2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Well… Foo Fighters had zero trouble selling out MSG today

the demand is as high as ever 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PJNB said:
    I don't think test positivity is going to matter when they decide to tour. they will be one of the bands to require vaxx proof and it won't even happen until the test positivity is so low it's not even on the news anymore. 
    I do not see there being any chance at needing vaxx proof next March for a Pearl Jam show.
    Why not? this thing ain't going away any time soon. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    PJNB said:
    I don't think test positivity is going to matter when they decide to tour. they will be one of the bands to require vaxx proof and it won't even happen until the test positivity is so low it's not even on the news anymore. 
    I do not see there being any chance at needing vaxx proof next March for a Pearl Jam show.
    Seems like artists/performers follow venue guidelines/protocols. And venues follow state/municipality guidelines/protocols. I’m not aware of all states, but seems like New York is the only one? to require vax proof or negative test. To compare anyway - here in Mass, which hasn’t been one of the most restrictive states all along - nothing like that at venues, large and small. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    DM282158 said:
    PJNB said:
    Seems like artists/performers follow venue guidelines/protocols. And venues follow state/municipality guidelines/protocols. I’m not aware of all states, but seems like New York is the only one? to require vax proof or negative test. To compare anyway - here in Mass, which hasn’t been one of the most restrictive states all along - nothing like that at venues, large and small. 
    True, but artists as big as PJ can also have a big influence on decisions like these. and they were one of the first bands to cancel. so they'll be the most restrictive and/or the last to get back out there into closed sheds. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    edited June 2021
    DM282158 said:
    PJNB said:
    True, but artists as big as PJ can also have a big influence on decisions like these. and they were one of the first bands to cancel. so they'll be the most restrictive and/or the last to get back out there into closed sheds. 
    We are roughly 300 days until March. The only scenarios I see happening are no shows or no vaccination needed at that point. No shows means shit hit the fan again. No vaxx needed means we have controlled the virus enough to be back to normal. Vaccinations needed for shows this summer makes sense to me. Also by March next year we will be running into the issue of boosters and what is needed and when it is needed complicating things even further. I obviously have no idea where we will be in March I just do not see it happening myself. 
  • Options
    pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 586
    I have a hotel booked for all of March. 
    This is why PJ can’t announce any non-definite plans 😂 or leak a single morsel of info.

Isnt the hotel going to think you’re a long term stay with a 30-day booking? Or did you split among a few hotels?
    Weekly bookings!

im joking. But im sure some nut here has done it. 
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 615
    PJNB said:
    DM282158 said:
    PJNB said:
    We are roughly 300 days until March. The only scenarios I see happening are no shows or no vaccination needed at that point. No shows means shit hit the fan again. No vaxx needed means we have controlled the virus enough to be back to normal. Vaccinations needed for shows this summer makes sense to me. Also by March next year we will be running into the issue of boosters and what is needed and when it is needed complicating things even further. I obviously have no idea where we will be in March I just do not see it happening myself. 
    Agree 100% and I'm cool waiting it out. If we can't attend shows in a normal manner by the spring of 2022 something went seriously wrong. Which at this point wouldn't be a shock after what we've been through. Still don't see that being the likely outcome though. I'm as frustrated as anyone being fully vaccinated for two months and ready to return to normal. But there are a lot of factors that would prevent the band from wanting to travel the US anytime in 2021. This virus is going to linger, likely forever since vax rates will never eclipse 70% and natural infection is slowing dramatically. But even here in CA we are being given the rights to make our own decision as the state fully opens next week. I've said it before, it comes down to personal accountability. I don't belittle every smoker I see, people should be able to make their own decisions. Just look at the average Americans diet. Should we stop selling alcohol at venues going forward? Fans are more likely to die via DUI after a show than to contract and die from COVID. Requiring vaccination to attend events is a poor look unless forced to by city/state rules. The Foo Fighters got a lot of press today because of the MSG show and requiring vaxx. It was literally on every major news outlet this morning. I don't think PJ wants to get involved in this fight. Especially say a guy like Jeff who would probably rather be hiking than traveling around the US trying to determine what the crowd they are playing to on any given night is or is not allowed to do. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    PJNB said:
    DM282158 said:
    PJNB said:
    Agree 100% and I'm cool waiting it out. If we can't attend shows in a normal manner by the spring of 2022 something went seriously wrong. Which at this point wouldn't be a shock after what we've been through. Still don't see that being the likely outcome though. I'm as frustrated as anyone being fully vaccinated for two months and ready to return to normal. But there are a lot of factors that would prevent the band from wanting to travel the US anytime in 2021. This virus is going to linger, likely forever since vax rates will never eclipse 70% and natural infection is slowing dramatically. But even here in CA we are being given the rights to make our own decision as the state fully opens next week. I've said it before, it comes down to personal accountability. I don't belittle every smoker I see, people should be able to make their own decisions. Just look at the average Americans diet. Should we stop selling alcohol at venues going forward? Fans are more likely to die via DUI after a show than to contract and die from COVID. Requiring vaccination to attend events is a poor look unless forced to by city/state rules. The Foo Fighters got a lot of press today because of the MSG show and requiring vaxx. It was literally on every major news outlet this morning. I don't think PJ wants to get involved in this fight. Especially say a guy like Jeff who would probably rather be hiking than traveling around the US trying to determine what the crowd they are playing to on any given night is or is not allowed to do. 

