Options

2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,453
    Have a blast!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    Enjoy and pretty jealous! 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Kind of an interesting way it’s working tonight

So there’s no signs for a GA lineup or entrance or anything.  But if you ask a worker, they tell you GA enters at a certain exit.  Go to that entrance, and there’s 10-15 people there waiting.

Every 20 mins or so, a guy comes out with wristbands and checks your ID, ticket and vaccine card.  The he gives a wristband and says to come back at 530 to re lineup in order (he said they’re doing 400 “early” GA wristbands)

regular Doors at 6:30
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    I can’t even explain how great it felt to be around 20,000 screaming fans just as happy to be seeing a show as I was

Really hoping we hear something, anything, from Pearl Jam this week.  It’s time.

2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,816
    I can’t even explain how great it felt to be around 20,000 screaming fans just as happy to be seeing a show as I was

Really hoping we hear something, anything, from Pearl Jam this week.  It’s time.

It was absolutely insane. No reason why PJ can’t do the same. “PJ have more traveling fans” AND!!!??  Fully vaccinated only and if you can’t make it, sit this one out. They don’t need out of country fans to sell out in major markets like MsG. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    nicknyr15 said:

It was absolutely insane. No reason why PJ can’t do the same. “PJ have more traveling fans” AND!!!??  Fully vaccinated only and if you can’t make it, sit this one out. They don’t need out of country fans to sell out in major markets like MsG. 
    Agreed, they could do so many things right now and this fall.  They just don’t want to.

Im sure it’ll just be another week of total radio silence unfortunately.
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,561

Amazing!  Pretty jealous of this.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,244
    nicknyr15 said:

I'm glad your not in charge, I really don't want to have to ditch my Oakland tickets... sigh.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,816
    edited June 2021
    Zod said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I'm glad your not in charge, I really don't want to have to ditch my Oakland tickets... sigh.
    Wasn’t referring to the postponed shows. Talking about some new shows this year. 

Damn I must of sounded like a dick haha. Sorry for the miscommunication. 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,244
    nicknyr15 said:
    Zod said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Wasn’t referring to the postponed shows. Talking about some new shows this year. 

That makes more sense.  You mentioned MSG, of which they already had an MSG show scheduled, so selling new MSG shows before playing the last one.   I think that gets challenging.  Also from a planning perspective, when you already owe X amount of shows, and your thinking about adding more, it's gotta stick in your head that things cold go sideways again, and then you owe XX amount of shows.  Feels to me like PJ is testing the waters with small commitments for the festivals, will save bigger for later.

Hopefully it's moot issue for us Canadians in the not to distant future.   Hopefully I've got my 2nd vaccine in a month or so.   Probably by August, the round of 2nd shots will be done.  Then hopefully the border opens.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I’m all for moving the post poned shows to March 2022 to allow for already ticketed people to make it

