Options

2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,277
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Boston Calling teasing an announcement for Wednesday.
    Didn't they already cancel the 2021 festival?
    Yes, but...

https://mobile.twitter.com/bostoncalling/status/1396828492315119617
    Before they canceled I speculated they might try to move from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend, though that might be tougher with Harvard in session, so I think its more likely just announcing one or more of next year's headliners.

I am assuming Rage still plays as their rescheduled 2022 tour's first leg end on May 23, which times out perfectly for Boston Calling to be tacked on a few days later.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Boston Calling teasing an announcement for Wednesday.
    Didn't they already cancel the 2021 festival?
    Yes, but...

https://mobile.twitter.com/bostoncalling/status/1396828492315119617
    Before they canceled I speculated they might try to move from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend, though that might be tougher with Harvard in session, so I think its more likely just announcing one or more of next year's headliners.

I am assuming Rage still plays as their rescheduled 2022 tour's first leg end on May 23, which times out perfectly for Boston Calling to be tacked on a few days later.
    If they can still manage to get Frusciante on that stage, I'll be at that date.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,944
    edited May 2021
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,489
    PJNB said:
    Extremely positive!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    edited May 2021
    demetrios said:
    A year ago I would of said that was possible a year later. A month ago I would of thought no chance this soon. Its unbelievable how things have flipped. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,973
    edited May 2021
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,277
    So they want our cash a year in advance.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,640
    I feel like we have to get some sort of update in the next few weeks right?  Even just a “we’re working to reschedule shows for Fall 2021/Spring 2022 whatever it is”

With all the shows being announced at such a rapid pace for this fall, hopefully we’re not left in the dark too much longer
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    Can’t see Pearl Jam at Boston Calling, it’s like 2 weeks before Europe. 

If this fall is out, then would they reschedule in March/April of 2022?
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,865
    I feel like we have to get some sort of update in the next few weeks right?  Even just a “we’re working to reschedule shows for Fall 2021/Spring 2022 whatever it is”

With all the shows being announced at such a rapid pace for this fall, hopefully we’re not left in the dark too much longer
    I hear ya. My time and money for live music are quickly being allocated to other shows.
  • Options
    uglybabo said:

Honestly I think anything Nov 21-Apr 22 is probably on the table for this band for the reschedules. Winter weather plays a factor for sure but look at the 2013 tour for an example of a leg happening later in the year. Leg 2 had 12 shows and started Nov 13th and was announced in July. Different times for sure but as of right now all we can safely say arena wise early fall is probably out of the question. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    uglybabo said:

Honestly I think anything Nov 21-Apr 22 is probably on the table for this band for the reschedules. Winter weather plays a factor for sure but look at the 2013 tour for an example of a leg happening later in the year. Leg 2 had 12 shows and started Nov 13th and was announced in July. Different times for sure but as of right now all we can safely say arena wise early fall is probably out of the question. 
    Yeah, convenience wise MSG and Baltimore could be around SHN and LA and San Diego could be around Ohana, but maybe the band is hesitant to indoors to start. 

I would think the Canadian dates are out for September. 

Maybe some TV appearances in September? Colbert is allowing full audiences in a few weeks. 

I saw in another thread a possibility of the Apollo show being rescheduled. Maybe they can use September for the promo period - hey we have a ‘new’ album and here’s our upcoming tour.  
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,305
    uglybabo said:

Does this forum have something against January/February or does the band flat out not play these months anymore? They used to have Nov-Feb shows in the past.  Just curious.  If they can't do fall.  We are on to winter.  Especially the west coast/southern states.  No need to dilly dally until spring!
  • Options
    DC40485DC40485 Posts: 19
    edited May 2021
    I'm betting they play SHN and Ohana to knock the dust off. Both festivals so they don't have to take on the heavy lifting of putting on their own show in Covid. Then do the tour almost as planned in 2019 but starting in March 2022 in North America going through Europe.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,362

It’s also tricky to finalize 2021 vacation dates not knowing if there’s a need to save some for October.

