Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,670
    mcgruff10 said:
    Haven’t been in this thread in a long time so forgive me if this has been discussed.   Thoughts on the booster shot?  Yeah or nay?
    yea.. I got my booster and flu last Friday.  No effects at all.  Now I didn't have any effects from the other two either, so I've been fortunate.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Haven’t been in this thread in a long time so forgive me if this has been discussed.   Thoughts on the booster shot?  Yeah or nay?
    Got my booster a couple Friday's ago... the next day I felt off a little, just lethargic, but no aches or pains in my joints like w/ the original two shots. 
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,188
    edited December 2021

Chiming in on parenting when your greatest responsibility is making sure the kitty litter is changed...maybe you should sit this one out, champ.

Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,867
    edited December 2021

Somebody in England with devastatingly crippling health anxiety that has lost one child at some point, I believe with a health related problem. Somebody who is vaxxed himself and seems to want far more info as it relates to his youngest child. As I recall he is worried about heart complications in children.

Your immunocompromised grandma flying to england any time soon? you? anyone around her? No? then dont worry about someones opinion 6000 miles from you.
    Post edited by Sea on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mcgruff10 said:
    For me nay, unless it becomes a requirement.  I'm not in a high risk and I have both doses of Moderna.  3 shots in a year seems excessive.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,514
    edited December 2021

Maybe take a break for a bit. 
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,006
    edited December 2021

Post edited by Sea on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Is your grandma vaccinated?  How about your girlfriend? Why aren't your nieces in trials for their age group?
    Post edited by Sea on
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Ive had 3 vaccinatons to clarify 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,809
    edited December 2021

Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Forever. 
    Keep this trash talk on Twitter or Facebook where it belongs. Not here. 
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    Oh and i will  add i have 4 children. And 3 step children.  All but 2 out of 7 are vaccinated.  One is 4 and cant be . And one is 17 and chose not to. Free  will. So 5 are ranging  from 15 to 23
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Oh and i will  add i have 4 children. And 3 step children.  All but 2 out of 7 are vaccinated.  One is 4 and cant be . And one is 17 and chose not to. Free  will. So 5 are ranging  from 15 to 23
    Just ignore. You’ve been through enough. You don’t have to explain yourself. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    I wouldn't  vaccinate a kid. Just my opinion 

this is child abuse

I mean, it's not actually

but it should be
    So shoot me. Who  are you to choose for my child.

obviously a better parent than you ever will be
    Maybe take a break for a bit. 
    Forever. 
    Keep this trash talk on Twitter or Facebook where it belongs. Not here. 
    I thought AMT was THE place for Self Righteousness?  
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    mcgruff10 said:
    absolutely get it to protect yourself....probably every six months for now
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,928
    Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here.

Please take the rude comments to each other off of the forum. Discuss the topic not the people discussing the topic. Please see the Posting Guidelines.
    Thank you

• Options
    Holy fertility, bat man!  

I have one child under 18.  She wanted to get vaccinated.  My college age son was vaccinated, but only because he had to do it to enroll in the fall.  Otherwise he would not have, not because he's anti-vax, but because he's a lazy ass teenager.  

I throw stones at adults who willfully pass vaccine disinformation and discourage people from taking them.  Children are a whole different story and more complicated.  I personally throw no such stones. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    I legitimately don't understand the whole "you're going to get a shot twice a year?" argument.  Yeah.  I've been going to the dentist twice a year my entire life and that's a far bigger pain in the ass than getting a shot.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    I legitimately don't understand the whole "you're going to get a shot twice a year?" argument.  Yeah.  I've been going to the dentist twice a year my entire life and that's a far bigger pain in the ass than getting a shot.
    Fuckin A
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,905
    edited December 2021
    Damn you beat me by two!  You could have the pj fan record for kids!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I would like to add vaccine  trust in this country  isnt great remember  we were all given AZ now its  nowhere to be seen. And we have to have pfizer boosters. Because  clearly AZ was  not so safe. I think  many over seas don't  understand  this. There is a lack of transparency  and honesty all round.  And with mrna the risk of heart problems  and damage to heart viens. Also it may keep reproducing  spike  proteins  that  could cause dna damage causing cells to not repair  making cancers possible.  It's  not black and white.  I will take that chance  reluctantly  but my  4 year  old 
     Not atm i won't 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    where have you seen this assertion of damaging dna?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    The only anti-vaxxer stance I understand is someone who refuses all vaccines. The angle about there not being enough research or concerns about it being a new vaccine so we don't know long term side effects throw me off. I mean, new technology is introduced to us almost daily that we have no idea about it's possible failings or risks because it hasn't been around long enough. Sure, no one is having the technology put in their body (at least in non-medical settings), but then why not all the concern over where your food is coming from or what type of modified hybrid you ate that was created in a lab? I don't think I've ever heard anyone ponder whether they should eat the McRib, vending machine deli meat sandwich or a cob of sweet corn because they don't know what long term side effects will be. It's weird to me how we just socially accept some of these risks and write them off as nothing, but in other cases it's a make or break decision.

Our current culture has really created a sense of fear around vaccines. Of course some will experience side effects, and some may be very serious, but they may also get the virus and have a long term health issue as well. Which way do you want to flip the coin? Current research and studies show vaccination is less risk, not zero risk, because nothing is, so when is long enough for those who are waiting? 2 years? 5? Never? Personally, I feel that it seems to come down to fear of being the cause (at least when deciding for children) of a negative outcome that could have been prevented; however, it could also be what prevents a negative outcome. It's something none of us can ever know once we choose a path, unless Doctor Strange wants to share his abilities.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yay- got it in October

Omicron has been confirmed in someone who recently travelled to NYC.  Enjoy the long winter everyone.  
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    where have you seen this assertion of damaging dna?
    I will find a link to what i read
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,905
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yay- got it in October

Omicron has been confirmed in someone who recently travelled to NYC.  Enjoy the long winter everyone.  
    I m definitely leaning towards getting it.  My students are going out left and right lately.  Scary stuff for sure.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
      Coronavirus cases in South Africa nearly triple in three days as fears over omicron grow  https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/12/02/south-africa-coronavirus-omicron/ 

from the article

Shabir Madhi, a professor of vaccinology at the University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, said all indications were that omicron could be more transmissible than delta.
    “The majority of cases are currently presenting as a mild illness,” he added.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/4Unt03UBhbU
    This  type of thing. . Also there are some saying  covid does the  same  so. Either could be bad
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yay- got it in October

I m definitely leaning towards getting it.  My students are going out left and right lately.  Scary stuff for sure.  
    you got the first one...why not the booster?  It's the same shot just half a dose
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Im not sure whats fact  but its all un known in my mind
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

This discussion has been closed.