Spring 2022 may be the target date for a “normal” indoor tour. International travel before then is risky, as opening of borders before then could be shut with no warning. UK cases have tripled in the past few weeks with the delta strain while UK vaccine  rates are excellent- well above those in the conservative US states, almost all of which are under 50% for one dose. Hospitalizations are up in five conservative states right now. With covid, It’s not the death of concert goers, it’s a chain that’s created at an event that could lead to dangerous conditions for older folks and possibly younger ones if the delta progresses. A DUI happens because a drinker can’t control themselves and that next drink is coming no matter what, not because a band brings hundreds of thousands of fans together from around the country in an indoor arena for four hours. Alot of states are doing fantastically well with the vax, but to do an arena tour they would likely need to venture throughout the US into unfortunately uncomfortable covid territory.  IMO the two festivals could be supplemented by 5-10 outdoor late summer / early fall US dates. This is optimistic and I hope it happens . Let’s see how the low vaccine states do as their peak indoor summer season progresses. And hopefully enough people in the US and worldwide get the vaccine, this disaster is really behind us and the cautious bands start touring again in 2022. PJ determined their own health guidelines before cities and states at the beginning of this mess, not sure why they would change that now
  • Options
    Still must be fun to be a Foo Fighters fan…

2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,181
    I have a hotel booked for all of March. 
    This is why PJ can’t announce any non-definite plans 😂 or leak a single morsel of info.

Isnt the hotel going to think you’re a long term stay with a 30-day booking? Or did you split among a few hotels?
    Weekly bookings!

im joking. But im sure some nut here has done it. 
    😂 I 100% believed you
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787

Yea. Not sure what PJ is waiting for. They can easily make it a fully vaccinated only tour. Everything is back to full capacity in most states. Maybe they’re just enjoying all the extra time off. If they were that anxious to get back out, they could. Not really understanding the “a lot of fans travel”
    talk. They could still sell out any major city arena without the travelers. 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    nicknyr15 said:

Yea. Not sure what PJ is waiting for. They can easily make it a fully vaccinated only tour. Everything is back to full capacity in most states. Maybe they’re just enjoying all the extra time off. If they were that anxious to get back out, they could. Not really understanding the “a lot of fans travel”
    Except many tickets for their postponed tour have already been sold: PJ is not starting from scratch.  And their organization already knows how many fan club fans from out of town have secured tickets for those shows.  It’s not the same as the foo fighters scheduling a new show.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787
    pjhawks said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Except many tickets for their postponed tour have already been sold: PJ is not starting from scratch.  And their organization already knows how many fan club fans from out of town have secured tickets for those shows.  It’s not the same as the foo fighters scheduling a new show.
    I’m not talking about the postponed shows. Schedule some new shows. Every other band is. My point of view is it’s no longer Covid, it’s that they’re just comfortable and in no rush to get back out. Nothing wrong with that, but as a fan it sucks. I love Pearl Jam, always will no matter what, but it just seems they become less fan friendly as the years go by. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjhawks said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I’m not talking about the postponed shows. Schedule some new shows. Every other band is. My point of view is it’s no longer Covid, it’s that they’re just comfortable and in no rush to get back out. Nothing wrong with that, but as a fan it sucks. I love Pearl Jam, always will no matter what, but it just seems they become less fan friendly as the years go by. 
    It’ll be the postponed shows in March, Europe in the summer.  Fall 2022 will be Philly, Hartford, New York, the few main Ballparks and 1-2 lucky “new” cities that haven’t been hit in 15 years.

2023 will be an off year with a festival sprinkled in here and there followed by an AUS/NZ winter tour somewhere 

And then repeat the above in 2024

its so predictable lately.  We had PJ20 in 2011 and Wrigley in 2013, but there really hasn’t been a “destination” show since then
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjhawks said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I don’t think this is the type of band that will pass over fans that have already paid for shows to do an arena tour before those originally scheduled shows are completed.  It’s just not in their nature to do that. They may play a show or two like the festivals but no way they would schedule many dates before the previously once are played in this country. I really don’t think this band is making selfish decisions.  They are making decisions collectively for themselves, the people who work for them and the fans.  I think it’s great they make these types of decisions with their fans in mind. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjhawks said:
    nicknyr15 said:

It’ll be the postponed shows in March, Europe in the summer.  Fall 2022 will be Philly, Hartford, New York, the few main Ballparks and 1-2 lucky “new” cities that haven’t been hit in 15 years.