My guess is they’re waiting for NJ to officially bless SHN before reconfirming it, and as it hasn’t sold out, they’re probably going to want that sellout before spilling the rest of the beans.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    uglybabo said:

Does this forum have something against January/February or does the band flat out not play these months anymore? They used to have Nov-Feb shows in the past.  Just curious.  If they can't do fall.  We are on to winter.  Especially the west coast/southern states.  No need to dilly dally until spring!
    I would think it would be Australia or New Zealand in January or February. When’s the last time they toured North America in the winter?
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,829
    uglybabo said:
    uglybabo said:

I would think it would be Australia or New Zealand in January or February. When’s the last time they toured North America in the winter?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    uglybabo said:
    uglybabo said:

2013.   I recall seeing them play both Vancouver and Seattle in December of 2013.   While I realize that's technically late fall, I consider that winter here :)
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Whatever the plans are, we will be the last to know.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Zod said:
    uglybabo said:
    uglybabo said:

2013.   I recall seeing them play both Vancouver and Seattle in December of 2013.   While I realize that's technically late fall, I consider that winter here :)
    Calgary 2013 would agree that its winter lol. Still wish I would have made that show but lucky we did not book it. We would of flew in the day of the show and no way we would have made it. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,549
    If it is going to be the Spring, I hope they announce the dates in the next couple of months. In the Fall, my wife is scheduling a student council trip for Chicago in the Spring and will need to start the logistics of booking that trip. We will both be going on the trip as chaperones, so I am needing to convince her to schedule around any potential PJ dates. We have tickets for STL, and I am going to try to pick up Nashville. 
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    I’m starting to just shake my head every time another tour announcement comes out or a festival is scheduled.  Not trying to be a dick, but what is PJ’s hold up? I mean outdoor amphitheater’s are all over the country and they really are late to the game behind all these other acts.  The stones I don’t think have made any moves either, and they had postponed their tour due to COVID...  who knows, but it’s really a bit crazy now that they aren’t excited to get back on the road.

did their roadies jump ship to other touring acts because they needed the work, and now PJ is in line waiting for them all to get done with other tours?  Just trying to figure out what the hold up is
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    xjoshfromworkxxjoshfromworkx Moline, IL Posts: 138
    If it is going to be the Spring, I hope they announce the dates in the next couple of months. In the Fall, my wife is scheduling a student council trip for Chicago in the Spring and will need to start the logistics of booking that trip. We will both be going on the trip as chaperones, so I am needing to convince her to schedule around any potential PJ dates. We have tickets for STL, and I am going to try to pick up Nashville. 

Similar boat here, my wife and I are looking to reschedule our trip to Europe that was screwed in May 2020. I'd like to see what PJ plans to do so we can plan our trip around it since we're still sitting on tickets to STL as well. We're kinda thinking about rebooking Europe for this fall but I'm gun shy on doing so and then PJ gives us the makeup dates.

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,640
    I’m starting to just shake my head every time another tour announcement comes out or a festival is scheduled.  Not trying to be a dick, but what is PJ’s hold up? I mean outdoor amphitheater’s are all over the country and they really are late to the game behind all these other acts.  The stones I don’t think have made any moves either, and they had postponed their tour due to COVID...  who knows, but it’s really a bit crazy now that they aren’t excited to get back on the road.

did their roadies jump ship to other touring acts because they needed the work, and now PJ is in line waiting for them all to get done with other tours?  Just trying to figure out what the hold up is
    Yeah, if we don’t hear something in early June I think I’ll start questioning wtf is going on 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,960
    edited May 2021
    Trey just announced two solo shows in June at the beacon with full capacity.  Come on Pearl Jam let s go!!!!!
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,063
    How do you plan to dip away from chaperone duties to go to a concert? Student Council attending too?
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,549
    hihobibo said:
    How do you plan to dip away from chaperone duties to go to a concert? Student Council attending too?
    No, I am trying to make sure she doesn't schedule the student council trip at the same time as the rescheduled concerts. If I can find out the dates of the rescheduled shows, I can make sure that she doesn't. She usually starts looking at dates for the trip once the school year starts. 
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,220

Similar boat here, my wife and I are looking to reschedule our trip to Europe that was screwed in May 2020. I'd like to see what PJ plans to do so we can plan our trip around it since we're still sitting on tickets to STL as well. We're kinda thinking about rebooking Europe for this fall but I'm gun shy on doing so and then PJ gives us the makeup dates.
    Easy - schedule the Europe trip for summer 2022 ;)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    xjoshfromworkxxjoshfromworkx Moline, IL Posts: 138

Easy - schedule the Europe trip for summer 2022 ;)

The pickle is I'd like to go THIS year because my job let me roll over a week of vacation from 2020, only because of the pandemic, otherwise it's use it or lose it. So I'm sitting on a butt load of time off for 2021 and I could use a good chunk in Europe. I'd ALSO like to leave this job this year and if I start something new late this year/early next year, who knows what type of time off I'll have available to me if I have Europe 2022 on the list.

Being an adult sucks, haha.

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018