Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,870
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    This guy...Is there any proof to his claim of inventing MrNA tech?
    no.. that's been debunked multiple times.  He was part of a research team that was working on this in the early 90's or something.  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,424
    edited December 2021
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:

no. he entered the scene in the late 80's. he was certainly a part of the project but invention is a stretch.

read that Hopkins  link. it gives a brief history. doesnt mention names.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Read the article...Sounds like a case of Sour Grapes to me.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    no.. that's been debunked multiple times.  He was part of a research team that was working on this in the early 90's or something.  
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:

no. he entered the scene in the late 80's.

read that Hopkins  link. it gives a brief history. doesnt mention names.
    Sounds like if at the beginning someone would have said that he was one of the first researchers into RNA that led to the technology for mRNA vaccines he would be singing a different tune.  A crybaby whose minor achievement went unnoticed.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    I think we're at the point in the disaster movie where everyone finally realizes that there's nothing they can do to stop it; just keep your family as safe as you can and hope you ride it out successfully. 
    I agree . Stay safe my friend.  The shit is hitting the fan here . Just  a matter of when. My elder kids are out of quarantine  tommorow  well are meant to be. But this half assed government  has made some shit rules to suit people spending money ahead of health.  Now
     Get this  you can quarantine  7 days not 10 if you test neg on day 6 and 7 on lateral flow. That nobody can  get. And we were told they are only for non symptomatic  cases. 
    My kids are still positive  on lateral after 9 days but can go out tomorrow.  Cant have pcr for 28 days after infection  and my younger 17 year old hasn't  caught  it yet  so  whats the deal. madness
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    Data appears to support claims that Omicron is less severe in South Africa

Scientists warn, however, that lower severity of cases is not fully understood and may not occur elsewhere

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/22/data-appears-to-support-claims-that-omicron-is-less-severe-in-south-africa

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404

I guess we knew this already but holy shit....Birx basically says "I'll leave town so the WH can use their own covid narrative without having to worry about me saying it's bullshit"
    Wow.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975
    I think we're at the point in the disaster movie where everyone finally realizes that there's nothing they can do to stop it; just keep your family as safe as you can and hope you ride it out successfully. 
    I'm 6 weeks out of my 3rd booster and thinking exposure is better sooner than later...
  • Options
    tish said:
    I'm 6 weeks out of my 3rd booster and thinking exposure is better sooner than later...
    Im at that  point. My partner  now feels ill so its probably here 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    along with the good news that the new strain is 2/3 less likely to cause hospitalization compared to Delta, here is more goodish news.  Having it blow through quickly would be great for the economy and for people's state of mind.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/12/22/south-africa-omicron-coronavirus-cases/

NAIROBI — South Africa’s huge wave of omicron cases appears to be subsiding just as quickly as it grew in the weeks after the country first announced to the world that a new coronavirus variant had been identified.

South Africa’s top infectious-disease scientist, who has been leading the country’s pandemic response, said Wednesday that the country had rapidly passed the peak of new omicron cases and, judging by preliminary evidence, he expected “every other country, or almost every other, to follow the same trajectory.”

“If previous variants caused waves shaped like Kilimanjaro, omicron’s is more like we were scaling the North Face of Everest,” Salim Abdool Karim said in an interview, referring to the near-vertical increase in infections that South Africa recorded in the first weeks of December.

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    BC and Quebec brought back restrictions, Quebec is rumoured to be bringing a curfew.  Ontario has reduced capacity limits…
    it’s been recommended that double dosed don’t mix with triple dosed…no idea if the no dosed and single dosed can mix with anyone…they appear to be left in limbo.  They should just spend Christmas alone in a dark cold room…

and it’s recommended that people in these places wear self contained breathing apparatus’s and only leave your home when necessary…leaving for food is no longer necessary…most Canadians can forage for leaves, grass…etc..Merry Christmas Canada 🇨🇦 

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,027
    "Covid-19 may well have been one attempt by the Earth to protect itself. Gaia will try harder next time with something even nastier."
    -James Lovelock.

It's all connected:

Beware: Gaia may destroy humans before we destroy the Earth

I don’t know if it is too late for humanity to avert a climate catastrophe, but I am sure there is no chance if we continue to treat global heating and the destruction of nature as separate problems.

That is the wrongheaded approach of the United Nations, which is about to stage one big global conference for the climate in Glasgow, having just finished a different big global conference for biodiversity in Kunming.

This division is as much of a mistake as the error made by universities when they teach chemistry in a different class from biology and physics. It is impossible to understand these subjects in isolation because they are interconnected. The same is true of living organisms that greatly influence the global environment. The composition of the Earth’s atmosphere and the temperature of the surface is actively maintained and regulated by the biosphere, by life, by what the ancient Greeks used to call Gaia.

Almost 60 years ago, I suggested our planet self-regulated like a living organism. I called this the Gaia theory, and was later joined by biologist Lynn Margulis, who also espoused this idea. Both of us were roundly criticised by scientists in academia. I was an outsider, an independent scientist, and the mainstream view then was the neo-Darwinist one that life adapts to the environment, not that the relationship also works in the other direction, as we argued. In the years since, we have seen just how much life – especially human life – can affect the environment. Two genocidal acts – suffocation by greenhouse gases and the clearance of the rainforests – have caused changes on a scale not seen in millions of years.

Because subjects like astronomy, geology, and meteorology are taught separately in schools and universities, few people are aware of the natural forces affecting the Earth’s surface temperature.

