Options

2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,541
    Why be a real band at all when the can just put limited edition anything in the shop and it will sell out immediately. If they want to raise a little money for a charity here and there, that's all they have to do. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,217
    20 new postings and not a single rumor! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 825
    edited June 2021
    mkay0 said:
    vedpunk said:
    As fans, if we didn't do such a good job sustaining their business model by purchasing so much merch and streaming their old shows, they'd have more motivation to actually hit the road.  They've definitely earned that but it still sucks as a fan that wishes they still had the passion and desire to try new things outside of their comfort zone. (new cities, venues, live streaming, etc).  Always a fan to the end though.
    'They don't need to make towns because we give them too much cash for merch' is really a big assumption here - mainly because it assumes they need money and that is their primary motivator. 
    Even though Pearl Jam produces art, they are a business with many employees. 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    If there was a member of FF that didn't want to tour that member would be replaced.  They've had plenty of guys go in and out.  If PJ has a member that doesn't want to tour one year then there won't be a tour that year.  Huge difference.

I'd also never want to see Eddie driving a truck in a Dodge commercial.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,181
    Pearl Jam is washed up and over, time to retire, they don’t care anymore… same old conversation for the past 25 years.

Go see Foos twice and let me know how you feel. Not knocking them but it’s not 1:1. Plug and play is easier.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,802
    20 new postings and not a single rumor! 
    Are you gutted, extremely gutted or F5 gutted ? 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Pearl Jam is washed up and over, time to retire, they don’t care anymore… same old conversation for the past 25 years.

Go see Foos twice and let me know how you feel. Not knocking them but it’s not 1:1. Plug and play is easier.
    Not saying this at all, in fact quite the opposite.

They are still so god damned excellent live, which is what makes it so frustrating to see years of them in their older prime going to waste.  Every band eventually becomes a legacy act, that’s inevitable, and they’re far from it, but I want to enjoy them in their current form as much as we can.

Ive also said before a Foo fighters concert doesn’t even compare to a Pearl Jam concert, but…

One of them played a sold out MSG last night and is going on Tour in a few weeks

The other is advertising on Instagram for a video stream of an old show and selling Tshirts and posters for it while their dedicated fans enter their 16th month of waiting for a tour update

That’s the difference 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359

They are still so god damned excellent live, which is what makes it so frustrating to see years of them in their older prime going to waste.  Every band eventually becomes a legacy act, that’s inevitable, and they’re far from it, but I want to enjoy them in their current form as much as we can.

Ive also said before a Foo fighters concert doesn’t even compare to a Pearl Jam concert, but…

One of them played a sold out MSG last night and is going on Tour in a few weeks

The other is advertising on Instagram for a video stream of an old show and selling Tshirts and posters for it while their dedicated fans enter their 16th month of waiting for a tour update

That’s the difference 
    One of them saw 9 people get crushed to death right in front of them, and will be overly cautious because safety is their number 1 priority.

The other played the Garden last night.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    RP112579 said:

That’s the difference 
    One of them saw 9 people get crushed to death right in front of them, and will be overly cautious because safety is their number 1 priority.

Comparing that tragedy to going to a post covid vaccinated concert is a weak argument.  Our leaders, scientists and doctors have agreed that it safe for vaccinated people to gather.  There was absolutely nothing unsafe about last night.
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    RP112579 said:

That’s the difference 

This is a weak argument.  Our leaders, scientists and doctors have agreed that it safe for vaccinated people to gather.  There was absolutely nothing unsafe about last night.
    That's great, and I have no issue with Foo Fighters playing last night... You're just failing to grasp why they do things differently. Jeff said it himself. They are going to hang back and wait to see how all of this goes with other bands. 6/30/2000 is why. It has nothing to do with scientists, leaders or doctors. If you're mad they aren't moving at your pace, then that's on you. You don't have to live with 6/30/2000 either. 
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    RP112579 said:
    RP112579 said:

