Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It’s *almost* as if OPEC & Putin & the GOP are in cahoots. 
    Biden actually said that if OPEC cuts the oil that they are aligning with Russia.  So there is that.  It's a perfect platform for the GOP to run with too though.  Low hanging fruit.
    Of course they are aligning with Russia.  But I dont' understand your point?  You're saying the perfect platform for the GOP is to make the case that OPEC is aligned with Russia?  Does that mean the US should align with Russia?  Did I miss when gas prices became more important than fighting for freedom and self determination?  
    My Point is GOP is not blaming Russia for gas prices, they blame Biden.

I am also pointing out the easy targets that Biden will get nailed for, his fault or not.  It doesn't help when he claims gas prices are falling because of him either.
    Okay if Putin didn't triple your gas prices, who did?  Was it Biden?  If you're arguing that people who trend GOP are stupid enough to think that some Biden policy tripled gas prices, I'll have to agree with that.  But is that what you think?
    You can’t blame Putin or Biden for all of it. They were below normal to start because of COVId. So neither one is responsible for tripling prices. 
    You can absolutely blame Putin for an increase in gas prices.  Oil surged immediately after the invasion.  Yes, COVID had them below normal, but they exploded with the invasion.  What happened in Feb was no crazy coincidence. 

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,982
    edited October 2022
    Damn you Brandon! Put the damn water back in the Mississippi! We know you’re doing this so we have to pay higher prices for goods so you can fund your child sex trafficking blood sucking cult!

Mississippi River levels are dropping too low for barges to float

Water levels are approaching their lowest in a generation, forcing emergency dredging to keep commerce flowing

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,652

How dare Biden suggest he got more done in his first two years than any other president “in recent history”.  Even in a vacuum, there’s nothing wrong with that quote. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156
    Ok to try and flip this as the topic went a completely different direction then intended...

Who here has a link to a good, non-partisan, updated source for the accomplishments and struggles of the Biden Admin?  I have searched a bit but I only find partisan sites for the most part.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Biden actually said that if OPEC cuts the oil that they are aligning with Russia.  So there is that.  It's a perfect platform for the GOP to run with too though.  Low hanging fruit.
    Of course they are aligning with Russia.  But I dont' understand your point?  You're saying the perfect platform for the GOP is to make the case that OPEC is aligned with Russia?  Does that mean the US should align with Russia?  Did I miss when gas prices became more important than fighting for freedom and self determination?  

I am also pointing out the easy targets that Biden will get nailed for, his fault or not.  It doesn't help when he claims gas prices are falling because of him either.
    Okay if Putin didn't triple your gas prices, who did?  Was it Biden?  If you're arguing that people who trend GOP are stupid enough to think that some Biden policy tripled gas prices, I'll have to agree with that.  But is that what you think?
    100%  I have been critical of oil companies and OPEC for months now about this.  Just because Biden has it out for oil doesn't mean he caused it.
  • Options
    I have been to a bunch of comedy shows and never saw anything like that.  Since Trump it has become more of a normal.

You can't do shit like that...

Glad she pwned them by drinking that beer but that's not cool to throw a beer at a lady...
    i think it is fair to say that the rage from the right is different than the rage from the left. the left wants to try to do things in the normal way, while the right just goes towards violence.

if someone can't take a joke without wanting to kick the comedian's ass, for the love of god do not go to a comedy show.
    You never saw people attack the MAGAs?
  • Options
    Damn you Brandon! Put the damn water back in the Mississippi! We know you’re doing this so we have to pay higher prices for goods so you can fund your child sex trafficking blood sucking cult!

Mississippi River levels are dropping too low for barges to float

Water levels are approaching their lowest in a generation, forcing emergency dredging to keep commerce flowing

Should put this in the Global Warming thread too.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You can’t blame Putin or Biden for all of it. They were below normal to start because of COVId. So neither one is responsible for tripling prices. 
    You can absolutely blame Putin for an increase in gas prices.  Oil surged immediately after the invasion.  Yes, COVID had them below normal, but they exploded with the invasion.  What happened in Feb was no crazy coincidence. 

