Options

2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    edited June 2021
    I think we can all agree that if nothing else, just send out an email saying something like “Make sure to grab your tickets to ONE OF TWO PEARL JAM only shows this year”

They never do. SOLD OUT!  Price of admission to one of these two shoes is now very expensive. I would never go to a fest like SHN unless the lineup was very strong, but now I cannot wait for it.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,628
    Also, have to agree with an earlier comment I saw somewhere regarding Ohana

No offense to Ed, but it would be a huge waste of an opportunity for the entire band, crew, stage and equipment to be at Ohana and not play both Saturday and Sunday
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,537

No offense to Ed, but it would be a huge waste of an opportunity for the entire band, crew, stage and equipment to be at Ohana and not play both Saturday and Sunday
    Agree.  Although tough to change a headliner after the fact like that.  
  • Options

That’s true but it’s happened before.  Also, hard to believe that there would be many folks upset if they were to do so.  I don’t see why it’s not possible though.
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,193
    PJNB said:
    uglybabo said:
    https://www.cambridgetimes.ca/news-story/10418136-burn-in-the-u-s-a-canadians-who-got-the-astrazeneca-vaccine-can-t-see-springsteen-on-broadway-/

“The show must go on. But if you got the AstraZeneca vaccine, you’re not invited. 

Canadians who got that shot will not, at least for now, be allowed in seats for “Springsteen on Broadway” the first production since the famous theatres went dark at the start of the pandemic.“

This was a popular shot for gen X in Canada so this may create a problem with vaccinated shows for non Americans. 

Wow that is messed up imo if implemented
    Yes. Hopefully AZ will find its way onto the US approved list somehow.  I’m not a scientist but if I understand the situation the issue is safety.  Fair enough if FDA doesn’t want Americans taking it for that reason, but as it should achieve a minimum baseline effectiveness, people who have already had it and survived the safety risk should be worthy of being considered vaccinated I would think.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options

That’s true but it’s happened before.  Also, hard to believe that there would be many folks upset if they were to do so.  I don’t see why it’s not possible though.
    I love EV solo shows but it’s not like I would complain if it became a full PJ show.  I guess technically if they made that change they could offer refunds to people who specifically and only wanted to see EV solo, and like 3 people out of 25k or whatever would pursue that.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,537

I love EV solo shows but it’s not like I would complain if it became a full PJ show.  I guess technically if they made that change they could offer refunds to people who specifically and only wanted to see EV solo, and like 3 people out of 25k or whatever would pursue that.  
    Haha. Maybe 4 people.
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 299
    I come to this thread and see 71 new posts...and then nothing. The band could help us a little by giving us an update.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    JABK said:
    I come to this thread and see 71 new posts...and then nothing. The band could help us a little by giving us an update.
    One thing is for certain. If something else is coming this fall its has to be in the next month. 

With the spring 2022 shows hopefully they let us know as soon as they possibly can. 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    JABK said:
    This is a sincere question, I’m not trying to argue or stir shit but I genuinely don’t understand what people want to happen here:

If the band put out an official statement today that said “We do not have any confirmed new or rescheduled tour dates to announce at this time, but we are looking forward to touring again soon and are working diligently to reschedule postponed shows and schedule new ones. We hope to have more to share with you soon once plans are in place” - would that be satisfying to you? Because that’s about all I think they would (or should!) say until they actually have dates locked up. Personally I wouldn’t find such a statement helpful or illuminating in any way (though I guess it would confirm that they’re not broken up yet which for some reason seems to be a concern for some people), but it seems like there are a lot of folks here who really want them to do something like this. 

They’ll announce something when there’s something to announce. 
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,914
    People would then change from bitching about a lack of updates to bitching about the band actually not playing shows.  And saying they are has beens. And they don't care about their fans. And they have no passion anymore.  

2020 US falls shows are being rescheduled and they won't announce anything until they are finalized.  That won't be in 2021 as Jeff has already said.  They may tour somewhere (as Stone alluded - possibly OZ/NZ) in the late fall/winter of 2021 and that would be announced in the coming months. 

I think the best chance for any US shows in 2021 other than SHN and Ohana is the week in between.  If the crew and band are willing and/or able, they could easily sell out a shed somewhere in the middle.  But then people would complain about that too because they already booked plans for one or both of the festivals.  
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 632
    I keep seeing people mention Australia on these boards.  Multiple news sources are reporting Australia will be "closed" until mid-2022.  I doubt the band will slip into a "closed" country and play a bunch of shows, while acknowledging how much their fans travel from abroad.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    ddeschler said:
    I keep seeing people mention Australia on these boards.  Multiple news sources are reporting Australia will be "closed" until mid-2022.  I doubt the band will slip into a "closed" country and play a bunch of shows, while acknowledging how much their fans travel from abroad.
    The rumour came when Eddie was doing an interview back in February. Now with the reopening plan in Australia being delayed like you said it is not very likely to happen this year or early next. 

