Options

2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    ComeToTX said:
    I’m fine with them waiting if they want but it’s not unreasonable to give us some sort of update on shows we bought tickets to 18 months ago. Pretty much every other band has rescheduled or updated their fans. Do they have to? Absolutely not. Would it be courteous to people who have supported them for 30 years? Yes. 
    I'm probably in the top 5% of schedule flexibility (no kids, self-employed) and I'm getting frustrated. Can't imagine how it is for people with kids and those who have to put in their vacation days well in advance. There's other shows and friends and family wanting to take vacation, and I've been telling everyone "Yes, but I just have to wait for the Pearl Jam dates."  An update would be appreciated.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,242
    As someone who can't currently cross the border I'm perfectly ok with the dates not being rescheduled until next year.

I don't feel the band is being lazy, PJ is being PJ.  Fully aware that they have fans that travel from everywhere which creates a few more challenges.  Foo Fighters traditionally tour so much, and play the same sets, that you don't really need to travel to see them.  

It does seem to me the US very much hit a point where they're like.. pandemic's over, lets go for it.  Leaving anyone who still feeling cautious behind.   PJ was the first band to cancel because of the pandemic so I expect them to be one of the last back in.

While Foo Fighters might be first, I think there's still a few bands that haven't rescheduled.  Rolling Stones, Tool, etc...  It's not like PJ is the only band not going all in at the first chance?
  • Options
    critteraucritterau Posts: 200
    Zod said:
    As someone who can't currently cross the border I'm perfectly ok with the dates not being rescheduled until next year.

I don't feel the band is being lazy, PJ is being PJ.  Fully aware that they have fans that travel from everywhere which creates a few more challenges.  Foo Fighters traditionally tour so much, and play the same sets, that you don't really need to travel to see them.  

It does seem to me the US very much hit a point where they're like.. pandemic's over, lets go for it.  Leaving anyone who still feeling cautious behind.   PJ was the first band to cancel because of the pandemic so I expect them to be one of the last back in.

While Foo Fighters might be first, I think there's still a few bands that haven't rescheduled.  Rolling Stones, Tool, etc...  It's not like PJ is the only band not going all in at the first chance?
    Rolling Stones have US dates booked for fall. Will be announced within a month. Bruce, Eric Clapton, Eric Church, Garth, Foo and several other large acts playing indoor and outdoor shows this year. PJ may not be the only band waiting, but they are in the minority. 
    Bham 9/3/98
    Atl 8/7/00, Houston 10/14/00
    Bham 4/9/03, Nash 4/18/03, Atl 4/19/03, Boston 7/11/03, Hershey 7/12/03
    Orlando 10/8/04
    Camden 5/27, 5/28/06
    PJ20 9/3 & 9/4/11
    Missoula 9/30/12
    Wrigley 7/19/13
    Charlotte 10/30/13, SD 11/21/13, LA 2 11/24/13
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    Justin Bieber, Lady GaGa, Motley Crew/Def Leopard, Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, Barenaked Ladies all postponed till 2022.

IF Pearl Jam does they are definitely not alone. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,452
    ComeToTX said:
    I’m fine with them waiting if they want but it’s not unreasonable to give us some sort of update on shows we bought tickets to 18 months ago. Pretty much every other band has rescheduled or updated their fans. Do they have to? Absolutely not. Would it be courteous to people who have supported them for 30 years? Yes. 
    I'm probably in the top 5% of schedule flexibility (no kids, self-employed) and I'm getting frustrated. Can't imagine how it is for people with kids and those who have to put in their vacation days well in advance. There's other shows and friends and family wanting to take vacation, and I've been telling everyone "Yes, but I just have to wait for the Pearl Jam dates."  An update would be appreciated.

Check Jeff’s latest quote… he gave the update already.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    Having to read interview snippets to get vague thoughts on future plans isn’t really what we have in mind. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    ComeToTX said:
    Having to read interview snippets to get vague thoughts on future plans isn’t really what we have in mind. 
    But how many other bands announce when they’re not doing a tour? And not vague at all. He was pretty clear.  Just saying. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Do you think they’re not doing a tour? They’ve already rescheduled the Euro dates twice. It’s really not too much to ask to post an update saying they’re working on the postponed US dates and give us some sort of idea when they’ll take place so their fans can plan accordingly. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    27 new messages and zero new rumours………totally gutted 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    D-Rod said:
    For some reason people have the need to relentlessly type the same message over and over and over again.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,249
    uglybabo said:
    Justin Bieber, Lady GaGa, Motley Crew/Def Leopard, Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, Barenaked Ladies all postponed till 2022.

IF Pearl Jam does they are definitely not alone. 
    Rage Against The Machine as well.
    Plenty of acts waiting till 2022.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    But they’re announcing that. Helpful. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,817
    edited June 2021
    D-Rod said:
    Ugh now I am gutted that you are gutted! 

If it was a copy and paste from 2020 I think we would have gotten the dates by now. One would have to guess that both legs are going to roll out at the same time or very close to it. Also looking at how they shuffled around the Euro tour twice, those that had multiple US shows stacked together maybe surprised at the new lineup. I am hoping you guys get something close to the same order. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    Do you think they’re not doing a tour? They’ve already rescheduled the Euro dates twice. It’s really not too much to ask to post an update saying they’re working on the postponed US dates and give us some sort of idea when they’ll take place so their fans can plan accordingly. 
    The plans for the postponed US dates are likely not finalized yet otherwise we would have people on here with leaked info.  It’s pretty much been crickets as far as leaks go.  So with nothing finalized there’s nothing for the band to announce.  It’s like this every tour.  This year is no different. 

