Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,447
    Got our moderna boosters today.  Asked the nurse to give us her honest opinion. She said the truth is we don’t know because it’s not following all of the previous patterns so it’s all new to everyone.  Now that the shots are becoming less effective it could be a bad thing or a good thing.  No one knows anything conclusively. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,840
    Got our moderna boosters today.  Asked the nurse to give us her honest opinion. She said the truth is we don’t know because it’s not following all of the previous patterns so it’s all new to everyone.  Now that the shots are becoming less effective it could be a bad thing or a good thing.  No one knows anything conclusively. 
    There was a UK study that came out today saying that the first two shots are 0-20% effective,  whereas the booster jumps you to 50-80% effective. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Restrictions coming to Ontario:

no dancing.
    no booze served after 11
    concerts, events over 1000 only allowed 50% capacity…must remained seated with hands folded in your laps…no food 🍲 or beverages allowed at these events, same with movie theatres…
    This all comes into effect Sunday.  This virus 🦠 is so dangerous…but at least it’s kind enough to wait till Sunday to go but shit crazy (sorry China) all over us…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    mrussel1 said:
    There was a UK study that came out today saying that the first two shots are 0-20% effective,  whereas the booster jumps you to 50-80% effective. 
    0-20. holy fuck. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

As far as dancing.  I think if you want to dance solo no one will complain.  You may even dance solo naked…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    I would like to see the data for severity of symptomatic infections for those that have been fully vaxxed but not yet boosted. still 50-80% extra protection from the booster sounds good.  I didn't see any info in that article describing how long the boosters maintain effectiveness against omicron with the 50-80% boost.  encouraging if they have long term efficacy, discouraging if protection wanes after a few weeks.

I'm still holding out hope that this variant will have a lower mortality rate and less severe symptoms for the majority and that we will finally be out of the shadows, but time will tell I guess
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I would like to see the data for severity of symptomatic infections for those that have been fully vaxxed but not yet boosted. still 50-80% extra protection from the booster sounds good.  I didn't see any info in that article describing how long the boosters maintain effectiveness against omicron with the 50-80% boost.  encouraging if they have long term efficacy, discouraging if protection wanes after a few weeks.

I'm still holding out hope that this variant will have a lower mortality rate and less severe symptoms for the majority and that we will finally be out of the shadows, but time will tell I guess
    Since it's been like ten days,  I'm sure we won't know that until after it's run its course!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    0-20. holy fuck. 
    Thats why I would like to see data on severity of symptomatic infection for those fully vaxxed.  Sure getting covid would suck, but if it's like a regular bad cold for vaxxed people the 0-20% isn't so scary.  If on the other hand we are looking at normally healthy fully vaxxed 20-60 year olds headed to ventilators at an alarming rate, then for me that is when things get scary.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    0-20. holy fuck. 
    Thats why I would like to see data on severity of symptomatic infection for those fully vaxxed.  Sure getting covid would suck, but if it's like a regular bad cold for vaxxed people the 0-20% isn't so scary.  If on the other hand we are looking at normally healthy fully vaxxed 20-60 year olds headed to ventilators at an alarming rate, then for me that is when things get scary.
    Yes agreed 100%.  If this is just a manageable cold then I'll not worry too much 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Since it's been like ten days,  I'm sure we won't know that until after it's run its course!
    Probably not.  I like to try to remain positive when reading articles like this.  I can't afford another shut down
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

my chief public health officer (manitoba) just said they're seeing increasing in hospitalizations in south africa from omicron, so it's not looking like it's less severe. however, i don't know how much data was taken into account; if it's just hospitalizations alone, that doesn't mean anything. if hospitilizations increased 20%, but infections increased 80%, then it's obviously less severe. I'm sure a CPHO would take all that into account, but who knows. he didn't go into detail. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    3 NFL games got postponed till next week…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I bet my february concerts I have tickets for both get cancelled. I don't know what happens with my Winnipeg Jets game on Jan 8th now that they'll be at 50% until Jan 11. how do they decide who gets to keep their tickets and who doesn't? it's a fucking 50th birthday party too, with 30+ of us renting a room before and after. motherfucker. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,411
     still want to see breakdown between demographics of unvaxxed, unvaxxed prior infection, vaxxed no prior infection, vaxxed with prior infection.  timelines between prior infections and new infection and timelines between initial vaxxing and infections

