Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Brandon’s mandates aren’t working…maybe try incentives instead?
    https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/biden-vaccine-rule-health-workers-blocked-10-states-81450682
    Breyer turned down the challenge in the NE. Our employment law outside counsel believes the rules will stay based on previous deference given to OSHA and the executive branch in times of emergency.  There just had to be an end date. 
    Do you mean that if the mandate has a firm end date that it is legal and fair?  If so that means "they" would have to dedicate a date to when the mandate would end?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Brandon’s mandates aren’t working…maybe try incentives instead?
    https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/biden-vaccine-rule-health-workers-blocked-10-states-81450682
    Breyer turned down the challenge in the NE. Our employment law outside counsel believes the rules will stay based on previous deference given to OSHA and the executive branch in times of emergency.  There just had to be an end date. 
    Do you mean that if the mandate has a firm end date that it is legal and fair?  If so that means "they" would have to dedicate a date to when the mandate would end?
    IN times of emergency, broad powers are given to the executive branch.  But these powers are not without limits.  If there is not a reasonable end time, the court would expect this type of thing to be taken up by the legislative branch.  We've been consulting outside counsel, as I mentioned, and they think it will stand.  The SCOTUS has thus far refused to even hear a case on this.  Typically that means they believe it to be settled law.  
  • Options
    Off for yet another  round of pcr tests.my 4 year old has another fever and is flat out. Fuck all this and fuck it again.  
    Hope your 4 year old feels better soon. 
    Thanks my friend.  We are all in this together 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    Off for yet another  round of pcr tests.my 4 year old has another fever and is flat out. Fuck all this and fuck it again.  
    You and your family were part of our dinner conversation tonight…..our thoughts and prayers are with you. 
  • Options
    You and your family were part of our dinner conversation tonight…..our thoughts and prayers are with you. 
    Love to you and your  family 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Will the Vaccines Stop Omicron? Scientists Are Racing to Find Out.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/28/health/covid-omicron-vaccines-immunity.html

i sure wish Ontario had a plan for boosters for everyone…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJNB said:
    dignin said:
    PJNB said:
    If your kid is eligible to be vaccinated and you choose not to then don’t expect society to pussy foot around your decisions…of course when billions are being vaccinated in mass some people will experience side effects … and that’s life.

Do you trust vaccines or not?

My mom grew up in the polio era…she was grateful for the polio vaccine.  

If your kid had cancer would you deny them chemo to keep them alive?  How about juvenile diabetes?  Would you deny them life saving insulin?   
    Do you have kids? You come off as you do not with these comments. Comparing cancer and chemotherapy or insulin to getting a vaccine for covid are very poor comparisons. If you do have kids that are 5-11 in age and are getting them vaccinated that is great. That is your decision. I on the other hand am waiting a couple of months before we decide, There is under 1000 cases in my province right now, If I lived in a big city or province my thoughts maybe different. 
    I have kids aged 4 and 7 and I agree with Meltdown.

7 year old got his first dose on Friday.

Everybody is going to come into contact with covid sooner or later. Not to mention I feel safer having at least one of my children partially vaccinated around his grandparents this Christmas.

Getting our kids vaccinated is an absolute no-brainer and the right thing to do.
    You agree it is as important as giving insulin to a diabetic child or chemo therapy to a child with cancer?

That is great the decision is easy for you and a no brainer. For me it is not. 
    It's ridiculous that it isn't an easy decision.

You are ignoring the evidence.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    If and when the 5th wave hits I want my child to be fully vaccinated. You can't vaccinate you kids and expect to be protected immediately. 

I'm not going to wait till it's pouring to look for an umbrella.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    dignin said:
    If and when the 5th wave hits I want my child to be fully vaccinated. You can't vaccinate you kids and expect to be protected immediately. 

I'm not going to wait till it's pouring to look for an umbrella.

I am happy for you and your family and I am not saying you are making the wrong choice. By the sounds of it you are making the right choice for you.  What works for you does not necessarily work for me however. We do not have large waves here like other cities.  The risk is much lower. That is why I am not in a rush to have them go out and get it. After Christmas passes I will reevaluate if we feel it is the necessary choice. There has not been one positive case in their school this year or last. 

I would like to ask the question again however since you did not answer it. You said you agreed with Meltdown. Do you really think covid vaccination for kids is comparable to insulin or chemotherapy? 
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    What works for you does not necessarily work for me however.

We do not have large waves here like other cities. 

The risk is much lower. 
    That's not how vaccines work

Yes you do

No it isn't
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

The risk is much lower. 

Yes you do

No it isn't
     Population density matters. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    edited November 2021
    PJNB said:
    CM189191 said:

The risk is much lower. 

Yes you do

No it isn't
    when winnipeg is one quarter the population density as toronto, but had the same infection rate per capita as of a year ago, I'd love to say you're right, but you just aren't. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2021
    PJNB said:
    CM189191 said:

The risk is much lower. 