That’s the difference 

This is a weak argument.  Our leaders, scientists and doctors have agreed that it safe for vaccinated people to gather.  There was absolutely nothing unsafe about last night.
    That's great, and I have no issue with Foo Fighters playing last night... You're just failing to grasp why they do things differently. Jeff said it himself. They are going to hang back and wait to see how all of this goes with other bands. 6/30/2000 is why. It has nothing to do with scientists, leaders or doctors. If you're mad they aren't moving at your pace, then that's on you. You don't have to live with 6/30/2000 either. 
    Alright, fair enough
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    I think the Pearl Jam Nugs bootleg list is trying to tell me something...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    ComeToTX said:
    If there was a member of FF that didn't want to tour that member would be replaced.  They've had plenty of guys go in and out.  If PJ has a member that doesn't want to tour one year then there won't be a tour that year.  Huge difference.

Ummmmm what?!? Foo’s have had the same band since about 2002 and that’s when they added Chris on Guitar, and before that it was the same since 1997. So this is a bad comparison. 
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    I do not want to derail this thread more than it already is
    This thread never even left the station.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,217
    I would just add, whatever they are doing or not doing this fall, for whatever reason, could they please let us know ASAP so we can make our other plans accordingly.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    This has to be HellaMega Tour or Rolling Stones, right?  Ballpark shows coming this week to Cleveland and Detroit 

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    This has to be HellaMega Tour or Rolling Stones, right?  Ballpark shows coming this week to Cleveland and Detroit 

Won't be Hella Mega for Detroit. Just looked, and Comerica Park is already on the books.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,937

Won't be Hella Mega for Detroit. Just looked, and Comerica Park is already on the books.
    Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta posted the same teaser. Im guessing Rolling Stones announcement from postponed tour. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    JM144705 said:
    ComeToTX said:

Ummmmm what?!? Foo’s have had the same band since about 2002 and that’s when they added Chris on Guitar, and before that it was the same since 1997. So this is a bad comparison. 
    You think the power structure in FF is the same as PJ? Seems to me they basically work for Dave. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Cleveland and Detroit are Elton John
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    Gotta respect this guy for still touring. Saw him a couple of years ago with my mom in Quebec. Amazing show. 

• Options
    Foo Fighters playing LA Forum in July
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,937
    Atlanta too. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I do not want to derail this thread more than it already is but the Foo Fighters are much more of a band than Pearl Jam is at this point. They seem to hang out with each other, are constantly recording. Hell, they are doing a Bee Gees cover EP. As much as it pains me as a super fan, Pearl Jam are a legacy act at this point. They do not want to play shows for whatever reasons and are far from an active band. I think the fire in Ed's belly is gone. I only single out Ed cause the rest of the band seem to be pumping out side projects all the time. Maybe once his children are in college he may be willing to tour more. Who knows.
    the biggest difference between these two bands, in my opinion, is the driving force to be active. with the Foo, it's Dave, with PJ, it's everyone BUT Ed (it seems). If Dave says it's time to go, it's time to go. The rest of PJ simply cannot force their lead singer to be active. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Tickets on sale this Friday, watch emails for PreSale info and codes 

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,340
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    RP112579 said:
    RP112579 said:

That’s the difference 

I think the not touring has absolutely nothing to do with the tragedy in 2000. They are playing 2 festivals this year. They are not adding more shows for reasons we will not know. I also think saying your fans travel is a lame excuse. I think with only 2 shows on the books is gonna cause more fans to travel this year.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    JM144705 said:
    ComeToTX said:

You think the power structure in FF is the same as PJ? Seems to me they basically work for Dave. 

Do you honestly believe Pearl jam isn't Ed's band at this point? I do believe that if Jeff wants to tour he has more input than Nate Mendel from the Foo Fighters but it still boils down to what Ed wants to do.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    it's not ed's band. creatively it was in the 90's but not so much now. but it is VERY clear that FF is dave's band. they've all stated that publicly. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787
    Comparisons are so dumb. Two different bands. Pj hasn’t been a very active band for a long time now. Merch? Yes. Very active. Concerts, music? Not so much.

But I’m curious if PJ got the call to open the garden instead of FF, would they have accepted?