Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,674
    https://youtu.be/4Unt03UBhbU
    This  type of thing. . Also there are some saying  covid does the  same  so. Either could be bad
    I would suggest you not get information from social media outlets. There's a reason these guys are there, and not working in actual labs.  
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,007
    edited December 2021
    Yeah i get you. Just  have  to be open to the unknown. That guy  does  work  in a lab though
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    Haven’t been in this thread in a long time so forgive me if this has been discussed.   Thoughts on the booster shot?  Yeah or nay?
    They just expanded the eligibility for boosters to age 50 and up in Ontario…I will be getting my booster…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I got a booster . Here its over 40s now
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,810
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    I wouldn't  vaccinate a kid. Just my opinion 

this is child abuse

I mean, it's not actually

but it should be
    So shoot me. Who  are you to choose for my child.

obviously a better parent than you ever will be
    Maybe take a break for a bit. 
    Forever. 
    Keep this trash talk on Twitter or Facebook where it belongs. Not here. 
    I thought AMT was THE place for Self Righteousness?  
    Ha! It shouldn’t be though. I remember the first time I came to AMT. I was mostly on the porch. I was shocked and appalled by the way a few here spoke to other people. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    This local story here pretty much sums up the reason to get vaxxed:

family of 4, all contracted Covid. Pregnant mother & 14 yr old daughter who were vaccinated at home with mild symptoms. Father and 12 year old daughter, both unvaccinated, both intubated at Mass General Hospital.

Massachusetts Father and daughter battling COVID in ICU are stable, but still intubated, family says - masslive.com

Mike and Mikayla DeCelle were both separately taken to Salem Hospital within the last week. Mike was transferred to MGH with dangerously low oxygen levels and later sedated and intubated, a GoFundMe page set up by close friends said. After first being brought to the hospital with breathing troubles Thanksgiving night, Mikayla was transferred to MGH and intubated Monday.
    The entire family, including mother Erica, pregnant with a boy due in February, and other daughter Kylie, has tested positive for the virus. Both are vaccinated and have experienced mild symptoms. Neither Mike nor Mikayla were vaccinated.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,869
    Im not sure whats fact  but its all un known in my mind

now you know how bad it can get for you doing this.

I would suggest staying off youtube for anything other than music or a how to fix something video.

consult medical journals publications IF you look into this at all. for now enjoy her at this age.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Poncier said:

family of 4, all contracted Covid. Pregnant mother & 14 yr old daughter who were vaccinated at home with mild symptoms. Father and 12 year old daughter, both unvaccinated, both intubated at Mass General Hospital.

Massachusetts Father and daughter battling COVID in ICU are stable, but still intubated, family says - masslive.com

Mike and Mikayla DeCelle were both separately taken to Salem Hospital within the last week. Mike was transferred to MGH with dangerously low oxygen levels and later sedated and intubated, a GoFundMe page set up by close friends said. After first being brought to the hospital with breathing troubles Thanksgiving night, Mikayla was transferred to MGH and intubated Monday.
    The entire family, including mother Erica, pregnant with a boy due in February, and other daughter Kylie, has tested positive for the virus. Both are vaccinated and have experienced mild symptoms. Neither Mike nor Mikayla were vaccinated.

I thought intubating was a bad idea?  Last article I read said only a third of intubated covid patients make it.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

I thought intubating was a bad idea?  Last article I read said only a third of intubated covid patients make it.
    Right but not intubating has an even lower survival rate.  Intubating is the last resort for acute respiratory failure.  
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited December 2021
    Poncier said:

What medical professionals have told me is that intubation runs a high risk of causing secondary infections due to bacteria in the tubes.  Because their immune systems are weak, they cannot handle these secondary infections and everything starts shutting down.  I would imagine that the longer they have the tube in, the more chance there is for these types of infections.  They intubate people because it is a last ditch effort, because it’s the only way to keep them breathing, because the other option is to just watch and let them drown at that point.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

Right but not intubating has an even lower survival rate.  Intubating is the last resort for acute respiratory failure.  
    I was looking for more info on that but got sidetracked.  I am very much curious about intubating covid patients.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

I was looking for more info on that but got sidetracked.  I am very much curious about intubating covid patients.
    they did find leaving them on their back was worse as theres more tissue on the back of the lung? so they put them on their stomachs with better end results.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

this is child abuse

but it should be

Forever. 
    Ha! It shouldn’t be though. I remember the first time I came to AMT. I was mostly on the porch. I was shocked and appalled by the way a few here spoke to other people. 
    Same I used to check the porch for info on tours etc...then during lockdown i found the place to argue on the internet and now I don't even care about the music anymore, I just want the merch and arguing on AMT
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

this is child abuse

but it should be

Forever. 
    Same I used to check the porch for info on tours etc...then during lockdown i found the place to argue on the internet and now I don't even care about the music anymore, I just want the merch and arguing on AMT
    Yeah but you can't call names here...have to resort to Twitter or TikTok for that