Yes you do

No it isn't
    when winnipeg is one quarter the population density as toronto, but has the same infection rate per capita as of today, I'd love to say you're right, but you just aren't. 
    I am comparing a town of 10K to a larger city here. Winnipeg is smaller than Toronto yes but in my case where I live that close of a comparison is not what I am talking about. 

Side note I am actually surprised that per 1000 people Manitoba has more cases than Ontario. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938

It may not be a plan as concrete as you would like (or were aware of), but here it is, very clearly stating that in Early 2022, everyone 12 or older will be eligible for the booster. 

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/getting-covid-19-vaccine#booster-doses

I sure wish people confirmed what they believe to be true before sharing it...

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    benjs said:

It may not be a plan as concrete as you would like (or were aware of), but here it is, very clearly stating that in Early 2022, everyone 12 or older will be eligible for the booster. 

Early 2022?  Like I said no plan.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    benjs said:

I'm not canadian, but dude early 2022 is a month away.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    benjs said:

uh...a plan generally refers to something in the future.  2022 is fast approaching.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    he seems to expect Trudeau to just shit the vaccines right now.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    he seems to expect Trudeau to just shit the vaccines right now.
    lol. like I said before, if trudeau cured cancer he'd bitch he didn't cure heart disease. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,542
    edited December 2021
    I have a 5-11 vaccine appointment booked for my child. BC starting booking appointments yesterday for those already registered on a first-registered-first-offered basis. I had registered my child in October when prompted by the health minister.

What I've gathered, thus far, is that no safety signals were set off for the first million 5-11 US kids, which eases my mind more than just the initial 2000 or so kids that got the vaccine in the 3000ish child trials. Thanks again, brave, caring parents!

I still will seek more information on how a vaccine which may not target the spike proteins on the next variant is useful, like by having some t-helpers cells ready to fight infection. Hopefully, there are benefits physically for her, rather than just helping out our provincial community that already has 85% or more of our 5+ population vaccinated.

Mostly, I read when variants like Delta, who have mutated spike proteins, to a lesser degree than Omricon, that escape vacinne induced immunity, at least there is a degree of less severe outcomes. Since severe outcomes are so low in my child's age group, again I hope that at least her t-cells will be boosted? 

Medical immunity information or links welcome :)

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    I haven't seen any data yet that omicron escapes vaccine immunity. have you?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The conclusions to which people jump is crazy.  The only thing of note that I've seen is that the first doctor to treat it, in RSA, said the symptoms were much milder and slightly different than before.  https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/29/omicron-covid-variant-symptoms-heres-what-we-know-so-far.html
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,542
    There are 2 triple vaxxed docs in Isreal with omricon that wscaped their immunity. Perhaps, it is the many mutations similar to  Beta that this worry and trend comes from.
    This is why borders shut down. Also lots of chatter about reinfection.

So ya, in this respect vaccinating children a month from now may have reduced efficacy. Maybe I'll wait for more data.

• Options
    tish said:
    There are 2 triple vaxxed docs in Isreal with omricon that wscaped their immunity. Perhaps, it is the many mutations similar to  Beta that this worry and trend comes from.

So ya, in this respect vaccinating children a month from now may have reduced efficacy. Maybe I'll wait for more data.

2 people. that's an infinitesimal data pool. it basically means nothing at this point. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Talking to a friend who works in the medical field. She mentioned blood clotting and ventilators.  I asked her if anything was written in journals and she was not aware of it so I'll ask if anyone has read about this?

"At first covid patients whom were having difficulty breathing were put on ventilators.  This would often cause blood clots and other problems. Only a third of them would survive."

If this was discussed I missed it.  Just curious if there are any recent articles as I can only find some from the summer.
  • Options
    Talking to a friend who works in the medical field. She mentioned blood clotting and ventilators.  I asked her if anything was written in journals and she was not aware of it so I'll ask if anyone has read about this?

"At first covid patients whom were having difficulty breathing were put on ventilators.  This would often cause blood clots and other problems. Only a third of them would survive."

If this was discussed I missed it.  Just curious if there are any recent articles as I can only find some from the summer.
    Isn't it true that anyone in long term sedentary positions are prone to blood clots?  That's why they give you that stupid shot in your stomach that burns like hell.  It is to prevent the clots.  
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    tish said:

2 people. that's an infinitesimal data pool. it basically means nothing at this point. 
    Also, who trusts anything coming out of Israel anymore as it relates to the pandemic? That is, other than those who like having their conspiracy theories validated by "research," of course.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Isn't it true that anyone in long term sedentary positions are prone to blood clots?  That's why they give you that stupid shot in your stomach that burns like hell.  It is to prevent the clots.  
    If they did get blood clots then I guess another question would arise and did they administer that shot?
  • Options
    dankind said:
    tish said:

Also, who trusts anything coming out of Israel anymore as it relates to the pandemic? That is, other than those who like having their conspiracy theories validated by "research," of course.
    I'm out on the Israel findings considering no one else is replicating them.
  • Options
    Ventilation has a very  low survival rate.  In any illness. Its basically last resort. Intrusive and low chance of survival 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

This discussion has been closed.