But, they could announce a 4 night vaccinated only stand in Philly or Seattle today at lunch time today and sell it out in 37 seconds, if they wanted…
  • Options
    I do not want to derail this thread more than it already is but the Foo Fighters are much more of a band than Pearl Jam is at this point. They seem to hang out with each other, are constantly recording. Hell, they are doing a Bee Gees cover EP. As much as it pains me as a super fan, Pearl Jam are a legacy act at this point. They do not want to play shows for whatever reasons and are far from an active band. I think the fire in Ed's belly is gone. I only single out Ed cause the rest of the band seem to be pumping out side projects all the time. Maybe once his children are in college he may be willing to tour more. Who knows.
  • Options
    I do not want to derail this thread more than it already is but the Foo Fighters are much more of a band than Pearl Jam is at this point. They seem to hang out with each other, are constantly recording. Hell, they are doing a Bee Gees cover EP. As much as it pains me as a super fan, Pearl Jam are a legacy act at this point. They do not want to play shows for whatever reasons and are far from an active band. I think the fire in Ed's belly is gone. I only single out Ed cause the rest of the band seem to be pumping out side projects all the time. Maybe once his children are in college he may be willing to tour more. Who knows.
    If you recall… Pearl Jam purposely pulled back from the spotlight 25 years ago.  As much as I want them to tour more and release more albums, this is the path they chose starting back then.  They aren’t a band that is plugged into the machine, like Foo Fighters.  And that’s not a swipe at Dave Grohl… he is running the band the way he wants to. And Pearl Jam has always done what they want and when they want to do it.  They only answer to themselves at this point.  It’s a little harsh to call them a legacy band when this is the path they’ve always chosen… but with the slower pace you’d expect as a band ages. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 205
    I think the biggest change was after 2006 when their formal record contract was up. After the Avacado album the tours have gotten much smaller and the time between albums much longer. There's no more outside force that gets them into the studio and out promoting, so it seems pretty clear that this is how they want to operate.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    It is hard as a Pearl Jam fan watching these other bands do what they are doing this year but I am thankful we are getting at least 2 shows this year. I would never say they are a legacy act though. Them doing the sets that they do at this point in their career tells me this.  If you look at the FF's set of the past couple of tours, while stellar shows, the sets are all the same. if PJ copy and pasted as they did and toured more would you be more satisfied? I would not be. 

We are in the 2-3 month window of when they like to announce shows for the US. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks they drop something for us to see this fall and then the spring 2022 dates follow soon after. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    2017-2021 is a 5 year stretch that will see Pearl Jam play shows in a total of 6 geographic markets in the US.  That’s just over 1 a year.

They couldn’t help the pandemic, sure.  But from today on, they have a golden opportunity to play shows, return to the live format.

It’s pretty clear how low the desire to tour is when you’ve had 5 years off with a few shows scattered here and there and you still don’t want to capitalize on probably the most demand there has ever been for live music to happen
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    They aren't running back into arenas because they are being overly cautious in terms of safety. They were the first ones to cancel a tour last year because of being overly cautious about safety. They will be on the back end of bands returning to play arenas, probably spring 2022. It has nothing to do with "not wanting to play shows". They will wait until they are 1000% sure it's totally safe. It's amazing how some fans can totally forget why they do certain things a certain way.....6/30/2000.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    RP112579 said:
    They aren't running back into arenas because they are being overly cautious in terms of safety. They were the first ones to cancel a tour last year because of being overly cautious about safety. They will be on the back end of bands returning to play arenas, probably spring 2022. It has nothing to do with "not wanting to play shows". They will wait until they are 1000% sure it's totally safe. It's amazing how some fans can totally forget why they do certain things a certain way.....6/30/2000.
    Agreed.  They had a pretty sizable tour planned prior to COVID and rumors of even more shows in the US and Australia.  

• Options
    edited June 2021
    RP112579 said:
    There are hundreds of places that are non arenas that can hold a Pearl Jam concert
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    RP112579 said:
    There are hundreds of places that are non arenas that can hold a Pearl Jam concert
    Yep, and the two they are playing this year are Ed's festival and Danny Clinch's festival, so there's a level of control that they have over the situation that they probably won't get anywhere else.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    2017-2021 is a 5 year stretch that will see Pearl Jam play shows in a total of 6 geographic markets in the US.  That’s just over 1 a year.

They couldn’t help the pandemic, sure.  But from today on, they have a golden opportunity to play shows, return to the live format.

It’s pretty clear how low the desire to tour is when you’ve had 5 years off with a few shows scattered here and there and you still don’t want to capitalize on probably the most demand there has ever been for live music to happen
    I don’t really think “should we capitalize on generally high demand for live music?” is part of the equation for Pearl Jam. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    It is hard as a Pearl Jam fan watching these other bands do what they are doing this year but I am thankful we are getting at least 2 shows this year. I would never say they are a legacy act though. Them doing the sets that they do at this point in their career tells me this.  If you look at the FF's set of the past couple of tours, while stellar shows, the sets are all the same. if PJ copy and pasted as they did and toured more would you be more satisfied? I would not be. 

