Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,174
    sister flies to mexico tomorrow. returns NYD. my parents are very nervous about this.....
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Booster protection wanes against symptomatic Omicron infections, British data suggests.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/23/health/booster-protection-omicron.html
    yay
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,940
    mace1229 said:
    Did anyone think doctors would take sexual favors to write a script and risk their careers?
    That was my thought. If a doctor is willing to run a pill mill, there probably are doctors who give out fake vax cards. Probably isn’t common, but I’m sure it happens. 
    I don’t know why anyone would pay $500 when there is basically no security behind them.
    The sexual favors thing is much more believable to me than a doctor physically injecting a syringe into a garbage can for 500 bucks....when these cards appear quite easy to duplicate for much less than that. 
    Again, a fake card is different from being entered in the data base. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,063
    You couldn't pay me enough to get on an airplane right now.
    nicknyr15 said:
    If I hear one more person say “no one saw this coming” I’m gonna lose it. We’ve been warned about variants for over a year now. 

True.  That's been widely talked about for some time.  Has anyone actually said "no one saw this coming"?  I hadn't heard that.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Speaking of calling the cops..would any of you call the police on your neighbour if he was digging a big hole in his backyard?  That’s a tough one, what if the hole is for you?  Hmmm.

is there any evidence that doctors are involved in the black market  vaccine passport bs.  

It seems easier just to get the vaccine than have to wonder if the law will catch up with you…

of course it appears the vaccine is majorly flawed…might be best to quit telling folks in Canada 🇨🇦 that the vaccine is the way back to normal…lmfao.  The federal politicians are hiding again…they’ll show up to call another 600 million dollar election.

in the week that the politician began preaching their fear, in Ontario ICU cases  have dropped…nothing to do with latest measures…looks like this variant is similar to SA.  Lots sick with the sniffles…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

These numbers have stressed out Canadas world class healthcare…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,079
    brianlux said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    If I hear one more person say “no one saw this coming” I’m gonna lose it. We’ve been warned about variants for over a year now. 

True.  That's been widely talked about for some time.  Has anyone actually said "no one saw this coming"?  I hadn't heard that.
    We watched Elf last night with our kids for the first time. During the scene where he was eating gum off the bridge my wife and I said “eww1” our 5 year old asked “why is that eww?”
    Flying on a plane is pretty low risk compared to the what we go through in the every day life of a 5 year old.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    nicknyr15 said:

We watched Elf last night with our kids for the first time. During the scene where he was eating gum off the bridge my wife and I said “eww1” our 5 year old asked “why is that eww?”
    Flying on a plane is pretty low risk compared to the what we go through in the every day life of a 5 year old.
    Not in the middle of a pandemic, and not for a aerophobe who has been in two major airline close-calls!   Ohhhhh no.  I'm not doing that "three-strikes and your out" shit, lol! :fearful:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Ya, the mush brain in office own VP said it the other day…..How CNN even dared to report this is beyond me.   
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,489
    brianlux said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Ya, the mush brain in office own VP said it the other day…..How CNN even dared to report this is beyond me.   
    lol do you remember when C19 hit? Who was the president then? And what he stated? From what I remember he said to the effect of “ this virus it will disappear by Easter” and can you tell us how many Americans died during 2020? I’m not excusing VP for her statement I’m sure at some point she might try to clarify! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    So are folks of the beliefs that this administration & CDC should of already had a vaccine for Omicron? It took almost two years to come up with vaccine for the Original virus, what else can be done by this administration? Please tell me what other steps needs to be taken to get out of this mess..
  • Options
    Hospital my wife works at currently has 50 COVID admissions! 10 of those are on vents 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    brianlux said:
    nicknyr15 said:

lol do you remember when C19 hit? Who was the president then? And what he stated? From what I remember he said to the effect of “ this virus it will disappear by Easter” and can you tell us how many Americans died during 2020? I’m not excusing VP for her statement I’m sure at some point she might try to clarify! 
    More died this year. I think we can stop putting all the blame on one person. You’re excusing her by bringing up the previous administration. We’re almost a year removed from trump. Enough with him. Time to judge people on their own merit. 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    brianlux said:
    nicknyr15 said:

More died this year. I think we can stop putting all the blame on one person. You’re excusing her by bringing up the previous administration. We’re almost a year removed from trump. Enough with him. Time to judge people on their own merit. 
    More then 600k? Really and if weee judging yes Biden administration has done 100 times better then the previous car wreck! 
  • Options
    Yes this year 386k last year 385 the only ones to blame are the idiot anti vaccine anti mask folks, so tell me what other steps do you want this administration to take? To get us out of this mess? 
  • Options
    Yes this year 386k last year 385 the only ones to blame are the idiot anti vaccine anti mask folks, so tell me what other steps do you want this administration to take? To get us out of this mess? 
    So no blame goes to this administration? I’m just asking. They did everything perfectly? The only people to blame are those pesky trump supporters? That just sounds so silly to me. 38,000 new cases the other day here in NY. Who’s to blame in a blue state with an extremely high vaccination rate? Trump? I think it’s time to stop the blame game. Do you think if everything was the same this year except Trump was the president, that you’d feel the same way? Or would you be throwing around that death count and condemning him? Let’s be honest now. 

Disclaimer : I’m not defending trump. Fuck him. And I’m vaccinated and boosted! Just pointing out the silliness of thinking we would have overcame this last year with a different president. It’s nonsense.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    nicknyr15 said:
    So no blame goes to this administration? I’m just asking. They did everything perfectly? The only people to blame are those pesky trump supporters? That just sounds so silly to me. 38,000 new cases the other day here in NY. Who’s to blame in a blue state with an extremely high vaccination rate? Trump? I think it’s time to stop the blame game. Do you think if everything was the same this year except Trump was the president, that you’d feel the same way? Or would you be throwing around that death count and condemning him? Let’s be honest now. 

Disclaimer : I’m not defending trump. Fuck him. And I’m vaccinated and boosted! Just pointing out the silliness of thinking we would have overcame this last year with a different president. It’s nonsense.

Read this summary of the recent congressional report regarding the handling of the virus by the Trump administration.  It's from the Bulwark which is conservative site that does not like Trump.  This is why Trump bears weight for at least some of the deaths.  No administration could do everything perfect in this scenario, but the Trump admin deliberately and consistently played down and politicized the issue.  

https://thetriad.thebulwark.com/p/trumps-handling-of-covid-was-worse
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I blame anti vaccine anti masks people! I agree with you ..
  • Options

These numbers have stressed out Canadas world class healthcare…
    I was just talking about the stark contrast in Manitoba's hospital numbers as compared to Ontario. Our ICU is close to 100, Ontario is only 164, but over 10 times the amount of daily reported cases.....
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Read this summary of the recent congressional report regarding the handling of the virus by the Trump administration.  It's from the Bulwark which is conservative site that does not like Trump.  This is why Trump bears weight for at least some of the deaths.  No administration could do everything perfect in this scenario, but the Trump admin deliberately and consistently played down and politicized the issue.  

https://thetriad.thebulwark.com/p/trumps-handling-of-covid-was-worse
    I will definitely read that. Thank you. Merry Christmas everyone! Happy holiday. Enjoy 👍🏼👍🏼
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers. Now they’re claiming anthrax attacks in their justification for denial. Cray, cray.

https://apple.news/AjWKxL3XsSnOkCVMyBKKplQ
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598
    The omicron is looking very mild so far here just to calm the nerves.  All the family all had very mild and recovered.  The unvaxxed had it a bit rough but  not at all serious. . Just to update. Have the best time you can.  Love
    Great to hear!
  • Options
    The omicron is looking very mild so far here just to calm the nerves.  All the family all had very mild and recovered.  The unvaxxed had it a bit rough but  not at all serious. . Just to update. Have the best time you can.  Love
    Great to hear!
    My son has it now.  He drove his gf back to Philly from school for winter break.  I warned him starting at Thanksgiving that he had to get his booster.  Too busy, not enough time, blah blah blah.  Shockingly a 20 year old makes bad decisions.  So he spent Christmas quarantined and sleeping after he, his gf, her brother, etc. all got infected.  Now his new years eve plans are in jeopardy.  

