Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,886
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,642
    The latest changes to the cruise line industry will make my April land-sea-BVI bath exploration easier - more vaccines required, less testing (unless it changes yet again). 

Ski hills just up the road, but it's nice to stay a few days. I miss my regular weekends up there. Hotels have doubled their prices. Plus cleaning fees. Kid hits mandatory school, I pump the pj and ski like a scared little old lady:)
  • Options
    This shit is all too much for me.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    So for absolutely no reason at all, we're told to wear masks again except with in our own personal offices. There's been no mandate by the state or federal government to do so, but the courthouse where I work is making people wear them. Only court-appointed employees like myself though. The sheriff deputy that I walked by when I arrived today doesn't have to wear one. So stupid. 

On another covid note, I got the moderna booster on Friday (all the more reason for me to not give a fuck about masks) and unlike the second dose, I didn't really get sick from this one. Bit of a headache on Saturday morning, but that's all. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    My wife got her Moderna booster Thursday. It kicked her butt for about 24 hours. Friday, she got home and was miserable. Chills, fever, body aches. By Saturday she was feeling much better with just a headache. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,829
    So for absolutely no reason at all, we're told to wear masks again except with in our own personal offices. There's been no mandate by the state or federal government to do so, but the courthouse where I work is making people wear them. Only court-appointed employees like myself though. The sheriff deputy that I walked by when I arrived today doesn't have to wear one. So stupid. 

On another covid note, I got the moderna booster on Friday (all the more reason for me to not give a fuck about masks) and unlike the second dose, I didn't really get sick from this one. Bit of a headache on Saturday morning, but that's all. 

The masking is a wise move. I definitely wouldn't say "for absolutely no reason at all" - there are good scientific reasons for people to be wearing masks again in all public areas. Vaccination is only one level of protection, it doesn't remove the value of masks. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829

The masking is a wise move. I definitely wouldn't say "for absolutely no reason at all" - there are good scientific reasons for people to be wearing masks again in all public areas. Vaccination is only one level of protection, it doesn't remove the value of masks. 
    I agree, though I think the inconsistency is stupid. Why only some employees? It shouldn't be about the employer but about the building. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    edited December 2021
    OnWis97 said:

I agree, though I think the inconsistency is stupid. Why only some employees? It shouldn't be about the employer but about the building. 
    Agreed.

I pointed out to my employer recently the absolute stupidity in those of us in the sales offices (who are 100% vaccinated) wearing masks while other employees (including the few vaxx resistors) are going to be wearing them around their chin 24/7 while walking through our offices, and / or if we're not going to be asking guests coming to our facility to wear them. It's futile if everyone isn't wearing them.

Either have the policy or don't.  
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,829
    OnWis97 said:

Well , sure it should be consistent but from the post it looks like the building has different employers for different roles and those different employers have made different decisions on requirements, in the absence of an overarching mandate. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    OnWis97 said:

Agreed.

I pointed out to my employer recently the absolute stupidity in those of us in the sales offices (who are 100% vaccinated) wearing masks while other employees (including the few vaxx resistors) are going to be wearing them around their chin 24/7 while walking through our offices, and / or if we're not going to be asking guests coming to our facility to wear them. It's futile if everyone isn't wearing them.

Totally agree.  Inconsistency is inexcusable.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    OnWis97 said:

Agreed.

Bingo
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Fauci says early reports encouraging about Omicron coronavirus variant

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options
    https://sigallab.net/

Link to the preprint small study finding a 41fold less effect of pfizer with omicron 

And

Data to show that vaccination after infection yields better protection. 

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,252
    I read that that study ^ was done based on 12 patients, I think we should wait for a slightly larger study.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    am hesitant to put much trust in as yet peer reviewed studies
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Yes, 14 samples from 12 participants, 6 with a previous infection. It's exciting to get real world data, early as it may be, which confirms our understanding of vaccination escape. (Interesting plot twist with prior infection being added to the mix.)

I thought it would be nice to quote the study, rather than the news, which I see was partially funded by the Gates.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Interestingly, it seems the UK is now more likely to go ahead with children under 12 vaccination. I had initially wondered how the cost-benefit would work out.

I wish I had the data for that comment. I mean this must pertain to transmission rates and community spread rather than vaccine efficacy given what's been published thus far?

Wait: does that make sense? How would it lower transmission if it escapes vaccination to a large degree?

And what is 40 times less anyhow? Less than the the 85% 2 shots Pfizer did against delta? 
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,256
    Doesn't Pfizer wane anyways?  How long had it been since the people had their 2nd dose when exposed to the new variant?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Im sure that varies, Zod. My second dose was in June. Delta peaked here 2 months after that. *

But, I see your point its even worse than our best guesses when time is factored in.

*unless you mean in that study... lol, I'm surprised if they had double doses there! 
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    is vaxxed timeline accounted for in these early omicron studies?
    according  to the 65+ yr old doc I saw last week for his age group pfizer drops to approx 60% leading up to the 6 month since 2nd dose. with booster goes back to 95% and above.

would hope for study  grouped by age range of unvaxxed no prior covid, unvaxxed prior covid (with time since infection),   prior covid then vaxxed (with timelines) vaxxed then covid(with timelines), and vaxxed no covid

with subsets of a variety of preex cond.  of each group.

• Options
    https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-provide-update-omicron-variant

2 and 3 Pfizer dose comparison against omicron taken 3 weeks or one month after last shot respectively.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,252
    mickeyrat said:
    is vaxxed timeline accounted for in these early omicron studies?
    according  to the 65+ yr old doc I saw last week for his age group pfizer drops to approx 60% leading up to the 6 month since 2nd dose. with booster goes back to 95% and above.

would hope for study  grouped by age range of unvaxxed no prior covid, unvaxxed prior covid (with time since infection),   prior covid then vaxxed (with timelines) vaxxed then covid(with timelines), and vaxxed no covid

with subsets of a variety of preex cond.  of each group.

From what I read, the 12 patients in that South Africa study had received 2 doses (not sure how long ago), but none had received a booster.
    The info in the Pfizer release (always to be taken with a grain of salt when it comes from the drug maker directly) Tish just posted says Pfizer vax is effective against Megatron Omicron after a booster, let's hope so.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Its  all getting  ridiculous.  
    So much  covid  here. My cousin lives 2 streets  away has covid and its getting  so close. Fear  prevails at least with me.  We are all getting  it
     FACT.  Be fit 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    If any reads up on any tests on children's vaccine, plesse post a link!

• Options
    So I have a few friends that are borderline Q and are firm believers that the vaccine is bioterrorism and the show Utopia is gospel.

How the F do you tell them that this isn't really happening?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    edited December 2021
    So I have a few friends that are borderline Q and are firm believers that the vaccine is bioterrorism and the show Utopia is gospel.

Amuse them the way you would amuse people who believe in chem-trails.  There is no reasoning with people who believe in these conspiracies.  I've tried a number of times and come to the conclusion that there are better things to do with my time and energy.  Just my 2 cents, but there it is.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829

I don't know the show "Utopia" and I'm glad I don't...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    OnWis97 said:

I don't know the show "Utopia" and I'm glad I don't...
    I'm the opposite....now I'm intrigued. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678

Get different friends?
This discussion has been closed.