The oil thing is pretty interesting.  It is obvious Putin caused a huge increase (due to fear of supply) with the war.  It's true that the president doesn't have any direct control...but the president does have some diplomatic ability to effect this, within reason of course.  I would say Biden's action with the reserves helped...I would also say that Biden visiting Saudi Arabia and then them voting to cut supply of oil was a diplomatic failure of the president to influence something that effect the price of oil.  Some of it are direct levers, others are only influence (and some sort of trading of horses).
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,469

How dare Biden suggest he got more done in his first two years than any other president “in recent history”.  Even in a vacuum, there’s nothing wrong with that quote. 
    Yeah. I was expecting much more than what was said in that transcript. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The dude's a creep and has had plenty of faux pas... This wasn't really one of them, at least not in the context of the interview. (do we get to factor in the context of the interview?)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,639
    edited October 2022
    Complete faith in the guy who just said his son died in Iraq.  I'm not saying Biden is as bad as Reagan was at the end, but let's face it, he is a placeholder and the team behind the scenes is running the show.  Wouldn't be the first.  
  • Options
    Complete faith in the guy who just said his son died in Iraq.  I'm not saying Biden is as bad as Reagan was at the end, but let's face it, he is a placeholder and the team behind the scenes is running the show.  Wouldn't be the first.  
    He's said in the past he believes Beau's cancer originated from those burn pits in Iraq....so yeah
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

The oil thing is pretty interesting.  It is obvious Putin caused a huge increase (due to fear of supply) with the war.  It's true that the president doesn't have any direct control...but the president does have some diplomatic ability to effect this, within reason of course.  I would say Biden's action with the reserves helped...I would also say that Biden visiting Saudi Arabia and then them voting to cut supply of oil was a diplomatic failure of the president to influence something that effect the price of oil.  Some of it are direct levers, others are only influence (and some sort of trading of horses).
    Yes, the mission seems to have been somewhat of a failure.  If you recall though, immediately after the visit, OPEC agreed to raise production by a few hundred thousand barrels a day over the course of three months.  That stabilized the pricing.  Now they are cutting the production.  What changed?  Well one could argue that it is a move to support Russia.  And it might be.  But I tend to think OPEC believes a recession is afoot in the next 6 months and they are cutting to keep prices stable.  Helping Russia is just an ancillary benefit.  I may be wrong, but I think their margins are more important than anything to them.  
  • Options
    I missed the comment where someone said they have complete faith in the guy. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,639
    He's said in the past he believes Beau's cancer originated from those burn pits in Iraq....so yeah
    Nah.  He said he lost his life in Iraq.  
  • Options

The dude's a creep and has had plenty of faux pas... This wasn't really one of them, at least not in the context of the interview. (do we get to factor in the context of the interview?)
    I really wish people would read what was written and hold off on the “trump did this” “GOP did that” and then attack.

I mentioned my aversion to people talking like this in any situation (reference work). And then I said this:

At least Biden isn't just a plain liar about things...but he is still a political spinner and Trump must have heightened my attention (and repulsion) to”

Admitting that the recent past has heightened my own sensitivity to it. I still think it’s not something that should be said and I dislike the people that do that sort of thing cause it’s all shut selling yourself.  And I dislike that it is pretty normal in politics. I’m unclear as to where anyone gets that I was saying this was the worst thing ever…Biden said the worst thing ever..no one else does this??? Cause it just isn’t true. 

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yes, the mission seems to have been somewhat of a failure.  If you recall though, immediately after the visit, OPEC agreed to raise production by a few hundred thousand barrels a day over the course of three months.  That stabilized the pricing.  Now they are cutting the production.  What changed?  Well one could argue that it is a move to support Russia.  And it might be.  But I tend to think OPEC believes a recession is afoot in the next 6 months and they are cutting to keep prices stable.  Helping Russia is just an ancillary benefit.  I may be wrong, but I think their margins are more important than anything to them.  
    In hindsight that mission was a failure.  It seems like the US should have certainly gotten more out of having the president visit after the killing of the journalist. 

I heard some discussion on the $ side in that some think short sighted as will help lead to a global recession which will tank their profits.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Nah.  He said he lost his life in Iraq.  
    Yeah he's been a gaffe machine for decades. That was likely what he meant, given how he's talked about it before. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I really wish people would read what was written and hold off on the “trump did this” “GOP did that” and then attack.