For billions of years the Earth’s surface temperature has been determined mainly by the radiant heat coming from the sun. This energy increased over time because it is the nature of stars like the sun to increase their heat output as they grow older. But temperatures on Earth remained relatively stable thanks to Gaia: forests, oceans and other elements in the the Earth’s regulating system, which kept the surface temperature fairly constant and near optimal for life.

The global warming that concerns all of us, and which will be discussed this week in Glasgow, includes a great deal of extra heating that comes as a consequence of extracting and burning fossil fuels since about the middle of the 19th century. That releases methane, carbon dioxide and other gases into the atmosphere. They absorb radiant heat and stop it escaping from Earth. This is what causes global warming.

The amount of global warming depends hugely on the properties of water. When cold ice forms, much of it is white snow. This reflects the sunlight back to space and is cooling. But when it is warm, the water vapour in the air is a powerful greenhouse gas that makes it warmer still.

Much of the confusion over global heating comes about because of the huge quantities of heat needed to change the state of water. Few are aware that to melt a gram of ice takes 80 calories, enough heat to raise the temperature of 1ml of water to 80C. Try an ice cube in your boiling hot tea.

Then imagine how much heat was needed to melt large areas of the polar ice cap during the recent summer and how much hotter the world would have been if the ice had not been there. No wonder there is confusion about whether there is global heating or not.

Warnings that once seemed like the doom scenarios of science fiction are now coming to pass. We are entering into a heat age in which the temperature and sea levels will be rising decade by decade until the world becomes unrecognisable. We could also be in for more surprises. Nature is non-linear and unpredictable, never more than at a time of transition.

Lowering these risks and adapting to those we can no longer avoid will require a mobilisation of resources on the scale of a war economy. We have no choice but to reduce the burning of fossil fuels or face even worse consequences.

But we should also not become over-reliant on renewable power, which will leave us with an energy gap. We need to build more nuclear power stations to overcome that, though the greens will first have to get over their overblown fears of radiation.

The dangers are nowhere near as bad as they are often painted. I’ve travelled millions of miles by air, and all that time I have been exposed to levels of radiation that are ten times as great as at ground level. The dangers are exaggerated.

We also need to address the problem of overpopulation and to urgently halt the destruction of tropical forests. Most of all, we need to look at the world in a holistic way.

I am not hopeful of a positive outcome at Cop26, knowing who is participating. I was not invited to Glasgow, though that is hardly a surprise. As well as being 102 years old, I am an independent scientist, and the university academics have never been comfortable with that.

But my fellow humans must learn to live in partnership with the Earth, otherwise the rest of creation will, as part of Gaia, unconsciously move the Earth to a new state in which humans may no longer be welcome. The virus, Covid-19, may well have been one negative feedback. Gaia will try harder next time with something even nastier.

• James Lovelock is the originator of Gaia theory and the author, most recently, of Novascene. This op-ed was told to Jonathan Watts, the Guardian’s global environment editor

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,192
    nicknyr15 said:
    yep....let's go brandon
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    A vaccine developed by the DoD...The conspiracists will go through the roof!
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I know!  That's even worse than one developed by a pharmaceutical.  The reality is the only vaccine that can be trusted is one that's cooked up in a home lab in WV.  All others are dangerous. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I know!  That's even worse than one developed by a pharmaceutical.  The reality is the only vaccine that can be trusted is one that's cooked up in a home lab in WV.  All others are dangerous. 

wonder how many meth heads have gotten covid......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The WaPo has made this covid article regarding omricon and what to do if you get it, free. Because even if vaccinated, chances are, you’ll get it. It’s hopeful and knowledge is power.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/12/22/covid-positive-fully-vaccinated/
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975
    Here's some BC brains at work:

https://bccovid-19group.ca/

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,486
    https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1473961370039336966?s=21
    Ah good old blue fuck the vaccine just get a card without actually getting the vaccine, classy folks 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,938
    Ah good old blue fuck the vaccine just get a card without actually getting the vaccine, classy folks 
    These are everywhere. In every profession. There are doctors who will shoot the vaccine in the garbage and put you in the system for $500 around me. This was bound to happen and it’s been happening from the minute there were mandates. Not surprising at all. 
  • Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

OMG, the least rational people in our society won't react well to this!
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    These are everywhere. In every profession. There are doctors who will shoot the vaccine in the garbage and put you in the system for $500 around me. This was bound to happen and it’s been happening from the minute there were mandates. Not surprising at all. 
    If you really know of a doctor that does that you should report his ass.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,938
    nicknyr15 said:
    Not a doctor. Doctors. It’s not in me to snitch. Karma will get them eventually. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,486
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Not a doctor. Doctors. It’s not in me to snitch. Karma will get them eventually. 
    Not sure what doctors you deal with but Surgeons I deal with on a daily basis don’t act like that at all, 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    lame ass shit.

• Options
    breach of ethics and forgery but wont "snitch"

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,072
    edited December 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Not sure what doctors you deal with but Surgeons I deal with on a daily basis don’t act like that at all, 
    Why would anyone even pay $500 to fake a shot? The cards are easy enough to fake, when I got my first shot I couldn’t believe how simple the bad card was and my first thought was it’s useless, they’ll be faked. All you need is a printer and card stock.
    Im not endorsing faking a shot or card. Just saying I don’t see why anyone would pay $500 to fake the shot. If you’re willing to do that, there’s cheaper and easier alternatives.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    Boostered.

• Options

Some people care a lot more about our country and general well being than others. 
This discussion has been closed.