Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    that's fantastic news, rob (as fantastic as it can get under the circumstances)
    Im so relieved as i video call them  and they are absolutely  fine. Ive spent 2 years in fear.  And my step dad is mid 50s and just has stuffy nose and ears
     I mean i would take that.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,588
    The wife and I both got a negative PCR test yesterday here in Florida, before we fly back to Canada today. Have to say that was a stressful 48 hrs 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,299
    i just saw the dirty nil had to cancel their last 2 shows of the tour in Hamilton, ON today and tomorrow. I am just happy they got back across the border before they had to cancel. may have been hard for them to get back to canada after touring all over the US.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,475
    BLACK35 said:
    The wife and I both got a negative PCR test yesterday here in Florida, before we fly back to Canada today. Have to say that was a stressful 48 hrs 
    Yeah this shit is everywhere! I’m scheduled to fly down to Chile on Insurrection Day and stay down there till the beginning of February, and now we have to be super careful not to get it so nice we have to get tested before leaving US and when we get there too so yeah I’m stressed out . I did get insurance for my tickets I’m not sure if it covers having to cancel due to virus..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited December 2021
    Kids will be fully vaccinated on Dec. 23 (two weeks out from their second dose) and the wife and I are both boosted, so I went ahead and bought tickets a couple of weeks ago to see the new Spidey movie on that day, figuring we did everything we were supposed to do and could finally go to the cinema. 

Guess I was wrong.  

Good thing Fandango offers refunds.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,999
    brianlux said:
    I wish I knew the truth about home test.  Some of you here testify to their worthiness.  When I went for my test a month or so ago they gave me the swab test and told me that test is far more accurate than home tests. 
    The world is full of conflicting information making it difficult to know what to believe.
    my understanding is the home test is not nearly as effective as you don't put the swab up to your brain, which is where most of the disease is lurking. 

@oftenreading would be a better person to answer this though

Cool, yes, would be good to know from oftenreading.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The Chinese were doing anal swabs.  Maybe that’s most accurate…

I have only 1 test since the pandemic started…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Does not sound like fun, but probably less of a discomfort than getting a prostate exam (ugh!).  Apparently very accurate as well:
    "Li Tongzeng, deputy director of the respiratory and infectious diseases department at Beijing Youan Hospital, said in an interview with state media that anal swabs appear to be more accurate at detecting the coronavirus than nasal or throat testing."

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,220
    My 16 year old niece just tested positive for Covid today.  I just FaceTimed her. She is more upset about having to quarantine during her winter break from school than she is about having Covid. Her symptoms seem fairly mild so far - a mild fever and some body aches. I hope they stay that way. She is fully vaxxed but not yet boosted. 
  • Options
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975
    edited December 2021
    I read an article talking about SA secondary infections. It's the covid-19 naive people that scientists say have risk. (20% of the Americans).

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/12/17/1065315661/omicron-may-be-less-severe-in-south-africa-that-may-not-be-the-case-for-the-u-s
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    GlowGirl said:
    My 16 year old niece just tested positive for Covid today.  I just FaceTimed her. She is more upset about having to quarantine during her winter break from school than she is about having Covid. Her symptoms seem fairly mild so far - a mild fever and some body aches. I hope they stay that way. She is fully vaxxed but not yet boosted. 
    Good thoughts to your niece. Glad her symptoms aren’t severe. 
  • Options
    Unvaccinated  ex wife isnt as well. Still having temperature  and has had vomiting .

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,411
    Unvaccinated  ex wife isnt as well. Still having temperature  and has had vomiting .

her 2nd time contracting it?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Yes first time just headaches. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,411
    Yes first time just headaches. 

curious,  was delta going around then?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Yeah it was recent. Delta for sure. Odd indeed
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    brianlux said:

Does not sound like fun, but probably less of a discomfort than getting a prostate exam (ugh!).  Apparently very accurate as well:
    "Li Tongzeng, deputy director of the respiratory and infectious diseases department at Beijing Youan Hospital, said in an interview with state media that anal swabs appear to be more accurate at detecting the coronavirus than nasal or throat testing."

Well I hope they soon bring the home anal test to market…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,220
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Good thoughts to your niece. Glad her symptoms aren’t severe. 
    Thanks. So far, so good. 
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    Yeah it was recent. Delta for sure. Odd indeed
    @lastexitlondon stay safe!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,660
    I had a dream last night that I had to give myself a nasal swab test for covid-19.  I still haven't been tested for COVID19 one time since this all started which I am grateful for. 
  • Options
    I don't think people who didn't get the vaccine are idiots.  I got the vaccine even before my age group because there were spots available and the shots would have gone to waste.  But, I think it has to be extreme situations to force someone to take a drug or vaccine without their approval.   I know a person in my immediate family that got the vaccine and within a week they were dealing with high/low blood pressure and AFIB when they never had those issues before (and still dealing with it 10 months later).  I think it is too much of a coincidence (J&J by the way).   The media downplays the incidents as rare but look at J&J's vaccine and now how a year later they want to pull the J&J vaccine.  So people are idiots because they don't want to take a vaccine that they don't trust or they don't think is worth their risk, but 10 months later they are told not to take the J&J vaccine?