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975
    jees, mick, it's 50/50 =) Ya live or ya die 😉
  • Options
    I bet my february concerts I have tickets for both get cancelled. I don't know what happens with my Winnipeg Jets game on Jan 8th now that they'll be at 50% until Jan 11. how do they decide who gets to keep their tickets and who doesn't? it's a fucking 50th birthday party too, with 30+ of us renting a room before and after. motherfucker. 
    That sucks the big one. 

The hammer dropped here in BC, too, however, unlike last year, Pipsqueak doesn't have to cancel her birthday.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,782
    edited December 2021
    I dont know if anyone is interested  but a live update.  Step dad x2 AZ  did antibody test after second six months  back.  Had none.
    Boosted with pfizer last week.  Pcr positive  only symptoms  blocked ears and nose. 
    My brother  also positive this is like a plague  i cant tell how contagious  this is but i can tell you he is very mild also.
    Lets all hope this is going to be that way for  all because  we are all going to catch this and fast
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,411
    I dont know if anyone is interested  but a live update.  Step dad x2 AZ  did antibody test after second six months  back.  Had none.
    Boosted with pfizer last week.  Pcr positive  only symptoms  blocked ears and nose. 
    My brother  also positive this is like a plague  i cant tell how contagious  this is but i can tell you he is very mild also.
    Lets all hope this is going to be that way for  all because  we are all going to catch this and fast

thanks for this. anecdotal  and second hand but live updates.

and you mister. are presenting now pretty calmly about it all. dont know if you feel that way, but I want you to know its noticed.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Ontario reducing time between 2nd and 3rd doses to 84 days and BC is staying at 6 month???

I wonder who’s science is accurate?  Are they using science?  In Ontario they just do things by the seat of their pants…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Im seeing it with my eyes. This is becoming  a cold. The end maybe in sight
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    Hope you are right man. 

Every single person I know is testing here daily for the last couple of weeks. With so many more people having access to rapid tests more low or no symptomatic cases are going to be picked up that normally would not have been detected. Great to help stop the spread but seeing a scary high case count is not telling the whole story here. Next couple of months will be interesting to see how this trends with hospitalizations. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Hope you are right man. 

Every single person I know is testing here daily for the last couple of weeks. With so many more people having access to rapid tests more low or no symptomatic cases are going to be picked up that normally would not have been detected. Great to help stop the spread but seeing a scary high case count is not telling the whole story here. Next couple of months will be interesting to see how this trends with hospitalizations. 
    I know 5 people in my actual  family that  have stuffy nose and blocked ears. Nothing  more
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    that's fantastic news, rob (as fantastic as it can get under the circumstances)
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJNB said:
    Hope you are right man. 

Lucky you guys for having tests. 

BC is hoping the feds provide rapid tests in which the reagent can be broken into groups of five for easier distribution. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,999
    I wish I knew the truth about home test.  Some of you here testify to their worthiness.  When I went for my test a month or so ago they gave me the swab test and told me that test is far more accurate than home tests. 
    The world is full of conflicting information making it difficult to know what to believe.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJNB said:
    Hope you are right man. 

I know 5 people in my actual  family that  have stuffy nose and blocked ears. Nothing  more
    Any dif in symptoms between your kid that is vaxxed and the one who is not?
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    I wish I knew the truth about home test.  Some of you here testify to their worthiness.  When I went for my test a month or so ago they gave me the swab test and told me that test is far more accurate than home tests. 
    The world is full of conflicting information making it difficult to know what to believe.
    my understanding is the home test is not nearly as effective as you don't put the swab up to your brain, which is where most of the disease is lurking. 

@oftenreading would be a better person to answer this though
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    My unvaxxed kid hasnt  caught  it in a house full of covid. Go figure
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    And our lateral flow tests were very hit and miss. This variant has showed  positive  on every  single  lateral. Backed up by pcr. So even with mild symptoms lateral still poss
     A good thing  
     Should  help
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

This discussion has been closed.