Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    CM189191 said:

my grandma is 91 and immunocompromised
    my nieces are too young to be vaccinated
    my girlfriend is a teacher with a classroom full of sick kids who's parents refuse to have them vaccinated

it's not a choice that someone just makes for their own child
    it's a choice that affects everyone around that child, and society as a whole

so who is  to make that choice for my grandma, my nieces, my girlfriend?

Well?

Make an off hand remark, and people go running to Kat and Sea

Make a valid point?

... crickets...

It's pretty clear what people's motivations are around here.

And it certainly isn't to "Discuss, disagree and debate politely" 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,774
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

my girlfriend is a teacher with a classroom full of sick kids who's parents refuse to have them vaccinated

Well?

Make a valid point?

... crickets...

And when have you ever done any of those things politely? I’m sorry when people get warned about you in pMs then you have a reputation. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    mickeyrat said:

Somebody in England with devastatingly crippling health anxiety that has lost one child at some point, I believe with a health related problem. Somebody who is vaxxed himself and seems to want far more info as it relates to his youngest child. As I recall he is worried about heart complications in children.

Your immunocompromised grandma flying to england any time soon? you? anyone around her? No? then dont worry about someones opinion 6000 miles from you.

here was the first response.

you'll  note your quote was removed...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Well?

Make a valid point?

... crickets...

You made an impolite rude comment...don't try to play victim.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,876
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:
    I have an appointment to get my booster tomorrow. I didn't have any severe side effects with the first two - so I hope this one will be the same.

staying with the same vax or mixing?
    Same one - Moderna. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    End of page 105 this thread.  Wow!  Fucking lovely!  Shame your fellow PJ fan and say nasty things cause, yeah man, that always gets people to change their mind, right?  Hey, while you're at it, yell at the person!  Yelling at someone is an even better what to get them to stop and say, "Oh, gosh yeah, you are so right.  Thank you."
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    OK, now the serious response.  Please, just be kind to each other.  There is so much pain and shit in this world already.  Or take your anger out on me.  I don't care.  I have broad shoulders.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Well?

Make a valid point?

... crickets...

Cry
  • Options
    Im Better Than You GIFs  Tenor
  • Options
    Anyone watch that Utopia show?  I'm just watching now and I can see where the conspiracy theorists got their ideas from.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    Im Better Than You GIFs  Tenor
    This was a good episode. 
  • Options
    Anyone watch that Utopia show?  I'm just watching now and I can see where the conspiracy theorists got their ideas from.
    What service is it streaming on?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    Amazon Prime.  Highly recommend watching this.  Warning, as it is disturbing and heavy at times.
  • Options
    static111 said:
    Amazon Prime.  Highly recommend watching this.  Warning, as it is disturbing and heavy at times.
    Damn I don't do Amazon
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,774
  • Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Damn I don't do Amazon
    Borrow someone's account if you can.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Haven’t been in this thread in a long time so forgive me if this has been discussed.   Thoughts on the booster shot?  Yeah or nay?

I don't think there will be an option for much longer, at least not if you want to keep your "fully vaxxed" status.  I was just in the same boat.  "Do I need it?"  "Do I get it?"  And then I got hit with the real deal, so the decision was made for me.  Unfortunately when (not if) it becomes required for "fully vaxxed" status, my fresh natural immunity will mean nothing to our government though, which I've always felt was flawed thinking.
    your fresh natural immunity will help you for about six months....keep that in mind

a shot would have been much more pleasant
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Haven’t been in this thread in a long time so forgive me if this has been discussed.   Thoughts on the booster shot?  Yeah or nay?

I don't think there will be an option for much longer, at least not if you want to keep your "fully vaxxed" status.  I was just in the same boat.  "Do I need it?"  "Do I get it?"  And then I got hit with the real deal, so the decision was made for me.  Unfortunately when (not if) it becomes required for "fully vaxxed" status, my fresh natural immunity will mean nothing to our government though, which I've always felt was flawed thinking.
    your fresh natural immunity will help you for about six months....keep that in mind

a shot would have been much more pleasant
    Yes.  Not getting Covid after being vaccinated would have been the preferred option.  Didn't work that way for me unfortunately.
    I do realize the natural immunity lasts in the 6 month range, which is the same as the vaccines.  So in my eyes, I should not be required to get a booster for 6 months to retain my fully vaxxed status. 

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,527
    edited December 2021
    ^not necessarily true anymore...

Link to yesterday's real world study suggesting 2.4 times icreased transmission - not yet peer reviewed to drive policy

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.11.11.21266068v2

This evidence refutes your claim, Gern, that natural infection will keep you safe for six months.

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    ^Right.  If the vaccines and natural immunity are both useless to the new variant than that is a whole different topic entirely.
  • Options

Natural immunity - likely
    Vacinne induced t.b.a.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    brianlux said:
    OK, now the serious response.  Please, just be kind to each other.  There is so much pain and shit in this world already.  Or take your anger out on me.  I don't care.  I have broad shoulders.
    Kiss my ass, Brian! You suck! :wink:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:

Awwwwwwwwwwwe shucks!  I am oddly flattered.
    :rofl:

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:

Good! Now go pound sand, you ignoramus!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:

Good! Now go pound sand, you ignoramus!

I'm on it!
    Top 30 Pound Sand GIFs  Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    That statistic seems weird a few posts up. It ranks how many people got reinfected vs the # of people that got covid overall.  It seems like a fairly small ratio, like only a small percentage of people who got covid, got it a 2nd time.  35,000 vs 2.7 million seems kind of low?

I guess the other thing with Omicron will be how severe it is.  Is it more or less severe than the current strains.   It could be more contagious, but maybe we'll luck out and it'll be less lethal?
  • Options

• Options
      Most coronavirus vaccines work as boosters, with higher antibody levels from Pfizer and Moderna, study finds

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/12/03/covid-vaccines-booster-combinations-study/

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
     Omicron coronavirus variant three times more likely to cause reinfection than delta, S. Africa study says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/12/03/omicron-covid-variant-delta-reinfection/

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Zod said:
    That statistic seems weird a few posts up. It ranks how many people got reinfected vs the # of people that got covid overall.  It seems like a fairly small ratio, like only a small percentage of people who got covid, got it a 2nd time.  35,000 vs 2.7 million seems kind of low?

1.3%. Very small number.
    This weekend we rock Portland
This discussion has been closed.