Options

2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    edited June 2021
    Foo Fighters will have played a full arena show In the Northeast before Pearl Jam provides a scheduling update on their tour that has been postponed 15 months ago
    True.  But I’m guessing it’s a combination of the band being cautious and the fact that they want to have a whole year of touring once they get back on the road. A lot of their touring schedule year to year is based on the seasons - like playing Australia in January/February while they’re having summer and then moving to Europe and the US as the weather warms up for us.  I think for logistics they prefer starting fresh in 2022 and following their usual tour pattern for the year. So I’m guessing they’re still working out details for next year and will announce something once it’s finalized. It’s frustrating but I can understand why they’re choosing to do it. 
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    edited June 2021
    on2legs said:
    Foo Fighters will have played a full arena show In the Northeast before Pearl Jam provides a scheduling update on their tour that has been postponed 15 months ago
    True.  But I’m guessing it’s a combination of the band being cautious and the fact that they want to have a whole year of touring once they get back on the road. A lot of their touring schedule year to year is based on the seasons - like playing Australia in January/February while they’re having summer and then moving to Europe and the US as the weather warms up for us.  I think for logistics they prefer starting fresh in 2022 and following their usual tour pattern for the year. So I’m guessing they’re still working out details for next year and will announce something once it’s finalized. It’s frustrating but I can understand why they’re choosing to do it. 
    I get that, and I hate to be the one who looks like he’s just sitting back and complaining about everything

But I think not having an update, especially after a band of similar caliber has played a full show at a venue PJ was scheduled to play, is a valid and fair criticism
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    critteraucritterau Posts: 200
    They can keep 2022 and tour all year. And let's be real, "all year" is wherever they want to vacation in Europe and Australia plus your average run of US shows. They could easily do a few one offs this year. They aren't being cautious, they are choosing not to. Big difference.

I mean at a minimum they could do a 30 year anniversary of Ten run of shows somewhere. Hell, keep it in Seattle. 10 shows for Ten over a month. Helps them, helps the city and we as fans can choose if we want to travel or not. Or drop shows over the weekend play in a few days. Even Bruce Springsteen is playing multiple shows in NYC (indoors). 

The point is, anything can be done at this point. It is ultimately their decision but it is clear they have no desire to play shows or they would have plans for this year. My hope was the extended time off might light a fire under them but I guess not. So glad I saw them as much as I did over the last decade. 

Bham 9/3/98
    Atl 8/7/00, Houston 10/14/00
    Bham 4/9/03, Nash 4/18/03, Atl 4/19/03, Boston 7/11/03, Hershey 7/12/03
    Orlando 10/8/04
    Camden 5/27, 5/28/06
    PJ20 9/3 & 9/4/11
    Missoula 9/30/12
    Wrigley 7/19/13
    Charlotte 10/30/13, SD 11/21/13, LA 2 11/24/13
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    uglybabo said:
    All indoor arenas in the south in september

Eric Clapton 2021 North American Tour Dates

September 13th – Fort Worth, TX @ Dickies Arena
    September 15th – Austin, TX @ Frank Erwin Center
    September 17th – Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
    September 18th – New Orleans, LA @ Smoothie King Center
    September 21st – Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
    September 23rd – Atlanta, GA @ Gas South Arena
    September 25th – Tampa, FL @ Amalie Arena
    September 26th – Hollywood, FL @ Seminole Hard Rock

I know concerts are returning down south, but Clapton is an anti mask, anti vaccine, COVID denier so using him as an example doesn’t mean much. 
    he got the vaccine. and he's convinced it caused him to lose the ability to use his hands. 

yadda yadda yadda....purchase tickets at your own peril.....
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    critterau said:
    They can keep 2022 and tour all year. And let's be real, "all year" is wherever they want to vacation in Europe and Australia plus your average run of US shows. They could easily do a few one offs this year. They aren't being cautious, they are choosing not to. Big difference.

I mean at a minimum they could do a 30 year anniversary of Ten run of shows somewhere. Hell, keep it in Seattle. 10 shows for Ten over a month. Helps them, helps the city and we as fans can choose if we want to travel or not. Or drop shows over the weekend play in a few days. Even Bruce Springsteen is playing multiple shows in NYC (indoors). 

