Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,192
    mrussel1 said:
    The gesture is in the right place…….when was this photo taken? Where are the masks? Not a single one on any server or kid in line? 
    that might be a pre covid picture....I've seen it going around before
    If that’s an old picture it made zero sense and was completely unnecessary to post it now with that headline. I’m sure someone could dig up an old photo of Clapton doing good somewhere. 
    but his racist rant still exists....
    It does. But that was in 70s and he has repeatedly apologized.  I think forgiveness is a virtue too. His vax crap is more concerning. 
    Yeah I'm done with all the anti-vax morons. At his age it is even more stupid.
    do you know why, though? he got double vaxxed, and he claims his neurological condition got substantially worse right after the shot. I don't know if that's true or if it didn't happen or if it did and was just a wild coincidence, but if it happened to you, maybe you'd be wary of the shot as well?

to be honest, I don't know what to believe from that asshole. But if it's true, I'd probably feel the same as him. (not with the anti-lockdown stuff, though)

“I took the first jab of AZ and straight away had severe reactions which lasted ten days. I recovered eventually and was told it would be twelve weeks before the second one…,” Clapton wrote.

“About six weeks later I was offered and took the second AZ shot, but with a little more knowledge of the dangers. Needless to say the reactions were disastrous, my hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks, I feared I would never play again, (I suffer with peripheral neuropathy and should never have gone near the needle.) But the propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone…”

if true then yes being wary of the shot would be justifiable but pushing anti-vax for everyone else is still fucked up. He was unfortunately one of the very few that had major side effects.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,795
    edited December 2021
    If you got fucked  up by something  you would tell others to beware. Fact. Like the thread about  scammer belinda. Warn others. No different 
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,160
    mrussel1 said:
    The gesture is in the right place…….when was this photo taken? Where are the masks? Not a single one on any server or kid in line? 
    that might be a pre covid picture....I've seen it going around before
    If that’s an old picture it made zero sense and was completely unnecessary to post it now with that headline. I’m sure someone could dig up an old photo of Clapton doing good somewhere. 
    but his racist rant still exists....
    It does. But that was in 70s and he has repeatedly apologized.  I think forgiveness is a virtue too. His vax crap is more concerning. 
    Yeah I'm done with all the anti-vax morons. At his age it is even more stupid.
    do you know why, though? he got double vaxxed, and he claims his neurological condition got substantially worse right after the shot. I don't know if that's true or if it didn't happen or if it did and was just a wild coincidence, but if it happened to you, maybe you'd be wary of the shot as well?

to be honest, I don't know what to believe from that asshole. But if it's true, I'd probably feel the same as him. (not with the anti-lockdown stuff, though)

“I took the first jab of AZ and straight away had severe reactions which lasted ten days. I recovered eventually and was told it would be twelve weeks before the second one…,” Clapton wrote.

“About six weeks later I was offered and took the second AZ shot, but with a little more knowledge of the dangers. Needless to say the reactions were disastrous, my hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks, I feared I would never play again, (I suffer with peripheral neuropathy and should never have gone near the needle.) But the propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone…”

if true then yes being wary of the shot would be justifiable but pushing anti-vax for everyone else is still fucked up. He was unfortunately one of the very few that had major side effects.
    If you got fucked  up by something  you would tell others to beware. Fact. Like the thread about  scammer belinda. Warn others. No different 
    agreed rob. you'd want to warn others for sure. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I would  and I'd  be very sure
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    This still is all un known  ive had 3 vaccinatons  and im still unsure. Heart problems  look very likely  if you want to  look or not. It's  looking  likely  from  mrna vaccines. Its just science  that we follow and we hope they tell us facts. But in the end we don't  know anything.  We just  trust or we don't.  And if we do we are all gods dice anyway 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    aren't the heart problems discovered very soon after the vaccine is administered? I don't think anything shows up much later than that. the vaccine is absorbed by the body and discarded after a very short time. it literally can't cause any long term effects that don't show up right away. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    edited December 2021
    Clapton was anti-mask, then anti-lockdown, then anti-vaccine. 