2023 will be an off year with a festival sprinkled in here and there followed by an AUS/NZ winter tour somewhere 

And then repeat the above in 2024

its so predictable lately.  We had PJ20 in 2011 and Wrigley in 2013, but there really hasn’t been a “destination” show since then
    Seattle 2018 was a destination show. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Lol, I’m holding 5 US shows and 6 Europe rescheduled shows and I DON’T CARE IF THEY DO NEW SHOWS FIRST!! Why would they be selfish to do this? You should all WANT more shows. Play outside in the south and mid west, generate revenue, create excitement. If they don’t because they want everything to be 100% safe, that shouldn’t surprise you if you know the band. No way they’re just comfortable not playing, they make money doing something they love...except maybe Jeff lol
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    While I would love them to play the arena show I have tickets for in the Fall, I just don’t see it happening until the Spring. If they want to play some outdoor venues this Fall, it would not offend me, as long as they were close enough to me that I could attend. 😉
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    I also have tix to numerous US and Euro shows, and also would like them to add some outdoor shows this fall.  Would be nice if they announced rescheduled arena dates at the same time as a yes/no on fall shows, so folks can make plans.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    Lol, I’m holding 5 US shows and 6 Europe rescheduled shows and I DON’T CARE IF THEY DO NEW SHOWS FIRST!! Why would they be selfish to do this? You should all WANT more shows. Play outside in the south and mid west, generate revenue, create excitement. If they don’t because they want everything to be 100% safe, that shouldn’t surprise you if you know the band. No way they’re just comfortable not playing, they make money doing something they love...except maybe Jeff lol
    This… being upset they play anything before make up shows is ridiculously selfish 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    The more shows the better.  Who cares if they play before the postponed March 2020 shows.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    mcgruff10 said:
    The more shows the better.  Who cares if they play before the postponed March 2020 shows.  
    As a fan the more shows the better. 

My hope would be they at least announce the rescheduled dates before any new shows. Seeing new dates and deciding whether or not to buy tickets when already purchased shows are still TBA wouldn’t be fair. 
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    uglybabo said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    As a fan the more shows the better. 

My hope would be they at least announce the rescheduled dates before any new shows. Seeing new dates and deciding whether or not to buy tickets when already purchased shows are still TBA wouldn’t be fair. 
    Good point.  This would be ideal 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,217
    We basically know the March 2020 shows are March 2022 and Euro 2020 is officially announced as Euro 2022.  So we know enough to make intelligent decisions if new outdoor shows for 2021 are announced - which - I would support whole heartedly despite having a stack of arena tickets gathering dust.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 586
    edited June 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjhawks said:
    nicknyr15 said:

You got factual evidence of this or just your [name calling removed] opinion being thrown into the ring?
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    More shows is always the best option. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    I’m trying not to wade into this thread too much (it seems obvious to me that, other than these two festival dates that they felt like they couldn’t back out of, the plan is for Pearl Jam to do in 2022 basically what they were fixing to do in 2020 - we’re all entitled to our opinions about what they “should” do, but when you get right down to it we all, as fans, want (1j more Pearl Jam shows, especially where we live and (2) maximum visibility into future plans; how you choose to live with and express those preferences is pretty much a matter of personal taste).

But I’ll say this: I saw a live show (Strokes @ Irving Plaza) last night for the first time in over a year, and god damn it felt good. I wish it for all of you as soon as safe & practicable. 
  • Options
    RiotAct41RiotAct41 Posts: 17
    Agree.  That’s a weird reason to not schedule or announce anything. “Oh people who have been holding tickets for a year and a half might get mad at us because their shows won’t be the first batch anymore!!!”
  • Options
    We basically know the March 2020 shows are March 2022 and Euro 2020 is officially announced as Euro 2022.  So we know enough to make intelligent decisions if new outdoor shows for 2021 are announced - which - I would support whole heartedly despite having a stack of arena tickets gathering dust.  
    how do we basically know March 2020 will be March 2022? that would be amazing if so. I have to rebook my cancelled flight to Ottawa by end of this year or it's lost. when did the announcement happen in 2019? anyone remember?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    how do we basically know March 2020 will be March 2022? that would be amazing if so. I have to rebook my cancelled flight to Ottawa by end of this year or it's lost. when did the announcement happen in 2019? anyone remember?
    North America was January 13, 2020. Europe was 12/2/19. I think there were the actual/confirmed rumors about 2 weeks prior.