The point is, anything can be done at this point. It is ultimately their decision but it is clear they have no desire to play shows or they would have plans for this year. My hope was the extended time off might light a fire under them but I guess not. So glad I saw them as much as I did over the last decade. 

They most certainly are being cautious.  Did you see what Jeff said in a recent interview with Variety?

"I don’t think there’s any way we’re going into arenas before the end of the year. I think we’ll wait to see how everything shakes out. We have so many fans that travel, and that’s the thing that freaks me out the most. You see how bad things are with COVID in South America right now and you think about 50 people getting on planes and coming to one of the upcoming shows. I would guess that a good portion of our fans are vaccinated, but some may not be, and some may be immune-compromised. The last thing we want to do is be a part of anybody getting really sick or dying. We’re going to take our time. It feels like playing Ohana and Sea.Hear.Now is a perfect way to get our feet wet."

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    critterau said:
    uglybabo said:
    All indoor arenas in the south in september

Eric Clapton 2021 North American Tour Dates

September 13th – Fort Worth, TX @ Dickies Arena
    September 15th – Austin, TX @ Frank Erwin Center
    September 17th – Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
    September 18th – New Orleans, LA @ Smoothie King Center
    September 21st – Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
    September 23rd – Atlanta, GA @ Gas South Arena
    September 25th – Tampa, FL @ Amalie Arena
    September 26th – Hollywood, FL @ Seminole Hard Rock

I know concerts are returning down south, but Clapton is an anti mask, anti vaccine, COVID denier so using him as an example doesn’t mean much. 
    The foo fighters are playing a full capacity MSG this Sunday. Get out with the “down south” crap. There is nowhere in the US you won’t be able to play within a few months. Even California is 100% capacity for football this fall. 
    I’m Canadian so by down south I meant US. 

We still have zero sports teams and no indoor eating at restaurants or bars and our schools are closed. A lot of current tours cancelled their Canadian dates entirely. (Alanis, Greenday, GNR)

Maybe 2022 will make it easier to reschedule all the dates without worrying about travel. I mean the band has to travel to another country  for 4 of the dates and the border is still not open. 

I mean by Fall this will probably not be a concern as cases are falling here. But as of now the band is playing 2 open air concerts in two of the most vaccinated states. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of these larger tours cancel a few dates here or there. What if the stage crew has a COVID outbreak?

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    critterau said:

I'm sure they are doing it just to piss you off.  
  • Options
    biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    HughFreakingDillon said: he got the vaccine. and he's convinced it caused him to lose the ability to use his hands. 

So is Clapton saying he will just do vocals on that tour? That would be a bummer.

On another note, I saw The Headstones are going across the country in November. They changed the Montreal date from a venue with seats to a venue that's all GA (I'm an old man who prefers seats).
  • Options
    biz999 said:
    HughFreakingDillon said: he got the vaccine. and he's convinced it caused him to lose the ability to use his hands. 

So is Clapton saying he will just do vocals on that tour? That would be a bummer.

On another note, I saw The Headstones are going across the country in November. They changed the Montreal date from a venue with seats to a venue that's all GA (I'm an old man who prefers seats).
    I think he claims his condition was temporary. and oh yeah, he had this condition before he got the vaccine. but he's just now claiming it's because of the vaccine. he's a dope. 

yes, this tour (Saints and Sinners tour) with Tea Party, Sloan, and Moist was first supposed to be summer of 2020, then rescheduled to Winter 2021, now Fall 2021, and Sloan had to replace Big Wreck, who was originally part of the lineup, but now they have a scheduling conflict. we'll see if it still goes ahead. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    edited June 2021
    I'd love for PJ to do vaxxed only shows....

Foo Fighters held a show for vaccinated fans only. Anti-vaxxers including former child star Ricky Schroder protested outside..

https://www.yahoo.com/news/foo-fighters-held-show-vaccinated-060135264.html
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    With all due respect to EC and the Foos, I think PJ has a bigger international/traveling audience. I don't blame PJ for wanting the dust to settle, even if it means waiting to announce postponed show dates.
  • Options

Foo Fighters held a show for vaccinated fans only. Anti-vaxxers including former child star Ricky Schroder protested outside..

"Dave Grohl is an ignorant punk who needs slapped for supporting Discrimination," Schroder wrote in a Facebook post on Sunday, referring to the Foo Fighters front man. "Ignorance comes in all shapes & sizes. Kurt Cobain is laughing at you Dave along with Millions of Patriots....Fool."