We are in the 2-3 month window of when they like to announce shows for the US. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks they drop something for us to see this fall and then the spring 2022 dates follow soon after. 

You are correct. I shouldn't have used legacy act. Guns n Roses are the definition of legacy act.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    nicknyr15 said:
    Zod said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Damn I must of sounded like a dick haha. Sorry for the miscommunication. 
    They may be prohibited from scheduling new shows until they fulfill their contractual obligations for the postponed shows.  Or they just may be holding off because they have doubts about indoor safety and that the right thing to do is to play the postponed shows first.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    I want Pearl Jam to tour more, but I don't want them to be Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    They were never going to be among the first bands back onstage. It was never going to happen. I do agree that there should be some communication about the postponed dates, but that too was unlikely to play out any other way than it has. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    kotton_crownkotton_crown Posts: 211
    edited June 2021
    tdawe said:

I don’t really think “should we capitalize on generally high demand for live music?” is part of the equation for Pearl Jam. 
    Well I don’t think Pearl Jam has ever had to worry about there being demand for their shows, but they’re as big business as any band. A glance at the merch tells you that much. 
        The thing is they gave so much of their lives to the band for the first ~15 years and since they’ve settled down a bit and tour when they’re comfortable. And obviously that’s fine, I’m always just happy there’s upcoming PJ shows.  
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    edited June 2021
    What is a legacy act? I've googled it, and legacy band. The answers seem vague and varied. My assumption is that it's a band or performer who lives opportunistically off their past, and expresses no real interest in the present, or future. 
  • Options
    mkay0mkay0 Posts: 45
    3days said:
    What is a legacy act? I've googled it, and legacy band. The answers seem vague and varied. My assumption is that it's a band or performer who lives opportunistically off their past, and expresses no real interest in the present, or future. 
    A band that milks their greatest hits to casual fans rather than endeavor to make more art. It's generally not a complement. 
    06-13-2003 Council Bluffs; 05-16-2006, 05-17-2006 Chicago; 08-05-2007 Lollapalooza; 08-23-2009, 08-24-2009 Chicago; 05-03-2010 Kansas City; 05-04-2010 St. Louis; 09-03-2011, 09-04-2011 PJ20; 07-19-2013 Wrigley; 10-21-13, 10-22-13 Philly; 10-09-2014 Lincoln; 10-17-2014 Moline; 10-19-2014 St. Paul; 08-20-2016, 08-22-2016 Wrigley
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    As fans, if we didn't do such a good job sustaining their business model by purchasing so much merch and streaming their old shows, they'd have more motivation to actually hit the road.  They've definitely earned that but it still sucks as a fan that wishes they still had the passion and desire to try new things outside of their comfort zone. (new cities, venues, live streaming, etc).  Always a fan to the end though.
  • Options
    mkay0mkay0 Posts: 45
    vedpunk said:
    As fans, if we didn't do such a good job sustaining their business model by purchasing so much merch and streaming their old shows, they'd have more motivation to actually hit the road.  They've definitely earned that but it still sucks as a fan that wishes they still had the passion and desire to try new things outside of their comfort zone. (new cities, venues, live streaming, etc).  Always a fan to the end though.
    'They don't need to make towns because we give them too much cash for merch' is really a big assumption here - mainly because it assumes they need money and that is their primary motivator. 
    06-13-2003 Council Bluffs; 05-16-2006, 05-17-2006 Chicago; 08-05-2007 Lollapalooza; 08-23-2009, 08-24-2009 Chicago; 05-03-2010 Kansas City; 05-04-2010 St. Louis; 09-03-2011, 09-04-2011 PJ20; 07-19-2013 Wrigley; 10-21-13, 10-22-13 Philly; 10-09-2014 Lincoln; 10-17-2014 Moline; 10-19-2014 St. Paul; 08-20-2016, 08-22-2016 Wrigley