"You know, actually because of the circumstance and because of the way you handled it," responded Vedder, "in some ways I could say with confidence it could be the first place we play." 

• Options
    RiotAct41RiotAct41 Posts: 17
    edited June 2021
    uglybabo said:
    https://www.cambridgetimes.ca/news-story/10418136-burn-in-the-u-s-a-canadians-who-got-the-astrazeneca-vaccine-can-t-see-springsteen-on-broadway-/

“The show must go on. But if you got the AstraZeneca vaccine, you’re not invited. 

Canadians who got that shot will not, at least for now, be allowed in seats for “Springsteen on Broadway” the first production since the famous theatres went dark at the start of the pandemic.“

This was a popular shot for gen X in Canada so this may create a problem with vaccinated shows for non Americans. 

🥺
    Post edited by RiotAct41 on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    hit a paywall on that one, but does it say anything about those of us that got the AZ as the first shot but an mRNA shot for our second?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    RiotAct41 said:
    uglybabo said:

🥺
    ...I mean, we can't currently travel to the United States anyway, so I'm not sure how many people this is impacting :p
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    hit a paywall on that one, but does it say anything about those of us that got the AZ as the first shot but an mRNA shot for our second?
    Both have to be FDA approved; the website has an FAQ

https://www.jujamcyn.com/springsteenFAQ/#covid19-bot-alerts

NBC is requiring vaccinations too for Fallon and SNL and it can’t be AZ either; Colbert too. 

https://www.nbc.com/tickets/pages/tickets-and-nbc-studio-tour

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,800
    I’m wondering the same thing 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    I’m wondering the same thing 
    someone answered above. both doses need to be FDA approved. hopefully this is a Bruce-only issue. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I assume this topic is part of what’s holding up the border reopening rules.  Canada is probably trying to get US to accept AZ for travel purposes even if it cannot be administered in the US.  There are also a large number of people in UK and other countries who have had AZ.  

• Options
    I assume this topic is part of what’s holding up the border reopening rules.  Canada is probably trying to get US to accept AZ for travel purposes even if it cannot be administered in the US.  There are also a large number of people in UK and other countries who have had AZ.  
    Looks like the border is going to be closed until at least July 21st now. Hopefully in the next month they can figure something out especially for us full vaxxed citizens no matter what the brand was. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141
    PJNB said:
    Looks like the border is going to be closed until at least July 21st now. Hopefully in the next month they can figure something out especially for us full vaxxed citizens no matter what the brand was. 
    I sort of figured our government would wait until the majority of Canadians had their 2nd shot.. as once your a few weeks out of the 2nd shot you have pretty good immunity to Covid19 (and various strains of it).   I figure being in my 40s I'll have my 2nd dose mid to late july, so millennials are probably going to go into August.   I think it would make sense to try and hold out until most of our population has had their 2nd shots.
  • Options
    i'm 46 and my second dose is tomorrow. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:
    I sort of figured our government would wait until the majority of Canadians had their 2nd shot.. as once your a few weeks out of the 2nd shot you have pretty good immunity to Covid19 (and various strains of it).   I figure being in my 40s I'll have my 2nd dose mid to late july, so millennials are probably going to go into August.   I think it would make sense to try and hold out until most of our population has had their 2nd shots.
    Really that late? In NB anyone that wants one can book after June 21st. Not saying they will get in before August I guess but the books are open all to get an appointment. We are supposed to hit 75% with double shots by the end of July now the premiere said. I do not believe it but we will see.  
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    i'm 46 and my second dose is tomorrow. 
    Great news hope all goes well!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 563
    ddeschler said:
    "Closed until mid 2022" for citizen international travel. Bands can come. We already have Guns N Roses and Kiss coming this November, plus Faith No More and Kings of Leon in February.

If things continue the way they are in Oz, PJ could easily play Feb/March 2022 here.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,175
    Zod said:
    As someone who can't currently cross the border I'm perfectly ok with the dates not being rescheduled until next year.

I don't feel the band is being lazy, PJ is being PJ.  Fully aware that they have fans that travel from everywhere which creates a few more challenges.  Foo Fighters traditionally tour so much, and play the same sets, that you don't really need to travel to see them.  

It does seem to me the US very much hit a point where they're like.. pandemic's over, lets go for it.  Leaving anyone who still feeling cautious behind.   PJ was the first band to cancel because of the pandemic so I expect them to be one of the last back in.

While Foo Fighters might be first, I think there's still a few bands that haven't rescheduled.  Rolling Stones, Tool, etc...  It's not like PJ is the only band not going all in at the first chance?
    There is no reason to see Foos more than once per tour. They even do the same bits on back to back nights. Very different than PJ.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Early GA wristband from the Foos show tonight.  Stood in line for a poster with the biggest smile on my face.

It’s so good to be back