Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It was another false comparison in a long line of them, taken out of context, the interview and Brandon‘s response, as somehow being egregious to the OP. Their opinion but misguided IMHO. Doesn’t pass the sniff test.
    Right, but what was that?  The statement that he had gotten more done than any other recent admin in the first two years?  

If so, that's a fine statement. It's subjective and political.  
    It was just something I heard that I came here to discuss as it caught my attention.  Of course then it became about other things like the GOP and Halifax once again getting away with reaching and inferring he knows why I say anything I do and his bullshit sniff test I guess.  

I can agree that really everyone does it, and (as I said in my original post...I'm likely just more heightened to it and more bothered by it due to the 2016-2020 time frame).  So yes, others that pointed out that it wasn't abnormal are right.   I just hate the self-pimping part of politics I guess.

This has all gotten so stupid.
    I have a problem with superlatives rather than just pimping your accomplishments.  If you say you are the greatest ever, I have a problem with that.  Saying you've done more than other recent presidents isn't outrageous to me.  Saying you are a better president than Abraham Lincoln (as Trump did) is heresy.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2021/07/19/trump-says-he-would-likely-beat-george-washington-and-abraham-lincoln-in-an-election/?sh=7a971b3e427e
    Except for the few true trolls that stop by every now and again, do you think there is anyone left here that doesn’t know this, and already knows that trump is the biggest POS out there? 

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,319
    Complete faith in the guy who just said his son died in Iraq.  I'm not saying Biden is as bad as Reagan was at the end, but let's face it, he is a placeholder and the team behind the scenes is running the show.  Wouldn't be the first.  
    He's said in the past he believes Beau's cancer originated from those burn pits in Iraq....so yeah
    Nah.  He said he lost his life in Iraq.  
    I take that statement as meaning he mentally and eventually physically lost his life by going to Iraq. Even when he came back alive, a part of him was already dead and a shell of himself. War is a motherfucker like that and that's the context I relate it to most closely mean. Sure, we can pick on Bidens mind because he's old, but I think he knows how his son died and why.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It’s *almost* as if OPEC & Putin & the GOP are in cahoots. 
    Biden actually said that if OPEC cuts the oil that they are aligning with Russia.  So there is that.  It's a perfect platform for the GOP to run with too though.  Low hanging fruit.
    Of course they are aligning with Russia.  But I dont' understand your point?  You're saying the perfect platform for the GOP is to make the case that OPEC is aligned with Russia?  Does that mean the US should align with Russia?  Did I miss when gas prices became more important than fighting for freedom and self determination?  
    My Point is GOP is not blaming Russia for gas prices, they blame Biden.

I am also pointing out the easy targets that Biden will get nailed for, his fault or not.  It doesn't help when he claims gas prices are falling because of him either.
    Okay if Putin didn't triple your gas prices, who did?  Was it Biden?  If you're arguing that people who trend GOP are stupid enough to think that some Biden policy tripled gas prices, I'll have to agree with that.  But is that what you think?
    You can’t blame Putin or Biden for all of it. They were below normal to start because of COVId. So neither one is responsible for tripling prices. 
    You can absolutely blame Putin for an increase in gas prices.  Oil surged immediately after the invasion.  Yes, COVID had them below normal, but they exploded with the invasion.  What happened in Feb was no crazy coincidence. 

Yes. I just said you can’t blame Putin for it tripling. They had already been rising from something like a 20 year low. So Putin maybe caused a 50% increase, not a 300%.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Biden actually said that if OPEC cuts the oil that they are aligning with Russia.  So there is that.  It's a perfect platform for the GOP to run with too though.  Low hanging fruit.
    Of course they are aligning with Russia.  But I dont' understand your point?  You're saying the perfect platform for the GOP is to make the case that OPEC is aligned with Russia?  Does that mean the US should align with Russia?  Did I miss when gas prices became more important than fighting for freedom and self determination?  

I am also pointing out the easy targets that Biden will get nailed for, his fault or not.  It doesn't help when he claims gas prices are falling because of him either.
    Okay if Putin didn't triple your gas prices, who did?  Was it Biden?  If you're arguing that people who trend GOP are stupid enough to think that some Biden policy tripled gas prices, I'll have to agree with that.  But is that what you think?
    100%  I have been critical of oil companies and OPEC for months now about this.  Just because Biden has it out for oil doesn't mean he caused it.
    You don’t always have to blame someone. Those who are saying it rose 300% are comparing it to the record low COVId prices that were a false low. Prices were going to double when everyone went back to work. Inflation and Putin make up a good portion of the rest of the difference..
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,469
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You can’t blame Putin or Biden for all of it. They were below normal to start because of COVId. So neither one is responsible for tripling prices. 
    You can absolutely blame Putin for an increase in gas prices.  Oil surged immediately after the invasion.  Yes, COVID had them below normal, but they exploded with the invasion.  What happened in Feb was no crazy coincidence. 

