he’s never said one thing and did another. And no.. the quote that caused all the ruckus was me stating that I don’t like Fauci. And suggesting that many more would feel the same if some of the louder GOP members didn’t express dislike for him. Must love Fauci because Cruz, Trump etc doesn’t like him…… how dare me. 

you made a statement within that chain saying you dont have to defend your position. I agree, you arent required to , but I am asking just the same. This isnt to bait you or anything. I am genuinely curious. If you'd  prefer pm,  I AM interested in your reasons
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Working from home this week because my brother tested positive & we were around him a lot on the 24th & 25th. He was vaccinated, but not boosted & feels like shit. I feel fine, but can't get tested until Thursday morning. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,555
    OnWis97 said:
    I don’t think he is a political figure. I think he is a politicized figure. And there is a difference. In fact, I wish he was better at politics and understood that people are going to struggle with the changing nature of science and then he would air on the cautious side with things like masks.
    Correctamundo.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    Correctamundo.

Fonzie?

• Options
    i have spent the last 2 days trying to find at home tests and have been to 12 pharmacies here and nobody has them. i looked online and most are out of stock. even wal mart has sold out of them.

i have had sinus pressure for 4 days and an ear ache for the last 2. no fevers, no loss of smell or taste, no cough. no sore throat. only other symptom is being tired but i am tired all the time now, haha. my nose is not running, and my sinus and throat passage feels dry. 

honestly i have had colds and bouts of seasonal allergies worse than this so i doubt it is covid. but fucking hell i can't even get tested to rule it out.
    Can't find any here in KC either. We did get an appointment to be tested on Thursday, though. Hope you feel better soon.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    mfc2006 said:

Can't find any here in KC either. We did get an appointment to be tested on Thursday, though. Hope you feel better soon.
    The lack of testing available at this point is pretty fucking crazy. Not as crazy as the dopes who refuse to get vaccinated, but it should not be this hard this far into it to get a test. 

Luckily my wife got a bunch of the self tests a while back. My family was able to all test prior to xmas last week. Thankfully all negative. We have two left over. 

Hope you guys feel better. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

The lack of testing available at this point is pretty fucking crazy. Not as crazy as the dopes who refuse to get vaccinated, but it should not be this hard this far into it to get a test. 

Luckily my wife got a bunch of the self tests a while back. My family was able to all test prior to xmas last week. Thankfully all negative. We have two left over. 

Glad you brought that up, I was hesitant to. The lack of testing is embarrassing this far into a pandemic. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mfc2006 said:

Glad you brought that up, I was hesitant to. The lack of testing is embarrassing this far into a pandemic. 
    No one has brought this up yet? lol That is surprising. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mfc2006 said:

No one has brought this up yet? lol That is surprising. 
    I don’t recall but I could  be wrong. 
  • Options
    Why didn’t private businesses ramp up the production so all the retailers could have plenty? Why didn’t private labs and testing facilities ramp up to meet the demand? Especially, in and around airports? Where was Jeff Bezos in this crisis? Where were the market forces to cure our ills? Lots of opportunities out there but sadly big business didn’t step up.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

Yeah, it's nuts. The CVS near my house said that they have no idea when they will arrive or how many will arrive. Once they do arrive, they sell out right away.

Also, CVS/Walgreens do not have any testing appointments available until next week. It's nuts. 

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Why didn’t private businesses ramp up the production so all the retailers could have plenty? Why didn’t private labs and testing facilities ramp up to meet the demand? Especially, in and around airports? Where was Jeff Bezos in this crisis? Where were the market forces to cure our ills? Lots of opportunities out there but sadly big business didn’t step up.
    Good Lord

soooooo, no blame goes to the federal
    government? 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    Some appointments are still asking about symptoms...leading me to infer that the supply is viewed as limited. It's bonkers.

I know a lot of the anti-vaxxers are also becoming anti-testers ("Just stop testing" can be found in reply to any story about a team having players test positive). But for the normal among us, it still feels like a major hassle at best to even get tested...and at worst, it's not even possible.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Good Lord

government? 
    I thought “government was the problem?”

No blame goes to elected repubs? You know, all those states’ rights, repub governors and legislators that we keep hearing are so great? Does all the responsibility fall on Brandon?

Good lord is right. Want a test? Go to an airport and pay anywhere from $250 to $400. Another faux outrage.

I’ll ask again, where is corporate America with huge profits to be made with such low hanging fruit, there for the picking?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Good Lord

government? 

No blame goes to elected repubs? You know, all those states’ rights, repub governors and legislators that we keep hearing are so great? Does all the responsibility fall on Brandon?

Good lord is right. Want a test? Go to an airport and pay anywhere from $250 to $400. Another faux outrage.

I’ll ask again, where is corporate America with huge profits to be made with such low hanging fruit, there for the picking?
    Come on man. The blame goes all around, including the fed government. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Good Lord

government? 

All I’m saying is you were singing a different tune last year. I understand you take politics very seriously. Almost like a cult or a religion to you. Apparently the responsibility doesn’t fall on “Brandon”. Actually, didn’t he say it falls on the states? So I guess you’re right. He did say there’s “no federal solution”. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Good Lord

government? 

All I’m saying is you were singing a different tune last year. I understand you take politics very seriously. Almost like a cult or a religion to you. Apparently the responsibility doesn’t fall on “Brandon”. Actually, didn’t he say it falls on the states? So I guess you’re right. He did say there’s “no federal solution”. 
    Oh jesus christ you two. That falls on the states thing was taken completely out of context. lol 
    chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.