I mentioned my aversion to people talking like this in any situation (reference work). And then I said this:

”At least Biden isn't just a plain liar about things...but he is still a political spinner and Trump must have heightened my attention (and repulsion) to”

Admitting that the recent past has heightened my own sensitivity to it. I still think it’s not something that should be said and I dislike the people that do that sort of thing cause it’s all shut selling yourself.  And I dislike that it is pretty normal in politics. I’m unclear as to where anyone gets that I was saying this was the worst thing ever…Biden said the worst thing ever..no one else does this??? Cause it just isn’t true. 

Name me a politician who doesn't do that. Sounds like you just hate politics in general...which is understandable. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

”At least Biden isn't just a plain liar about things...but he is still a political spinner and Trump must have heightened my attention (and repulsion) to”

Name me a politician who doesn't do that. Sounds like you just hate politics in general...which is understandable. 
    Hahaha perhaps. It’s when it gets to the best ever or best in recent history…that it really starts to annoy me. But you are probably right. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Hahaha perhaps. It’s when it gets to the best ever or best in recent history…that it really starts to annoy me. But you are probably right. 
    Hi saying recent history doesn't bother me much at all. They have gotten a lot done, albeit in smaller doses. Like the gun control bill. I believe that's the most comprehensive gun legislation passed in almost 30 years since the assault weapons ban. But nobody really talks about it because it did not go nearly far enough because they don't have enough votes in the senate. Yet it counts as an accomplishment on his record. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    If the guy was beating his chest on a regular basis about all his accomplishments, I could understand it. He was responding to a question in an interview. 

IDK why that context is overlooked. 
  • Options
    After reading all of this, I have no idea what the problem is.  If you are not touting your admin's successes and minimizing its shortcomings, you are committing political malpractice.  That doesn't mean lying is okay, it's not.  But focusing on the good is what any politician should do, particularly a month before an election. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    mrussel1 said:
    After reading all of this, I have no idea what the problem is.  If you are not touting your admin's successes and minimizing its shortcomings, you are committing political malpractice.  That doesn't mean lying is okay, it's not.  But focusing on the good is what any politician should do, particularly a month before an election. 
    there wasn't really a problem. just because someone screams "calm down" at you doesn't mean you were actually angry. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    there wasn't really a problem. just because someone screams "calm down" at you doesn't mean you were actually angry. 
    I mean the overall debate..  
  • Options
    It was another false comparison in a long line of them, taken out of context, the interview and Brandon‘s response, as somehow being egregious to the OP. Their opinion but misguided IMHO. Doesn’t pass the sniff test.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    It was another false comparison in a long line of them, taken out of context, the interview and Brandon‘s response, as somehow being egregious to the OP. Their opinion but misguided IMHO. Doesn’t pass the sniff test.
    Right, but what was that?  The statement that he had gotten more done than any other recent admin in the first two years?  

If so, that's a fine statement. It's subjective and political.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Right, but what was that?  The statement that he had gotten more done than any other recent admin in the first two years?  

It was just something I heard that I came here to discuss as it caught my attention.  Of course then it became about other things like the GOP and Halifax once again getting away with reaching and inferring he knows why I say anything I do and his bullshit sniff test I guess.  

I can agree that really everyone does it, and (as I said in my original post...I'm likely just more heightened to it and more bothered by it due to the 2016-2020 time frame).  So yes, others that pointed out that it wasn't abnormal are right.   I just hate the self-pimping part of politics I guess.

This has all gotten so stupid.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Agreed. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

It was just something I heard that I came here to discuss as it caught my attention.  Of course then it became about other things like the GOP and Halifax once again getting away with reaching and inferring he knows why I say anything I do and his bullshit sniff test I guess.  

I can agree that really everyone does it, and (as I said in my original post...I'm likely just more heightened to it and more bothered by it due to the 2016-2020 time frame).  So yes, others that pointed out that it wasn't abnormal are right.   I just hate the self-pimping part of politics I guess.

I have a problem with superlatives rather than just pimping your accomplishments.  If you say you are the greatest ever, I have a problem with that.  Saying you've done more than other recent presidents isn't outrageous to me.  Saying you are a better president than Abraham Lincoln (as Trump did) is heresy.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2021/07/19/trump-says-he-would-likely-beat-george-washington-and-abraham-lincoln-in-an-election/?sh=7a971b3e427e