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. 

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

"Dave Grohl is an ignorant punk who needs slapped for supporting Discrimination," Schroder wrote in a Facebook post on Sunday, referring to the Foo Fighters front man. "Ignorance comes in all shapes & sizes. Kurt Cobain is laughing at you Dave along with Millions of Patriots....Fool."

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. 

LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Twenty One Pilots announced a fall tour of 5 cities where they play 3-4 nights in each city, starting with a small venue and working their way up to the arena

Can't wait for PJ any more, just entered for Twenty One Pilots October shows tickets, hope I can snag some
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Yeah I've planned my shows for 2021 as well and sadly it doesn't include either of the two PJ festivals.  I'm resigning to the fact that I'll see them next Spring with the tickets I'm holding.  Just couldn't put all live music on hold while I wait for something that likely won't happen (PJ announce additional 2021 shows).  All good though.  I plan on having a great time seeing other bands.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    mfc2006 said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. 

LOL
    That is one angry former child star. 
  • Options
    critterau said:

Not pissed off at all. Sad, yes but only because I love the band and wish they wanted to play more. But they've earned the right to do what they want. My only point was, they could play this year if they wanted to. 
    Bham 9/3/98
    Orlando 10/8/04
    Camden 5/27, 5/28/06
    PJ20 9/3 & 9/4/11
    Missoula 9/30/12
    Wrigley 7/19/13
  • Options
    critterau said:
    critterau said:

Not pissed off at all. Sad, yes but only because I love the band and wish they wanted to play more. But they've earned the right to do what they want. My only point was, they could play this year if they wanted to
    the band disagrees. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    do they?  they're playing 2 shows.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,217
    They are playing this year.  At least two shows.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    two outdoor shows. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Yes. Two outdoor short set festival shows. All the comments on here are about what they can't do and they are being cautious, blah blah. No they aren't being cautious (hence playing two shows). They are doing what they want. Which is fine. Is it bad that I want them to play a few shows on their 30 year anniversary other than a few festivals? Because there is zero reason they can't. The Stone are about to drop fall US shows. I am pretty sure their fans travel. 
    Bham 9/3/98
    Orlando 10/8/04
    Camden 5/27, 5/28/06
    PJ20 9/3 & 9/4/11
    Missoula 9/30/12
    Wrigley 7/19/13
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. 

LOL
    Someone bent his Silver Spoon. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    critterau said:
    Yes. Two outdoor short set festival shows. All the comments on here are about what they can't do and they are being cautious, blah blah. No they aren't being cautious (hence playing two shows). They are doing what they want. Which is fine. Is it bad that I want them to play a few shows on their 30 year anniversary other than a few festivals? Because there is zero reason they can't. The Stone are about to drop fall US shows. I am pretty sure their fans travel. 
    I think the issue is that they are not doing what YOU want.  We all want shows sooner rather than later, but you’re just going to need some patience. 

• Options
    critterau said:
    you are ignoring the thing that Jeff said about this, and has been posted here. it is abundantly clear that they feel they are being cautious, hence only the two outdoor shows. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. 

LOL
    Someone bent his Silver Spoon. 
    Good one! 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    critterau said:
    you are ignoring the thing that Jeff said about this, and has been posted here. it is abundantly clear that they feel they are being cautious, hence only the two outdoor shows. 
    Yup. A lot of people are ignoring this, it seems. It's up to them, not us. I'd be perfectly fine waiting until next year if we weren't going to Ohana. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    I’m fine with them waiting if they want but it’s not unreasonable to give us some sort of update on shows we bought tickets to 18 months ago. Pretty much every other band has rescheduled or updated their fans. Do they have to? Absolutely not. Would it be courteous to people who have supported them for 30 years? Yes. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 737
    ComeToTX said:
    I’m fine with them waiting if they want but it’s not unreasonable to give us some sort of update on shows we bought tickets to 18 months ago. Pretty much every other band has rescheduled or updated their fans. Do they have to? Absolutely not. Would it be courteous to people who have supported them for 30 years? Yes. 
    Agreed. Especially with lots of people who laid out cash for shows last year and still no refund
  • Options
    JR86440 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Agreed. Especially with lots of people who laid out cash for shows last year and still no refund
    Refunds have already been offered.