Yes. I just said you can’t blame Putin for it tripling. They had already been rising from something like a 20 year low. So Putin maybe caused a 50% increase, not a 300%.
    Whether it is actually tripling or doubling or whatever...the point is that it is primarily Putin's fault for the dramatic increase in oil prices this year. That is the point. Not the actual percentage. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Whether it is actually tripling or doubling or whatever...the point is that it is primarily Putin's fault for the dramatic increase in oil prices this year. That is the point. Not the actual percentage. 
    And that’s what I disagree with. It’s not primarily Putin. 
    Before Covid gas was averaging close to $3. It’s peak a few months ago was $5. So it’s less than double pre-Covid prices. 
    Yes, prices have tripled since their low 2 years ago, but that was a low brought on by Covid. The majority of the increase in the last 2 years is not because of Putin or Biden, but because life is more or less post-pandemic normal. Factor in inflation and other causes, Putin is not the reason it went up to $5. Maybe he’s responsible for that last .50 cents.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Before Covid gas was averaging close to $3. It’s peak a few months ago was $5. So it’s less than double pre-Covid prices. 
    Yes, prices have tripled since their low 2 years ago, but that was a low brought on by Covid. The majority of the increase in the last 2 years is not because of Putin or Biden, but because life is more or less post-pandemic normal. Factor in inflation and other causes, Putin is not the reason it went up to $5. Maybe he’s responsible for that last .50 cents.
    The Bloomberg chart above seems to disagree with your assessment. I'd wager a guess to say the Russian invasion had an affect of at least a dollar a gallon which is....pretty dramatic for most people. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

The Bloomberg chart above seems to disagree with your assessment. I'd wager a guess to say the Russian invasion had an affect of at least a dollar a gallon which is....pretty dramatic for most people. 
    It doesn’t look like it disagrees with anything I said. That graph shows about a 20-25% increase in oil prices from its projected growth, not it being tripled.
    The comment I responded to originally was “if Payton didn’t triple gas prices then who did?” It has nearly tripled from the low point a year and half ago to the high a couple months ago. I just don’t see how that graph supports blaming Putin for the majority of that. Even if you’re right, and he’s responsible for closer to $1 increase than my guess of $0.50, that’s still not the majority of the more than $3 increase in gas that caused prices to triple.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    Yep, the left are absolutely trash

lol yeah Republicans are so righteous & morally correct. I will still never ever vote Republican 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Nobody cares. 

I also don't ask the person handling my luggage at the airport their political thoughts.  Because, who gives a shit.

• Options
    Nobody cares. 

I also don't ask the person handling my luggage at the airport their political thoughts.  Because, who gives a shit.

Hi @Out of My Mind and Time

What do you think Trump was doing with all those top secret documents?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It doesn’t look like it disagrees with anything I said. That graph shows about a 20-25% increase in oil prices from its projected growth, not it being tripled.
    The comment I responded to originally was “if Payton didn’t triple gas prices then who did?” It has nearly tripled from the low point a year and half ago to the high a couple months ago. I just don’t see how that graph supports blaming Putin for the majority of that. Even if you’re right, and he’s responsible for closer to $1 increase than my guess of $0.50, that’s still not the majority of the more than $3 increase in gas that caused prices to triple.

Again focusing on the specific tripling? 

Whether it is actually doubling or tripling or whatever....the point is that it is primarily Putin's fault for the dramatic increase in oil prices this year. That is the the point. Not the actual percentage. Chart shows a dramatic shift right when the invasion started. A dollar increase in such a short amount of time qualifies as a dramatic increase for most people. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Defending Putin on the ritz is the new thing.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    No one is defending Putin. Just saying there’s other reasons for gas prices. That’s hardly defending him.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Whether it is actually doubling or tripling or whatever....the point is that it is primarily Putin's fault for the dramatic increase in oil prices this year. That is the the point. Not the actual percentage. Chart shows a dramatic shift right when the invasion started. A dollar increase in such a short amount of time qualifies as a dramatic increase for most people. 
    The specific tripling was the question that I responded to. If you have an issue with that, then respond to that question like I did.