For me, personally, I thought the vaccine was worth the risk and it was the price of admission for a lot of events.  But I don't blame anyone for looking at the facts (death rate is not high for those under 65) and they want to roll the dice.  Yes, there are idiots out there who think there is a computer chip in the vaccine, but there are also people out there who do their research and come to their own conclusion on what is best for them personally.  It is ludicrous to think that a vaccine is safe for all and there is no risk.  There are a lot of people out there with a lot of conditions that doctor's can't explain or mitigate, and no reason to believe that the vaccine won't impact someone in an unexpected way.   
  • Options
    Commercials for various drugs even include “tell your doctor if you are or plan to get vaccinated against covid-19.” 

Found that interesting they say that. Maybe I haven’t noticed before, but I have never heard that for any other vaccine. Must be some worry in the scientific world about how it reacts with other meds? 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,840
    I had a dream last night that I had to give myself a nasal swab test for covid-19.  I still haven't been tested for COVID19 one time since this all started which I am grateful for. 
    Well at least you're not dreaming of the anal swabs
  • Options
    I don't think people who didn't get the vaccine are idiots.  I got the vaccine even before my age group because there were spots available and the shots would have gone to waste.  But, I think it has to be extreme situations to force someone to take a drug or vaccine without their approval.   I know a person in my immediate family that got the vaccine and within a week they were dealing with high/low blood pressure and AFIB when they never had those issues before (and still dealing with it 10 months later).  I think it is too much of a coincidence (J&J by the way).   The media downplays the incidents as rare but look at J&J's vaccine and now how a year later they want to pull the J&J vaccine.  So people are idiots because they don't want to take a vaccine that they don't trust or they don't think is worth their risk, but 10 months later they are told not to take the J&J vaccine?

For me, personally, I thought the vaccine was worth the risk and it was the price of admission for a lot of events.  But I don't blame anyone for looking at the facts (death rate is not high for those under 65) and they want to roll the dice.  Yes, there are idiots out there who think there is a computer chip in the vaccine, but there are also people out there who do their research and come to their own conclusion on what is best for them personally.  It is ludicrous to think that a vaccine is safe for all and there is no risk.  There are a lot of people out there with a lot of conditions that doctor's can't explain or mitigate, and no reason to believe that the vaccine won't impact someone in an unexpected way.   

I'm not sure how getting the vaccine is "rolling the dice".  I would say not getting the vaccine is more like pulling the trigger with the Russian roulette revolver pointed at your head.  I'm not saying people should be forced to get vaccinated, just smart enough to do it on their own.

• Options
    brianlux said:

I'm not sure how getting the vaccine is "rolling the dice".  I would say not getting the vaccine is more like pulling the trigger with the Russian roulette revolver pointed at your head.  I'm not saying people should be forced to get vaccinated, just smart enough to do it on their own.
    When I said roll the dice, I meant not getting the vaccine.   
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130

we know that all potential side effects of the vaccine are much worse and much higher incidence with covid (myocardia and blood pressure issues, not to mention all the long covid stufff). people are rolling more dice not getting the vaccine than getting it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,937
    brianlux said:

So you’re against vaccine mandates ?
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    brianlux said:

That is a very difficult question.  First of all, it bugs the crap out of me that it should even come down to mandates.  If everyone got vaccinated, we could get past this thing.  On the other hand, where do you stop with mandates?  What if the government said we all had to have chips inserted under our skin?  Would I be OK with that?  Heck no.
    So yeah, I'd have to say I'm against mandating the vaccine.  But if anyone wants to see me and is not vaccinated, I will tell them, "Sorry, go away".  I'm definitely in favor of putting social pressure on people to vaccinate. Getting vaccinated is the right thing to do.

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,937
    brianlux said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    brianlux said:

That is a very difficult question.  First of all, it bugs the crap out of me that it should even come down to mandates.  If everyone got vaccinated, we could get past this thing.  On the other hand, where do you stop with mandates?  What if the government said we all had to have chips inserted under our skin?  Would I be OK with that?  Heck no.
    So yeah, I'd have to say I'm against mandating the vaccine.  But if anyone wants to see me and is not vaccinated, I will tell them, "Sorry, go away".  I'm definitely in favor of putting social pressure on people to vaccinate. Getting vaccinated is the right thing to do.
    I agree. I was for the mandates for city and government workers here in NYC because technically, they are your boss. But this latest round of mandates here feels like our PoS Mayor is overstepping. Anyone who works anywhere has to be vaccinated and children 5-11 must be vaccinated to go to restaurant , movie theaters. I think that’s ridiculous. 
This discussion has been closed.