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,931
    D-Rod said:
    Haha, +1
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    stanudes said:
    Foo Fighters MSG poster? Cool if so. 
    Kong Part 2
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:

I've read it. He specifically says "arenas," which does not rule out an amphitheater tour.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:
    The plans for the postponed US dates are likely not finalized yet otherwise we would have people on here with leaked info.  It’s pretty much been crickets as far as leaks go.  So with nothing finalized there’s nothing for the band to announce.  It’s like this every tour.  This year is no different. 

Must be new fans as it sounds like they are not used this.  Good ole Pearl Jam.  It is really that simple.  Two band members have basically confirmed that the first order of business is making up the postponed shows and that indoor arena shows are probably not gonna happen this year. That is why I am going to SHN even though I cannot think of anything worse than a ton of New Jersey knuckleheads all gathered in one place  ;)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,909
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:

Must be new fans as it sounds like they are not used this.  Good ole Pearl Jam.  It is really that simple.  Two band members have basically confirmed that the first order of business is making up the postponed shows and that indoor arena shows are probably not gonna happen this year. That is why I am going to SHN even though I cannot think of anything worse than a ton of New Jersey knuckleheads all gathered in one place  ;)
    Is this Governor Murphy talking? ;)

I'm still thinking there must be some shed show between shn and ohana.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:

I've read it. He specifically says "arenas," which does not rule out an amphitheater tour.

They haven’t done a tour like that since like 2003.  I’m thinking that announcement is very unlikely as much as I would love it. 

• Options
    It would make sense to put the proposed Fall 2020 dates with the rescheduled US shows. Think about it….if they add Pittsburgh, Philly, and Boston maybe that’s less people trying to travel to MSG or Philly people travel to Boston, etc. If they add Dallas, that’s less Texas people traveling to OKC. I would do the complete opposite though, I plan on being at almost every show when they’re announced lol
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Jeff’s quote solidly leads me to believe that he would have kiboshed any shows this year if they weren’t already committed to SHN and Ohana. 

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:

Ha!  First order of business is fulfilling the obligations to the postponed shows.  That does not include sheds.  I know they usually play a few shows around fests but it seems like they are going to wait. Hopefully that means more dates for the tour whenever it happens.  
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:

Ha!  First order of business is fulfilling the obligations to the postponed shows.  That does not include sheds.  I know they usually play a few shows around fests but it seems like they are going to wait. Hopefully that means more dates for the tour whenever it happens.  
    Read the Stone quote again. What do you think early winter means? I think it meant Australia but things changed after that interview. 

"Yeah. Pearl Jam will definitely be back. I think we’ll probably be on the road. I mean, my hope is that by- we’ll start playing some shows in the fall or early winter. I don’t know what they’re going to be or when they’re going to be, but that’s my hope. And after that, we’ve got a lot of makeup shows to do. We’ve got a lot of work to do"
  • Options
    https://www.cambridgetimes.ca/news-story/10418136-burn-in-the-u-s-a-canadians-who-got-the-astrazeneca-vaccine-can-t-see-springsteen-on-broadway-/

“The show must go on. But if you got the AstraZeneca vaccine, you’re not invited. 

Canadians who got that shot will not, at least for now, be allowed in seats for “Springsteen on Broadway” the first production since the famous theatres went dark at the start of the pandemic.“

This was a popular shot for gen X in Canada so this may create a problem with vaccinated shows for non Americans. 

• Options
    uglybabo said:
    https://www.cambridgetimes.ca/news-story/10418136-burn-in-the-u-s-a-canadians-who-got-the-astrazeneca-vaccine-can-t-see-springsteen-on-broadway-/

“The show must go on. But if you got the AstraZeneca vaccine, you’re not invited. 

Canadians who got that shot will not, at least for now, be allowed in seats for “Springsteen on Broadway” the first production since the famous theatres went dark at the start of the pandemic.“

This was a popular shot for gen X in Canada so this may create a problem with vaccinated shows for non Americans. 

Wow that is messed up imo if implemented
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Get_Right said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:

Read the Stone quote again. What do you think early winter means? I think it meant Australia but things changed after that interview. 

"Yeah. Pearl Jam will definitely be back. I think we’ll probably be on the road. I mean, my hope is that by- we’ll start playing some shows in the fall or early winter. I don’t know what they’re going to be or when they’re going to be, but that’s my hope. And after that, we’ve got a lot of makeup shows to do. We’ve got a lot of work to do"

Fair.  I did not get that from Jeff's comments.  If they are planning any fall/winter shows there is plenty of time for an announcement. I just do not see it happening but would be glad if it did.
  • Options
    I think we can all agree that if nothing else, just send out an email saying something like “Make sure to grab your tickets to ONE OF TWO PEARL JAM only shows this year”
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 461
    Zod said:
    Tool will be the beginning of next year.
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    I think we can all agree that if nothing else, just send out an email saying something like “Make sure to grab your tickets to ONE OF TWO PEARL JAM only shows this year”
    I think both shows are sold out.