All I’m saying is the world getting back to normal after Covid played a bigger role in gas prices than Putin and his war.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    No one is defending Putin. Just saying there’s other reasons for gas prices. That’s hardly defending him.
    Focusing on the actual percentage of the increase comes across as minimizing the effect his invasion has had. Shirley you realize that. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Lots of repubs and Faux news are defending Putin on the ritz and it trickles out and down to the base. It becomes a topic dejour. I mean why blame Putin on the ritz when you’ve got Brandon to flip off?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

The specific tripling was the question that I responded to. If you have an issue with that, then respond to that question like I did.

All I’m saying is the world getting back to normal after Covid played a bigger role in gas prices than Putin and his war.
    And my response to that was the actual percentage is not the point. That number came from Paul Gosar. You think people put any stock in anything he says? lol

Chart shows dramatic shift at time of invasion. Chart don't lie. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    edited October 2022
    Nobody cares. 

so you just admitted to being a troll. well done.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    edited October 2022
    Nobody cares. 

so you just admitted to being a troll. well done.
    Ouch! 
    Post edited by Kat on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I find it interesting that you take Gosar's statement that gas tripled at face value while splitting hairs with us.  

Did gas triple? Not by me.  Even if I go to the nadir of prices,  in mid 2020, it got to$2 and change by me.  It has never been above $5 in Richmond.  I'm guessing the same proportions generally apply nationwide
     While gas might have be$7 in California,  I'm willing to bet it was never $2 50.  

The clear spike in prices right as the war started is unassailable. Yes gas had been gradually rising,  as the world restarted, but Putin was a shock to the market. 
  • Options
    I’d love an explanation of the spike and what proportion was caused by what, but you know, fuck Brandon.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I’d love an explanation of the spike and what proportion was caused by what, but you know, fuck Brandon.
    I haven’t once blamed Biden.
    Ypu only need basic middle-school graph reading skills to see the graph was trending in a straight line headed towards $100. The spike put it around $120. I don’t know what the issue is here.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    This guy is such a loser. Creepy joe at it again

Post edited by Out of My Mind and Time on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Ypu only need basic middle-school graph reading skills to see the graph was trending in a straight line headed towards $100. The spike put it around $120. I don’t know what the issue is here.
    Listen,  not to be a dick, but a stock graph is not a middle school graph to read.  If it was,  you'd be arguing that even without a war,  the oil future price would be$200 next year.  So your argument is pretty silly. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Listen,  not to be a dick, but a stock graph is not a middle school graph to read.  If it was,  you'd be arguing that even without a war,  the oil future price would be$200 next year.  So your argument is pretty silly. 

All I said was you can’t blame Putin for all of the gas increase, that Covid played a bigger role. I didn’t even think that was an arguable point. I thought that was common knowledge.

You would be right if I was using that trend to predict gas next year. But I’m not. It’s not unreasonable to look at this graph, see a trend for the last 4 months and make a prediction that it would increase from $92to $100 in the next month. Especially considering at that point gas hadn’t even returned to pre-Covid average and they were rising as more people were returning to work in person.  But for pointing out that gas had not even returned to pre-Covid prices at this point, that we were still living off low  point from everyone working at home and people were starting to return to the office, I was called a Putin supporter and blaming Biden for some reason.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,357
    winter blend is cheaper to produce...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    And yet prices had a steady increase starting in November 2021
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,357
    mace1229 said:
    And yet prices had a steady increase starting in November 2021

as I recall that coincides with when the russian military build up on ukraines borders began in earnest and the west spoke on those moves for what they were......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:

All I said was you can’t blame Putin for all of the gas increase, that Covid played a bigger role. I didn’t even think that was an arguable point. I thought that was common knowledge.

You would be right if I was using that trend to predict gas next year. But I’m not. It’s not unreasonable to look at this graph, see a trend for the last 4 months and make a prediction that it would increase from $92to $100 in the next month. Especially considering at that point gas hadn’t even returned to pre-Covid average and they were rising as more people were returning to work in person.  But for pointing out that gas had not even returned to pre-Covid prices at this point, that we were still living off low  point from everyone working at home and people were starting to return to the office, I was called a Putin supporter and blaming Biden for some reason.
    Why even argue a silly point? Isn't Gosar's fundamental statement wrong from the start,  that gas didn't triple? You've created an impossible argument by trying to get people to prove something that isn't true to start.  

Second,  once again,  the war spiked the price.  Even with the 8th grade graphing conclusions,  the price of oil wasn't going up 25% in a week.