I created anonymous FB accounts (Mike Hocksbigg, Tess Stickels, Harry Seeword, etc., real mature stuff) to troll people on FB but they eventually catch up to you and want you to add a phone # or some other identify verification that has ended most of my fake accounts.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

this is child abuse

but it should be

Forever. 
    Yeah but you can't call names here...have to resort to Twitter or TikTok for that

I created anonymous FB accounts (Mike Hocksbigg, Tess Stickels, Harry Seeword, etc., real mature stuff) to troll people on FB but they eventually catch up to you and want you to add a phone # or some other identify verification that has ended most of my fake accounts.
    Was Barry McCockiner already taken?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    edited December 2021
    There are an amazing number of Mike Hocksbigg accounts.  I can't even find my old one when searched.

here is Harry....I'm locked out though. No idea who the unibrow guy is

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mcgruff10 said:
    Haven’t been in this thread in a long time so forgive me if this has been discussed.   Thoughts on the booster shot?  Yeah or nay?

I don't think there will be an option for much longer, at least not if you want to keep your "fully vaxxed" status.  I was just in the same boat.  "Do I need it?"  "Do I get it?"  And then I got hit with the real deal, so the decision was made for me.  Unfortunately when (not if) it becomes required for "fully vaxxed" status, my fresh natural immunity will mean nothing to our government though, which I've always felt was flawed thinking.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I don't think there will be an option for much longer, at least not if you want to keep your "fully vaxxed" status.  I was just in the same boat.  "Do I need it?"  "Do I get it?"  And then I got hit with the real deal, so the decision was made for me.  Unfortunately when (not if) it becomes required for "fully vaxxed" status, my fresh natural immunity will mean nothing to our government though, which I've always felt was flawed thinking.
    You'd have to take a test to prove that you have antibodies.  There's millions of Americans that have had COVID but never were tested, home tested, etc.  So I don't think the states have an accurate tally.  
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mcgruff10 said:
    Got mine a couple weeks ago and haven’t had Covid since, :)
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You'd have to take a test to prove that you have antibodies.  There's millions of Americans that have had COVID but never were tested, home tested, etc.  So I don't think the states have an accurate tally.  
    For sure.  I should have clarified.  Showing proof of antibodies should equal a booster shot in this case.  Truthfully, the antibody levels would likely be much higher than those from the shot, but anyway, I know this is irrelevant in the eyes of the ones holding the keys. 

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,905
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I m sorry to hear that.  How are you feeling? Taste and smell back?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Saw the owner Dr of my pcp's practice on monday for a preop physical(minor shit no sweat)

He's  in his 60's mid or higher.

he said for his age group those who had the shot saw waning immunity to about 60% efficacy at roughly 6 months. and would help explain the breakthrough cases. but with booster it was north of 95%.

am following his recommendation  soonest. plus am due for #2 shingrix

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Thanks bud.  Had a smooth ride, all things considered.  Three days of being sick and the minute I felt better the taste and smell shut off like a light.  That was Sunday.  This morning I got maybe 10-20% of it back, so it's a positive start. 

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    static111 said:

Is your grandma vaccinated?  How about your girlfriend? Why aren't your nieces in trials for their age group?

yes w/booster
    yes w/booster
    they are
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    FiveBelow said:

Chiming in on parenting when your greatest responsibility is making sure the kitty litter is changed...maybe you should sit this one out, champ.

for the record my cat is vaxxed as well
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Thanks bud.  Had a smooth ride, all things considered.  Three days of being sick and the minute I felt better the taste and smell shut off like a light.  That was Sunday.  This morning I got maybe 10-20% of it back, so it's a positive start. 

That’s good to hear!  You ll be tasting those bourbons in no time!  Any clue how you got it? Kids bring it home?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

That’s good to hear!  You ll be tasting those bourbons in no time!  Any clue how you got it? Kids bring it home?
    If my eyes were closed and I took a sip, it could be vodka for all I know!  It came from a buddy in Nashville I was hanging with.  Vaxxed to vaxxed transmission.  Not sure where he got it though.  Lucky us!

• Options
    edited December 2021
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

If my eyes were closed and I took a sip, it could be vodka for all I know!  It came from a buddy in Nashville I was hanging with.  Vaxxed to vaxxed transmission.  Not sure where he got it though.  Lucky us!

ah man that sucks!  Take it easy and get better soon!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,921
    I have an appointment to get my booster tomorrow. I didn't have any severe side effects with the first two - so I hope this one will be the same.
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    I have an appointment to get my booster tomorrow. I didn't have any severe side effects with the first two - so I hope this one will be the same.

staying with the same vax or mixing?

This discussion has been closed.