Had he not been either of the first two, I might believe his reasoning for being anti-vaccine, but considering he wasn't, I can't really afford him the benefit of the doubt here. 
  • Options
    I believe him that he took the vaccine, and that he had an adverse event. I think his anti-mask/lockdown stems from the anti-government stances from the 60's. it makes sense when you think about what that era stood for. 

still think he's an ass, but I can understand his point of view. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    aren't the heart problems discovered very soon after the vaccine is administered? I don't think anything shows up much later than that. the vaccine is absorbed by the body and discarded after a very short time. it literally can't cause any long term effects that don't show up right away. 
    No the mrna is now a concern  because  it uses a full strand of rna instead of part of one now research is saying it may well cause the spike protein to keep replicating  causing  heart problems.  Im not a scientist  so research it. But ive seen several drs saying heart problems  are being caused not the myocardial  or pericarditis but potential  to cause long term  damage to the blood vessels i cant remember  the word  for it. I will go look it up
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    No the mrna is now a concern  because  it uses a full strand of rna instead of part of one now research is saying it may well cause the spike protein to keep replicating  causing  heart problems.  Im not a scientist  so research it. But ive seen several drs saying heart problems  are being caused not the myocardial  or pericarditis but potential  to cause long term  damage to the blood vessels i cant remember  the word  for it. I will go look it up
    I also think nobody actually  knows rather than " it literally  can't "
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Right...others that had your malady maybe.  But to go anti-vax is not the right way to go given the millions of people vaccinated that had no significant side effects.

Go back and look at his actions. Just because he had side effects then none of us should mask? He won't do shows at arenas that require vaccinations?  That's just stupid.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    link what you've seen here so we can all look at it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,424
    AZ is traditional  vax no?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975
    I think often reading pulled us in this thread that they usually happen by 4 months or maybe that was my provincial Health minister
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975
    cnn^
    more case, more deaths I guess.
  • Options
    We will all get it eventually.

I'm over it.

7 day average of deaths here in Nassau County is 2.

At the peak it was 107.  Whatever we did is either working or it's not as strong as it once was.

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I just did a search and didn't find anything.  This has always been one of my worries about the new technology and not having long term data.  If you can find an article or study about this and link it that would be appreciated.  5 months out from being fully vaxxed and no problems here so far.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/2u3AYK808pw
    This dr is reviewing  some studies. I understand  people dont like you tube i dont know where to find the papers they may be linked . But this is the type of concern there  seems to be from covid  as well as vaccine so kind of dammed if you do and if you don't  kind of thing. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Im not saying i believe  anything  just  seeing  lots  of different  stuff and don't  really know what is what. Open minded but fully vaccinated  with 3 vaccines.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    static111 said:
    I just did a search and didn't find anything.  This has always been one of my worries about the new technology and not having long term data.  If you can find an article or study about this and link it that would be appreciated.  5 months out from being fully vaxxed and no problems here so far.

not exactly new technology. just the first real use of it and at scale.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,938
    Almost two years into this and here in NYC it’s impossible to get tested or get an at home test. Disgraceful. The excuse of “no one saw this coming” Is fucking unacceptable and embarrassing 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Almost two years into this and here in NYC it’s impossible to get tested or get an at home test. Disgraceful. The excuse of “no one saw this coming” Is fucking unacceptable and embarrassing 
    It's  like that  here now. Nobody can get lateral flows and the postal pcr tests are not  turning up . The demand is through the roof
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:

Thanks Mick. To be clear I understand it has been in use for years with sickle cell, hiv, cancer and others. I meant new technology as it relates to widespread vaccine use in the specific case of covid 19.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options

• Options
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:

Thanks Mick. To be clear I understand it has been in use for years with sickle cell, hiv, cancer and others. I meant new technology as it relates to widespread vaccine use in the specific case of covid 19.

was to be used for ebola but it wasnt seen as commercially viable here due to its regional nature?

• Options
    I think we're at the point in the disaster movie where everyone finally realizes that there's nothing they can do to stop it; just keep your family as safe as you can and hope you ride it out successfully. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:

was to be used for ebola but it wasnt seen as commercially viable here due to its regional nature?
    I did not know that. But it makes sense.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options

I guess we knew this already but holy shit....Birx basically says "I'll leave town so the WH can use their own covid narrative without having to worry about me saying it's bullshit"

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    This guy...Is there any proof to his claim of inventing MrNA tech?
    Scio me nihil scire

This discussion has been closed.