HIs symptoms were sore throat, a little congestion and a really bad headache.  This is his second bout whereas no one else in the family has had it.  But he makes bad decisions.  
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598
    mrussel1 said:
    Great to hear!
    My son has it now.  He drove his gf back to Philly from school for winter break.  I warned him starting at Thanksgiving that he had to get his booster.  Too busy, not enough time, blah blah blah.  Shockingly a 20 year old makes bad decisions.  So he spent Christmas quarantined and sleeping after he, his gf, her brother, etc. all got infected.  Now his new years eve plans are in jeopardy.  

HIs symptoms were sore throat, a little congestion and a really bad headache.  This is his second bout whereas no one else in the family has had it.  But he makes bad decisions.  
    I was bullet proof when I was 20, and didn't listen to a whole lot of people either. Seems par for the course at that age.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Great to hear!

I was bullet proof when I was 20, and didn't listen to a whole lot of people either. Seems par for the course at that age.
    Yeah you think you are, even when all evidence points to the opposite.  Last year everyone in the family got hte flu shot but him.  Guess who had a terrible case of the flu?  Knocked him down for over a week.  Now this will put him out of commission for the week at least.  I said to him, dude.. you say you're too busy but really it just means you didnt' prioritize it.  Now because you couldn't take an hour in the last month to get a booster and you've missed Christmas and probably your frat's New Years party up at JMU.  Maybe next time he will take the hour to get a shot.  Or not.  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,447
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Great to hear!

Yeah you think you are, even when all evidence points to the opposite.  Last year everyone in the family got hte flu shot but him.  Guess who had a terrible case of the flu?  Knocked him down for over a week.  Now this will put him out of commission for the week at least.  I said to him, dude.. you say you're too busy but really it just means you didnt' prioritize it.  Now because you couldn't take an hour in the last month to get a booster and you've missed Christmas and probably your frat's New Years party up at JMU.  Maybe next time he will take the hour to get a shot.  Or not.  

getting my booster from the time I left my truck to getting back in it, 20 minutes
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Great to hear!

Sorry to hear wish him a speedy recovery, my son got it right before thanksgiving now hechas to wait till March to get the booster and my daughter still hasn’t gotten the booster she’s 24  go figure! 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792
    Tested positive last Wednesday.  Woke up that morning with typical flu/cold symptoms....headache, body aches, mild fever.  Was feeling much better by Thursday afternoon after a lot of resting and sleep.  Thankfully my wife who is pregnant and 2 kids all tested negative....not sure how that is possible!  The main bummer was not being able to see family for Xmas..kids are 5 and 2.5 so they are in prime Christmas age.  Still made the best of it.  Now I'm just feeling a little congested/stuffed up.  Will prob go get tested later today or tomorrow to see if I'm negative yet.  
  • Options
    Tested positive last Wednesday.  Woke up that morning with typical flu/cold symptoms....headache, body aches, mild fever.  Was feeling much better by Thursday afternoon after a lot of resting and sleep.  Thankfully my wife who is pregnant and 2 kids all tested negative....not sure how that is possible!  The main bummer was not being able to see family for Xmas..kids are 5 and 2.5 so they are in prime Christmas age.  Still made the best of it.  Now I'm just feeling a little congested/stuffed up.  Will prob go get tested later today or tomorrow to see if I'm negative yet.  
    Bummer! I hope you're better soon.  

• Options
    Tests show pos for a longtime even if you are no longer  shedding. They say 28 until you can do a pcr. My kids showed pos on a lateral up to day 13. Best of luck. Kids of that age is what xmas is about. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
This discussion has been closed.